facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 6, 2009, 09:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

I will be very disappointed, if there is any problem with our test status, because it will dent BD cricket very badly. My observation is, over the last few years, we are getting talented players; but talent is not transforming to performances. We do lack in our thought process. This deficiency becomes more clear in the longer version of the game.

We are not as bad as the results show. But results are the only thing that counts at the moment, we must start winning frequently. Otherwise, critics will take their chances. Winning by 1 run is much superior than losing by 1 run. We got our chances a few times, against Pakistan, Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka. But we lost! We lost the battle of character and that's what test cricket is all about.

And it's true that not many cricket fans will spend their money on watching miserably one-sided matches.

Old January 6, 2009, 09:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

no wonder why homeo
Old January 6, 2009, 09:19 AM
Cricket Sage

our team may not be as bad as the results show..but to the rest of the cricket world..if we don't start to win we really aren't improving that much...everytime someone says bangladesh has yet to won a test against the top 8 teams..n our argument is well it took NZ 26 year...n so on..but that argument wont hold up anymore..alot of things has change since than..n specially at this time of the economic crisis in the world no one can afford to play our team if they continue to play like a bunch of fools..
Old January 6, 2009, 09:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
fix the batting (mainly the top 4) and BD will become a respectable team. some players are showing signs of maturing (shakib and rahim), hopefully some of the others will follow (i expect raqibul and tamim be the first to follow suit). but tough to say where BD will be in 2012, it's still a couple of years away and tbh BD did improve a bit in 2008 even if it doesn't look like much on the scorecards.
very true especially about the 2008 improvement.

disappointed to see raqib struggle but i guess when your first 3 tests are against Morkel, Steyn, Murali, and Mendis its bound to happen.

still an average under 15?

at least he didn't start off on fire only to fad later like SN or rajin.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 6, 2009, 10:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

ধুর এইগুলা আর ভালো লাগে না।
Old January 6, 2009, 11:40 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Let's face it guys, we are playing with a bunch of players who are just not ready yet.
Imrul, Zunaid, Rakibul is good, good prospect, but just not ready yet to sing the songs.
Same can be told to a greater extend about Mehrab jnr.
Enam jnr came after after a long gap, only to fill in till Razzak gets his sh*t together.
Too much to ask from Ash all the time.
Tamim is sort of out of form lately.
Rahim bats all alone at no.8
Mash with bat is a one hit wonder.
Shahadat, well you never know how he is bowling on a given day.

That leaves us with Sakib. The only guy who seems to be have a bit of clue what he is doing in the field. And with only one guy, there is only so far we can go.

If you ask me to point my fingers at someone, i blame it on guys like Aftab, SN,Rubel. We spent years to groom them up and just when we think they are ready for the battle, they switch sides.
They might have made name for themselves and some quick buck with it, but they have put a whole nation and their future in jeopardy.

It takes only a good couple of players in the middle to hold on the fort beside the obvious names.
So sad to see we still pin our hopes on Ash and Mash. No body to look to.

what a pity! We had to go back to the drawing boards all over again.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 6, 2009, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

What a misrable horrible phathetic performence. No wonder everyone is saying to strip the test status, and i don't blame them.
test after test.. teams are making a mockery out of Bangladesh and on top of that improving their average, some players and teams worked so hard for their records, and bangladesh giving easy records to any teams playing them.
what a digrace, it would be better for crickets sake if the test status was stripped.
am for it.
I don't wana see bangladesh making cricket go low.
Old January 6, 2009, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz

If you ask me to point my fingers at someone, i blame it on guys like Aftab, SN,Rubel. We spent years to groom them up and just when we think they are ready for the battle, they switch sides.
They might have made name for themselves and some quick buck with it, but they have put a whole nation and their future in jeopardy.
That is why I "hate" (don't like?) ICLers.... they did not help our cricket by any way. Our players may be short with intelligence but they understand easy $$ very well. Similar to our big leaders/amlas who are ready to "sell" the country for their own profit.
Old January 6, 2009, 01:05 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports_fan_bd
That is why I "hate" (don't like?) ICLers.... they did not help our cricket by any way. Our players may be short with intelligence but they understand easy $$ very well. Similar to our big leaders/amlas who are ready to "sell" the country for their own profit.
agree and dont like the icl player either.....they all said they dream is to play for their country but when they sees $$, suddenly forget. but dhiman is kind of rude person......when he leaves he said "i gave everthing to bd, what did they give me". poor guy

my question is what did Mr Dhiman gave us anyway?
Old January 6, 2009, 01:11 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
ধুর! আজাইরা প্যাচাল। হাতি ঘোড়া গেলো তল টনি বলে কত জল।
নিঊজিল্যান্ড ২৬ বছর, ইন্ডিয়া মনে নাই কত ১৩ বছর মনে হয় ১ম টেষ্ট জিততে সময় লাগলো।
কিন্তু নিউজিল্যান্ড কিংবা ভারতের তখনকার সময়ের মতো এখন তো আর সেই সময় নাই - দিন পাল্টাইছে। হারলেই আমরা নিজেদের সান্তনা দিতে ইতিহাস টেনে আনি।
Old January 6, 2009, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

hmmm, we do perform mesirably in tests because of those ICL culprits. Seems like we were doing better when Alok, Aftabs were available.

Focus on the problems, guys, than trying to find escape goats.
Old January 6, 2009, 02:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

alok is magnificenttttttttttttttttttt
Old January 6, 2009, 04:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
very true especially about the 2008 improvement.

disappointed to see raqib struggle but i guess when your first 3 tests are against Morkel, Steyn, Murali, and Mendis its bound to happen.

still an average under 15?

at least he didn't start off on fire only to fad later like SN or rajin.
yeah raqibul has been worry, but so are the rest of the top 4. i'm thinking raqibul should maybe be played down the order for a bit.
Old January 6, 2009, 04:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Just read this on New Age

ICC denies questioning
Bangladesh’s Test status
Azad Majumder . Chittagong
The International Cricket Council denied reports that its president David Morgan has questioned the Test status of Bangladesh, a senior official of the Bangladesh Cricket Board said on Tuesday.
The BCB had sought a clarification from the ICC after Morgan was quoted in the British newspaper The Daily Telegraph earlier this week as saying that no country should play Test cricket just because it is the full member of the ICC.
A team that is not gaining anything from
experience should better settle for one-day international status, Morgan
had suggested in the Telegraph report without mentioning the name of any country.
‘The ICC has confirmed that there is nothing in his comments to suggest that Bangladesh should play less Test cricket,’ said Jalal Yunus, the media chief of the BCB.
‘His comments merely stated that it is up to each full member to make whatever arrangements it sees fit to play additional Tests over and above each side’s basic commitment of two Tests and three ODIs at home and away as per current Future Tour Progarmme that runs up to May 2012,’ said Yunus.
The Telegraph report claimed that Bangladesh’s Test future will be discussed at the ICC executive board meeting in Perth at the end of January, but ICC in their clarification to the BCB said it was an opinion of the reporter, not based on any true fact.

Maybe this will put fans mind at rest, but BD should really try and improve on their pathetic performances, or one day Test status wil indeed be revoked when other countries refuse to host them or come out outright and refuse to play them even at home.
Old January 6, 2009, 05:14 PM
BC Editorial Team

I told you guys - it's the bleepin Tory mouthpiece Telegraph
Old January 6, 2009, 05:22 PM
Cricket Legend

hmm relief for now.... but for how long....

Login in to BC and finding a thread titled "Bangladesh faces Indefinite ban from Test Cricket" - dont know how long I have to live with this fear......
Old January 6, 2009, 06:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

regardless, our test status is safe. however there is definitely an "n-tier" system forming and fairly strongly in place for the forseeable future.

not too bad though as things will change as strengths change in the coming years and decades.

the top tier is set with India, South Africa, England and Australia. these guys will get 4 and 5 test series and will probably play up to 20 tests a year (india).

in the second tier, you have Sri Lanka, New Zealand and the West Indies. SL and NZ get mostly 2 test series, and WI occaisionally ropes in the 4 test icon series, though i doubt that will last long.

in the bottom tier is Bangladesh, and the newest addition Pakistan.

it is important for the BCB to assist in any way they can, and also forge alliances with the PCB, SLC, NZ, and WICB because this "bloc" could conceivably outvote the top tier alliance. this all the more important since the CA, ECB, and south african boards are increasingly adopting the BCCI's whorish attitude.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 6, 2009, 06:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Let's face it guys, we are playing with a bunch of players who are just not ready yet.
Imrul, Zunaid, Rakibul is good, good prospect, but just not ready yet to sing the songs.
Same can be told to a greater extend about Mehrab jnr.
Enam jnr came after after a long gap, only to fill in till Razzak gets his sh*t together.
Too much to ask from Ash all the time.
Tamim is sort of out of form lately.
Rahim bats all alone at no.8
Mash with bat is a one hit wonder.
Shahadat, well you never know how he is bowling on a given day.

That leaves us with Sakib. The only guy who seems to be have a bit of clue what he is doing in the field. And with only one guy, there is only so far we can go.

It takes only a good couple of players in the middle to hold on the fort beside the obvious names.
So sad to see we still pin our hopes on Ash and Mash. No body to look to.

what a pity! We had to go back to the drawing boards all over again.
wow, brilliant post! 100% agree
Old January 6, 2009, 07:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
regardless, our test status is safe. however there is definitely an "n-tier" system forming and fairly strongly in place for the forseeable future.

not too bad though as things will change as strengths change in the coming years and decades.

the top tier is set with India, South Africa, England and Australia. these guys will get 4 and 5 test series and will probably play up to 20 tests a year (india).

in the second tier, you have Sri Lanka, New Zealand and the West Indies. SL and NZ get mostly 2 test series, and WI occaisionally ropes in the 4 test icon series, though i doubt that will last long.

in the bottom tier is Bangladesh, and the newest addition Pakistan.

it is important for the BCB to assist in any way they can, and also forge alliances with the PCB, SLC, NZ, and WICB because this "bloc" could conceivably outvote the top tier alliance. this all the more important since the CA, ECB, and south african boards are increasingly adopting the BCCI's whorish attitude.
The sad thing is that this is true. We are in the bottom teir because of performance, Pakistan because of factors that they (the cricket team) have no control over. It really is sad. I really think those last 2 teirs should be playing more against each other. Even if they are 2 test series. I still can't believe we havn't played West Indies in a while. Id like to see how we stack up to them.We played decently (relative to previous performance) against NZ, where we could have won the one day series, and was one man (vettori) away from drawing or winning a test.
Old January 7, 2009, 03:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

If they have a Tier system, it should be WI, NZ and BD. I think Pakistan might be NO 5 or 6 at the moment.
Old January 7, 2009, 04:21 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

Amazing how one of the best one day outfits in the world is the 8th ranked test team..To be honest, I don't think we deserve to be in a tier with aussie/south africa etc but I equally don't think we deserve to be in a tier with west indies and bangladesh, we are rebuilding after losing so many players to the icl, because our plyers earn less than the average player in the australian domestic competition, we are rebuilding, west indies on the other hand........I beleive Bangladesh to be the better team than the west indies, when do you next play them? Because I do see a test win against them the next time you play, players like sarwan , gayle and chanderpaul mask what problems west indies cricket is in.

Last edited by nzfan; January 7, 2009 at 04:28 PM..
Old January 8, 2009, 09:20 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Yes, we are not performing at that level right now.

But on the other hand, all the teams who come and play tests against us in BD make money and money always talks. Some money is better than no money.
Old January 8, 2009, 09:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

another one from manjeker... looks like now a day he has nothing better to do but sale his mouth... did he even watch bd-nz test?

http://www.cricinfo.com/talk/content...ia/384605.html
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 8, 2009, 10:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Who are we playing test with after WI?
Old January 9, 2009, 04:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_club