facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 9, 2012, 04:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

As usual, the curator of Eden has lost his job already...but I think it was a good pitch for Indian batsmen to score some runs....but unfortunately that poor guy lost his job for incompetence of their players.

Zaheer and Ishant is going to be dropped in next test...I think Dinda and some other guy will come in... Don't think they have the Balls to drop SRT...Yuvraj may be dropped as well....even Dhoni's captaincy is under threat....he will lose it if they fail to win the last test.

Old December 9, 2012, 04:50 AM
MLC World Series I

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-...tml?CMP=chrome

Zaheer, Yuvraj and Harbhajan dropped!
Old December 9, 2012, 06:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Dhoni needs to go. He is clearly overworked, exhausted and out of ideas. He should retire from Tests and ease up his schedule.

Indian Test XI:
Gambhir
Sehwag (c)
Pujara
Kohli (vc)
Tiwary
Rohit
Saha (wk)
Ashwin
Praveen
Umesh
Ojha
Old December 9, 2012, 07:41 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: virat kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Good to see you back World Champs. What's your take on the series so far? What were your expectations of this team and do you agree that you guys made the right team selection?
It may be surprising but I wanted Ind to lose this series and even expected India to lose after how India played against NZ 2 months back. Bcci and players are not ready to admit that this team is out of form and needs new players they are still high on that world cup win. After getting hammered 8-0 Dhoni said "we play 70% of our cricket in sub continent, these foreign tours are just like practice games and we will win against them at home. I hate this attitude. I

As for as Team selection goes IMO Sehwag, Gambhir and Yuvi should have been replaced by Rahane, Mukund and Rohit. and as of now Pankaj singh should have been selected in place of Awana.
Old December 9, 2012, 07:58 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Commiserations on your loss, bro. I've never been an India fan but have always admired many of your players, and have and will always support your team against Pakistan. I like to see the high and mighty fall especially when that height and might is generated more by the commercial marketplace than actual performance in a variety of transcontinental conditions. Something about rooting for the underdog rather than envy, I suppose. The point is, I'm not an India hater by any stretch of the imagination.

India is a good side abroad and nothing less than formidable at home. So this test series has been a major surprise for me. I have a few questions:

1. Do you think the high degree of commercial hype is creating complacency and delusions of grandeur amongst many of your National players?

2. If deserving players are not being given opportunities as you've posted, what would you suggest as the better, more reasonable and transparent way of making sure that they will be?

3. Who are some of these players you're talking about and why do you think they can be successful and then sustain success in International Cricket?

Looking forward to your kind response. Thank you
1) After winning the world cup our players has really become complacent and believe they can even get away with murder. Their way of thinking as of now is as long as they can beat visiting teams at home, away games doesn't matter as most of the sides lose away and win at home. they were delusional that they just need turning wickets and they will beat England.

2) Imo BCCI should let selectors or a team of former players to watch upcoming players in domestic cricket rather then going by statistics alone and groom them under former cricketers. Make a pool of good batsmen, fast/Medium bowlers and spinners from which you can select your team. Selectors should be able to pick players from that pool in case first choice player is out of form or injured.

3) Upcoming and promising Indian batsmen are
Rahane, Mandeep, Rohit, Akshath Reddy and Mukund.

Seamers: ATM are Pankaj singh and Shami ahmed . Sandeep sharma and Pawan Suyal are good but they need some more time in domestic cricket.

Spinners: Sadly I don't see anyone apart from Ojha and Ashwin to even be a part of the squad as of now.
Old December 9, 2012, 08:13 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Champs
If indian has always been ordinary, then I guess we can call Bangladesh crap. Indian team is not playing well ATM but it doesn't mean we were always ordinary. India is the only team in world cricket which has won a world cup, t20 champoinship and achieved number 1 test ranking in Tests since ranking system started.. Name me another team and I would say India were always ordinary.

And playing cricket for 100 years?? Weren't Bdesh part of India and Pakistan At that time?? So Bdesh is also playing cricket for 100 years. More shame for your country. That you still are considered minnows.
Oh! I'm sooo scared! everyone knows it was Football that was the most popular sport in the whole region of Bengal, Cricket just didn't thrive back then. India had test status in 1926 whereas Bangladesh in 2000 so do the maths mate. Plus India has a billion people and have far more resources than Bangladesh and look you still cannot prouduce a world class bowler of Steyn calibre says everything. By the way, I have no problem with most Indian players think they're a great bunch of talented players, its your fans I have a problem with for bashing our Cricket and thinking you're the best or something when clearly you're not. This is the same country that doesn't even invite Bangladesh for a full series. Oh yeah minnows don't beat teams like India, England, New Zealand etc in the past two years and we're above New Zealand in the ODI rankings but not labelling them as minnows just shows your true feelings towards Bangladesh Cricket. I'm positive once the likes of Sehweg, Khan, Tendulkar etc leave just like Dravid, Laxman etc, Bangladesh who have the youngest of all players will find your new team a lot lot easier compete against.
Old December 9, 2012, 08:34 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

The curator lost his job?? What you want him to do, score runs and take wickets also? This is just embarrassing now.
Old December 9, 2012, 08:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Despite the result of the match, I'm sure if Sachin had managed to made his century this wouldn't happen. Shockingly they are putting 'anti-national act' tag over this poor curator now!

Last edited by cricheart; December 9, 2012 at 12:16 PM..
Old December 9, 2012, 09:00 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Again why? It's not like he made a pacey and bouncey track that helped the English fast bowlers. He made a pitch that was good to bat on and also help the bowlers pick up 20 wickets. The team that was able to do that won.

It just goes to show that BCCI and Dhoni still arent accepting the fact that they have issues. It's not the ****ing pitch. If you start to blame your home pitches you will sound like a sore loser.... wait you already do.
Old December 9, 2012, 09:59 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
If indian has always been ordinary, then I guess we can call Bangladesh crap. Indian team is not playing well ATM but it doesn't mean we were always ordinary. India is the only team in world cricket which has won a world cup, t20 champoinship and achieved number 1 test ranking in Tests since ranking system started.. Name me another team and I would say India were always ordinary.

And playing cricket for 100 years?? Weren't Bdesh part of India and Pakistan At that time?? So Bdesh is also playing cricket for 100 years. More shame for your country. That you still are considered minnows.
lol bro calm down, no point replying him saying BD is crap..we know where India and BD stands, lets not make this place cricinfo ok..just ignore him
Old December 9, 2012, 12:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

This guy Tendulkar is one selfish person.. Any decent player who had any shame would retire after losing 8-0 overseas (if it's happened before) and then losing at home to same opponents.
Old December 9, 2012, 12:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

India are overrated home track bullies, their record outside India is abysmal for a nation with 1.5 billion people and so called one of the biggest economy in the world. They have same Win loss ratio is Sri lanka and only slightly better than New zealand (lmao) outside home country. So much for greatest cricketing nation, never produced a bowler averaging less than 28.
Old December 9, 2012, 12:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
1) After winning the world cup our players has really become complacent and believe they can even get away with murder. Their way of thinking as of now is as long as they can beat visiting teams at home, away games doesn't matter as most of the sides lose away and win at home. they were delusional that they just need turning wickets and they will beat England.

2) Imo BCCI should let selectors or a team of former players to watch upcoming players in domestic cricket rather then going by statistics alone and groom them under former cricketers. Make a pool of good batsmen, fast/Medium bowlers and spinners from which you can select your team. Selectors should be able to pick players from that pool in case first choice player is out of form or injured.

Seamers: ATM are Pankaj singh and Shami ahmed . Sandeep sharma and Pawan Suyal are good but they need some more time in domestic cricket.

Spinners: Sadly I don't see anyone apart from Ojha and Ashwin to even be a part of the squad as of now.
Excellent post there

I agree on all your points there. The attitude clearly needs to change. I feel the best way to make this possible is to make sweeping changes across this team. Gambhir and Sehwag talking big? Drop them for awhile and give the younger kids a chance and give them a run. Also I'd strongly consider stripping Dhoni of captaincy. He's been far too complacent for a captain and his on field captaincy for Tests is a joke. A shake up of this team and I'm sure you'll see the players stop spewing crap out of their mouths and will actually try to perform and stop making excuses.

Also it seems that you guys have similar problems to ours. There's a misunderstanding of what a natural talent is. The selectors don't seem to be watching matches and instead are just going by previous stats.

India hasn't been a team that's ever been short of talent, the big issue is the attitude of the players and the board which is why they're underachieving.
Old December 9, 2012, 05:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Oh boy they might bring in 'Jaddu' into the test squad.
Old December 10, 2012, 12:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:

Thoughtful post and thanks for taking the time to respond in to my questions

I couldn't agree more with Tiger444's post.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 10, 2012, 01:32 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
India are overrated home track bullies, their record outside India is abysmal for a nation with 1.5 billion people and so called one of the biggest economy in the world. They have same Win loss ratio is Sri lanka and only slightly better than New zealand (lmao) outside home country. So much for greatest cricketing nation, never produced a bowler averaging less than 28.
why go on attacking the Indians while our own team still gets embarrassed on away tours? Have you seen Rubel, Shafiul, Shahadat and Abul's averages? Lets wait till we have achieved similar feats the Indian team did before trying to kick them when they are down.
Old December 10, 2012, 12:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
why go on attacking the Indians while our own team still gets embarrassed on away tours? Have you seen Rubel, Shafiul, Shahadat and Abul's averages? Lets wait till we have achieved similar feats the Indian team did before trying to kick them when they are down.
Well I have never claimed Bangladesh are anything more than a mediocre team unlike Indians crowing all the time about how Bangladesh are so crap and they are the greatest team in history. And about kicking them when they are down, according to facts they have never really been "up" outside India.
Old December 11, 2012, 05:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

sucks for tiwary that he got injured.
Old December 11, 2012, 06:52 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
Well I have never claimed Bangladesh are anything more than a mediocre team unlike Indians crowing all the time about how Bangladesh are so crap and they are the greatest team in history. And about kicking them when they are down, according to facts they have never really been "up" outside India.
Never been up??

Won in Eng 2007 and drew 1-1 in 2002
Lost to aus 1-2 in 2008, drew 1-1in 2004
Won in West Indies ( 2 series in row)
Drew 1-1 in South Africa, lost 1-2 in 2006
Won in in NZ

All the above in last 10 years.
Old December 11, 2012, 05:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Never been up??

Won in in NZ

2002 England series the bowling was severely depleted with Harmison and Jones missing almost the entire series. AUS in 2008 weren't as strong as they were a few years before or as they are now. Windies and NZ are bottom ranked sides...even Bashar's Bangladesh drew a Test against a full strength WI in the Caribbean.

2004 AUS series takes the cake...McGrath, Warne, Lee all missed the majority of the series if memory serves correctly, meaning you went up against their 2nd string bowling attack with the "best" batting lineup in the world. No matter how good that second string might be, its still a very distant second string.

So if you knock off half or more than half of that list, its not sufficient for a massive nation playing at the top level for 80 years to chest thump against wee little Bangladesh, whose fans acknowledge the pathetic records of their team.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 11, 2012, 05:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Never been up??

Won in in NZ

Lol don't get mad, one swallow doesn't make a summer. Beating WI post 2000 is not any great achievement and less said about NZ the better. India's overall record outside India and specially outside Asia is beyond pathetic for so called super power. As I said your away record is equal to Sri lanka and NZ. No doubt India has been a decent team for the last decade but according to their fans you would think they are comparable to Australia and West indies of the past.
Old December 11, 2012, 06:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

When's the last game?
Old December 11, 2012, 08:42 PM
BC Editorial Team

As myself:

Hubris is never good. Australia saw that a generation of greats was retiring (Gilly, Warney, Pigeon, Lager, Haydos, etc.) and totally changed up their setup, brought in young players and now look very promising. Oh and another thing, their greats tend to do what Laxman and Dravid did - walk away with dignity.

Engerland saw Harmy and Hoggy not getting it done, Vaughny being a shell and promptly rebuilt the side around younger players.

The present Indian cricket team has a sense of entitlement that is not matched by ability to deliver. The increasingly powerful BCCI has pulled all kinds of shenanigans: such as forcing other countries to ban their ICL players even after they'd gotten NoCs, by forcing countries such as BD and NZ to provide flat pitches when they tour, by extorting media outlets for having the temerity to show Hawk-Eye and DRS replays and by never inviting BD to tour.

In that context, even the most rational, Tendu and Laxman loving, Dravid and Kumble admiring Bangladeshi cricket follower, cannot help but smirk a little now that the emperor has been revealed to be well and truly digombor (দিগম্বর )
Old December 12, 2012, 12:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
As myself:

Hubris is never good. Australia saw that a generation of greats was retiring (Gilly, Warney, Pigeon, Lager, Haydos, etc.) and totally changed up their setup, brought in young players and now look very promising. Oh and another thing, their greats tend to do what Laxman and Dravid did - walk away with dignity.

Engerland saw Harmy and Hoggy not getting it done, Vaughny being a shell and promptly rebuilt the side around younger players.

The present Indian cricket team has a sense of entitlement that is not matched by ability to deliver. The increasingly powerful BCCI has pulled all kinds of shenanigans: such as forcing other countries to ban their ICL players even after they'd gotten NoCs, by forcing countries such as BD and NZ to provide flat pitches when they tour, by extorting media outlets for having the temerity to show Hawk-Eye and DRS replays and by never inviting BD to tour.

In that context, even the most rational, Tendu and Laxman loving, Dravid and Kumble admiring Bangladeshi cricket follower, cannot help but smirk a little now that the emperor has been revealed to be well and truly digombor (দিগম্বর )
Funny how it's racism only when other countries (white) do it but when India refuses DRS or Dhoni argues with umpire it's no big deal. Weren't India the ones crying when Steve bucknors decision went against them and they got him removed? But now it's they who refuse to use DRS. Arrogance and delusion, not a good mix.
Old December 12, 2012, 06:17 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
2002 England series the bowling was severely depleted with Harmison and Jones missing almost the entire series. AUS in 2008 weren't as strong as they were a few years before or as they are now. Windies and NZ are bottom ranked sides...even Bashar's Bangladesh drew a Test against a full strength WI in the Caribbean.

2004 AUS series takes the cake...McGrath, Warne, Lee all missed the majority of the series if memory serves correctly, meaning you went up against their 2nd string bowling attack with the "best" batting lineup in the world. No matter how good that second string might be, its still a very distant second string.

So if you knock off half or more than half of that list, its not sufficient for a massive nation playing at the top level for 80 years to chest thump against wee little Bangladesh, whose fans acknowledge the pathetic records of their team.
Making excuses for other teams?? that player didn't play, that was injured blah blah blah. Before 2011 Eng didn't had any series win against India be it home or away for 15 years.And if West indies were so bad then why don't Pakistan and Sri lanka doesn't even have 1 series win against them in indies. And Eng have managed only 1.

Sure Aus missed their bowlers but Aus still had their powerful batting line up to play against the mighty Indian bowling line up of Agarkar, Pathan and Nehra. If india is not good as you are trying to say surely Aus must have won that series comfortably.
And who is chest thumping?? I know we aren't the best team in the history not any where close. But you are making it sound like India is some below average team.