facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

View Poll Results: Shut down the majority of madrassas
Yes 13 41.94%
No 18 58.06%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old April 6, 2011, 10:00 PM
Asif68 Asif68 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 18, 2011
Posts: 345

Whats the point, Our usual scumbag politicians/corrupt government workers have not studied from Madrasa but are far worse than your average Madrasa educated person.
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old April 6, 2011, 11:07 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
2019 WC Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 13,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
PoorFan, it is exactly scum like the ones mentioned in your article who I fear. It is easy to sit overseas or even in our nice apartments in Dhanmondi, Gulshan and Banani, and get offended when we perceive someone to be speaking ill of Islam...but the fact remains, the people I am questioning, do not pledge an allegiance to this country.

They are taught to hate it, what it stands for, and actively strive to change what it was founded on.

No one wants to speak up about it, because it is such a sensitive topic, kichu bolle, straightaway the response is, why are you attacking Islam? Yet the madrassas day by day grow stronger and less and less regulated. Money coming from the true enemy of Islam(Saudi Arabia) buys influence and silence.

No political party will touch this issue in a real way, because our electorate is not ready to discuss this issue maturely(mind you, maturity and our electorate are like water and oil...), and will turn on whoever urges reform.

EDIT: People voting no, I'd like to hear why. It is not a case of me seeking justification, but I would like to hear your rationale.
sums up my fears exactly... if people were happy practising their faith in their own private lives there would not be any problem. What makes me uncomfortable is the "gang" dynamics and the whole notion that State laws and regulations are all "faltu" and there is a need to establish a "New World Order"....

Personally I think regulating madrassas is a better option than shutting them down entirely. The shutting down option should be exercised only if the Government absolutely fail: to monitor the funding, reform curriculum, integrate madrassa students into mainstream society/workforce. The reform process would probably be slow but if it is properly planned and implemented, i believe it could work. The key is to broaden the vision of these students... educate them about different cultures, religion, science, history etc. Milk the Saudies to provide funding for field trips to other developed countries to meet/interact with students. Make them think beyond the traditional "Akhirat/Behest" they are programmed to do.

I think thats the approach we should take because what we do not want is to make the situation worse than it already is. The government still has control over these madrassas... shutting them down or banning them would create a highly negative sentiment amongst the rural population and make some elements become rogue and go underground... and that would create a whole new threat to our current society
__________________
Caught Somewhere in Time
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old April 7, 2011, 01:25 AM
F6_Turbo F6_Turbo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 19, 2011
Location: A hospital near you
Favorite Player: Brian Lara
Posts: 2,552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
sums up my fears exactly... if people were happy practising their faith in their own private lives there would not be any problem. What makes me uncomfortable is the "gang" dynamics and the whole notion that State laws and regulations are all "faltu" and there is a need to establish a "New World Order"....

Personally I think regulating madrassas is a better option than shutting them down entirely. The shutting down option should be exercised only if the Government absolutely fail: to monitor the funding, reform curriculum, integrate madrassa students into mainstream society/workforce. The reform process would probably be slow but if it is properly planned and implemented, i believe it could work. The key is to broaden the vision of these students... educate them about different cultures, religion, science, history etc. Milk the Saudies to provide funding for field trips to other developed countries to meet/interact with students. Make them think beyond the traditional "Akhirat/Behest" they are programmed to do.

I think thats the approach we should take because what we do not want is to make the situation worse than it already is. The government still has control over these madrassas... shutting them down or banning them would create a highly negative sentiment amongst the rural population and make some elements become rogue and go underground... and that would create a whole new threat to our current society
Fair enough...shutting them down, does sound a bit like throwing out the baby with the bathwater, but I really am concerned about how blase everyone is about the whole thing. We've had a number of people in this very thread comment that look at how bad non-madrassa people/politicians are.

Are people being deliberately obtuse? Do they not see what has happened in Pakistan, where the clergy and their minions weren't brought under the thumb instead used to fulfill short term political agendas, and now run amok.

When minorities get killed, lynched, women flogged to death via fatwas on a weekly basis, mosques bombed during friday prayers, will we still be so sarky with our comments?

We have a reputation around the world for being poor, but a relatively moderate muslim country that is heading in the right direction, I don't want that to change to

'The Next Pakistan'
'Bangladesh - a ticking bomb'

Power, roads, governance, healthcare, living standards will all improve with time, as they have done. But all that progress can be very swiftly undone if the mullahs remain unchecked and decide to not play nice.

I would rather we were pro-active and got them to toe the line before they become completely untouchable(some might say it is already too late for that).
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old April 7, 2011, 02:59 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor

Personally I think regulating madrassas is a better option than shutting them down entirely. The shutting down option should be exercised only if the Government absolutely fail: to monitor the funding, reform curriculum, integrate madrassa students into mainstream society/workforce. The reform process would probably be slow but if it is properly planned and implemented, i believe it could work. The key is to broaden the vision of these students... educate them about different cultures, religion, science, history etc. Milk the Saudies to provide funding for field trips to other developed countries to meet/interact with students. Make them think beyond the traditional "Akhirat/Behest" they are programmed to do.

I think thats the approach we should take because what we do not want is to make the situation worse than it already is. The government still has control over these madrassas... shutting them down or banning them would create a highly negative sentiment amongst the rural population and make some elements become rogue and go underground... and that would create a whole new threat to our current society
Top Post Jadukor bhai: a few opinions of mine:

*) being "akhirah/behesht minded" does not mean necessarily imply seclusion from society. Islam didn't spread just by Prophet (SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam) meditating in a cave all day and night. He was very much active with his people. He was a businessman, familyman, friend, teacher, military strategist, peacemaker, tactical negotiator who combined best of both worlds(spiritual world + current situation)


**)
in a translation of the Quran Allah does tell us to "make us successful both in this life and the hereafter" (chapter2: verse 198)this does not necessarily exclude this life nor does it exclude the afterlife in other extremes.


***) to be someone who preaches Islam, you have to practice what you preach. it is not difficult, but requires sacrifice from your own personal self! Allah is always watching me before i type www......

the modern day situation is quite different. back in those times, You were being persecuted/beaten to death quite literally just for saying "Allahu Akbar". these days, in Bangladesh and pretty much almost anywhere in the world you can offer prayers in the open public space and nobody would really cause any trouble to you. Today, Islam is widely accepted as a way of life. at least, it is widely recognized as an established faith. Therefore, jihad today is far different from jihad back then because Muslims/Islam is not facing extinction/ we are not under survival threat.

Rather, the modern jihad is mapping an understanding of Islam into real life situations.
it is that understanding that Allah indeed has control over all affairs, Islam indeed has solutions for societies and personal problems. It is our struggle to translate Islam from people who knows to people who don't! in order to effectively convey the message, we need to be patient. We need to understand how things really work in modern life and why it came this way. Why the muslim ummah lost khilafah/pre-decessor two-hundred years ago. we need to understand our history. we need to understand our past. we need to understand what mistakes did the muslims made and how we lost after we have gained. and why are we being subjugated in many matters today, where at one time in history, the word "Muslim" in media meant Respect, today it means(in some cases) the total opposite. Jihad today is making that attempt to understand the big picture, the truth; If the madrasas in fact are truly acting in accordance with Allah's command and truly for the pleasure of Allah, then Allah will protect his deen/his religion! Allah will protect his people, Allah will expand their hearts. Allah will make them prosperous. Allah will make them realize.


muslims worldwide can be united into one entity if we recognize despite our differences, our goal is one: Please Allah!

Allah is well aware whether we hide something in our hearts or whether we say it even before it is uttered!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old April 7, 2011, 04:26 AM
Baundule's Avatar
Baundule Baundule is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 5, 2004
Favorite Player: Lara
Posts: 5,902

I was one with the opinion that Madrasahs should not be shut down; but regulated. Clearly, the regulation option is not practical. Kaomi Madrasahs are a big business source for many people. They do not like to be regulated by Government rules.

For learning Islam, you do not need a Madrasah, at least not in the level that we have at the moment. I was surprised by the garbage they teach in the name of Islam. Islam is a simple and straight-forward way of guiding human life. The Quran alone is enough and self-sufficient for that purpose. There is no harm in studying Hadith either as a history about the life of Muhammad and his time. But in the Madrasah syllabus, they teach huge Kitabs containing just Fatwas. These fatwas are the main reason why Madrasah students are often brain-washed.

Students are usually not allowed to 'think'. They have to accept whatever the Hujur says. I do not see any reason why we need to continue with such education.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old April 7, 2011, 10:26 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 34,835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
muslims worldwide can be united into one entity if we recognize despite our differences, our goal is one: Please Allah!
And what makes you say that? I feel like converting to Islam just to prove you wrong. Because after all that statement is nothing more than YOUR interpretation. Al-Quran has been revealed in parts and no where is there a conclusion from axioms so to speak that our purpose should be to "Please Allah". If I were God, I'd be very much offended with that for tarnishing my own image.

And let's give you the gambit and benefit of the doubt that what you say is indeed 'true' then I'd rather stay a kufr rather than bow down to a Creator who likes to be praised with adulation and afflatus all the time.

Either you proved that that God is a being who likes to gloat on praises or you must come to agreement what you posted is YOUR subjective interpretation.
__________________
"Cursed be the ground, for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth, for us, for out of the ground we were taken for the dust that we are... and to the dust we shall return."
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old April 7, 2011, 10:40 PM
magic boy magic boy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 8, 2009
Posts: 3,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
And let's give your the gambit and benefit of the doubt that what you say is indeed 'true' then I'd rather stay a kufr rather than bow down to a Creator who likes to be praised with adulation and afflatus all the time.
what makes you think only the act of bowing down to Allah please Him?

In Islam its not only 5 time praying per day but lots of other duties that deals with society,finance,personality...in one word total Life.Its not just to bow down to the Creator. Allah wont be pleased if a so called pious Muslim takes bribe despite of his 5 time prayer( or as you may say bow down!). Allah never suggested to praise him blindly. He shows us many other ways to please Him which are very normal to do in our practical Life

Islam is so huge & deep that you wont be able to generalize it in just one word.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old April 7, 2011, 10:47 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 34,835

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic boy
what makes you think only the act of bowing down to Allah please Him?

In Islam its not only 5 time praying per day but lots of other duties that deals with society,finance,personality...in one word total Life.Its not just to bow down to the Creator. Allah wont be pleased if a so called pious Muslim takes bribe despite of his 5 time prayer( or as you may say bow down!). Allah never suggested to praise him blindly. He shows us many other ways to please Him which are very normal to do in our practical Life

Islam is so huge & deep that you wont be able to generalize it in just one word.
I didn't.
__________________
"Cursed be the ground, for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth, for us, for out of the ground we were taken for the dust that we are... and to the dust we shall return."
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old April 7, 2011, 11:06 PM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla
Posts: 3,717

hmm... now I know where to send my monthly donations--

Option A: Islamic Bank, Branch: Hathajari, Checking acct no. 50

Option B: Sonali Bank, Branch: Hathajari, Checking acct no. 31
__________________
Few things inspire us to soar quite like being really f***ed if we don't
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old April 8, 2011, 02:27 AM
Isnaad's Avatar
Isnaad Isnaad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 18, 2008
Location: 23.71 N, 90.40 E
Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla
Posts: 5,187

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
And what makes you say that? I feel like converting to Islam just to prove you wrong. Because after all that statement is nothing more than YOUR interpretation. Al-Quran has been revealed in parts and no where is there a conclusion from axioms so to speak that our purpose should be to "Please Allah". If I were God, I'd be very much offended with that for tarnishing my own image.

And let's give you the gambit and benefit of the doubt that what you say is indeed 'true' then I'd rather stay a kufr rather than bow down to a Creator who likes to be praised with adulation and afflatus all the time.

Either you proved that that God is a being who likes to gloat on praises or you must come to agreement what you posted is YOUR subjective interpretation.
It seems you ve studied the Holy Quran to some extent but are not satisfied that it is the Holy book of Allah. Correct me if I am wrong but you need to realize that kufr and its consequences are far worse than whatever one can think of....Peace

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket