facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 19, 2023, 01:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Default Dhaka Premier League 2023

DPL this year is scheduled to start from March 15. Player transfer will take place on March 1 and 2.

Team news so far-

Abahani: Liton Das, Najmul Shanto, Anamul Bijoy, Afif Hossain, Mosaddek Hossain, Mohammad Saifuddin, Taskin Ahmed, Rakibul Hasan, Rishad Hossain, Ripon Mondol, Nahid Rana

Mohammedan: Imrul Kayes, Soumya Sarkar, Shakib Al Hasan, Iftikhar Ahmed (Pak), Mahmudullah Riyad, Mehidy Miraz

Prime Bank: Tamim Iqbal, Mushfiqur Rahim, Yasir Ali, Nasir Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Shoriful Islam

Legends of Rupganj: Naeem Islam, Mashrafe Mortaza

Agrani Bank: Jahurul Islam, Shadman Islam, Fazle Mahmud, Marshall Ayub, Shahidul Islam

Last edited by Eshen; March 2, 2023 at 08:00 PM..

Old March 4, 2023, 09:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Ashraful declared that this DPL will be his last list-A tournament. He plans to retire after next NCL/BCL this year as a professional cricketer. He has joined Shakib at Mohammedan.

Teams-

Abahani: Liton Das, Najmul Hossain, Anamul Haque, Mahmudul Hasan Joy, Afif Hossain, Mosaddek Hossain, Jaker Ali, Mohammad Saifuddin, Tanzim Sakib, Taskin Ahmed, Tanvir Islam, Rakibul Hasan, Rishad Hossain, Ripon Mondol, Nahid Rana, Shahbaz Chouhan

Mohammedan: Imrul Kayes, Soumya Sarkar, Rony Talukdar, Shakib Al Hasan, Iftikhar Ahmed (Pak), Mahmudullah Riyad, Ariful Islam, Shuvagata Hom, Mohammad Ashraful, Mehidy Miraz, Ariful Haque, Nazmul Hossain Milon, Nazmul Islam, Musfik Hasan, Khaled Ahmed, Kamrul Islam, Ruyel Miah, Shafiqul Islam, Enamul Haque Jr

Prime Bank: Tamim Iqbal, Mohammad Mithun, Yasir Ali, Mushfiqur Rahim, Nasir Hossain, Shahadat Hossain Dipu, Prantik Nawrose Nabil, Moinul Islam, Bishal Chowdhury, Taijul Islam, Nahidul Islam, Mustafizur Rahman, Shoriful Islam, Rejaur Rahman Raza, Al-Amin Hossain, Rakibul Atique, Alis Al Islam

Legends of Rupganj: Pavez Hossain Emon, Munim Shahriar, Sabbir Rahman, Naeem Islam, Fardeen Hasan, Jawad Royen, Ashik Ul-Alam, Sohag Gazi, Mashrafe Mortaza, Abdul Halim, Rajibul Islam

Sheikh Jamal: Saif Hassan, Shykat Ali, Fazle Mahmud, Towhid Hridoy, Nurul Hasan, Pritom Kumar, Ziaur Rahman, Robiul Islam Robi, Taibur Rahman, Mrittunjoy Chowdhury, Ebadot Hossain, Sumon Khan, Mahbub Niloy, Monir Hossain

Last edited by Eshen; March 4, 2023 at 10:35 PM..
Old March 7, 2023, 04:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Wow can't believe Sir Ash is gonna retire...well I can, but man that will stir up some emotions for me. I was one of the OG Ashraful fans along with cricman and Murad and I'm sure many others. I had high hopes for him, before finally abandoning his "talent and potential" during his match fixing scandal in 2013. There were countless lows, but also some incredible highs in an era when BC forums were always buzzing and Bangladesh only won 1-2 games against top teams per year.

No one divided the forum quite like Ash, and yet no one unified the forum in ecstasy on the rare "Eid" days that he fired either.

His 158* is still one of the most unexpected innings in Bangladesh cricket history. That run-a-ball 100 vs McGrath and Co can still give you goosebumps.

Long live Sir Ash.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 7, 2023, 07:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I was fortunate to see Asharful score his 100 against Australia. Me and my house mates traveled from Birmingham to Wales to watch that game.

I also saw him smash around Shohaib Akhtar at a practice match. Akhtar was jokingly shaking Asharful’s head.

He could have been better had he been groomed well I think. He achieved fame at such a young age and the only real player among garbage.
Old March 14, 2023, 01:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Old March 14, 2023, 10:35 PM
Cricket Guru

First day of DPL 2023. Live scorecards: https://cricheroes.in/tournament/619...live-matches/1

You can also watch the matches live at BCB YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@bcbtigercricket

The Sheikh Jamal match even has live commentary!
Old March 14, 2023, 11:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Mash is a real tiger, can't run but still knows how to hunt batters - two gone in two balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njIsJ3UsW5k
Old March 15, 2023, 01:05 AM
Cricket Guru

MJoy is looking deadly with pace, bounce and swing today! Three wickets already!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDUGEwyylpA
Old March 16, 2023, 01:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Anamul got his 16th List A century.
Old March 16, 2023, 05:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Looks like Mohammedan will not be able to live up to their pre-season hype this year either, lost by 128 runs to Gazi Group (made of a young group of players)!

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...full-scorecard
Old March 16, 2023, 05:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Funny that Biplob is having to survive as a batter only, not getting an opportunity to bowl even when he's in the Shinepukur playing XI!

Old March 16, 2023, 06:45 PM
Cricket Guru

The BPL effect!

Old March 18, 2023, 10:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Sabbir is in good form - 49 followed by 110 not out. He's currently the top scorer in DPL.
Old March 19, 2023, 11:27 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Tiktok huzur can score 300 in our 3rd class league. Please continue to play here only.

Along with the tiktok huzur I hope anamul "I don't field only bat" haru party continues to brake record after record in the 3rd class league
Old March 19, 2023, 01:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Tiktok huzur can score 300 in our 3rd class league. Please continue to play here only.
That's a big problem - we don't like a particular player, we can diminish his achievements at domestics by trashing the domestic league. Sabbir was taken to A-team tour to West Indies last year, after DPL. He has done well there as well. I would value performances from that A-team tour much higher than bullying of Ireland at home.
Old March 24, 2023, 10:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Riyad is drowning with his team, three straight losses for Mohammedan so far.
Old March 26, 2023, 10:40 PM
Cricket Guru

A good show of bowling aggression from Tanzim Sakib. IMO, he's a good pace allrounder prospect, from what I have seen of him during BPL.

Old March 27, 2023, 11:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Mashrafe took a fifer and two catches (including that of Riyad at slip), Mohammedan 80 all out, and lost the match by 10 wickets.

Poor Riyad, everything is falling apart for him atm..
Old March 27, 2023, 11:35 AM
Test Cricketer

They scored only 80 and that was chased down in 8.4 overs. Things looking bad for them. Also a low scoring day for the teams in DPL.
Old March 27, 2023, 12:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Also a low scoring day for the teams in DPL.
Yeah, wickets are slowing down, not pacer friendly (unless you're master at cutting the ball like Musta or Mash) or batter friendly anymore . MJoy bowled five overs of spin at BKSP yesterday:

Old April 1, 2023, 12:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Rony, Miraz, Shakib all gone. If Riyad wants to return to the ODI team, today is the day he needs to deliver for his club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFAnMK2jBz0
Old April 2, 2023, 11:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Bijoy is doing it again. Honesty BD f'ed it up by selecting him for T20 and then Test. Not every player understands every format or are meant for every format. Give the guy a proper try out for ODI since he keeps pumping out 100's and 50's in DPL.
Old April 2, 2023, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Riyad is drowning with his team, three straight losses for Mohammedan so far.
Honestly, these are the situation a player needs when he wants to get back to the team since it allows him to do something special and make it a one-man show. But sucks for Riad. We need an inform Riad for the WC, instead, we will be stuck with that fata$$ who can't run and bat for sh*t.
Old April 3, 2023, 02:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Bijoy is doing it again. Honesty BD f'ed it up by selecting him for T20 and then Test. Not every player understands every format or are meant for every format. Give the guy a proper try out for ODI since he keeps pumping out 100's and 50's in DPL.

He was given enough chances in ODI. Now we dont really have a spot for him in the ODI XI. He has decent average in ODI, but his SR is really pathetic something like 74. If Shanto start performing bad again, I guess we can try him out at no.3.
Old April 4, 2023, 02:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
He was given enough chances in ODI. Now we dont really have a spot for him in the ODI XI. He has decent average in ODI, but his SR is really pathetic something like 74. If Shanto start performing bad again, I guess we can try him out at no.3.
Bijoy is batting with a higher strike rate in domestic cricket(dpl) the past 4 years because he is hitting more sixes(on the leg side).