facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old February 22, 2011, 09:06 AM
Club Cricketer

Olympic qualifier away against Kuwait tomorrow.

AFC challenge Cup ; Host Myanmar

Old February 23, 2011, 03:50 PM
Club Cricketer

Kuwait - Bangladesh 2-0
Old February 24, 2011, 03:08 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

^^ considering our practice I would say that's ok result.
return league on 9th march @ Dhaka.
Old March 22, 2011, 05:35 PM
Club Cricketer

AFC Challenge Cup in Myanmar:
Monday : Palestine - Bangladesh 2-0
Wednesday : Myanmar - Bangladesh
Friday : Philippines - Bangladesh

Top two to finals
Old March 22, 2011, 07:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Why do we even play football at international level? So pathetic!
Old March 23, 2011, 03:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Bangladesh 2-0 Myanmar
Wednesday, 23 March 2011 22:04
Yangon: Bangladesh thrust themselves back into contention for a place in the 2012 AFC Challenge Cup finals with a shock 2-0 victory over qualification Group A hosts Myanmar.

Having lost 2-0 to Palestine in their opening fixture nothing less than a win would do for Bangladesh against a Myanmar side who also needed a victory following their 1-1 draw with the Philippines.

Shakil Ahmed stunned the sizeable contingent of Myanmar fans at the Yangon Youth Centre when he put Bangladesh one up in the 10th minute before his fellow Mohammedan midfielder Abdul Baten Mojumder Komal, a 67th minute substitute, give his side some breathing space with the second two minutes from full time.

Bangladesh’s first three points puts then second in the standings, one point behind leaders Palestine who played out a goalless draw with the Philippines in the earlier match on Wednesday.

Myanmar are anchored at the foot of the table with just one point but Milan Zivadinovic’s side are far from out of the reckoning.

With tournament regulations stipulating that “the greater number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned” is the first criteria to separate two or more teams with equal points, Myanmar will advance with a victory over Palestine on Friday.

The Philippines also need a victory to go through while a draw will be enough to see Bangladesh into next year’s finals.

Source
Old March 24, 2011, 11:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
Bangladesh 2-0 Myanmar
thanks for sharing. good to see finally we beat Myanmar since 2005!
Old March 25, 2011, 01:22 AM
Club Cricketer

Today : Bangladesh - Philippines

News about the match , poll , comments

www.filipinofootball.blogspot.com
Old March 25, 2011, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

LOL, we lost 0 - 3. No AFC for us.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old March 28, 2011, 03:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Kyano je amra amader daumheen soccer niye lapha-laphi kori ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 20, 2011, 01:23 AM
Cricket Savant

The Official everything about Bangladesh Football:

1) Can't run after the first 20 minutes.

2) Can't string together more than 3 consecutive passes.

3) Can't put it in the open net more than once in every 10 chances.

4) Can't help making loser foreign players look like world champions.

5) Can't help glorifying the alga-faggotry of "star" players like "Ameli" generation after loser generation.

Enough is enough. Use the money to feed somebody in TNT Bosti.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 21, 2011, 02:49 AM
Street Cricketer

bangladesh football federation has no planning of development for bangladesh soccer. They play international players in the domestic league and for that lots of bd players are sitted. We need to bring less international players and all mejor clubs should hire latino american or european coach. Bangladesh plays way less number of matches. It is not right. We should play as many matches as possible. If we can't get any match we should arrange one. we need to have good soccer team beside good cricket team.
Old April 22, 2011, 12:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Sohel Rana is the new Enamul who was the new "Ameli" who was the new "Afphaj". After moving to a bigger team next year, watch him become just as useless a finisher as someone from Feni Soccer or some other small club becomes the new Sohel Rana. The vicious cycle will continue until kingdom come.

Abandon soccer now!

Burn it all down, I say.
Old April 25, 2011, 12:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Old Dhaka neighborhood club Farashganj finally wins a trophy. Their first in 52 years. Must be celebrations galore around the Bahadur Shah park area by the river.
Old April 25, 2011, 02:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Old Dhaka neighborhood club Farashganj finally wins a trophy. Their first in 52 years. Must be celebrations galore around the Bahadur Shah park area by the river.
Farashganj

Glorious end to Farashganj's dream - DS Link

Victorious and overjoyed players of Farashganj SC pose with the Independence Cup trophy after beating Sheikh Russel KC in the final at the Bangabandhu National Stadium yesterday. Photo: Anisur Rahman
Old April 25, 2011, 09:00 AM
Cricket Savant

For those who don't know, Farashganj was the French Quarter of Dhaka.
Old May 1, 2011, 08:52 AM
Cricket Sage

'I am a technician, not a magician'

On April 30, 2011 Kazi Salahuddin completed his third year in a four-year term as president of the Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF). The legendary ex-striker for the national team had taken over in a blaze of glory, promising to 'take football from the tables to the ground and keep it rolling around the year.' Despite some visible improvements, the jury, however, is still out on his impact in moulding 'the beautiful game' in a country where it lags behind its more popular counterpart in cricket. But on the event of his third year anniversary, The Daily Star's Anisur Rahman and Quazi Zulquarnain Islam caught up with the president to discuss the last three years and what the future holds.

The Daily Star (DS): First of all, congratulations on completing three full years as BFF president. You will agree that these are exciting times for football?
Kazi Salahuddin (KS): Yes, indeed. Tomorrow (Saturday) we will complete the signing of the contract to bring Argentina and Nigeria to Dhaka to play an international friendly. It will be a tri-partite deal between the BFF, the Celebrity Management Group (CMG) and Beximco.

DS: Do you feel that bringing Argentina here represents a major coup for the BFF?
KS: I would like to think so. An international match of this magnitude in the country will definitely help pique the interest for the game amongst sports fans. As I said, that is the number one intention. Also, as per the terms of our deal with Beximco, any profit they make from this venture will be ploughed back into BFF for football development, and any losses will be covered by them. I feel that it is as good a deal as any I have struck so far and kudos to Beximco for that as well

DS: …it is interesting. On face value this looks like a great deal considering the difficulties the BFF have faced with sponsors so far.
KS: (sighs) you are right, finding sponsors have been our and personally my biggest challenge so far. People are screaming about so many things that have not been done and have not been completed. Every day I see people on talk shows giving me theoretical suggestions on how to do what. I tell you that I know how football works. I have a vision but the challenge is getting someone else on board with resources to fund that vision. That is the hardest task and no one has been able to give me a solution to that problem. But hopefully things will be brighter from now on.

DS: … with the Grameenphone deal in the offing?
KS: Yes, we have almost ironed out all the details regarding that deal. We should be signing it soon enough. Also we now have Beximco on board as well. I feel that with such dedicated sponsors we can bring football forward and, to pre-empt a question I know you will ask, target grassroots development.

DS: So you agree that grassroots development has not been executed as well as you would have liked? The DFA's for example are not yet active and the Pioneer League has just taken place once in your three years…
KS: …but it has taken place, no? The key here is to understand that everything is tied into money. I would like to do so many things, but finding the sponsors to fund that has been difficult. About the DFA's, it is true that we have not mobilized them effectively but sometimes you need to look at them too and say that they could do more. I have consistently funded the DFA's and I have doubly rewarded associations who have organised tournaments in their own endeavour. With the Pioneer League, it has happened once and I am confident that we can continue it in the future. The same with the National School Championships. We have completed the Dhaka Metropolitan zone and now we will roll it out to the country.

DS: And there are questions too about the Sylhet academy, which despite permission from the government has not yet been made active…
KS: True, but there are a number of things there that need to be worked out. Some infrastructural and technical issues. It should be up and running by September.

DS: So would you say your work in strengthening structure has not been completely satisfactory?
KS: I see half a glass of water. So is the glass half-full or half-empty? You tell me? Personally, I think it is half-full and that is the way I have always looked at things.

DS: One thing that has happened in your tenure is that the Bangladesh League and Federation Cup have been held regularly. Would you define that as success?
KS: Absolutely. We have regularised football and made it year-round. Players are now earning more money and clubs are being rewarded like never before. I personally made sure that clubs get appearance money for tournaments as well as gate money from their 'home' matches in the Bangladesh League. This is an unprecedented step in Bangladesh football and I think it should incentivise the clubs to move forward, because we do feel that a club structure is necessary to make progress.

DS: What about the Super Cup. It stopped after that money-spinning first edition.
KS: Where did it stop? [DS: …it hasn't happened after the first edition?] KS: That is due to the fact that the sponsors backed out initially. I still brokered another deal but then we had issues with the Bangabandhu stadium. No sponsor was interested to host the tournament at Kamalapur and also there was very little interest from clubs as well. But the second edition is just around the corner. The latest will be June.

DS: That aside, there is still a problem with structure related to the league. What happens to clubs like Beanibazar who get relegated? They fall into a vacuum.
KS: True, but plans are underway to get an 8 team second tier league going. We will have teams like Beanibazar and Shukhtara playing in that league along with the First Division Champions, and the Under 18 team we are in the process of creating. I have also sent out invitations for a few more clubs to come forward to participate.

DS: So would you personally define your time as BFF supremo a success?
KS: (laughs)… is that not for you to decide? Give me a rating and I will accept it. Personally though I am a greedy person; greedy for success. I am my biggest critic. I have been like this ever since I played football, when even if I had scored a hattrick, I felt I could have done more. It is the same here. Things have been done, many positive things. But wholesale change needs more time and dedicated sponsors. As I have said, I am a technician, not a magician.

DS: …and do you feel you have had adequate support in your endeavours from your committees?
KS: I will just say that in many regards, the coordination between committees could have been much better.

DS: What does the future hold for Kazi Salahuddin?
KS: I will definitely run for another term for president. Provided the voters want me, I will try to come in and complete the reforms that I have started. At this stage, I feel like we have laid the groundwork to show young people that football is a viable career alternative. There is more money in the game than ever before as well. Now comes the sweeping changes in the grassroots. I feel that I can give football a platform from where it can pick itself up and move forward

Source: DS

We need someone like him in BCB, someone who actually cares.
Old May 17, 2011, 04:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Old May 17, 2011, 04:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Argentina in Dhaka closer to reality
Sports Reporter
The dream of a hundred million Bangladeshi's looks one step closer to reality as the Argentina Football Federation (AFA) released fixtures confirming a friendly against Nigeria to be held on September 6 in Bangladesh.

The Albiceleste have a busy few months ahead with the Copa America sandwiched in between two tours. The first of these tours will see Sergio Batista's charges travel to Abuja on June 1 to play Nigeria before going on to Warsaw on June 5. They will return to Argentina to play Albania in a friendly on June 20, just ahead of the Copa America.

Following South America's showpiece tournament, Argentina will hit the road again with Bucharest and Romania up in August 10 before coming to the South Asia leg of the tour to face Venezuela in Kolkata on September 2 and Nigeria again in Dhaka on September 6.

The Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) confirmed late last month that Argentina and Nigeria would play a friendly in Dhaka. This will be first such high profile match to be held in Bangladesh and fans are expectant and are set to queue up in droves to catch a glimpse of Lionel Messi and company.

Beximco will sponsor the event while the BFF used a firm, Celebrity Management Group (CMG) to broker the deal for the game.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=186127
Old May 17, 2011, 04:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

It seems like he cares for Bangladesh Football (i think)...
----------------------

অল্প স্বল্প
‘ওরা এ দেশের ফুটবলকে হত্যা করছে’

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ১৮-০৫-২০১১

আলী আকবর পোরমুসলিমি

পরশু রহমতগঞ্জের কাছে হারের পর ক্ষুব্ধ ছিলেন রেফারিং নিয়ে। বাজে রেফারিং এবং নিম্নমানের বিদেশির হাতে বাংলাদেশের ফুটবলকে জিম্মি দেখছেন আবাহনীর ইরানি কোচ আলী আকবর পোরমুসলিমি। ধানমন্ডির বাসায় বসে কাল এ নিয়ে কথা বলার সময় উঠে এল আরও কিছু প্রসঙ্গ

 কাল (পরশু) মাঠে ক্ষুব্ধ দেখাচ্ছিল আপনাকে। ক্ষোভ কি একটু কমেছে?
আলী আকবর পোরমুসলিমি: (স্মিত হাসি) ক্ষোভ তো আছেই। ওটা সহজে যাবে না। আসলে বাজে রেফারিং এক দিন হলে এক কথা, এটা নিয়মিতই হচ্ছে।
 বাংলাদেশের ফুটবলে রেফারিং নিয়ে অভিযোগ এখন অনেক কমে গেছে। তার পরও আপনার চোখে কোনটা আলাদা চোখে পড়েছে?
আলী আকবর: বাংলাদেশের রেফারিরা চোখ থাকতেও অন্ধ। একজন খেলোয়াড়কে মারতে মারতে শেষ করে ফেলছে, তাদের পকেট থেকে কার্ড বেরোয় না। কাল রহমতগঞ্জের খেলোয়াড়েরা আমার খেলোয়াড়দের এলোপাতাড়ি মারল, ভালো রেফারিং হলে অন্তত তিন-চারটা লাল কার্ড হয়। অথচ রেফারি মহাশয় মাত্র একটি হলুদ কার্ড দেখিয়েছেন।
 তার পরও রেফারি হলেন সর্বোচ্চ বিচারক। এটা তো মানবেন?
আলী আকবর: মানছি। কিন্তু এভাবে বাংলাদেশের ফুটবল এগোবে না এক পা-ও। আমি তো চলে যাব, কিন্তু ভুক্তভোগী হবে এ দেশের ফুটবলই। দেখুন, বড় শরীরের কিছু আফ্রিকান খেলোয়াড় খেলছে, দু-একজন বাদে এদের স্কিল বলতে কিছু নেই। শারীরিক শক্তি কাজে লাগিয়ে মাঠে যা খুশি করে। আমি তো বলব, ওরা (রেফারি এবং বিদেশি ফুটবলাররা) এ দেশের ফুটবলকে হত্যা করছে।
 কোনো উদাহরণ কি দিতে পারেন?
আলী আকবর: এই সেদিন (১৩ মে) চট্টগ্রাম মোহামেডানের আফ্রিকানরা আমার খেলোয়াড়দের মেরে শেষ করে দিল। আমার আনা ইরানি খেলোয়াড় সেজাদি ওই দিনই প্রথম নেমে নাক-টাক ফাটিয়ে একাকার অবস্থা। ওকে হাসপাতালে পর্যন্ত যেতে হয়েছে মাঠ থেকে।
 ফুটবল মাঠে এমনটা হতেই পারে। আপনি এত বড় করে দেখছেন কেন?
আলী আকবর: স্কিলফুল বিদেশি এলেই না এখানকার তরুণেরা শিখতে পারবে। সেজাদি ইরান জাতীয় দলে খেলেছে। ওকে এখানে এনে আমিই তো তাজ্জব বনে গেছি। রেফারির উচিত ভালো ফুটবলারদের নিরাপত্তা দেওয়া।
 আপনার দল শিরোপা লড়াই থেকে পিছিয়ে পড়েছে। কার্যত ৬ পয়েন্ট ব্যবধান মুক্তিযোদ্ধার সঙ্গে। আপনার অভিযোগটাকে অনেকে তো অজুহাতও বলতে পারেন...
আলী আকবর: অজুহাত দিচ্ছি না। এ দেশে ফুটবলের নামে আসলে কোনো খেলাই হচ্ছে না। ভালো ফুটবল হলে লোকে মাঠে আসবে। এখন যে ফাঁকা গ্যালারি দেখছি, এটা নেতিবাচক ফুটবলের কারণেই। তা ছাড়া ম্যাচের মধ্যে এত সময় নষ্ট করা আমি আর কোথাও দেখিনি। এটা বাংলাদেশেই সম্ভব।
 তাহলে তো নেতিবাচক প্রভাব পড়ছে দেশের সামগ্রিক ফুটবলের ওপরই। আপনার কী ধারণা?
আলী আকবর: তা তো অবশ্যই। স্থানীয় খেলোয়াড়দের পারফরম্যান্সের উন্নতি হচ্ছে না। বড় ক্ষতিটা সইতে হবে জাতীয় দলকেই। ঘরোয়া ফুটবলে যত দিন পর্যন্ত দলগুলো সুন্দর ফুটবল খেলার চেষ্টা না করবে, তত দিন জাতীয় দলের উন্নতি হবে না।
 এমনিতে বাংলাদেশের স্থানীয় ফুটবলারদের কেমন দেখছেন?
আলী আকবর: স্থানীয় ফুটবলাররা সেভাবে মোটিভেটেড নয়। অনেক মৌলিক সমস্যা আছে। এগুলো কাটিয়ে ওঠা সম্ভব। কিন্তু বাজে রেফারিং আর নিম্নমানের বিদেশিমুক্ত না হলে বিপদ আছে সামনে।
 ক্লাব-ব্যবস্থাপনা কেমন দেখছেন। বিশেষ করে আবাহনী?
আলী আকবর: ক্লাব-ব্যবস্থাপনা ভালোই বলব। আবাহনীর কর্মকর্তারা যথেষ্ট আন্তরিক। সব চাহিদা সময়মতো মেটাচ্ছেন। বিদেশিদের প্রচুর টাকা দিচ্ছেন। এ দিক থেকে ঠিকই আছে। কিন্তু খেলাটা তো মাঠে। যেখানে অনেক দলই ফুটবলটা খেলে না। প্রতিপক্ষ খেলোয়াড়ের হাড়গোড় ভাঙার নাম তো ফুটবল নয়।
(Source: http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...18/news/155202)
Old June 2, 2011, 02:36 PM
Street Cricketer

This one is from New Age
Rubcic leaves quietly
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font

Staff Correspondent

Frustrated at being unpaid for months the Croatian coach of the Bangladesh national football team, Robert Rubcic, quietly left Dhaka, sources within the Bangladesh Football Federation said on Thursday.

The BFF reportedly did not pay Rubcic his salary for the last the last three months, which sources said left the coach heavily frustrated. The BFF also allegedly did not pay his food and accommodation alowances for the last six months.

Rubcic returned Dhaka on May 6 after a month-long vacation at home and was waiting for the BFF officials to clear his dues. But the federation high-ups left Dhaka to attend the FIFA congress without resolving the issue which only added to his frustration.

The BFF officials, who are now in Dhaka, had no idea about his situation and thus they refrained from making any comments.

His sudden decision to

leave the country has put Bangladesh’s preparations for the two-leg World Cup pre-qualifiers against Pakistan in jeopardy with only four weeks remaining for the crunch matches.

The national team management committee has already named a 27-member provisional squad for the June 29 and July 3 matches. The provisional squad included a Danish footballer of Bangladeshi origin, who was to face trial before Rubcic.

His one-year contract with the BFF is due to expire on September 1.
Old June 2, 2011, 06:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

What the hell man. Why the F are you not paying the man!? I mean, why hire him then? He should of left 6 months ago when they stopped giving his living allowance. Morons. One step forward, a gazillion back.
Old June 5, 2011, 04:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

This is the condition of BFF. How is it possibile improving the standard of Bangladesh football. It is really a miserable news.
Old June 5, 2011, 09:20 PM
Cricket Savant

This comes as no surprise. The fact that some are still indignant about what has become a BFF tradition does,
Old June 6, 2011, 04:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Football: a Passion, a Culture - by AANTAKI RAISA
DS article - http://www.thedailystar.net/magazine...6/01/sport.htm