facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 18, 2023, 12:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Default Bangladesh Vs Afghanistan LOI Series, July 2023

Schedule:
July 05: 1st ODI, Chattogram, 2PM BST
July 08: 2nd ODI, Chattogram, 2PM BST
July 11: 3rd ODI, Chattogram, 2PM BST

July 14: 1st T20I, Sylhet, 6PM BST
July 16: 2nd T20I, Sylhet, 6PM BST

Bangladesh ODI Squad:
Tamim Iqbal (capt), Litton Das, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Towhid Hridoy, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam, Taskin Ahmed, Ebadot Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Hasan Mahmud, Shoriful Islam, Afif Hossain, Mohammad Naim

In: Mohammad Naim, Afif Hossain, Taskin Ahmed

Out: Rony Talukdar, Yasir Ali, Mrittunjoy Chowdhury

Bangladesh T20I Squad:
Litton Das, Rony Talukdar, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Towhid Hridoy, Shamim Hossain, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Nasum Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Hasan Mahmud, Taskin Ahmed, Ebadot Hossain, Shoriful Islam, Rishad Hossain, Afif Hossain

In: Afif Hossain, Ebadot Hossain
Out: Jaker Ali

Afghanistan ODI Squad:
Hashmatullah Shahidi (capt), Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Ibrahim Zadran, Riaz Hassan, Rahmat Shah, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Ikram Alikhil, Rashid Khan, Azmatullah Omarzai, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Abdul Rahman, Izharulhaq Naveed Shahidullah, Zia-ur-Rehman, Wafadar Momand, Mohammad Saleem, Sayed Shirzad

Last edited by Eshen; July 4, 2023 at 10:25 AM..

Old June 19, 2023, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

any reason there is a huge gap between the test and odi? its almost 2 weeks
Old June 19, 2023, 09:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
any reason there is a huge gap between the test and odi? its almost 2 weeks
Eid er bondho bhai. Goru kinar shomoi, cricket khelar na
Old June 19, 2023, 09:43 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

What I dont understand is that why do we play one of test vs Afg? it should be at least 2 matches. Last time when we lost by 224 runs it didn't give us any chance to come back because of one test, now the same happened for Afg
Old June 20, 2023, 01:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Eid er bondho bhai. Goru kinar shomoi, cricket khelar na
Oh yes that, I forgot it's EID time.
Old June 20, 2023, 04:50 PM
Cricket Guru

News is that Hathuru's favorite batter Soumya sneaked back into ODI team camp, though he has not been officially selected yet. I guess all those wins against mighty Ireland (who just lost a match to Oman in WC qualifier) and the test win against a depleted AFG side gave Hathuru power to circumvent selection process again.
Old June 23, 2023, 04:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Are the Tigers suffering from false confidence?

Old June 23, 2023, 04:35 PM
Cricket Legend

^ to be fair, that Ind series win did us more harm than good. Most of our batsmen are out of form. Our lower order is one of the worst in the world. I rewatched the highlights, had it not been for that drop catch by Rahul, we would have lost the series. It definitely did bring false narrative. Also, a lot of team selection is being based off IRE series (which is bonkers to me - like why?). Riyad also got the boot after having a healthy run avg. Should have been a middle order batsmen instead of Hridoy. Makes no sense to me honestly ...

This is not like our 2007 team where introduce wtv player you want, would not do any worst than the seniors.
Old June 23, 2023, 10:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
^ to be fair, that Ind series win did us more harm than good. Most of our batsmen are out of form. Our lower order is one of the worst in the world. I rewatched the highlights, had it not been for that drop catch by Rahul, we would have lost the series. It definitely did bring false narrative. Also, a lot of team selection is being based off IRE series (which is bonkers to me - like why?). Riyad also got the boot after having a healthy run avg. Should have been a middle order batsmen instead of Hridoy. Makes no sense to me honestly ...

This is not like our 2007 team where introduce wtv player you want, would not do any worst than the seniors.
You need new players that brings in the xfactor. Last time our senior players played, Afghanistan destroyed them in the test match back in 2019.

Look how things have changed now.
The seniors looks good because we were a garbage team for a very long time. They have achieved absolutely nothing. Even a team like Sri Lanka has won tournaments.
Old June 24, 2023, 08:10 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

If we win all 3 we will be up on the odi rankings to number 5, our highest ranking to date
Old June 24, 2023, 09:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Just watched Vitality Cup highlights of "Highest Chase Ever". Yeah keep thinking we are world champions after Soumya/Litton/Shanto scores 50 off 30.

That gave an indication of what will the real competition be like. Be it ODI or T20, expect nothing less than some hard hitting 'every-ball-a-six' 350 or 200 in respective formats. That's how the real big bois play. Jottoshob.

Excuse me if I am bitter.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 24, 2023, 12:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Just watched Vitality Cup highlights of "Highest Chase Ever". Yeah keep thinking we are world champions after Soumya/Litton/Shanto scores 50 off 30.

That gave an indication of what will the real competition be like. Be it ODI or T20, expect nothing less than some hard hitting 'every-ball-a-six' 350 or 200 in respective formats. That's how the real big bois play. Jottoshob.

Excuse me if I am bitter.
Not all matches will be 350 score. Also last time even our batsmen managed to score 300+ and even almost chased down 380 against Aus. Problem was our bowling was a joke led by limping Mashrafe.
Old June 25, 2023, 04:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
You need new players that brings in the xfactor. Last time our senior players played, Afghanistan destroyed them in the test match back in 2019.

Look how things have changed now.
The seniors looks good because we were a garbage team for a very long time. They have achieved absolutely nothing. Even a team like Sri Lanka has won tournaments.
Sure, no one denies that. And just to be clear, we are in the discussion of ODI WC, not test match. Hridoy should not be picked for WC based on his IRE performance. Or pick him in the 15 man squad but only give him games if a main player is injured. This isn't some test we need to do during the WC. This isn't Bashar's old team where Ashraful was the starboy.
Old June 25, 2023, 04:54 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Mullah has for a long time been in to zone of sommanjonok porajoy type play, alteast with hridoy i can be sure it can be either totally amazing or total bust. I will take either in place of mullah's sommanjonok porajoy
Old June 25, 2023, 06:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Wait till the maagi noodles of Yasir Ali start moaning his inclusion just because he took a catch
Old June 25, 2023, 08:35 PM
Cricket Legend

AI beta Tamim er issues after issues. You know that this is your final WC, how do you have the same size Buri as the old coach haturi?? Bro, work on your fatass fitness
Old June 29, 2023, 10:50 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Eid mubarak..anyone wants to bet against that we will lose the ODI series because eating more that the allocated amount of biriyani and kurbani meat during eid?
Old June 30, 2023, 02:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Eid Mubarak. Yeah the BD players will be filling those bellies with all the oily but delicious culinary delights that come with Eid.

Yasir Ali and some of his stupid fans might be mistaken as bolods or chagols at the Qurbani haat! I know some on this forum for sure act like such animals.

Question is will Sarkar somehow sneak into the team

Last edited by adamnsu; June 30, 2023 at 05:34 AM..
Old July 1, 2023, 02:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu

Question is will Sarkar somehow sneak into the team
What is the coach's obsession with Sharkar. Prime Sharkar is an amazing asset but this version of Sharkar isn't worth having in a bpl team, let alone national.
Old July 1, 2023, 10:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
What is the coach's obsession with Sharkar. Prime Sharkar is an amazing asset but this version of Sharkar isn't worth having in a bpl team, let alone national.
Not sure what the obsession is either . Sarkar is just going from going worse to crap.
Old July 1, 2023, 12:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Mullah has for a long time been in to zone of sommanjonok porajoy type play, alteast with hridoy i can be sure it can be either totally amazing or total bust. I will take either in place of mullah's sommanjonok porajoy
Exactly! From what I heard, during 2019 WC, Riyad wanted to be appreciated that he scored a fifty against Australia, to bring us a sommanjonok porajoy. Shakib was so pissed about his attitude that he asked Mash to drop Riyad for the rest of the tournament.

Riyad has not been a good influence on his BPL/DPL teams for last few seasons either. His lack of interest playing for team's cause has been a red flag throughout his career. IMO, Hathuru is doing the right thing looking at other options.
Old July 3, 2023, 08:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Man, the associate teams are playing some competitive cricket in the qualifiers. So many 350+ scores. I wonder if team BD would score 350+ score consistently in those kinds of pitches. This goes to show, playing in these low-scoring pitches, you're wired to think 250-270 is a good score. You don't really learn to score that big often.

Hopefully, we see some bangers in the AFG series.
Old July 3, 2023, 08:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Exactly! From what I heard, during 2019 WC, Riyad wanted to be appreciated that he scored a fifty against Australia, to bring us a sommanjonok porajoy. Shakib was so pissed about his attitude that he asked Mash to drop Riyad for the rest of the tournament.

Riyad has not been a good influence on his BPL/DPL teams for last few seasons either. His lack of interest playing for team's cause has been a red flag throughout his career. IMO, Hathuru is doing the right thing looking at other options.
You have to feel bad for Shakib, surrounded by mediocre players. Even our top elite players (apart from Shakib) are mediocre when you look at it from a worldwide perspective. This is why Stokes looks a better player than he is, because his team carries him to many wins. Whereas Shakib usually has to carry the team, hoping one of those mediocre players pitches in. It's a sad reality.
Old July 5, 2023, 03:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Afif make the team , but I think perhaps another batsman would have been better?

I think the bowling line up is the best the team can put up.

No signs of Sarkar yet even on the bench,

No Yasi Ali, and I know his modon marka fans would be burning insider.
Old July 5, 2023, 04:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Liton and Shanto played got like idiots. Apparently Shanto had a life too.

Still the maturity has not kicked in for these two and its worrying as they are the core of the batting.

Tamim another over the expiry date batsman