facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 3, 2011, 01:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs PWN
So glad that the subcontinent won this wc!!
Correction.Its India the nation that won the cup,if Bangladesh had won this cup you would have seen the venom which would have flown for India,its cricketers,its fans,its board,its media...
so glad that India is number one in both the formats of the game.

Old April 3, 2011, 01:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Dhoni has always been under rated as a captain. Over the years, he never panicked, he took the responsibility on his shoulder and the results shows.

Congrats, India. The best team has been the winner.
Old April 3, 2011, 02:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
Correction.Its India the nation that won the cup,if Bangladesh had won this cup you would have seen the venom which would have flown for India,its cricketers,its fans,its board,its media...
so glad that India is number one in both the formats of the game.
Continue...Finally you and ur Indian compatriots r showing their true colors. Leafs PWN said something quite innocent and u made it so vile. Never want India to win any tourney for this exact reason.
Old April 3, 2011, 02:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashan83
. In knock out any team would have come, they would have defeated them

You never know how they would played against South Africa.
Old April 3, 2011, 03:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

they did play against SA and lost in a close match. but I always got the feeling they were experimenting in the group phases since qualification was near assured. India won 2-1 in the last ODI series against SA in India.
Old April 3, 2011, 03:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Indeed! Congratulations Team India. I am especially touched by how even in this day, the Indians have ultimately followed tradition and did not forget to thank their idols: Sachin, Sachin and Sachin Tendulkar. I really felt for India when they lost in 2003, and for Sri Lanka in 2007. Glad India was the winner. Congrats to Sri Lanka for making it to the final.
Old April 3, 2011, 03:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Ash

Congrats India for win the WC.
Congrats Tendulkar, I'm very happy to see he got the WC finally.
Congrats Dhoni, Yuvraj, Gambir and Zaheer for their outstanding performances through out the tournament.
Old April 3, 2011, 04:01 AM

A fantastic win for India and it's cricket fans. Well played Dhoni - though Punjab prince is the real hero to take India to the glory IMHO
Old April 3, 2011, 04:10 AM
Cricket Legend

the maestro with his biggest fan. this picture brought a tear to my eyes.
accompanying article.

Quote:
Sachin Tendulkar holds aloft the World Cup with one of his long-time fans, Sudhir Gautam, April 2, 2011
A moment to cherish: Sachin Tendulkar celebrates with one of his longtime fans, Sudhir Gautam ©

Sachin Tendulkar walked out of the changing room and gestured to Sudhir Gautam to come up. Gautam is the thin man with the shaven head - for the past few weeks adorned with a replica of the World Cup - and body covered in the Indian tri-colour. For at least half a decade now, Gautam has been Tendulkar's biggest fan, waving the Indian flag and blowing his conch shell at every venue Tendulkar plays. Today, Tendulkar decided to repay Gautam for his devotion.

No sooner had he realised that Tendulkar was calling, than Gautam jumped the electronic advertising hoarding and skipped up the 30-odd stairs on to the corridor of the Indian changing room. All through his short journey he screamed in delight. Tendulkar shook hands with him, then embraced him and finally asked one of his team-mates to get the World Cup trophy. Zaheer Khan brought the cup outside with utmost care and held it tight. Gautam almost snatched it out of his hands but Zaheer held on. Eventually Zaheer let go and Gautam lifted the Cup with both hands, screaming "India". Tendulkar could not help but smile; he started clapping and was joined by a few of his team-mates. The sweat on Tendulkar's face glistened under the floodlights, enhancing his joy of winning the World Cup .
Old April 3, 2011, 04:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Yeah, this guy was in the gallery next to our's during the BD-IND game... was going crazy with the conch shell, paying no attention to the BD fans around him.
Old April 3, 2011, 04:31 AM
Cricket Legend

he follows the Indian team wherever he can. he left his job and is a fulltime fan for 5-6 years now. other fans pay his travel fare and sachin ensures he gets a ticket for every match played in India.
Old April 3, 2011, 04:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
he follows the Indian team wherever he can. he left his job and is a fulltime fan for 5-6 years now. other fans pay his travel fare and sachin ensures he gets a ticket for every match played in India.
So he's the Indian version of Chacha-Miah?
Old April 3, 2011, 04:41 AM
Cricket Legend

and of parsi abhaysekhara.
p.s. chacha was at mohali too. I don't see him with the murgi nowadays though.
Old April 3, 2011, 05:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Dhoni kintu khub e shokti shomponno manob.
Old April 3, 2011, 08:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Massive congratulations to India!!

They have played like champions. Truly happy for 'el maestro' Sachin. He deserves to end his career as a World Cup winner. Juvi, Dhoni, Gautam and Zaheer were outstanding. Infact, all of them were great.
Old April 3, 2011, 02:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: PRINCE OF KOLKATA!!!

Many thanks to some familiar posters, good to see some old friends.

Congrats fellow Indians and commiserations to SL, worthy opponents.

But what a world cup eh? There was me thinking I wouldn't care about 50 overs after Tendulkar.

Such a good tournament.
Old April 3, 2011, 03:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Didn't watch it. Congrats.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 3, 2011, 11:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Salaam salute and pronaam to team India! Arrey Merhava merhava, what a team, Allah bless Tendulkar and Dhoni, the 2011 world cup went to it's beholder, the champs, for a deserving team of athletes, for a deserving nation that loves cricket so much and what a great match it was! And also big congrats to team Srilanka for a great fighting match and great cricket!

Ki gow Neel dekhecho, oi Prithibi-raj bhai tow footsey ekhon....aar biriyani khawalow naa!! Miah Prithivi money hoi pura 420! Bhagsey! Khawow miah, ekhon biriyani khawao!!!
Old April 4, 2011, 12:12 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Signed.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old April 4, 2011, 05:50 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Congrats. Now, just don't get extra cocky on rest of the world. Don't be like the Oz
Old April 5, 2011, 03:05 AM
Cricket Legend

congrats to india! the major contribution was from yuvraj, zaheer, sachin, raina, sehwag, gambhir.

congrats to sachin as well, he truly deserved a world champions medal. even though he didnt do much in final but the crucial semi was won by him, scratchy or not. For me, MOM of the final was gambhir not dhoni. Gambhir really put the lankans on the backfoot.

I have been a supporter of indian team from childhood and started watching them from 1987 WC. My support waned after 2003 WC and I started supporting Bd, my country , after that. I think the darkest period of indian cricket was the 90s, they didnt have a single match winner apart from sachin. Being such a good player, sachin couldnt win india any major trophies simply because there wasnt any other major performers. India was really the "haru party", kept on losing to pakistan/srilanka on crucial occasions. I think the winning mentality of indian team came after the new guns yuvraj and zaheer and finally dhoni joined in. they have the winner finishing mentality which tendulkar lacked even with all his brilliance. i have to say this even when tendu was my fav player for such a long time.

i hope india keep on winning, tendu sure have a few more years to contribute. he can retire when the runs dry up. india have backup for him now.
Old April 5, 2011, 04:07 AM
Cricket Legend

the arrival of dravid and ganguly added a few more match winners and that allowed them to taste a few more morsels of success. remember the independence cup final at dhaka when India chased down 315 against pakistan ?

the mentality truly changed after ganguly took over, he backed all these young players and the team started winning overseas. dravid and kumble carried the torch forward and it culminated with dhoni's era, champion in ODI and no 1 in tests.
Old April 5, 2011, 07:20 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Congrats. Well done.
Old April 5, 2011, 09:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
congrats to india! the major contribution was from yuvraj, zaheer, sachin, raina, sehwag, gambhir.

congrats to sachin as well, he truly deserved a world champions medal. even though he didnt do much in final but the crucial semi was won by him, scratchy or not. For me, MOM of the final was gambhir not dhoni. Gambhir really put the lankans on the backfoot.

I have been a supporter of indian team from childhood and started watching them from 1987 WC. My support waned after 2003 WC and I started supporting Bd, my country , after that. I think the darkest period of indian cricket was the 90s, they didnt have a single match winner apart from sachin. Being such a good player, sachin couldnt win india any major trophies simply because there wasnt any other major performers. India was really the "haru party", kept on losing to pakistan/srilanka on crucial occasions. I think the winning mentality of indian team came after the new guns yuvraj and zaheer and finally dhoni joined in. they have the winner finishing mentality which tendulkar lacked even with all his brilliance. i have to say this even when tendu was my fav player for such a long time.

i hope india keep on winning, tendu sure have a few more years to contribute. he can retire when the runs dry up. india have backup for him now.
BangladeshFan,

Respect to you for being a supporter of India team even before i became one!

You are right in that India team of the 90s was the proverbial "Haru Party". Snatching defeat from a certain victory became a trademark. While teams like SL and NZ were improving leaps and bounds, Indian team was a proverbial loser. We had selectors who had no problem having monkeys bat for India as long as the monkeys were from their zone. So useless players like Vikram Rathore, Pankaj Dharmani, Rashid Patel etc. could easily make it to the team while some really talented players like Obaid Kamal (a very talented fast-medium bowler from UP) waited and waited and gave up cricket in disgust.

Tendulkar was tonic for a billion Indians in that he kept the passion going for the game and the team even when India was losing pretty much everything.

The best part of this World-Cup win - India won despite no contribution from Sachin and Sehwag. That can only augur well for the team.

India team is far from perfect or a dominant force. But they have the capability - whether they can go that extra mile will be solely their planning, execution and prerogative.
Old April 5, 2011, 08:19 PM
Cricket Sage

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...t_passion.html

This is what cricket means to the sub-continent. I loved every single pictures that's posted in this link. Everyone should check them out!

Last edited by Ajfar; April 5, 2011 at 09:13 PM..