facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 26, 2023, 01:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
More drama is brewing between Shakib and Tamim ahead of the WC.
Shakib wants to step down as captain because of tamims inclusion. I think this is going out of hand.

Hasina should have never gotten involved on tamims ODI retirement drama. To think he was captain up until that point is mind boggling.

I hope tanzid does well today to get the inclusion and well in warm up.

Sad part is amid all the drama all these younger are getting so many chances and they are blowing it. How sad for our cricket. Ultimately it's performance that matters.

Look at shanto. We maybe all drama filled but performance is always valued first.

Old September 26, 2023, 01:26 AM
Cricket Legend

I better not see one score of 30/3 in this world cup. Or 3 rpo in a 400 runs pitch.
Old September 26, 2023, 09:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

T: The Bangladesh team will leave the country for the World Cup on Wednesday (September 27) afternoon. However, the final squad for the World Cup has not been announced yet. Before the announcement of the team, the news of Shakib-Tamim conflict is heard again.

The two were once close friends. But now there is no such relationship. There are many reports of their conflicts in the media at various times. But the two superstars of the country's cricket said that the conflict will not affect the team. However, before the World Cup, the conflict between the two former friends is at an extreme again, according to various BCB sources.

Tamim returned to the national team with the New Zealand series after retirement. Although he did not get a chance to bat in the first ODI, he played an innings of 44 runs in the second match. After the match, he talked about his fitness. He said that he is still not 100% fit.

According to various sources, Tamim spoke to the BCB president after the match. He said that he will play a maximum of five matches in the World Cup. But according to the schedule, Bangladesh has to play at least 9 matches in the World Cup. Shakib Al Hasan, the captain of three formats, was shocked to hear such a condition of the team's star batsman.

Shakib told the BCB president that he will not play in the World Cup if that happens. After knowing this, Tamim also said that he does not want to play in the World Cup. BCB president Nazmul Hasan Papon faced an uncomfortable situation. Former captain Mashrafe bin Mortaza approached for help.

The BCB boss asked to address the issue by talking to the two cricketers. Mashrafe, who is busy in election work, is returning to Dhaka. If this conflict between Shakib-Tamim is true, the Bangladesh Cricket Board may be in a difficult situation before the World Cup. But in the end it is a matter of seeing how far the water will go.
Old September 26, 2023, 09:26 AM
Test Cricketer

And this is exactly how Soumya Sarker makes yet another CWC squad.

Better yet why don't we get our PM to pick the starting lineup for each game?
Old September 26, 2023, 09:31 AM
Test Cricketer

If this news report is true ---

Why is it even being called a Sakib-Tamim drama? Tamim is objectively in the wrong here. And he should be fighting against the entire team selection. Why should they pick a player to play 5 games? Which 5 games will he play? The big games where our chances are low already or the comparatively easier ones? Why pick someone to only play easier games?

Besides, are we supposed to just add another opener just for 4 games and sacrifice an entire slot of player for it? This is ridiculous
Old September 26, 2023, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Hopefully bcb does the most graceful thing and for the first time in history of bd cricket, gives Tamim a proper farewell after the WC ends. Give him a series to play his last game for bd. Cause even a guy like mashrafee didn't get it
Old September 26, 2023, 10:49 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Half fit tamim > Naim shekh, Liton, Soumya, afif, shamim, Tanzid, Zakir. So while I understand the decision from a fitness point of view, I can't help but think this weakens our squad. Against high quality attacks, we needed his experience at the top.
Old September 26, 2023, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Hopefully bcb does the most graceful thing and for the first time in history of bd cricket, gives Tamim a proper farewell after the WC ends. Give him a series to play his last game for bd. Cause even a guy like mashrafee didn't get it
Oh please. Mashrafee got to lead a world cup squad that he was unfit to play in. Only in bangladesh its possible.

Unfortunately for tamim he doesn't pull that much weight like mashrafee in terms of bringing team together . So this disagreement with his inclusion and expected special treatment isn't good for team building.

I thibk tamim should be included and shakib should show some grace and character. Eventhough I agree with shakib that it makes no sense to include an unfit player but brother needs to read the room here.
Crippled Mashrafee got to play the last wc also..he was hailed as hero.

Ain't no one going against hasinas first choice. Now it wpuld have been upsetting if he is taken at expense of some great opener we got but that's not the case...
Old September 26, 2023, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Half fit tamim > Naim shekh, Liton, Soumya, afif, shamim, Tanzid, Zakir. So while I understand the decision from a fitness point of view, I can't help but think this weakens our squad. Against high quality attacks, we needed his experience at the top.
Agreed. His anchor role is actually needed. If he can support liton and shanto to play naturally ... it's good enogh for now. I actually thibk we have a good world cup squad unlike most of you. But this f*** up team dynamics is no good. .. need to fight for ur country and bring that x factor for wc. We are dangerous in major events when we do well at beginning of game.. everyone elevates their game a notch.
Old September 26, 2023, 11:22 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

I ask bcb to monitor shakib jnr in Pak match..make sure he does not sing Pak sar jamin sad bad with Pakistan players
Old September 26, 2023, 11:26 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Oh please. Mashrafee got to lead a world cup squad that he was unfit to play in. Only in bangladesh its possible.

Unfortunately for tamim he doesn't pull that much weight like mashrafee in terms of bringing team together . So this disagreement with his inclusion and expected special treatment isn't good for team building.

I thibk tamim should be included and shakib should show some grace and character. Eventhough I agree with shakib that it makes no sense to include an unfit player but brother needs to read the room here.
Crippled Mashrafee got to play the last wc also..he was hailed as hero.

Ain't no one going against hasinas first choice. Now it wpuld have been upsetting if he is taken at expense of some great opener we got but that's not the case...
With tamim in the squad who do you drop..who do you play in the other 4 games? Tamim can't play all 9 games like mashrafee as mashrafe as a bowler was hiding behind the match situations..but tamim will go open the innings, there is no hiding there. What if after first match his injury aggrievate and he can't play the next 5 match..what will we do then?
Old September 26, 2023, 12:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
In a regular bilateral series I totally agree.

In a World Cup, no. Tamim in WCs is just the same as those clowns and cannot handle the pressure. He himself admit he hasn't been able to give a memorable performance, bar his 07 one, and this is while he was fit. If you notice with Tamim, he miraculously finds his form AFTER a disappointing WC (2011 -> finds it in 2012 Asia Cup, 2015 -> finds in Pak series, 2019 -> b2b centuries in following Zim series lol).

I don't blame Shakib for not wanting a half-fit Tamim. He gave a Man of the Tournament worthy performance in 2019 only to be let down by a team with 2 seniors carrying injuries that had no business being the in the squad (Mash and then revealed Riyad) and Tamim going awol as usual.
Old September 26, 2023, 06:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Same old story, openers fail as expected and we lose 2-3 very early wickets and have a snail pace mandatory power play. which puts pressure on our middle order to adjust the run rate in the middle overs and yet again we collapse.

I had very high expectations this world cup for the Tamim-Litton pairing. But it'll be the same old Bangladesh we know now.
Old September 26, 2023, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

form dailystar
Quote:
Maybe some of those questions of the curious cricket fans and media personnel will be answered when Tamim speaks up, as the 34-year-old left-handed batter confirmed to The Daily Star yesterday that he would provide his own statement regarding the incident.
LOL. this guy. Why do we need to hear his side exactly?

Tamim, we love you and you are a hero to us and you deserve to be treated with utmost respect. However, you are severely lacking emotional maturity. You do not need validation. Your bat has done that for over 20 years. Keep your head held high. Go to India and cheer the team from sideline instead.

having said the above, I still feel we are missing out on Tamim. Maybe he should have been accommodated somehow.
Old September 26, 2023, 11:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
having said the above, I still feel we are missing out on Tamim. Maybe he should have been accommodated somehow.
Tbf - if Tamim had said he just wanted to play 5 matches it shows lack of sincerity and drive from his end.

It's the world cup in the only format Bangladesh is somewhat average at, not gully cricket. He is going to India to play the world cup, to represent us in the CWC and not for an all expenses paid vacation.

I think most Bangladeshi senior players lack emotional maturity, but Shakib is completely justified in his anger at a statement like that.

If you are a professional athlete playing at the absolute top level of your sport, you give it 100% or don't bother.
Old September 26, 2023, 11:44 PM
Test Cricketer

The reason India won in '83 and Sri Lanka in '96 shocking the world is because despite being underdogs they had a strong will and determination to win the cup, a unified team with a strong leader.

We have always lacked that drive, specially our seniors who just seem all too happy to just accept mediocrity. They are all getting foreign franchise contracts and living like a rockstar in Bangladesh as is.
Old September 27, 2023, 02:35 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

What a well wisher of BD cricket team, he could not wait untill the WC was over before creating more drama. this drag queen has done nothing but harm since the afgan series
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (38.2 KB, 118 views)
Old September 27, 2023, 02:57 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Sri Lanka announced a 15-man squad and an additional traveling reserve https://srilankacricket.lk/2023/09/s...orld-cup-2023/

England has Jofra Archer - who is recovering from an injury - as a traveling reserve.

This begs the question: why couldn't they include Tamim as a traveling reserve? He could continue his training and rehab during the coming weeks.
Old September 27, 2023, 06:25 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

The sad thing for us is that we have to keep going back to the seniors for performances with the bat. The juniors now have had plenty of time to perform and cement their position as openers and as no. 7. Unfortunately we couldnt find a single replacement over all this time and we are now still going with a rookie opener and a 37 yr old no. 7.

On the other hand our bowlers are doing a fantastic job for many years now. I am confident if we score anything above par for the ground, our bowlers will put up a strong fight to defend it, as they have done, in the recent past.

If we rely on seniors to win us knockout/crunch games, it won't happen because they simply have too much mental baggage (especially from losing close matches to India). 3-4 of the young guys like Shanto, Shoriful, Miraz needs to have a stellar tournament alongside shak, mushy and ryad to take us over the line and go far in this WC.
Old September 27, 2023, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

https://youtu.be/zAsqjUGnLe0?si=oiNO5dOUCtStVzEH

I have no doubt tamim worked really hard past few months trying to get selected for the WC. I think he needs mental therapy. He should have been selected for 15 squad. But he has to understand that he may not get playing 11 everytime.

I thibk they wanna open with miraz against Afghanistan to counter their spinners. In that case tamim wouldn't be selected. But tamim is vital in games against other teams where bowlers will be bowling at 145 kph and swinging.

He feels short changed but I think he could have handled this much better imo. He definitely needs therapy. But I have no doubt of his work ethic and his love for the country. He is a patriot. And I wish he was in the team and i still think bd team would have been much stronger with him specially against tougher opposition.

I don't thibk dropping him against Afghanistan and opening with miraz would have been a bad idea. But regardless of how miraz performs he needed to go back to his 7th position in subsequent matches and tamim would get in.

Obviously someone in middle would have to give away the spot ... every game doesn't have to have to same 11.

His mistake is believing he is so senior that he must get a spot in 11 when he can.

I will miss him in this world cup.

Suggestion that he can play in middle is idiotic but the message wasn't relayed properly... he doesn't have a spot against Afghanistan in their game plan. Simple.
Old September 27, 2023, 08:32 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

That suggestion that we play the greatest opener in our history in the middle or late order is so idiotic. I am guessing chacha because i can't think anyone else this moronic
Old September 27, 2023, 09:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Other teams are missing much more bigger stars than Tamim. Tamim I don't think would make much difference in the WC. Also he is a drama queen, and would've created more drama during the tournament.
Old September 27, 2023, 09:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
On the other hand our bowlers are doing a fantastic job for many years now. I am confident if we score anything above par for the ground, our bowlers will put up a strong fight to defend it, as they have done, in the recent past.
I'd like to see us get better (significantly) in fielding too. It has been atrocious in Asia Cup.
Old September 27, 2023, 09:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Is anyone else tired of BD cricket. I was quite excited for this WC, now I don't even feel like following BD cricket during this WC. Might just end up following team Ind and the Kiwis to see how far they go
Old September 27, 2023, 09:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
https://youtu.be/zAsqjUGnLe0?si=oiNO5dOUCtStVzEH

I have no doubt tamim worked really hard past few months trying to get selected for the WC. I think he needs mental therapy. He should have been selected for 15 squad. But he has to understand that he may not get playing 11 everytime.

I thibk they wanna open with miraz against Afghanistan to counter their spinners. In that case tamim wouldn't be selected. But tamim is vital in games against other teams where bowlers will be bowling at 145 kph and swinging.

He feels short changed but I think he could have handled this much better imo. He definitely needs therapy. But I have no doubt of his work ethic and his love for the country. He is a patriot. And I wish he was in the team and i still think bd team would have been much stronger with him specially against tougher opposition.

I don't thibk dropping him against Afghanistan and opening with miraz would have been a bad idea. But regardless of how miraz performs he needed to go back to his 7th position in subsequent matches and tamim would get in.

Obviously someone in middle would have to give away the spot ... every game doesn't have to have to same 11.

His mistake is believing he is so senior that he must get a spot in 11 when he can.

I will miss him in this world cup.

Suggestion that he can play in middle is idiotic but the message wasn't relayed properly... he doesn't have a spot against Afghanistan in their game plan. Simple.
It seems like Tamim wanted to play the matches in his own term but the selectors were looking at potentially benching him for some games and utilizing Tamim however they saw fit. I can understand why they wouldn't want to play him against Afghanistan, a team historically Tamim hasn't performed very well against because of their spin heavy bowling attack and Tamim felt bothered at the suggestion that he could be benched.

I think Tamim should have chinned up, and done what the coach and selectors thought was the best for the team on match day even when it was not in his favor. I completely agree that we should move away from the mentality of playing the exact same XI against all 9 oppositions.