facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old May 14, 2007, 10:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

dhuru faltu thread...

Hitler bhai, delete this thread...

Old May 15, 2007, 02:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Good to see all the heavy ton guys are in one thread.......all the posts here are logical and reasonable......which is hardly seen these days. I think there should be some restrictions. I don't like the idea of sending the topic to the mod. In tha case you need to have full time mod for sure. But i guess, one should have 100+ posts to be eligible to open a thread. It takes some time to understand the environtment here and a century should be enough. thanks.
Old May 15, 2007, 02:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I think we need to attach a poll with this thread now, i should have done this initially. Mods, is there any way to do it now?
Old May 15, 2007, 05:18 AM

Some people may thrive on one-liners, others on match thread posts. Esp after the World Cup started we've seen a good increase of members even reaching First Class Cricketer status, but I certainly cant generalise that all their posts are (or are not) good quality. Essentially BanglaCricket cant be expected to be a free-for-all forum, there must be some quality control mechanism extra of the existing board rules in regulating threads.

Since we're talking about number of posts as the qualifier, I'm assuming entirely that it wont be dependent on "Club Cricketer" or "One day cricketer status" but a certain number of posts. I somehow am not convinced that just 50 or 100 posts might be enough for quality attaining objectives. Setting a minimum number of even 100 or 200 could hypothetically encourage some posters to post separately and get their post count up and thus "qualify" as thread starting members.

I really do second the motion that there has to be a thread review system by the mods for threads that new members want to start. So, Just throwing open the thought that Mods could perhaps delegate this responsibility to Banglacricket Staff members... and most staff are tenured "Test Cricketers" here anyway. No offense guys, but I for one dont exactly know what "staff" do, so maybe this'd be ideal.
Old May 15, 2007, 05:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Why don't you volunteer to generate the stats?
I would love to but I don't know how to generate this sort of stats?
Old May 15, 2007, 08:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Just create a blacklist of a person creates 2 faltu thread then the person is on the blacklist which means they woul be temporally banned, obviously if they try toc ome with a new alias there IP's would match
Old May 17, 2007, 12:45 AM
Cricket Legend

You cant stop waterflow,it will flow one way or another,impose too much bans and the members will divert,much like the WC crowd.So I believe the present status is the best,and mods are always there to delete a thread if necessary(I have to admit,some even love to delete when it is not necessary)

And the Controlist one's,you sound too much like Bush
Old May 17, 2007, 03:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
And the Controlist one's,you sound too much like Bush
Bhai ei kotha bolar cheye ektu juta dia bari mere jaan.
Old May 17, 2007, 05:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

the simple truth is: freedom protects us all in a subjective universe, where it's a matter of time before we're the target if that freedom is subject to the tyranny of unilateral power... besides, i think there's ample storage in cyberspace. so let's just choose not to deal with something we don't like, rather than try to silence it... just a thought.

i say live and let live... and let God judge when it's time.
Old May 19, 2007, 04:03 PM

Alright, enough is enough. Seeing 7 of coolguy121's 7 threads on his sign up day, reinforces the need for a policy to keep these newbies at check. One of the threads has been rather nicely dimissed outright by IanW, another just exposes his shallow understanding of BD cricket, and so on.

Can we please take a firm stand on some sort of policy?

2ndly.. I understand there are some new members now, but their repetitive postings of just
Quote:
lolz
is at times seemingly a violation of forum rules (ie. one liners... without substance). I sincerely hope this doesnt get out of hand. It does bring down the quality of threads.
Old May 20, 2007, 06:36 AM
Banned

A balance needs to be struck.

For example people should be allowed to say what they want or open threads but only if it is not offensive or just "wrong", e.g. a thread which someone started about what Habibul Bashar would do after he retires including speculation about him being a farmer etc, which was just an excuse to engage in Bashar bashing (lol..has a ring to it...Bashar bashing) and personal ridicule on him. Anyway the right thing was eventually done and this pointless topic was deleted.
Old May 29, 2007, 03:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Watching a lot of controversial posts last couple of days, I think we need to give a second thought about open threads.

Mods, is it still possbile to attach a poll with this thread? If yes, then please do it.
Old May 29, 2007, 05:17 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

Yes I have seen this being implemented in other threads..... like no one with posts below 100 can open threads... I think this will really help the cause a lot
Old May 30, 2007, 04:57 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

What we could do is

Newbies CAN NOT open more than 2 threads per day until they reach 50 posts.

This can be secretly implemented and not documented in the Board rules.... otherwise, it defeats the purpose.
Old May 30, 2007, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganguly da
Yes I have seen this being implemented in other threads..... like no one with posts below 100 can open threads... I think this will really help the cause a lot
This may be self-defeating. Instead of a few (or perhaps more than a few) "useless" threads, the perpetrators will now be compelled to swamp existing threads with "me too", "one liner quotes" and other such annoying artifice to increase their post-counts. Imagine the burden on our moderators then!

The best thing to do is to ignore these threads. There really no need for some one and his/her 50 other friends to post "stupid thread" and what not. This keeps the so called stupid thread alive with even more stupid posts and ad nauseum ad infinitum.

If y'all let it go or use the report button, the moderators can take appropriate action without things getting too far out of hand.

Patience is often a virtue. Ask our cricketers
Old July 10, 2007, 03:52 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Mods: What are the options for members if someone thinks that a NEW thread is utterly redundant and needs to merged with a current OLD thread? Plz advice.
Old July 10, 2007, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Mods: What are the options for members if someone thinks that a NEW thread is utterly redundant and needs to merged with a current OLD thread? Plz advice.
You can either report it or pm a mod of your choice.

-mod.info
Old July 10, 2007, 04:19 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
You can either report it or pm a mod of your choice.

-mod.info
Thanks.
Old July 10, 2007, 08:50 PM
Banned

I think after certain no. of posts, members should get the option to delete their own msgs....any comments?
Old July 10, 2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganguly da
I think after certain no. of posts, members should get the option to delete their own msgs....any comments?
You can already do that when you "Edit Post" and go Advanced. Afaik, there's an option given there that says "Delete Message"
Old July 11, 2007, 07:43 PM
Banned

what about adding a poll later on while editing?
Old August 26, 2007, 03:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

personally, i find two liners about an ongoing match situation to be the most annoying. what is the point of posting to state that a team is 1-0 and then again, what a fantastic freekick, followed by, oh nom, it is 1-1 now! why not wait till the end of the match and post one final analysis?
Old August 26, 2007, 04:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
-mod.info
hoinai tou-
eta hobe- www.bc-mod.info