facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 13, 2018, 01:56 PM
Cricket Legend

http://www.prothomalo.com/bangladesh...ন্না

Old May 13, 2018, 05:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
http://www.prothomalo.com/bangladesh...থবির

Traffic jam stretching 85 kilometers. I thought this was a golden opportunity for all those trapped in this jam to day dream about unnoyoner joyar and the mohakash bijoy of Sheikh Hasina.

Originally posted by readers' comments at Prothom Alo
SRABON
User Picture

Quote:
মহাকাশে আমাদের স‍্যাটেলাইট পৌঁছে গেছে কিন্তু ঢাকা থেকে চট্টগ্রাম বা ঢাকা থেকে চট্টগ্রাম পৌঁছনো খুবই কষ্টকর
thumbs up ৫
Old May 14, 2018, 01:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Looks like the Govt. didn't set any specific plan for the SAT...

http://lankabd.com/dse/stock-market/...?storyId=58850
Old May 14, 2018, 01:12 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

We are truly a strange nation. Nothing seems to unite us. No matter how good something happens, somepart of our people will point out how there are tons of problems to solve. Another part will point how many things are wrong in this. Another part will speculate whatever comes to their mind.
Old May 14, 2018, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
We are truly a strange nation. Nothing seems to unite us. No matter how good something happens, somepart of our people will point out how there are tons of problems to solve. Another part will point how many things are wrong in this. Another part will speculate whatever comes to their mind.
Mark Twain "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

Patriotism does not mean supporting/uniting on something your government has done. Everyone has the right to be critical of government activities.

There are many occasions we unite:

- When our cricket team wins

-I believe everyone in the country is supporting students' protests to reduce quota from 56%

When there is a worthy cause, human beings unite.

When there is a dubious cause like buying a satellite and promoting it as MOHAKASH BIJOY when there are so many issues that need to be prioritized, people don't unite. It's common sense. Shaming people to unite them by calling them unpatriotic or rajakarer bacca will never work (like the students have been called). This type of shaming only gives birth to fascism and it is no different than forcing a religion on someone.
Old May 14, 2018, 02:10 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^if we go by the priority list then we won't even need to have a cricket team. why even have BPL and play foreign players so much money when the country is still that poor.

even few weeks ago India had some villages with no electricity. and finally I think a week or two ago, they brought electricity to those last villages. but that didn't stop India from being ambitious and achieving other goals.

finally, this satellite is not only for just PR reasons. There are some tanigble and monetary benefits to it.

Additionally, sometimes an emerging country needs to showcase its growth to the rest of the world. Maybe this collaboration with France, Russia, and SpaceX will bring some investment and talent nurture within Bangladesh. Somewhere in BD, a 10 year boy or girl is watching this and dreaming of becoming a scientist. Maybe when they grow up we don't have to rely on foreign companies and can build it ourselves.

Not everything can be justified with money and priority. If we go by that list than we can't do or compete anything internationally because it will take at least 100 years just to fix our pressing domestic issues.
Old May 14, 2018, 04:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Another milestone.
Good to see BD making steady progress.

On a serious note, ei satelite diye ki amra Atn bangla dekhte parbo?
Amra ki parbo live Dr.Mahfuzur ebong Ibha Rohoman er gaan dekhtey ebong shuntey ?
Old May 14, 2018, 08:16 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
^if we go by the priority list then we won't even need to have a cricket team. why even have BPL and play foreign players so much money when the country is still that poor.

even few weeks ago India had some villages with no electricity. and finally I think a week or two ago, they brought electricity to those last villages. but that didn't stop India from being ambitious and achieving other goals.

finally, this satellite is not only for just PR reasons. There are some tanigble and monetary benefits to it.

Additionally, sometimes an emerging country needs to showcase its growth to the rest of the world. Maybe this collaboration with France, Russia, and SpaceX will bring some investment and talent nurture within Bangladesh. Somewhere in BD, a 10 year boy or girl is watching this and dreaming of becoming a scientist. Maybe when they grow up we don't have to rely on foreign companies and can build it ourselves.

Not everything can be justified with money and priority. If we go by that list than we can't do or compete anything internationally because it will take at least 100 years just to fix our pressing domestic issues.
True. I as an anti-Awami leaguer never thought they would pull this off but they did. Yes there are other priorities, yes this deal involves corruption but what they did is a huge achievement and I have to give the credit where it's due. Thank you!
Old May 14, 2018, 10:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

From Rockets, to patriotism, to cricket then BPL....Gotta love BC
Old May 14, 2018, 11:17 PM
Club Cricketer

As an outsider, I feel its a step in the right direction. That the satellite will be controlled from Bangladesh in some time from now is the other positive. Bangladesh space tech can only improve from here. Rock bottom is always a solid foundation to start with, and it is rocket science after all. Many nations which don't have the capabilities or know-how purchase tech, so to me its all fine and dandy.

Cheers
Siraj.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikh_Saheb
As an outsider, I feel its a step in the right direction. That the satellite will be controlled from Bangladesh in some time from now is the other positive. Bangladesh space tech can only improve from here. Rock bottom is always a solid foundation to start with, and it is rocket science after all. Many nations which don't have the capabilities or know-how purchase tech, so to me its all fine and dandy.

Cheers
Siraj.
At least it isnt a failure like the so called nBn
Old May 15, 2018, 12:40 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
At least it isnt a failure like the so called nBn
Absolutely mate. I have NBN.
Not one to whinge but its wonky as hell. Was advertised as a brick sh!t house if you recall and still is. Not to mention that it took two months from request to installation.

Cheers
Siraj
Old May 15, 2018, 01:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
From Rockets, to patriotism, to cricket then BPL....Gotta love BC
I guess now you are very much worried as you have to now look up at the sky regularly just to make sure Bangladesh’s satellite doesn’t fall on your head.
Old May 15, 2018, 04:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I guess now you are very much worried as you have to now look up at the sky regularly just to make sure Bangladesh’s satellite doesn’t fall on your head.
Yea, gotta wear a hat, now.
Old May 18, 2018, 07:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Great News...Congratulation !!!

Now that we have a working relationship with SpaceX and Elon Musk, just wondering what will be our next step?

- Are we in the SpaceX's waiting list for sending people to Mars? If so, who is representing Bangladesh?

- Is there any chance of opening Tesla Gigafactory in Bangladesh? If so, which city?
Old May 18, 2018, 09:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

- Are we in the SpaceX's waiting list for sending people to Mars? If so, who is representing Bangladesh?
The main on this list will be Sheikh Hasina first. And if Elder sister is going how can Rehana be deprived of such an opportunity. If both of them are going then their children and spouses will be there too.
Old May 18, 2018, 01:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
The main on this list will be Sheikh Hasina first. And if Elder sister is going how can Rehana be deprived of such an opportunity. If both of them are going then their children and spouses will be there too.
They can take Khaleda Zia and few Jamayati too and leave them in space. Problem solved! Reign for another 100 years!
Old May 18, 2018, 08:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Do they even have any plans for the satellite.
Old May 23, 2018, 08:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Do they even have any plans for the satellite.
Yes they do. Its in the news. Just Google it.

Whether its a viable plan or not or if you disagree with it or not.... tnow hat's a different question.
Old May 24, 2018, 03:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
aisob kinle to r world dekhbena..futani mara, desh koto agay gese aisob dekhabe ki kore
Actual intention holo kivabey montrira aro taka vorbey pocketey.
Our private channels will now have to compulsorily pay the govt. ( if there is no law, wait for it .. it's coming )
Govt. will say desher taka deshei thakbey. I would rather have desher private companyr taka going to bidesh than financing our corrupt govt. I bet the plan is to sell satellite space to poor countries in Africa or the likes of Bhutan and Nepal.
Old May 24, 2018, 09:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Mark Twain "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

Patriotism does not mean supporting/uniting on something your government has done. Everyone has the right to be critical of government activities.

There are many occasions we unite:

- When our cricket team wins

-I believe everyone in the country is supporting students' protests to reduce quota from 56%

When there is a worthy cause, human beings unite.

When there is a dubious cause like buying a satellite and promoting it as MOHAKASH BIJOY when there are so many issues that need to be prioritized, people don't unite. It's common sense. Shaming people to unite them by calling them unpatriotic or rajakarer bacca will never work (like the students have been called). This type of shaming only gives birth to fascism and it is no different than forcing a religion on someone.
That Mark Twain quote is brilliant and you are right. I like the way you think.
Old May 3, 2019, 12:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Few days back a friend of mine led me to an FB post claiming BangabandhuSat-1 has become useless and untrackable.

Instantly I searched the net and found that it was live and streaming well different channels.

Anybody know if it as any contribution in weather forecasting, specially typhoons such as Foni, which is currently passing through BD shores.
Old May 28, 2019, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Congrats from your neighbouring country !

now to building satellites !
Old May 28, 2019, 04:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
Congrats from your neighbouring country !

now to building satellites !
Welcome back Neel.

Now, before any other improvement and bragging, we need to be honest and trustworthy. All problems will get solved in no time.
Old May 28, 2019, 04:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Welcome back Neel.

Now, before any other improvement and bragging, we need to be honest and trustworthy. All problems will get solved in no time.
thanks TE. you know, over the years I have realized that honesty and trustworthiness is often a reflection of how scarce the childhood scenario was. Obhabe sobhab nosto, as the bangla probad goes. I think it gets better as a society gets more affuent. think of US during the same stage in its development, how corruption free or law abiding was it in 19th century ?

baby steps. I have written on this before, the best way to create expertise on this is to build nano-sats. They are easy to build technology-wise and cheap to launch.

quite a few universities in India have done so and mind you, most of these are not considered tier I institutes. https://www.isro.gov.in/spacecraft/l...ute-satellites
something like this should be eminently within the capabilities of BUET for example.

ISRO for example launches dozens of small satellites every year, Indian and foreign, for a very nominal amount. it also has a program to train partner countries in nano-sat making. https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...e-making-95235
BD is not in the first list but I hope it takes advantage of this.