facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 31, 2007, 04:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Top BC Posters: Know About the Pros and How They Evolved

Hundreds of new members, Thousands of new posts, and Tons of new threads- this is our forum today. New members are coming to the forum everyday, bringing us new friends, news ideas and new perspectives. There are also few concerns about the volume and quality of posting made by our newbies. So, I thought it might a fun thing to look back to our current seasoned members and see how they all started as a newbie.

I've included all 6000+ club members and gradually working on the 5000+ club and few low-posting seasoned members now. It will be fun to expand it further to include all leading posters and low-posting seasoned members. So, please contribute, if you have time.

AsifTheManRahman
First Posted: February 12, 2004
First Thread Opened: February 18, 2004

First Post:
In BKSP beat NZ U-19 Thread
Quote:
This is too good man....I don't believe it....beating NZ U 19??? then again by a margin of 6 wickets??? I sure do hope that the U 19 national side can do something similar in the WC....
this is too good to be true....
First Thread:
ANY LIVE COVERAGE?

Comments:
Posted first on the same day he joined the forum and opened first thread 6 days after joining. It appears that his 1st post was motivated by BKSP’s win over the visiting NZ U-19 Team. And he opened his 1st thread in search of live streaming link of a Bangladesh-Zimbabwe Match. He was AsifTheHappyManRahman in his first post to see a surprise win over NZ team and AsifTheUnhappyManRahman in his first thread not to see any broadcasting links.

Chinaman
First Posted: August 14, 2003
First Thread Opened: August 15, 2003

First Post:
In Bangladesh Team Announced thread
Quote:
Khaled Mahmud still captain
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3138195.stm
First Thread:
Ten commandments for Captain Mahmud

Comments:
Posted first on the same day he joined the forum and opened first thread 1 day after joining. It appears that both his first post and first thread was influenced by his unhappiness over reappointment of Khaled Mahmud as the Captain for the Pakistan Tour in 2003. Chinaman does not like non-performers to captain the team and ready to preach them some bible lesson. Time for Update Chinaman!!

Miraz
First Posted: March 6, 2006
First Thread Opened: March 14, 2006

First Post:
In Kenya in Bangladesh: 4 match ODI series Thread
Quote:
I don't think only Tikolo can make the difference. Bangladesh has progressed well in recent days and I believe there is guld of differences in quality of cricket between Bangladesh and Kenya. We should win 4-0. Kenya has got a very poor first class or domestic facility and almost no finances in cricket. I don't think Kenya will be playing test in coming five years.
Certainly Bangladesh will take the series.
First Thread:
What should be the wicket against Kenya

Comments:
First posted 7 days after joining the forum and he opened his 1st thread 15 days after becoming a forum member. Both of his first post and first thread was made in the context of Kenya’s tour of Bangladesh in 2006. His first post was in response to a comment on Kenya’s ability to beat Bangladesh. His opened his first thread voicing opinion for preparing a pace-friendly pitch against Kenya. Provided some good analytical prediction in his very first post—Born a Wise Man!!

Tigers_eye
First Posted: June 30, 2005
First Thread Opened: August 25, 2005

First Post:
In Match Thread: Bangladesh vs Australia Natwest series 9th ODI
Quote:
Is it a good idea to let a bowler bowl all his 10 overs at one time? why not mix it up cause no wickets are falling?
First Thread:
How to hold on to success in cricket?

Comments:
Posted first on the same day he joined the forum and opened first thread 25 days after becoming a forum member. It appears that his first post was influenced by his dissatisfaction over Bashar’s decision to bowl Aftab Ahmed for straight 10 over without any success against Australia in NW Series. He posted his first thread in quest for finding ways to sustain the successes achieved by the junior teams. Started his forum career by questioning Habibul Basahar’s captaincy in 2005!! He knew something not right!!

Fazal
First Posted: September 16, 2004
First Thread Opened: September 16, 2004

First Post:
In Introduce Yourself Thread
Quote:
Hi all, I am Fazal. Also known as Faz. Like all of you, I like cricket.
I was born in Pakistan, spent most of my childhood in Bangladesh, and now citizen of another country. Therefore I support these 3 national teams.
I am currently laid off, therefore lots of time to spent on the web.
Sometimes I used to login here as Faz, but cannot login any more, don't know why?
First Thread:
Who is our substitute Wicketkeeper?

Comments:
Posted first and opened first thread on the same day he joined the forum. He started by introducing himself. Although it appears that he lost his job and forum password at the same time!! He was apparently not pleased with Khaled Masud’s performance during that time and dared to search for a “replacement” of then-unparalleled Khaled Masud.

Mahmood
First Posted: June 20, 2002
First Thread Opened: June 20, 2002

First Post:
In Prepare for Sri Lanka Thread
Quote:
We can fix a time and meet in Paltalk. When is good for you two?
First Thread:
WC Match tonight

Comments:
I guess he joined the forum, posted first post and opened first thread on the very same day forum was re-created after the hacking incident. His first post was about arranging a conference for ALL forum members—there was only 3 during that time, I suppose. His first thread was about Watching Brazil vs. England World Cup Game and the thread was posted in Bangladesh Cricket section!! I guess there was no other sub-forum available that time. Were you guys even familiar with the term “sub-forum” during those medieval days?

Zunaid
First Posted: January 22, 20042
First Thread Opened: January 22, 2004

First Post:
In Nick Name Translation Thread
Quote:
I'm an avid Bangladesh cricket fan far removed both by distance and time from the deshi cricket scene. I've mostly been following the tigers on the web and am more familiar with their "official names". When you guys start using their nicks - I get kind of lost.
Can anyone kindly put up a nick name - real name translater?
Pilot - Khaled Mashu etc..
Thankie, Zunaid
First Thread:
Nick Name Translation

Comments:
First posted on the same day he joined the forum. During that time he only knew the formal names of the players (i.e Khaled Masud) and but did not have a clue about the nick names (i.e. Pilot). So as his first post he opened a thread to get help with the nick names. With the new hablu-gablu-kablu type name calling trend in the forum these days, I hope his nick name recognition skill is improving everyday.

Fwullah

First Post:
In BD Test Squad for the tour of SL Thread
Quote:
Hi guys, I posted this messege in the 'hacked' site, since that messege board is no longer available, I am writing the same thing again. The following is the list of fifteen players:
1) Khaled Mashud (WK)(C) 2) Habibul Bashar 3) Aminul Islam 4) Akram Khan 5) Al Shahriar 6) Md. Ashraful 7) Tushar Imran 8) Enamul Haque 9) Fahim Muntasir 10) Manjurul Islam 11) Tareq Aziz 12) Talha Jubair 13) Alamgir Kabir 14) Ehsanul Haque 15) Hannan Sarker
Tehsin, this new messege board's background color looks similar to banglacricket site unlike the previous one. I must suggest you to keep this site for a longer period.
First Thread:
BD Test Squad for the tour of SL

Comments:
Date of Joining, first post and first thread was the same in the re-created forum after hacking incident. She posted the BD squad for the Sri Lanka tour in the “Adi” forum, but it was hacked soon after. So she reposted it in the re-created forum. Learn from the Pros, Son—keep copies!! She is the first member of the forum and the first member of the forum happened to be a lady—so we may as well call her the “First Lady”.

Tehsin

First Post:
In As it turns out Thread
Quote:
Some people have nothing better to do then harm strangers. What can I saw, we've already declared war against terrorism and the terrorists main goal is to create disturbance and destroy the peace and quiet of innocent civilians.
Apparantly, Mr. Rayden has the same mentality and thus took over our real board (http://banglacricket.com/board). I will try to revive it but I deleted some vital info from that site (I went 'delete' crazy)so it'll be hard to get that back.
Sorry about any inconvenience but again, this world is full of people who don't really careabout other people and we can't really expect any respect/compassion from them towards their fellow human beings.
Meanwhile, I need to change my settings becuse this sky blue/&%$ blue combo is killing my eyes.
First Thread:
As it turns out

Comments:
He did not join the forum, rather the forum joined with him!! His personal first post was the first post of the forum as well. In his first post in the after-hacking re-created forum, he talks about the hacker (Mr. Rayden), the hacking incident, and his war against hacking-terrorism. War against terrorism..huh!! Does the name Mr. Rayden and Mr. Laden sound familiar!!

Rubu
First Posted: February 14, 2004
First Thread Opened: February 16, 2004

First Post:
In BBC: Bangladesh take control Thread

Quote:
I'm worried about sumon. Hope captency will not reduce his performance. But the team has to find some way to improve batting performance. its the bowlers who always try to make things better.

First Thread:
Sending Batsmen backward

Comments:
Posted first on the same day he joined the forum and opened first thread 2 days after joining. He joined and started posting during our Zimbabwe tour in 2004. Concern for the effect of captaincy on Habibul Bashar’s performance and the repeated failure of our top order batsman was center point of his first post. His concern for top order failure turned into a frustration which prompted him to open his first thread—apparently a sarcastic one. He suggested sending the bowlers to bat first and immediately received criticism from ATMR. With our top order still failing and Mashrafee batting well, you may try it again Rubu—see how ATRM reacts this time!!

Spitfire_x86
First Posted: December 17, 2004
First Thread Opened: December 18, 2004

First Post:
In Comment thread: BD vs Ind 2nd Test at Chittagong Thread
Quote:
So true.......I completely agree with that article.

First Thread:
Will Ashraful play one good innings in the 2nd Test?

Comments:
Posted first on the same day he joined the forum and opened first thread the day after. He joined and started posting during our home series against India in 2004. His first post came first after India scored a mammoth 540 in the 1st innings of 2nd Test in Chittagong. He posted to express his complete agreement with a Cricinfo article while claimed that most of the Bangladeshi players will not even qualify to carry drinks for a Pura Cup or Ranji Trophy Team. His pessimistic mood continued when he opened his first thread a day later. He predicted that Ashraful would fail to score in the 2nd test in Chittagong because Ash performs once in while and has already finished his business for the series after the half-century in 1st test. It may be true for Ashraful most of the time, but Spitfire picked a wrong day for his prediction thread. Ashraful hammered 158 not out the same day!! Spitfire_x86 needs to predict more often for the good of Bangladesh cricket!!

SS
First Posted: February 24, 2004
First Thread Opened: March 3, 2004

First Post:
In Rajin Saleh should be moved up the order Thread
Quote:
Bd will never win now ..so we should give up test status
First Thread:
. (A full-stop was thread title)

Comments:
Posted first on the same day he joined the forum and opened first thread 8 days after joining. He came to the forum during our tour to Zimbabwe in 2004. His first post was very pessimist in nature where he suggested that BD should voluntarily give up the test status. Morning showed the day and SS soon became a brand name for pessimism in the forum. His first thread was interesting one with a simple full-stop mark (.) as the tile. The thread was about emotional nature of our players and he suggested using this emotion in a positive way—a slight flavor of pessimism was there in the thread as usual.

PoorFan
First Posted: July 3, 2004
First Thread Opened: September 20, 2005

First Post:
In woman sports in BD vs radical islamic force Thread
Quote:
I have a bad feeling that our society is moving towards Afgan or Pak or Algeria If we take a look at newspaper we will find so many MAULOBI or MADRASA related news everyday and it's becoming more and more. Not unexpected if they stand against wresling or footbal.
First Thread:
Need batting and bowling coach to be competitive

Comments:
Posted first 12 days after joining the forum and waited a long 15 months before opening first thread. He made his first post expressing his concerns about the news that the national women wresting and women football competition was threatened by radical Islamic forces in Bangladesh. During our tour to Sri Lanka in 2005, we reduced SL to 48/4 on the morning of first day in the 2nd test, but they end up scoring 449/7 at the end of Day-1. The inability of our bowlers to hold on to the early success in this match moved PoorFan so much that he ended his 15-month long wait and opened his first thread demanding separate batting and bowling coach for the team. PoorFan should be happy to see that BCB is hiring special batting and bowling coach, which he demanded almost 21 months ago in his first thread.

RazabQ
First Posted: February 25, 2004
First Thread Opened: February 27, 2004

First Post:
In Canada and Uganda Games Thread
Quote:
ideas for improving batsmens\' concentration
Easy answer - institute a 2-day interschool tourney.
I fondly recall Nirman tournament (now called Standard Chartered). Players such as Opee, Sujan, Shumon, Moh. Ali, etc came through it. Unfortunately, we always played on matting wickets in small grounds and the matches were 40 overs long. So
a) we knew we'd get even, knee-level bounce most of the time,
b) life was good if you were spinner,
c) seaming the ball was difficult,
d) if one wasted more than one over in "watching" the bowling, the coach or captain would get on your case.
e) cross batted hoiks where u shuffled across would inevitably get you a four or six, while an attempt to drive along the ground thru the V would end up in a little dust storm and one having to run his *** off.
If we are able to switch the Standard Chartered interschool tourney to a two-day format and try and use proper grounds then
a) we will be emulating Sri Lanka who have built a pretty good program based mainly on school cricket
b) our batsmen will have to learn to last 80-90 overs - hence the 2-3 hours concentration issue gets resolved.
c) cross batted hoiks will go away
d) all players will learn to strategise - just like test cricket makes u do.
As for good practice bowlers, I think we need a bowling machine. And my pakistani coach in the US often made me practice batting against hockey balls on wet astro-turf (he learned it from Imran Khan). Man that will get u used to bouncy wickets fast. Anyway, this is my first post so go easy on me guys. Happy to join this site
First Thread:
Why no Offside, V players? Whither Lefties?

Comments:
Posted first on the same day he joined the forum and opened his first thread 2 days later. In his first post, he responded to Coach Richard McInnes on ways to develop “Sports Intelligence” of our young batsmen by drawing from his experience of playing national school-level cricket. He opened his first thread to find out the reasons behind the lack of players strong in playing on the offside and V as well as the lack of top class left-handed batsman in Bangladesh team. Showcased his quality from the word go!!

Last edited by babubangla; June 1, 2007 at 02:20 PM..

Old May 31, 2007, 05:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Shob Kola Khaba Shesh Hole Ebar Nijer Kola Khao Baba Re

BabuBangla, Nijer First Post/First Thread?

(Where is your first post/first thread)
Old May 31, 2007, 05:06 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

babu bhai, classic. You always come up with surprises.

Feeling honored to find my name amongst these esteemed pros.

Last edited by Miraz; May 31, 2007 at 05:16 PM..
Old May 31, 2007, 05:07 PM
Cricket Legend

I remember Fazal's entry on this forum and his quite creative poem that shot him to instant fame . Fazal Mamu!!!

I remember ATMR from Ebooooooong .... Chomotkaari Shot ...

I remember Mahmood from his quite intimidating name - "Rajputro" and the icon. Now he reminds me of Indian comedy-hero - Mahmood

I remember Zunaid for his name - i thought he was some cute bangla girl

I remember Zobair from his cute icon and name - Pompous (Pampu Bhai - I would've loved to call him that).

I remember Spitfire from his cute avatar of a cub - signified the cub that BD Cricket team was at that time

I remember Arafath for being the "Lathiwala Shalar Bhai"

I remember FaltuRidwanBhai for his name - and Dhonnobad. I used to always read his posts for the end part. Dhonnobad.

I remember BabuBangla for his signature - along with his posts that used to have tonnes of square-boxes.

Last edited by DJ Sahastra; May 31, 2007 at 05:17 PM..
Old May 31, 2007, 05:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Very interesting
Old May 31, 2007, 05:17 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
I remember Zunaid for his name - i thought he was some cute bangla girl

dude nijer kola chash koira khau!
Old May 31, 2007, 05:19 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Timely thread for old and specially for all the new posters (since WC2007).
Old May 31, 2007, 08:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

very interesting thread.
Old May 31, 2007, 08:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
very interesting thread.
I agree.
Old May 31, 2007, 09:06 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
I remember Mahmood from his quite intimidating name - "Rajputro" and the icon. Now he reminds me of Indian comedy-hero - Mahmood
Dude, Rajputro is still alive.
Old May 31, 2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajputro
Dude, Rajputro is still alive.
Welcome to BC!
...asol na nokol...?!!
Though, powerfull...I know that!!!
Old May 31, 2007, 09:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

great thread.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 31, 2007, 09:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Very interesting thread. Now I know why Dj is so obsessed with Bangladesh cricket and Bangladesh in general. He has a thing for Bangladeshi girls which should explain why he dared to mistake Zunaid bhai of all people to be a "cute bangladeshi girl". LMAO
Old May 31, 2007, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
Very interesting thread. Now I know why Dj is so obsessed with Bangladesh cricket and Bangladesh in general. He has a thing for Bangladeshi girls which should explain why he dared to mistake Zunaid bhai of all people to be a "cute bangladeshi girl". LMAO
Ain't I cute:

Old May 31, 2007, 10:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Ain't I cute:

Ohh you are very cute . But the funny part was him mistaking you for being "a girl". I can imagine his shock when he first saw the picture of you standing with your hands on your hip. That picture exemplifies your cockiness and confidence.
Old May 31, 2007, 10:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Ain't I cute:

Emmm...naah. Not that much!
Old May 31, 2007, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Ohh you are very cute . But the funny part was him mistaking you for being "a girl". I can imagine his shock when he first saw the picture of you standing with your hands on your hip. That picture exemplifies your cockiness and confidence.
Something about this was just sooo wrong! Like those newspaper reports where lecherous old men chat up 13 year old girls on the internet!

But thats besides the point: Shouldnt this thread belong in Forget Cricket? I dont mind the entertainment it provides, but honestly - one week since we last played a game, and we're already bored on the Bangladesh Cricket sub-forum???
Old May 31, 2007, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
But thats besides the point: Shouldnt this thread belong in Forget Cricket? I dont mind the entertainment it provides, but honestly - one week since we last played a game, and we're already bored on the Bangladesh Cricket sub-forum???
Ya I am starting to feel kinda bored in Bangladesh Cricket Sub-Forum too I don't know why......
Old May 31, 2007, 11:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
First thing first - I know quite early on that Zunaid was NOT a female. I only mistook the name Zunaid - assumed it was a good feminine name. Something like Zunaid Begum .

Now, don't blame me if Saqibul or Ashraful logged on this forum as "Moyna" and i assumed it was a female

Saying that i have a thing for Bangladeshi girls may sound cheap (maybe offensive or irksome to some members on the board). Let me just say i did have a lot of things for a special Bangla friend in my life, for a good period of time, and i do owe some nice Bangla lines to her:

Akash Poni Onek Doore
Jemim Kore Meg Jaye Go Ure
Jemim Kore Hawai Bashe Bashe
Koi Tahar Mate Tumi Amar Jeebone Ashonato

There you go - beat that. YOu can't

P.S: Zunaid Bhai, you didn't have to post your picture and break my heart
Old May 31, 2007, 11:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Okay, I am confused - Is Rajputro not Mahmood?

Damn, i am getting old!!!
Old May 31, 2007, 11:25 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Damn, I gotta increase my post count...
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old May 31, 2007, 11:30 PM
Administrator

babubangla
First Posted: May 28, 2004
First Thread Opened: February 3, 2005

First Post:
In Match Thread: Bangladesh vs West Indies Test 1, Day 1 Thread
Quote:
In the cricinfo team list...they are showing enamul jr. as the spinner...and rafiq not on the list!!!!!!!!!! What happened? fight again???

First Thread:
BD A Vs. UAE Match-1 Scorecard

Comments:
Posted the same day he joined. Tempted by the BD tour of West Indies. He stayed away from innovating anything for a while, busily responding to existing threads, especially to those related to stickcricket. His first thread too was very innocuous. It is only later, did he start penning those Bangla gems of his - and we got to see the the same talent that created a romantic/erotic dictionary in Bangla.
Old May 31, 2007, 11:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Rubu
First Posted: February 14, 2004
First Thread Opened: February 16, 2004

First Post:
In BBC: Bangladesh take control Thread
Quote:
I'm worried about sumon. Hope captency will not reduce his performance. But the team has to find some way to improve batting performance. its the bowlers who always try to make things better.
First Thread:
Sending Batsmen backward

Comments:
Posted first on the same day he joined the forum and opened first thread 2 days after joining. He joined and started posting during our Zimbabwe tour in 2004. Concern for the effect of captaincy on Habibul Bashar’s performance and the repeated failure of our top order batsman was center point of his first post. His concern for top order failure turned into a frustration which prompted him to open his first thread—apparently a sarcastic one. He suggested sending the bowlers to bat first and immediately received criticism from ATMR. With our top order still failing and Mashrafee batting well, you may try it again Rubu—see how ATRM reacts this time!!
Old June 1, 2007, 12:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

hmm interesting...babubangla u should also tell us how many threads each of the top posters created in their lifetime so far, i.e. who is topping the list in no. of thread creation. babubangla created 280 threads so far .i.e, approx. every 1 out 10 post is a new thread.
Old June 1, 2007, 12:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Spitfire_x86
First Posted: December 17, 2004
First Thread Opened: December 18, 2004

First Post:
In Comment thread: BD vs Ind 2nd Test at Chittagong Thread
Quote:
So true.......I completely agree with that article.
First Thread:
Will Ashraful play one good innings in the 2nd Test?

Comments:
Posted first on the same day he joined the forum and opened first thread the day after. He joined and started posting during our home series against India in 2004. His first post came first after India scored a mammoth 540 in the 1st innings of 2nd Test in Chittagong. He posted to express his complete agreement with a Cricinfo article while claimed that most of the Bangladeshi players will not even qualify to carry drinks for a Pura Cup or Ranji Trophy Team. His pessimistic mood continued when he opened his first thread a day later. He predicted that Ashraful would fail to score in the 2nd test in Chittagong because Ash performs once in while and has already finished his business for the series after the half-century in 1st test. It may be true for Ashraful most of the time, but Spitfire picked a wrong day for his prediction thread. Ashraful hammered 158 not out the same day!! Spitfire_x86 needs to predict more often for the good of Bangladesh cricket!!