facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 31, 2007, 05:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan

Hope he finds a higher ground!
[/B]
what is so poignant about that picture is the expression he wears on his face. he appears to be smiling against all this adversity. how stoical is the nature of man.

Old July 31, 2007, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Khaleda pays Tk 33 lakh tax on undeclared money
UNB, Dhaka

Immediate-past prime minister and BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia today paid Tk 33 lakh tax on undeclared money to the National Board of Revenue (NBR). A senior NBR official confirmed this evening that Khaleda Zia declared her money by paying Tk 33 lakh as tax.
“She directly deposited the money to the Bangladesh Bank and sent a copy of her statement to the NBR through courier service today,” he said.
The BNP chairperson is among those who availed of the last-minute chance before the expiry of the amnesty.
About the maintained proceedings of the former premier to declare her untaxed money legal, he said, there is nothing illegal about this type of payment--anyone can do this.
But he declined to give details about Khaleda’s total untaxed money declared today.
Source: from DS latest news section.

I have seen so many people who say Khaleda Zia did not do corruption, only his son and relatives did. How do you explain this?
Old July 31, 2007, 01:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
Source: from DS latest news section.

I have seen so many people who say Khaleda Zia did not do corruption, only his son and relatives did. How do you explain this?

from a legal perspective the amnesty and paying off the money owed means she has not committed any crime. however, just the fact that there was an amnesty and she delayed paying what was due to the taxman shows a criminal intent.
Old July 31, 2007, 02:35 PM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
..however, just the fact that there was an amnesty and she delayed paying what was due to the taxman shows a criminal intent.
I'd be reluctant to call it such. She did have some (quite a bit of money) undeclared money and / or valuables for quite some time. That is good enough for me to say that she does not have the moral and ethical standard that is expected of a Prime Minister.

Having said that, I'll give her full credit for this smart move. However whether this will save her in the end remains to be seen.
Old July 31, 2007, 05:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman
I'd be reluctant to call it such. She did have some (quite a bit of money) undeclared money and / or valuables for quite some time. That is good enough for me to say that she does not have the moral and ethical standard that is expected of a Prime Minister.

Having said that, I'll give her full credit for this smart move. However whether this will save her in the end remains to be seen.
Didn't the NBR or ACC say that they won't allow the corruption suspects to whiten money... especially the top 100. I remember reading it DS, too lazy to dig it up. It was published when CTG decided to keep the money whitening provision alive.

I just read from Prothom alo, that khaleda and saifur was not that list of corruption suspect...
Old July 31, 2007, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

where does the tax money go after it has been paid into a bank?
Old August 1, 2007, 01:41 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
from a legal perspective the amnesty and paying off the money owed means she has not committed any crime. however, just the fact that there was an amnesty and she delayed paying what was due to the taxman shows a criminal intent.
True that. Also, amnesty itself is defined as "a period during which offenders are exempt from punishment" - i.e. the concept of wrongful doing is inherent in the concept.

Shameless woman. But then I guess just like most other kolonkito political leaders, shame is a commodity in short supply in the Zia household.
Old August 1, 2007, 08:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
True that. Also, amnesty itself is defined as "a period during which offenders are exempt from punishment" - i.e. the concept of wrongful doing is inherent in the concept.

Shameless woman. But then I guess just like most other kolonkito political leaders, shame is a commodity in short supply in the Zia household.
perhaps i left bangladesh too early in my life to understand such intricacies but it puzzles me, how can any politician or corrupt official sleep at night after such gross misconduct. perhaps they don't see the curruption as misconduct after all. i have much sympathy with the lowly paid worker taking a little money if that means paying his children's school fees or to put food on the table, however, someone who is already extremely wealthy have no such excuses.
Old August 1, 2007, 08:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
perhaps i left bangladesh too early in my life to understand such intricacies but it puzzles me, how can any politician or corrupt official sleep at night after such gross misconduct. perhaps they don't see the curruption as misconduct after all. i have much sympathy with the lowly paid worker taking a little money if that means paying his children's school fees or to put food on the table, however, someone who is already extremely wealthy have no such excuses.
Easy. Zero Moral Foundation. Corruption and greed, especially amongst the powerful and wealthy, are symbiotic symptoms of that ZMF virus. Ershad's regime became the incubus of this particular viral infection that became a plague over the last 15 years in particular. Ershad required BDT 3,000,000 plus percentage to get big things done, always out of the public eye. The first BNP mockery required the same plus a higher percentage. The BAL mockery required USD 3,000,000 plus percentage. The last and final BNP fiefdom upped it to USD 30,000,000 plus higher percentage.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; October 20, 2007 at 04:52 AM..
Old August 1, 2007, 10:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Easy. Zero Moral Foundation. Corruption and greed, especially amongst the powerful and wealthy, are symbiotic symptoms of that ZMF virus. Ershad's regime became the incubus of this particular viral infection that became a plague over the last 15 years in particular. Ershad required BDT 3,000,000 plus percentage to get big things done, always out of the public eye. The first BNP mockery required the same plus a higher percentage. The BAL mockery required USD 3,000,000 plus percentage. The last and final BNP fiefdom upped it to USD 30,000,000 plus higher percentage.
given such blatant disregard for the public purse and personal morality, do the general public know about these midemeanours? are the newsmedia reporting these cases now that those leaders are no longer in power?

given the gravity of such gross misconduct, especially, if it is universally known, i am not surprised that the politicians and former leaders so despised.
Old August 1, 2007, 10:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
given such blatant disregard for the public purse and personal morality, do the general public know about these midemeanours? are the newsmedia reporting these cases now that those leaders are no longer in power?

given the gravity of such gross misconduct, especially, if it is universally known, i am not surprised that the politicians and former leaders so despised.
They do, and BNP/BAL/JIB (for a somewhat different reason, namely sedition)/ and BJP are finished. What happened on 1/11 is nothing short of a revolution.

The news media is an active source of information for the CTG leading the revolution.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; October 20, 2007 at 04:52 AM..
Old August 1, 2007, 02:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Since my main line of work is auditing fraud in US, allow me to explain few things.

1) The criminals (nursing home owners, doctors, pharmacuetical companies, therapists, hospitals, health care providers, etc.) mostly don't see cheating/fraud as a wrong doing. Most of the time they think they are just taking advantage of the current rules that Department of Health services. In their eyes they are not doing anything wrong. Be it upcoding, double dipping, real-estate gain (Nursing home owners), or just not providing the services.

2. Greed. You steal $10. you get away with it. Then $20. Then $40. You still get away with it. Thinking no one is watching. You try to steal $millions$. You get caught.

3. Govt. is the big bad wolf. We pay enough taxes. Stealing/not paying the govt is justifiable.

4. Drugs. Narcotics can make people do things they wouldn't do in the first place. Doctors would over prescribe, Nurses would steal, Junkies would form rings.

++++++

Our politicians are similar and they have few more characteristics.

5. Bribe. Be it to be nominated by the party, or to give out projects to companies or individuals.

6. Payback. I have given up 5 crore to get a seat for 4 years in the parlament. By hook or by crook I would make sure I get back 10 crore or more.
Old August 1, 2007, 05:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Since my main line of work is auditing fraud in US, allow me to explain few things.

1) The criminals (nursing home owners, doctors, pharmacuetical companies, therapists, hospitals, health care providers, etc.) mostly don't see cheating/fraud as a wrong doing. Most of the time they think they are just taking advantage of the current rules that Department of Health services. In their eyes they are not doing anything wrong. Be it upcoding, double dipping, real-estate gain (Nursing home owners), or just not providing the services.

2. Greed. You steal $10. you get away with it. Then $20. Then $40. You still get away with it. Thinking no one is watching. You try to steal $millions$. You get caught.

3. Govt. is the big bad wolf. We pay enough taxes. Stealing/not paying the govt is justifiable.

4. Drugs. Narcotics can make people do things they wouldn't do in the first place. Doctors would over prescribe, Nurses would steal, Junkies would form rings.

++++++

Our politicians are similar and they have few more characteristics.

5. Bribe. Be it to be nominated by the party, or to give out projects to companies or individuals.

6. Payback. I have given up 5 crore to get a seat for 4 years in the parlament. By hook or by crook I would make sure I get back 10 crore or more.
You need to come back now. The country needs you.

Last edited by Sohel; August 1, 2007 at 07:57 PM..
Old August 1, 2007, 07:47 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman

Seems like the chunnis attempts has hit a snag:
[[-----
The National Board of Revenue has refused to accept BNP chief Khaleda Zia's application to pay income tax on her undisclosed money on the grounds that she had not followed a proper procedure.

"She tried to legalise the money without following the process in accordance with the income tax ordinance. She did not even fill out the prescribed form of NBR," NBR chairman Badiur Rahman told reporters Wednesday.

"She also did not submit income tax returns. In this situation, the means to legalise her undisclosed money is not acceptable," he added.

Khaleda's lawyer Ahmed Azam Khan told bdnews24.com Wednesday she had legalised Tk 1.33 crore Tuesday by paying Tk 33.37 lakh in tax. ----]]

http://www.bdnews24.com/details.php?...=16441#tp16450
Old August 1, 2007, 07:53 PM

Bhalo hoise. For once bureaucracy is messing her up. Tk.1.33 cr tar pocket'e ashche keme? baaper kon jomi bikri kore eto taka paise? Prodhan Montrir beton 10 bochhor'e jog korleo to 1 kotir dhaarer kaseo jay na!

Nirlojjo bibekheen joghonno bheja beral shobgula.
Old August 1, 2007, 08:00 PM
Cricket Savant

XPMs = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:T...WhiteBread.jpg
ACC = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:A_Toaster.jpg

Last edited by Sohel; August 1, 2007 at 08:05 PM..
Old August 1, 2007, 09:43 PM
Test Cricketer

This is au-ami league website link

http://www.albd.org/autoalbd/index.php

What is missing in this web site?
Old August 1, 2007, 09:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Bhalo hoise. For once bureaucracy is messing her up. Tk.1.33 cr tar pocket'e ashche keme? baaper kon jomi bikri kore eto taka paise? Prodhan Montrir beton 10 bochhor'e jog korleo to 1 kotir dhaarer kaseo jay na!

15 bochor 15 hajar taka mashe: 15*12*15 = 27 lakhs
tarpor she has a bari that she rents out in Dhanmondi: Which could over the years have fetched 50 lakhs. Making the net total 77 lkhs.
The rest could be interest from putting the money in banks.
Old August 1, 2007, 09:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark

Kar upore eto kheplen? Namta bollenna...
Old August 1, 2007, 10:13 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
tarpor she has a bari that she rents out in Dhanmondi: Which could over the years have fetched 50 lakhs. Making the net total 77 lkhs.
You're right, our bad. Amra ki boka. Amra to bhulei giyechilam je uni superwoman. Khawa dawa lage na, kapor chopor lage na, emoni mohamanobi uni - taka khoroch hobe kothae! Othoba, hoito bhoktorai rekhe jai shob kichu, unar ar kichu kina lage na. Jottoshob..

Quote:
This is au-ami league website link
http://www.albd.org/autoalbd/index.php
What is missing in this web site?
Public-er poisa churi kore ki fatafati website banaise re.. No wait, my bad, eitao to bhoktor pro bono kaaj!

Last edited by Ubiquitous; August 1, 2007 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: typo
Old August 1, 2007, 10:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
Where does she get her makeup and those nice saris from if she is saving all her income in the bank?
Old August 1, 2007, 11:43 PM
Cricket Legend

hasina's bail order stayed until August 14th by SC

In another SC verdict, all floors above the 6th floor of Rangs Bhaban was ordered to be demolished. I hoping that the whole building will be demolished and new road will be built there

Source: DS latest news
Old August 2, 2007, 12:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Where does she get her makeup and those nice saris from if she is saving all her income in the bank?
Bongobondhu'r konna hoilo bongokonna. New Market, Gausia, Chadnichauk, arr Eastern Plaza'r shob dokan daar taake nijer konna bhebe eigula upohar hishabe daye.

Same goes for Khaleda apu though. Except that Khaleda apu is not a bongokonna, but she's the friend of bongokonna.
Old August 2, 2007, 12:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
On a more serious note, apni Hasina apu'r private bepar shepar niye matha ghamaben keno? Chi chi chi...lojjar bishoy.
Old August 2, 2007, 01:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Mind you she also has two rich sons, and many wellwishers. Oh and I forgot she also gets some sort of allowance from her party.