facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 1, 2023, 10:28 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash
Default WI out of 2023 World Cup

This is going to be the first time the former two times champion will miss...long live the ICC long live the 10 team tournament long live money long live more matches for India

Old July 1, 2023, 12:06 PM
Cricket Guru

I heard there is still an outside chance for Windies - in case Pakistan skip out the WC in India, Windies may be their replacement. Don't think PCB is that stupid, but you never know for sure.
Old July 1, 2023, 12:28 PM
Test Cricketer

10 Team Round Robin is the best WC format. WI beaten by associate teams fair and square and dont deserve to be playing WC. What this proves is that you learn absolute squat by playing in these meaningless T20 leagues.
Old July 1, 2023, 06:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

West Indians ra ekta easy going bunch of people.

It’s a mess as they can’t put up their best team sometimes because of the power of the larger islands.

Also some of the West Indians I come across say the younger generations are not as keen to play the sport.
Old July 2, 2023, 01:51 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

TBH i kinda like the qualifier tournament, there is much drama here than the world cup in some cases, and since most of the teams are same quality and the test teams that are playing are not on the level of the big guns, most matches are competitive

Associates get a good confidence boost in this tournament, In world cup associates may cause one or two upsets, but at the end its always the big boys who end up in the semies

I say keep the format as it is, even make it a 8 team world cup instead of 10, get Bangladesh and Afg in qualifier scenario as well. get a fare ODI super league where each team has equal chance of home and away games. if we still qualify straight then we deserve to play world cup straight, otherwise I wouldn't mind us facing the qualification slugfest.
Old July 2, 2023, 01:51 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

TBH i kinda like the qualifier tournament, there is much drama here than the world cup in some cases, and since most of the teams are same quality and the test teams that are playing are not on the level of the big guns, most matches are competitive

Associates get a good confidence boost in this tournament, In world cup associates may cause one or two upsets, but at the end its always the big boys who end up in the semies

I say keep the format as it is, even make it a 8 team world cup instead of 10, get Bangladesh and Afg in qualifier scenario as well. get a fare ODI super league where each team has equal chance of home and away games. if we still qualify straight then we deserve to play world cup straight, otherwise I wouldn't mind us facing the qualification slugfest.
Old July 2, 2023, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Hopefully Pakistan pulls out. I rather have WI than those losers.
Old July 4, 2023, 01:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Zim is also out of the World Cup in a surprising turn. If NED had beaten SRL, then it would been Scot and NED in the World Cup most likely.

It took Bangladesh like 20+ years to come out of the hurdles where we beat top teams once in a while but continue to lose against the associate teams.
Old July 4, 2023, 08:56 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Scotland qualifying is a big FU to ICC..the 10 team format was made to keep associates out
Old July 5, 2023, 01:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Scotland qualifying is a big FU to ICC..the 10 team format was made to keep associates out
I never understood what their issue is. Wtf is a 10 team WC. As if the world doesn't exist in the world cup lol
Old July 11, 2023, 11:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

It's okay guys, we will come back again. Stronger.

Rally!