facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 25, 2017, 10:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Well, the only positive I can think of right now is how good of a WK Nurul Hassan is. He is like superman, flying about holding catches, saving 4s on deflections, hitting the stumps regularly. And his batting has been decent enough as well this whole series.

Old January 25, 2017, 11:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

In batting tamim, musfiq, somaya, Sabbir to count in India pitch .
In bowling mustafiz, Miraz, taskin, sakib to count.
Still believe Bangladesh is a far better team in Asia.. it will be a great test between Bangladesh vs India.. lots of fans, media, Bd crowd, local crowd,foreign media will be involved in this game. Doesn't matter what format we play against India.. it's always a extra hype and vibe. Hope this time Bangladeshi players will be more confident, more hungry for success.... go tigers.
Old January 25, 2017, 11:49 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

I doubt local crowd will give a damn about this test
Old January 26, 2017, 04:41 AM
Test Cricketer

^I bet they will. They will look forward to their team crushing ours. They would be happy to see us shut up.
Old January 26, 2017, 04:56 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
^I bet they will. They will look forward to their team crushing ours. They would be happy to see us shut up.
will we shut up? have you seen the idiots in social media, when we have nothing we bring up 2007 wc..that incident happened a decade ago for crying out loud
Old January 26, 2017, 05:52 AM
Test Cricketer

That's why others love the opportunity to shut us up.
Old January 26, 2017, 06:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad and Kolkata usually pull decent crowd even in tests, but in general popularity of test is going down here.
Old January 26, 2017, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

Quote:
It's a 5 day test, when Bd will start putting pressure on them.. I'm sure no body wants to be seats in home. I will tell you and the bc members here, why Bd will surprise us in India?
India don't have Wagner who can bowl constantly a over 6 legal bouncer.
Don't have southee or boult, who's been destroying against party in their soil, but we did manage to play well...but for few stupidest senior players, we couldn't draw or win.
All the injuries will be recovered.
It's India like home and only playing a test, they will be physically and mentally strong.
After what happened in Nz, every single players will be hungry for their success.
Bd vs Ind pitch, nothing much differences.
We just finished playing in a tuff condition, where Indian condition will be far better then that..
if Bd batting first or win the toss, we might pull a victory here.. mustafiz and miraz will be deadly combos on a 5th day pitch.
Bangladesh is going to play pressure free game, not too much expectation especially after lose to nz 8-0...where Bd always played well in that kind of senerio.
Tamim, sarkar ,musy, Sabbir, ,mominul will be the batting side keys for the India test.
Mustafiz, Miraz, sakib will the bowling side keys.
Inshallah our team will come back stronger than ever..hold the faith.
Old January 26, 2017, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad and Kolkata usually pull decent crowd even in tests, but in general popularity of test is going down here.
the last captain's indifference might have something to do with that. kohli is super interested in winning tests and with a few better performances that might rub off on the supporters.

is hyderabad considered one of those better test venues ? I thought only kolkata, mumbai, chennai & bengaluru belonged to that list. RGI is a pretty recent stadium, previously matches were held at the LBS.

personally I hate venues that have no crowds for tests, those should not get test matches. mohali and kotla are the worst culprits in this regard.
Old January 26, 2017, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Well, the only positive I can think of right now is how good of a WK Nurul Hassan is. He is like superman, flying about holding catches, saving 4s on deflections, hitting the stumps regularly. And his batting has been decent enough as well this whole series.
How about Mushys 150 odd batting injured
Old January 26, 2017, 02:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Dude your profile pic
Old January 26, 2017, 03:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
the last captain's indifference might have something to do with that. kohli is super interested in winning tests and with a few better performances that might rub off on the supporters.

is hyderabad considered one of those better test venues ? I thought only kolkata, mumbai, chennai & bengaluru belonged to that list. RGI is a pretty recent stadium, previously matches were held at the LBS.

personally I hate venues that have no crowds for tests, those should not get test matches. mohali and kotla are the worst culprits in this regard.
Hyderabad is decent enough, not on per with Mumbai and Chennai though.

Add Rajkot and Vizag too with Mohali. Punjabis and Delhites want everything to be fast paced, don't expect them to sit for hours for a test match

Kolkata and Chennai has the classiest and most laid back cricket crowd, while Mumbaikars are always high on enthusiasm.

Just my observation though.
Old January 26, 2017, 04:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

bengaluru is good too.
Old January 26, 2017, 04:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Surprisingly, Hydrabad may see a lot of Bangladeshi supporters, even more than Kolkata, i think.
Old January 27, 2017, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Surprisingly, Hydrabad may see a lot of Bangladeshi supporters, even more than Kolkata, i think.
Why do you think that, bro?
Old January 27, 2017, 02:40 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Why do you think that, bro?
reasons

1.fighting between "typical facebook bangladeshi" and "typical facebook indian bengali", if you know bangla(which I think you know by looking at your location) go and see those fighting in troll cricket pages. just by looking at them any people would think these west bengal and bangladesh hate each other to core.

2. our T20 match vs NZ in kolkata where NZ got more support

3. Mustafiz had a wonderful IPL with SunRisers last time. he had lot of fans. so he will get support
Old January 27, 2017, 03:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
reasons

1.fighting between "typical facebook bangladeshi" and "typical facebook indian bengali", if you know bangla(which I think you know by looking at your location) go and see those fighting in troll cricket pages. just by looking at them any people would think these west bengal and bangladesh hate each other to core.

2. our T20 match vs NZ in kolkata where NZ got more support

3. Mustafiz had a wonderful IPL with SunRisers last time. he had lot of fans. so he will get support
Well, since you brought this up..

1. This thing is not limited to cricket neither it is limited to Facebook. A vast majority of Bangladeshi people harbour anti India sentiment, this is a fact. I have been active in internet for a long long time to know that this hatred flows across all ideologies in Bangladesh be it Jamati, neo Bangladeshi nationalists or communists, they are by no means are fringe elements. I have seen what names they use to describe my country, this hatred and the venom they spew against us is just astounding. Heck they are even more hostile to us than Pakistanis. The fun fact is most Indian internet crowds are unaware of this, but for some of us Indian Bengalis who takes interest in Bangladeshi affairs for whatever reasons, it is extremely painful to see a nation for which we fought and gave our blood has turned out to be so rabidly antagonistic towards us. God knows what have we done wrong to deserve so much hate.

Anyways, my point is, since only we can understand the language, you see mostly West bengalis replying back with the same coin. Most Indians barring us don't have fair idea about Bangladesh but a vast majority of them, who are oblivious to the ground reality, do consider Bangladesh a brotherly country, I can vouch for that.

2. Now you can't blame Kolkata crowd for not throwing rose petals.

3. Of course he has fans, De Velliers has fans, so does Warner, but that does not mean those people will chose to support BD, SA or Aus over their own country.
Old January 27, 2017, 03:54 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:

1. This thing is not limited to cricket neither it is limited to Facebook. A vast majority of Bangladeshi people harbour anti India sentiment, this is a fact. I have been active in internet for a long long time to know that this hatred flows across all ideologies in Bangladesh be it Jamati, neo Bangladeshi nationalists or communists, they are by no means are fringe elements. I have seen what names they use to describe my country, this hatred and the venom they spew against us is just astounding. Heck they are even more hostile to us than Pakistanis. The fun fact is most Indian internet crowds are unaware of this, but for some of us Indian Bengalis who takes interest in Bangladeshi affairs for whatever reasons, it is extremely painful to see a nation for which we fought and gave our blood has turned out to be so rabidly antagonistic towards us. God knows what have we done wrong to deserve so much hate.

Anyways, my point is, since only we can understand the language, you see mostly West bengalis replying back with the same coin. Most Indians barring us don't have fair idea about Bangladesh but a vast majority of them, who are oblivious to the ground reality, do consider Bangladesh a brotherly country, I can vouch for that.

3. Of course he has fans, De Velliers has fans, so does Warner, but that does not mean those people will chose to support BD, SA or Aus over their own country.
1. yes internet will teach you what it is teaching. good on you. you know I had the same concept of India untill I had to mingle with real life indians in my master studies. I found out that the real life persons are much much different than the internet trolls. changed my perspective of the random indians. Recently I had the privilege to work with a Hyderabad here in Bangladesh. I was astonished with his concept of Bangladesh. after spending couple of days in Dhaka, his perspective of Bangladeshi people and Bangladesh changed

2. Who is blaming kolkata crowd, Kolkata crowed can support anyone they want, you asked why would we think that we'll get support in hydrabad more than kolkata. that was one of the reasons

3.lol who said Indian people will support BD over India. Rifat said he think BD will get more support in Hydrabad than kolkata, he didn't mean Indians will support BD over India. dont think literal support, I think rifat meant more in admiration case for good performance
Old January 27, 2017, 04:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
1. yes internet will teach you what it is teaching. good on you. you know I had the same concept of India untill I had to mingle with real life indians in my master studies. I found out that the real life persons are much much different than the internet trolls. changed my perspective of the random indians. Recently I had the privilege to work with a Hyderabad here in Bangladesh. I was astonished with his concept of Bangladesh. after spending couple of days in Dhaka, his perspective of Bangladeshi people and Bangladesh changed

2. Who is blaming kolkata crowd, Kolkata crowed can support anyone they want, you asked why would we think that we'll get support in hydrabad more than kolkata. that was one of the reasons

3.lol who said Indian people will support BD over India. Rifat said he think BD will get more support in Hydrabad than kolkata, he didn't mean Indians will support BD over India. dont think literal support, I think rifat meant more in admiration case for good performance
Agree with you on most parts, I am matured enough not to take internet seriously and mess my head up. I mostly take part in light-hearted debates, I don't get serous with a debate without substantial amount of knowledge regarding the topic. What I said is a fact, no matter how much you try and deny it here. Majority Bangladeshis hate India, and I don't think we should be bothered about that, as long as they are venting anger in social media and not doing anything on ground, who cares?
Old January 27, 2017, 07:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:

Bro, on Bangladeshis calling Indians names, I feel that the equal and sometimes even more hostile attacks are done by Indians. Anyways, it is just unfortunate and I feel it will die down. Honestly, it has been happening whenever India plays Bangladesh but after the matches are over it all quietens down. Overall, I cannot speak for others but I myself do feel somewhat connected to Bengalis in West Bengal. I have many friends from there and the issue of religion of the border divide is never the topic of our discussion but rather the bonds we share over many things. I think I speak for most Bangladeshis but you can never say that there are not Bangladeshis that hate Indians and vice versa, for no reason or reasons known to them. You just have to know your reasons to like or dislike and not sway based on what others are saying or doing. You gotta judge for yourself. Obviously not everybody can do that, and accept the other person's point of view, which is why there is so many problems in the world, if we could just do that then half of the world's problem would disappear, just accept what the other person is saying or doing, just live and let live
Old January 27, 2017, 08:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Agree with you on most parts, I am matured enough not to take internet seriously and mess my head up. I mostly take part in light-hearted debates, I don't get serous with a debate without substantial amount of knowledge regarding the topic. What I said is a fact, no matter how much you try and deny it here. Majority Bangladeshis hate India, and I don't think we should be bothered about that, as long as they are venting anger in social media and not doing anything on ground, who cares?
That's not true. I think most intelligent, adults realize that a person's personality does not depend on their nationality. The trolls u see on Facebook usually are jobless, have no life. So they vent their anger of their miserable life on anyone they can victimize
Old January 27, 2017, 03:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
How about Mushys 150 odd batting injured
Has he been fit at all this series? Spent more time lying on the ground than playing cricket. Dwarf should have been on the first flight home as soon as he picked up his first niggle in the ODI match.
Old January 27, 2017, 03:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
majority of the BD don't hate India (although it might seem that way from the internet). At my work, I probably interact with 5+ Indians on a daily basis and plus a dozen more on a on and off basis. We all get along very well.

That being said, I am not very good friends with any of them. Throughout college and even at work I made very few close Indian friends. But I have made plenty of Pakistani close friends. I tend to get along with them more than the Indians.
Old January 27, 2017, 05:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Why are mods allowing Indian fans to derail everythread in their ultra nationalism mode, here?!! Go open thread on FC section. Leave cricket section alone to cricket and related talk!

Amazing how we are getting philosophy lesson from them, on how we should act and behaviour. Despite they have the worst fanbase in the world!

I don't get it. You can't use India as an example, they get rattled. You can't make a point, they get rattled. You can't literally say anything against Mother India even if it is a point related. Indians have too much ego and nationalism in their blood. I bet if you state a fact which is true, they will deny and call you a hater..!
Old January 27, 2017, 06:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Has he been fit at all this series? Spent more time lying on the ground than playing cricket. Dwarf should have been on the first flight home as soon as he picked up his first niggle in the ODI match.
if he really did that, you would have said, "what a bum, what a loser, has no stamina to survive international cricket".

now that he has scored 150 even after just recovering from injury shows his character and willingness to sacrifice for the team. How many selfless players do you know like that?