facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 25, 2017, 12:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Default Searching for artwork depicting rural Bangladesh

Hi guys and gals,

I'm looking for artwork that depicts life in rural Bangladesh. The kind of drawings that you might see in children's bangla learning books. Here's one as a example:

But I'm hoping more for something similar to this:

Depicting bazaars, communal areas, etc. So basically style similar to the first, but content similar to the second. Might be a long shot but hoping some of you can point me to the right direction. Thanks.

Old February 25, 2017, 01:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Yankees,

There are hundreds and thousands of them available in the market, in different format and medium, i.e. painting on paper, cardboard, metal, wood panel, stitched/embroidered in fabric (nakshi katha style).

You did not clarify where you are looking for them. New York City? Are you in Dhaka, Bangladesh - traveling now? You can get them in New York very easily and of course in Dhaka and in most places in Bangladesh. You can get them online from Art galleries from Dhaka, they will ship them to you. Aarong in London, In Dhaka - Gulshan Market(#2), Sakura Market (DMC Super Market) by the Sheraton, any Aarongs in Dhaka, Shahbaagh Market by the national museum and Dhaka University/Dhaka Art College campus, Banani Super Market and many many other places.

If you are in NYC now, just search online for purchase and see what you can find. And keep us posted if you have no luck online. In New York city - Lower East Side (6th street/2nd Ave - India Row), Lexington by 28th street.
Jackson Heights (try Bhutalaa) & Flushings (Queens)
Old February 27, 2017, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Thanks Bujhee kom, appreciate the response. I do live In NYC and have been to Jackson Heights and India row, but unfortunately couldn't find what I'm looking for. I will try flushing soon.

The image I'm looking for is from a children's Bangla book I used to read as a child.Unfortunately I've lost the book but the image remains in my head. Which is why I'm not content with what I've found thus far. Might sound very childish, but I want something that comes very close to what I see in my mind.

Can you provide some websites for some art galleries in Dhaka, where I can scroll through their collection? Happy to pay to have them shipped or pick them up on my next visit to BD if shipping is not an option. Thank you in advance!
Old February 27, 2017, 04:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Please do not pay big bucks. Just visit any BD family ask their children to draw up with water color. You can visit me in Arkansas.

BK,
I know you YOURSELF can help him in 30 minutes of your precious time. I am sure it would be a challenge for you to do 15 of them in that time but 10 is in your relm. 3 minutes a sketch. Your sketches, Yankee would be glad to frame it like Jainul Abedin's. I am not kidding.
Old February 27, 2017, 04:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Esho hey boishak esho hey esho. Make kids participate in an art competition in one of the many cultural shows coming up. 1st 2nd 3rd gets a prize. You get the artworks.
Old March 9, 2017, 10:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Heheheh...thank you dear Tigers-eye Dulabhai!

But, Yankee bhaiya, would you want to have my nude sketches, life drawings? I have a lot of nude studies...a lot of them life size, charcoal and conte, ink wash...

Tigers-eye dulabhai wanted one, for his bedroom...I cannot let him, if you know what I mean...bura manus....Haa korey takiye thakbey aar Owazu bhengey jabey...Aar apur kachey Gaali khabey!

But Yankee bhaiya, if you want Bangali nude figure study/sketch...I will do one self portrait for you. Or my wife's.
Are you in the city?