facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 11, 2005, 11:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Thoughts about Tushar Imran

I heard about this guy first when Bangladesh A went on a tour to India. Tushar Imran became the first and only Banlgadeshi player to score 200. He was later selected for a handful of one day and test matches. He did well in the first few one dayers, but since then never really carried on. But off late he seems to have found back his old self. He has been scoring heavily in recent matches. Yesterdays century for City Club against Abahani is an example. I think Tushar is a fantastic one day player. He rotates the strike, hits the odd boundaries and clears the rope when the situation arises. I remember commentators praising his excellent strike ratein ODI's. It may be a bold statement but i feel Tushar is one of the better one day players in our country. He has done well so far this season and should be selected for the upcoming ODI matches against Zimbabwe. Whether he will be selected, time will tell.

Old January 11, 2005, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Tusher has an excellent 3rd, 4th and 5th gear but he doesn't have 1st and 2nd gear and no break.

Cross bat.

There is little room for change. Also, he is 2nd in his group (behind Rokon) to make the ODI. After he proves himself there ...
Old January 11, 2005, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

He got only 3 chances for test, much less compared to the chances Rokon got.
Old January 11, 2005, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

please provide your source about 200 runs scored by Tushar. To my knowledge it was Biddut who scored double century.
Old January 11, 2005, 12:40 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default double century: bidyuth/tushar imran

to clarify that fact: It was Tushar Imran who scored that double century as a player of bangladesh A. They were playing in India. It was 2001-2..if one remembers, Khaled Mahmud was the captain, and he, quite mindlessly overused Mashrafi in that tour.. which had a bearing later on..

Bidhyut's double century was in pakistan, probably against abetter attack.. again that was Bangladesh A.

Tushar Imran still has one of the best strike rate among the bangladeshis in one dayers. He remains one of the few players who can accelerate..
Old January 11, 2005, 02:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

tushar needs to adjust himself on the international platform regularly ..even if that means going with the A team abroad for tour matches there....if he can sustain himself then the pressure is off him should he play in the one dayers...but he has immense potential and talent no doubt.
Old January 12, 2005, 11:09 AM
Cricket Legend

His fielding is probably not in the same level as Aftab or Al Shahriar. Could be a major problem in our hopes of him becoming a regular ODI player.
Old January 12, 2005, 11:25 AM
Club Cricketer

man!! just got one ton after a long break. let him play for some time. let him get back more confidence by playing domestic cricket.
if he keeps performing onbody can keep him out of team.

yeah. on-form, he is a good run scorer and very brave in shot selection.
Old January 12, 2005, 11:43 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Tusher has an excellent 3rd, 4th and 5th gear but he doesn't have 1st and 2nd gear and no break.

Cross bat.

There is little room for change. Also, he is 2nd in his group (behind Rokon) to make the ODI. After he proves himself there ...
i think everybody plays cross bat. but he has superb shots in his belt and very few in BD team has like him. now he is getting runs..so he could be given a chance again..atleast he is not like Rokon who has a tendency give a DÙCK to team.
Old January 12, 2005, 11:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
ThaLa Delee Hobe Na? Nah! 2nd Gear porjonto jabe na...

No break? Pa dea thamano jabe na ? Nah.. 4th gear e thakle pa bhengee jabe.....

Actually the real question is can he score double ducks consistently?
Old January 12, 2005, 05:44 PM
Club Cricketer

after watching and comparing rokon and tushar in australia i found tushar had far better shot selection and technique. of the two shot makers, i would always prefer tushar, to this day i have always backed tushars inclusion in the national side
Old January 12, 2005, 08:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

I say lets see Tushar's consistency in the A tour... he is a talent no doubt but consistency is the key.