facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 26, 2011, 11:57 AM
paindu paindu is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 4, 2011
Posts: 134
Default Imran demands apology from Pakistan to Bangladesh

"ISLAMABAD: Ex-Pakistani cricket star Imran Khan has demanded an official apology from the Government of Pakistan to the people of Bangladesh for the atrocities allegedly committed by the Pakistan Army in 1971.

Imran Khan stunned everyone during a live television show hosted by Hamid Mir on Geo News and Geo Super TV channels on Wednesday afternoon just a few moments before the start of a cricket match between Pakistan and West Indies in Mirpur, Bangladesh.

Hamid Mir invited Imran Khan in his live TV show on March 23, which was Pakistan Day. He asked a question to Imran Khan about the expected behaviour of Bangladeshi crowd in Mirpur. Imran Khan said that Bangladeshis will support the Pakistani cricket team.

Hamid Mir informed Imran Khan that today (March 23) is Pakistan Day and Bangladeshis will support Pakistani cricket team “Don’t you think that the time has come that the Pakistani government must apologise to the people of Bangladesh for Army operation in 1971”? Imran Khan immediately agreed with Hamid Mir and said that previously he was also of the opinion that Army operation was a good thing because there was no independent media in Pakistan in 1971. Imran Khan said that when he went to England in 1971, his Bengali friends told him the reality of the Army operation. Imran Khan said that he experienced the love and affection of Bangladeshis during an exhibition match in Mirpur in 1989.

He said that the Army operations always created hatred in Pakistan and we must apologise to Bangladeshis. Responding another question, Imran Khan said “we must learn lessons from our past mistakes and we should not repeat these mistakes in Balochistan and tribal areas where we have started Army operations on the US pressure”. Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan is the first ever Pakistani dignitary who has demanded an apology from Pakistan to Bangladesh on a live TV show in Pakistan."

Wonder what Bangladeshis think of this.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old March 26, 2011, 12:07 PM
Nafi's Avatar
Nafi Nafi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 23, 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Posts: 6,185

About time..
__________________
BD_Shardul: ''I myself will not go through the troubles of dating. I will offer a prayer that will let me know if my would be bride is compatible with me through a dream''
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 26, 2011, 12:53 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,213

they just say...saying doesn't cut it..do a official apology
__________________
kumbaya
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 26, 2011, 01:13 PM
Nafi's Avatar
Nafi Nafi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 23, 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Posts: 6,185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
they just say...saying doesn't cut it..do a official apology
Of the same sentiments, an official apology would only suffice.
__________________
BD_Shardul: ''I myself will not go through the troubles of dating. I will offer a prayer that will let me know if my would be bride is compatible with me through a dream''
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 26, 2011, 03:56 PM
Purbasha T's Avatar
Purbasha T Purbasha T is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 26, 2008
Location: London
Favorite Player: Saudi Capital
Posts: 7,184

Good on him but....*as the rest said*
__________________
Man is here.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 26, 2011, 07:25 PM
AhmedN AhmedN is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 26, 2011
Posts: 310

Good to hear..but will it happen? Or it has a political agenda.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 26, 2011, 07:53 PM
Rubu's Avatar
Rubu Rubu is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 15, 2004
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Posts: 8,361

You know what they say, better late than never.
__________________
সন্মানজনক পরাজয়ের চিন্তাটাই অসন্মানজনক
- The days of playing for honorable defeat is over.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 26, 2011, 09:44 PM
paindu paindu is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 4, 2011
Posts: 134

Strangely though most Pakistanis are unwilling to accept that it ever happened. Why just apology ? Shouldn't the war criminals be brought to justice ?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 26, 2011, 09:49 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by paindu
Strangely though most Pakistanis are unwilling to accept that it ever happened. Why just apology ? Shouldn't the war criminals be brought to justice ?
we couldn't brought our war criminals to justice..no point asking them..
__________________
kumbaya
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 27, 2011, 06:33 AM
Abirz's Avatar
Abirz Abirz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 11, 2008
Location: 'Straya
Favorite Player: Baz
Posts: 3,021

__________________
U wot m8?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old March 27, 2011, 11:37 AM
paindu paindu is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 4, 2011
Posts: 134

So, do you guys think that Indians should have intervened in this matter. Indians believe that they prevented a larger genocide while Pakistanis believe we broke their country while Bangladeshis are not very affable towards India. Seems like a lose lose for India.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old March 27, 2011, 08:59 PM
PoorFan PoorFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 15, 2004
Location: Tokyo <---> Dhaka
Posts: 14,847

Quote:
Originally Posted by paindu
So, do you guys think that Indians should have intervened in this matter. Indians believe that they prevented a larger genocide while Pakistanis believe we broke their country while Bangladeshis are not very affable towards India. Seems like a lose lose for India.
Dont get your point here. Why India should intervene which is clearly a case of bilateral settlement, the independence war was between Bangladesh and Pakistan, India assisted the war in request of Bangladesh revolutionary govt. Bdeshis are not very affable towards India has other reasons.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old March 28, 2011, 12:45 AM
paindu paindu is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 4, 2011
Posts: 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Dont get your point here. Why India should intervene which is clearly a case of bilateral settlement, the independence war was between Bangladesh and Pakistan, India assisted the war in request of Bangladesh revolutionary govt. Bdeshis are not very affable towards India has other reasons.
I am not sure about the assistance part. There was a full fledged war between Ind and Pak. and Pak. army surrended to the Indian army. A google search and video of surrender agreement will provide you all the details with pictures.

As for the bolded portion, maybe Bangladesh's support for Pakistan also has "other reasons" which is what interested me.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old March 28, 2011, 03:36 AM
PoorFan PoorFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 15, 2004
Location: Tokyo <---> Dhaka
Posts: 14,847

Quote:
Originally Posted by paindu
I am not sure about the assistance part. There was a full fledged war between Ind and Pak. and Pak. army surrended to the Indian army. A google search and video of surrender agreement will provide you all the details with pictures.

As for the bolded portion, maybe Bangladesh's support for Pakistan also has "other reasons" which is what interested me.
There was full fledged war in Bangladesh between Bangladesh and Pak since March 71, Indian army came in November/December that year[just before the end of the war]. Pak army surrended to coalition army, General Osmani, commander of Bangladesh army [muktibahini] was supposed to present there but couldnt make it since he was commanding somewhere in northern sector, and due to lack of air transportation. And some other person represented General Osmani at the time of surrender. Google on history of Bangladesh independence if you need, one black & white video for few minutes does not says a lot.

And interestingly, those underlined part of your comment is a common claim of Jamati people, they obviously has 'other reasons' both for love and hate towards Pak and India [in many cases]. Though in sports or in social life, support towards Pak or India shouldnt be matter at all IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old April 5, 2011, 09:00 AM
syedmahm's Avatar
syedmahm syedmahm is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 31, 2004
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
There was full fledged war in Bangladesh between Bangladesh and Pak since March 71, Indian army came in November/December that year[just before the end of the war]. Pak army surrended to coalition army, General Osmani, commander of Bangladesh army [muktibahini] was supposed to present there but couldnt make it since he was commanding somewhere in northern sector, and due to lack of air transportation. And some other person represented General Osmani at the time of surrender. Google on history of Bangladesh independence if you need, one black & white video for few minutes does not says a lot.

And interestingly, those underlined part of your comment is a common claim of Jamati people, they obviously has 'other reasons' both for love and hate towards Pak and India [in many cases]. Though in sports or in social life, support towards Pak or India shouldnt be matter at all IMO.
Couldn't say it better myself.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old April 6, 2011, 10:02 PM
Asif68 Asif68 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 18, 2011
Posts: 345

Pretty much everyone who was behind this is dead so what's the use of talking about it now, I know people of Pakistan right now are not happy about what their grandparents/parents did but they can't do anything about it since their current government doesn't want to apologize. Good job by Imran khan for wanting them to apologize, he would be a good leader for Pakistan instead of the idiot Zardari
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket