facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 13, 2018, 10:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
Have fun! Orlando and Disney World tends to be crowded around this time with lots of tourists but you and your family will be able to enjoy nevertheless! If you are in the west side of Florida during your stay then let me know, would love to meet you!
Thanks for the invite but couldn't have made time at all.

So, we reach Orlando Friday evening Jan 5: 7pm attended holud. Ends around 11:30pm. Then went to see the extended family (they rented a 7 bedroom house, all staying together). We went to our hotel around 2am.

Saturday, went back to their house to have some more goppo shoppo, kids playing with cousins etc....then at night went to the wedding.

Sunday to Thursday 5 day Disney World. Friday Morning came back to the cold in Arkansas.
+++

Tips for Disney world:
1) Timing is everything. If you are visiting from out of state, make sure Florida schools are open . Spring break, Holiday times are too crowded. Avoid weekends. The traffic is crazy with all the new highway constructions and lane expansions.

The bigger the crowd, the longer the wait time in lines.

2) We had to deal with Argentina-Brazil tourists (summer there) during this time. Felt like we were visiting a South American country theme park.

3) Weather was great in FL. Got lucky with no rain. 70s high with mild breeze. It was freezing rain, cold in teens at Ark.

4) Get the Disney APP. It is a must. Gives you updated wait time on rides, shows. Allows you to get fastpasses. You can plan your way ahead of time.

5) New rides: (Animal Kingdom) Avatar, 3 hours wait time. No fast pass available a week advance. So if you want to ride it (worth it) plan to go early in the morning and stand in line.

Mine Train (Mini roller coaster): (Magic Kingdom) 90 plus minutes stand in and no fast pass available. Try during parades and shows.

Frozen, Sorin, Dinesour: Extremely difficult to get a fastpass. We got lucky again.

The key is to purchase the Disney tickets early and get those fastpasses. You can plan your fastpass 60 days early through the app.
+++
This was our second trip to Disney World FL. I think we did ride all of them that we wanted to. Had a great time with the kids.

Old January 13, 2018, 10:06 AM
Cricket Savant

The food is extremely expensive inside the parks. 1st three days we ate there. Then we packed McDonalds.

Just to tell you guys, them Mickey icecream bars, you can't get it anywhere else.
Old January 13, 2018, 10:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Halal stores all around Orlando. Over 5k BDis. Lots of Deshi/middle eastern markets and restaurants.
Old January 19, 2018, 09:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Americay thaika khali America ghurtey ichcha korey. Eida kisu hoilo ?

I went to Istanbul, Turkey this month.
Lovely country, lovely people and great cheap food.This is the 2nd time I have been there and I explored a bit more and I have been pleased just like my first trip. Lots to see as well. I didn't go to any tourist restaurants where the price is double for no reason.I went to restaurants where the locals eat. These didn't have fancy decorations. But, was clean and Food was well tasty and I didn't get any food poisoning.
Just to give you an idea of the food price ... A soup, kebap wrap, chicken casserole, rice and a bottle of mineral water cost only £9!
One dish you must try is Testi kebap ( available in chicken or lamb )

Old January 19, 2018, 09:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Where is England? I can't see it in the map.
Old January 19, 2018, 10:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
There are few places in Arkansas that is worthwhile. 1. Hotsprings. 2. White water rafting. 3. Flyfishing. 4. Diamond mining (free, if you can find, people do find) (Murfreesboro)
5. Arkansas Snakes

Old January 19, 2018, 10:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara

I went to Istanbul, Turkey this month.

I didn't go to any tourist restaurants where the price is double for no reason.I went to restaurants where the locals eat.

True. I went twice, and I had the same experience. Once I stayed in a hotel in residential neighborhood near airport and once I stayed near Blue Mosque (a tourist spot).
Old January 19, 2018, 11:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
5. Arkansas Snakes

That is a southern cottonmouth aka water moccasins - venomous! AKA black moccasin, gaper, mangrove rattler, snap jaw, stub-tail snake, swamp lion, trap jaw, water mamba and water pilot...

Cottonmouth venom is composed mainly of hemotoxins (our blood or it's food/prey's) that break down blood cells, preventing the blood from clotting or coagulating...very deadly..you can die form this venom...it is not a neuro toxin. The babies/juvis look different than the adults...juveniles have large bands and the older they get and they loose the band marking on the scale. They are land and water, amphibious and of Pit viper class

Look at your photo...the moth open...and it looks like his/her mouth is foaming, like a cloudy cotton ball.

Very fascinating creature.
Old January 19, 2018, 11:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

The best place in the UK to visit is Cornwall. Its got amazing coast line and beaches. Its also got the Minac theatre which is open air and the back drop is the ocean. Also St Michael's Mount which is a small castle built on a small island. You can walk there at low tide which takes 10 minutes.

I havent visited many European Cities but here are my recommendations:
London is my favourite: Has something for everyone and all located close to each other. Halal food and you will be spoilt for choice of cuisine. Very wheel chair accessible friendly.
For family fun Paris: The Louvere, Eiffel Tower and Disneyland
Budget: Barcelona. Great Vibe. Lots of intricate art and architecture around the city. Its the least expensive metro city to visit.
Scenic: Nothing beats Switzerland. Friendliest and most welcoming people.

Egypt is amazing if you are interested in their History. But apart from that, its the same type of resorts you will get on the African Med coast. Cheaper to go to Morocco or even Turkey.
Old January 19, 2018, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
5. Arkansas Snakes

Baap re baap ki damra saanp

Eisob post korben na dada, bhoy lage, I am cool around spiders but snakes
Old January 19, 2018, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Where is England? I can't see it in the map.
Bhai, beshi kotha koiben na. Ar nailey abar amra USA dokhol korum
Old February 10, 2018, 05:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles