facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 25, 2016, 08:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
anyone tried the VR headsets like PS4VR, Oculus, Vive etc?
i have the VR headset for Samsung galaxy edge and i have to say the conjuring 2 VR was really cool and so was Suicide Squad game
Once I get a job I plan on getting the VR for the PS4, I haven't got to try out any VR headsets yet

Old November 25, 2016, 11:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
anyone tried the VR headsets like PS4VR, Oculus, Vive etc?
i have the VR headset for Samsung galaxy edge and i have to say the conjuring 2 VR was really cool and so was Suicide Squad game
Interestingly tried a Virtual Reality headset today. I was like it's gonna be like Matrix or some s*** where I will be stuck in simulation forever and would need a Luddu totem to get out or something.

Anyways, it was a cell phone that gets implanted in the VR set and you can choose which simulation to play. A first person shooting game, roller-coaster, outer space.. problem is the program is too small and not much effort has been given in any storyline.

I once tried Oculus in Best Buy once; that was truly amazing. Got mild headaches after wearing the VR today.

But it is funny you see someone wearing it and feeling themselves or bending down...if it wasn't for the headset you'd think they are on drugs or something.

But it really did drive home the point, our own real life could be indeed a simulation.

My books My video
Old December 7, 2016, 08:00 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Era, 2009-2011: (over 950 members)

revolver
Equinox
Ashraf-FTP
godzilla
M.H.Rubel
aklemalp*
Tiger Manc
Rinathq
Dilscoop
Awla
22Yards
iDumb
Night_wolf
WorldCup11
Jadukor
Banglaguy
Navo
NoName
Maysun
mufi_02
Hawk-Eye
oronnya

These are only the known/active members or members with an at least 5k post. There are a bunch more in the 2-3k zones that I left out. Left out other "popular" names like, shakibrulz, zimfan, Neel_Here, magic boy, dolcevita, Tiger-ess, zinatf etc for not enough activity.)

Class of 12-16: (ONLY 323 members)

brockley**
BengaliPagol
Max100
Kohli_Sox
Roey Haque
BD_TigerZ
koushik
MHRAM
horizon
Rana Melb
Tausif
Donal C
Cricket4All
Mas_UK25
Austin 3:!6

No cutoff post, just activity. This era was looking sad so combined two eras. We will even give up Aklemalp since he was more active now then back then, it still looks sad! It's all on you 2017.

Would love to know how many banned members between 09-11 vs 12-16 and their quality. Someone name them.

Of course, my era preceded a great era that included some big players like, simon, bujhee kom, Ajfar, Zeeshan, Purbasha T, al-Sagar, Gowza, Eshen etc. And we made sure to keep it going but the next era dropped the ball. I think that's our era's fault, we didn't do enough... Somewhere down the line, we became a bit trolly. The big boys didn't like the new age the Interweb users. Those "big bros" before us and the "OG's/dadas" pushed us to be better by roaming around threads to threads, section to section with 50k post count and self-entitlement titles under user names. We looked up to them, feared them. It was tough getting into this forum. Anyone with less than 10K post got scrutinized for the littlest thing. (It felt so good when my Rookie-Hazing period ended when Roey joined with his rap! It felt to give him all the ****!). People got banned left and right. Now the drought.
Old December 7, 2016, 08:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Dilscoop how could you include me and not brockley haha
Old December 7, 2016, 08:11 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ His thing didn't show up on the member list or I must've missed him! Added. Anyone else?

Still my era of "foreigners" vs this.

Gowza, aklemalp, Neel, shakibrulz (and few other semi-active Indian members), Zimfan vs Horizon, Don, Brock and bunch of troll ***!

Sad to put you three in that list lol.

EDIT!

Nope. brockley joined in 07. That's WHY! But fine. I'll add him to this era. You guys need all the help you can get!
Old December 7, 2016, 09:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

We should organize a fantasy series where foreigners play the best of Banglacricket's Bangladeshis.

Brockley, Donal C, Windesfan, Horizon, Zimfan, Austin, IanW, Pont(if he decides to come back),..plus a few more who I can't remember atm.

This will be fun./
Old December 7, 2016, 09:43 PM
Cricket Savant

I belong in this era...I don't know who aklemalp is...and what does aklemalp even means???

New members these days are lurkers with an average of 250 days lurked. They are very educated on the forum rules and such.

I happened to joined this forum without knowing how the brass tacks of it. I joined on the the pretext of sharing some love and enjoyment of Bangladesh cricket with other like minded people. I know nothing else.

If you don't believe, my first post on this forum was a ...nothing in addition to it.

It was not long after that I received my first warning...looking back in retrospect, that warning may have been the reason of my exile from this forum during 2010~2013/14

The senior members were like actually and literally, sages and gurus and legends.

I was scared.

*And I didn't understand 75% of the things they were typing in bangla. hehe
Old December 7, 2016, 10:18 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ lol no one understood what they were saying, not even them. They all had their little inside jokes and super secret nicknames for every single player in Bangladesh. It was like secret handshakes. And there were at least 10 female members and 10 outsiders on regular basis. Now that the "OG's" left all while kicking out "outsiders" now there aren't many new or mid-level member base to cover for their void as they were outed.

I'd say I was only cool with T_E, Z and Ajfar. ATMR got on the Dil-boat later on. Everyone was a Dil hater.
Old December 7, 2016, 10:18 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
my first post on this forum was a ...nothing in addition to it.

It was not long after that I received my first warning...looking back in retrospect, that warning may have been the reason of my exile from this forum during 2010~2013/14
LMAO!
Thank you for making my case. Truly appreciate the honesty! It can be very discouraging and literally down right scary to be around the forum as a new member. But they won't admit or address it.

Go easy! Be more inviting. Shouldn't be so hard, it's in the Bangladeshi moto/rokto.

Give them the Austin 316 treatment. IDK HOW that guy survived for this long. OLD BC would've chewed him and banned him in a min!
Old December 7, 2016, 11:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Just my 2 cents, having been on other forums when I was on other forums i wrote several ridiculous comments as a new member, things which violated the forum rule whilst at the same time I just left alone with an infraction. There were several infractions but they didn't want to ban me because they wanted more members.

An interactive forum is what everyone looks forward to. I don't want to put the blame on mods, their job is difficult and they aren't "paid" to do any of the work here. But I urge the respected mods and administrators of this forum to be a bit more warm around everyone else. Unless someone is trolling or has posts filled with vulgar, one needs to somehow accept them and hope they come good. No denying that any ridiculous activity should definitely have warning from the mods or even a ban for a couple of days(or weeks).

As a Bangladeshi cricket fan, I love to discuss about Bangladesh cricket. I am usually extremely busy but for the last 2 months i have been able to take time out to follow BPL and the series against Afg and England. I love discussing cricket with the members here.

But this BPL I was utterly shocked to see BC turning into an absolute graveyard. I wanted to talk about what was going on, the drops, the howlers, the effort by the outfielders, the big sixes, the superb innings, the brilliant delivery/spell, the rivalry, criticism or praise for some teams, rivalry. But there was hardly any of that in BC.

Not only is BC quite empty, the emptyness itself pushes away existing members which creates an endless loop where the forum gets only deserted.

Also, as BDeshi members of BC, I feel that we should have been personally warmer to the posters from different countries. I know we have tried to open, but there was a certain negativity associated in the entire situation. Personally, I am at fault here as well.

LET'S MAKE BANGLACRICKET GREAT AGAIN
Old December 8, 2016, 12:21 AM
Cricket Legend

I am not aware of the bannings or the shortage of activity,maybe I see other forums who are struggling with the same issues,and don't notice it.
I admit sometime sail t close to the wind,despite being quiet conservative in my views.Hey that's part of life,the forum should reflect all views and different parts of life,heck ppl here are located from places from all over the world.
As to me I will continue along the way,and try to self edit when I can,contribute when I can and stay away from any large barnies.
Old December 8, 2016, 12:56 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Dude, that's not why. This is probably the most conservative sports forum out there. So I highly doubt anyone has any issue with your views. BC is likely to ban ppl for comments like,

BANGLADE SH

Ashrafl (back in 2005, when he was the king)

Or my fav, life ban for getting into heated arguments about dumb ****
Old December 8, 2016, 11:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop

BANGLADE SH
Nice!
You left out my name though. I know I know I wasn't important enough for the list.
---

I always felt that instead of life ban, members may receive long-term ban (i.e. 6, 9, 12 months). Life ban can be exercised for a few special members only. I can easily name one for that special case.
Old December 8, 2016, 06:37 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Who hijacked the awesome topic I started?!?

Aklemalp!
Old December 8, 2016, 06:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Who hijacked the awesome topic I started?!?

Aklemalp!

I did no wrong.
Old December 8, 2016, 07:26 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'm reporting Aklemalp for using outsider emoji's.
Old December 8, 2016, 07:27 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by icricket
Nice!
You left out my name though. I know I know I wasn't important enough for the list.
WHO the hell are you bro! get outta here with that 40 post count rook!

(I'm joking. You're very important, now more than ever, 5 post or 500. Hope to see you around when you hit 1k then 10k =D)
Old December 8, 2016, 07:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I'm reporting Aklemalp for using outsider emoji's.
It will have no significance...the site is hopefully gonna get a new makeup...

Let's do this guys.
Old December 8, 2016, 10:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Conservative,Dil half,three quarters of the posters went for Clinton,remembering Clinton believed in late term abortions.
Me I am on the right wing of the labor party and I am against abortion,gay marriage and euthanasia,we could do with a new leader in the labor party.
Old December 9, 2016, 03:42 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

@Brock, you missed the part where I said, BC wouldn't ban for your beliefs. It doesn't matter what you're or what majority of the BC is. You're likely to get banned for misusing emojis, not for being a righty lol
Old December 9, 2016, 06:23 AM
Banned

Wow, BC is so empty nowadays, I have returned after my 1 year hiatus, have been mainly using, pakpassion, but wow, theirs more Bengali`s in Pakpassion then in Banglacricket, what have you guys been doing
Old December 9, 2016, 08:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyst
Wow, BC is so empty nowadays, I have returned after my 1 year hiatus, have been mainly using, pakpassion, but wow, theirs more Bengali`s in Pakpassion then in Banglacricket, what have you guys been doing
We have been busy mourning the bans on members and urging the higher ups to be more lenient.
Old December 9, 2016, 10:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
We have been busy mourning the bans on members and urging the higher ups to be more lenient.
Some typics are old minded u know that mann shommann obsession and hence too conservative.

Seriously...todays age a little banter, heated up discussion isn't a big crime. Jheez.
Whats crime and bad is if anyone using bad words, being direct racial or abusive.

Sometimes you gotta let it be. There's a thing called hard talk, reasoning within the decent manner but hard. That doesnt mean trolling. If everything is trolling what is the rightway oxford online forum ways?????
Old December 9, 2016, 11:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Thats exactly the kind of talk that will get you banned here :P
Old December 9, 2016, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Thats exactly the kind of talk that will get you banned here :P
Your not wrong.
Sometimes it can feel
Like North Korea here. Can't express your views against the high ups.