facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 11, 2011, 02:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

well Bangladeshis are by born emotional, we can't change this fact. yes, there are some fans who are not emotional, but 90% bd fans are emotional. When we win, we go for huge celebration, when we lose, it sounds like this is the end of the world....only few can change this mentality....

Old March 11, 2011, 02:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
Fans are humans, some people are optimistic, have confidence other lack confidence and are pessimists. But they all are fans, they are not following cricket games because they got nothing better to do. Even players get the same feeling too.

Shakib: I hope the people build a new house for me now(laughs). Islam and Mahmudullah work hard with the bat and it paid off. Morgan and Trott played good knocks but we knew that if we get a new batsman in, we had a chance as the wicket was tough to bat on. I never believed we could win until the last boundary. This win is huge for the country. We are very emotional about our cricket. We still have to play 2 good games to qualify. It is still difficult but we will fight till the end.
It was great to see the young Blagladeshi captain's good humour: "Shakib: I hope the people build a new house for me now(laughs)." What a smart young captain he is !
Old March 11, 2011, 02:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk619
well Bangladeshis are by born emotional, we can't change this fact. yes, there are some fans who are not emotional, but 90% bd fans are emotional. When we win, we go for huge celebration, when we lose, it sounds like this is the end of the world....only few can change this mentality....
Well, fans are emotional in the whole of South Asia, but then the players are emotional too and they are under great pressure.
Old March 11, 2011, 02:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by abherath
In the same world as you do.

Frustration does not justify boorish behaviour.
Don't know where you live, but where I live, I see fans leaving almost any game in NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS is usa.

Yes they may have missed a golden opportunity to witness their team's dramatic win, but its they who decide what they missed. I don't see anything wrong. Beacuse its their money they spent and its their time they prioritize how they want to spend. Ususally they do it to avoid traffic while going home.

I don't see at all its a boorish behaviour (if leaving early is what you meant).
Old March 11, 2011, 02:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
Fans are humans, some people are optimistic, have confidence other lack confidence and are pessimists. But they all are fans, they are not following cricket games because they got nothing better to do. Even players get the same feeling too.

Shakib: I hope the people build a new house for me now(laughs). Islam and Mahmudullah work hard with the bat and it paid off. Morgan and Trott played good knocks but we knew that if we get a new batsman in, we had a chance as the wicket was tough to bat on. I never believed we could win until the last boundary. This win is huge for the country. We are very emotional about our cricket. We still have to play 2 good games to qualify. It is still difficult but we will fight till the end.

Exactly my feeling.

For example Shakib's comment doesn't make him a putu putu person, or less fiesty captain.
Old March 11, 2011, 02:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Well, fans are emotional in the whole of South Asia, but then the players are emotional too and they are under great pressure.
yes, even if we argue for 100 times, it won't change the fact.....bd team can change the emotional thingy, just only by playing competitive cricket, if they lose badly, fans will be emotional, and u never know they can do weird things...the only solution is just to play competitive cricket against big teams, at least fans will be satisfied, even if bd lose the game
Old March 11, 2011, 02:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Don't know where you live, but where I live, I see fans leaving almost any game in NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS is usa.

Yes they may have missed a golden opportunity to witness their team's dramatic win, but its they who decide what they missed. I don't see anything wrong. Beacuse its their money they spent and its their time they prioritize how they want to spend. Ususally they do it to avoid traffic while going home.

I don't see at all its a boorish behaviour (if leaving early is what you meant).

I just showed you a thumb. now I am worried BD police may nick me for this
Old March 11, 2011, 02:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

^^^ but opening all those unnecessary threads well before the ending of the match are the sign.....
Old March 11, 2011, 02:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Don't know where you live, but where I live, I see fans leaving (when their team is losing and according to their opinion no chance to win) almost any game in NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS is usa.

Yes they may have missed a golden opportunity to witness their team's dramatic win, but its them to decide what they missed. I don't see anything wrong. Beacuse its teir money they spent and its their time they prioritize what hiow they want to spend. Ususally they do it to avoid traffic while going home.

Well leaving early was not what I meant.

Cricket is a game of glorious uncertainties like many games in this CWC have shown. I knew Bangladesh had players at the bottom who could do this. Though there had been a middle order collapse, the number of runs left to get was way below the number of balls left. Having followed Bangladeshi cricket closely, I knew a Tiger win was a possibility but also expected the match to go right down to the wire.

Those who stayed back got their money's worth but I think most of them don't have their finger nails left.

Heart patients had every right to leave the stadium. What was going on was not what their doctors would recommend !

Last edited by abherath; March 11, 2011 at 02:23 PM..
Old March 11, 2011, 02:18 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:

Heart patients had every right to leave the stadium. What was going on was not what their doctors would recommend !
Now I like what you just said.
Old March 11, 2011, 02:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Thank you all for your comments, whatever your opinion.

Congratulations brothers on your team's great success ! It was an epic victory,full of character, given the circumstances.
Old March 11, 2011, 02:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Now I like what you just said.

This is what ODI cricket can give you and T20 cannot.

An ODI makes for DING DONG battles like this. In T20s it is either a DING or a DONG but not both !
Old March 11, 2011, 02:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Ami amar tv'r shamney thikey shori nai!
Old March 11, 2011, 02:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Well leaving early was not what I meant.

Cricket is a game of glorious uncertainties like many games in this CWC have shown. I knew Bangladesh had players at the bottom who could do this. Though there had been a middle order collapse, the number of runs left to get was way below the number of balls left. Having followed Bangladeshi cricket closely, I knew a Tiger win was a possibility but also expected the match to go right down to the wire.

Those who stayed back got their money's worth but I think both of them don't have their finger nails left.

That part I agree with you. Looks like I misunderstood what you said before. I need to reread the whole thread.
Old March 11, 2011, 02:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluster11
Well said bro! But you don't have to go far to even look at such fan mentality. Just look at this bulletin board here. Even before the match ended threads were opened to fire the national coach. With fans like these who needs to worry about the opponents!

Thanks for your encouragement to the BD team.
Brother I opened the thread about firing JS. I agree that it was a silly move out of frustration. But I don't understand your concern about the mentality shown here. Can you please explain it?

Are you questioning my dedication to our cricket or cricketers?

Your another concern was fans like me who are more more harmful than the opponents, if I am not mistaken. Can you please explain this part too?

I am really lost here. If I have done something which is harmful to our cricket then I must apologize to all! If it's not then you should apologize to me!!!
Old March 11, 2011, 02:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
That part I agree with you. Looks like I misunderstood what you said before. I need to reread the whole thread.
It is OK bro.

What a great forum this is. In a few minutes I've got so many responses. This shows the passion for cricket in Bangladesh, which is a great positive.
Old March 11, 2011, 02:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Those so called fans and the yellow journalists should apologize now.
Old March 11, 2011, 03:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Very well done Tigers. It was so great to come back from that fluke defeat to the Windies, to post a very well fought out - and therefore very convincing - victory over England. As a Sri Lankan, I admired the true grit of the Tigers, especially the 9th wicket pair who played so intelligently and courageously.

No cricketer likes to go out there, do badly and lose, disappointing the fans. What happened against the Windies - not the defeat, but folding up for 58 - was purely an "accident" like Kayes said in the post match interview today. That did not give the right to so called fans to,
  • run down the Bangladeshi cricketers
  • stone their bus
  • stone the bus of the visitors
  • stone the house of the Bangladeshi captain
  • insult the Bangladeshi cricketers and the coaching staff
  • write unwarranted and unfounded "smart" comments here

Even tonight I saw so many fans leaving the stadium without staying with the Bangladeshi team when they were up against it. Shame on them ! Those fans - a vary large number - did not have the guts to see it. The same kind of people think they have the right to get violent and insulting against the Tigers and their support staff when they lose !

Come on fans, get real ! Stand by your team at all times ! Nothing gives you the right to stone them ! Even if they are genuinely bad you have no right to do that.

This team is taken seriously by any opposition now and I for one think that the Tigers are now a top notch team. I will not be surprised to see them in the semi finals this time.

Go Tigers !
Well said.
Old March 11, 2011, 04:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Very well done Tigers. It was so great to come back from that fluke defeat to the Windies, to post a very well fought out - and therefore very convincing - victory over England. As a Sri Lankan, I admired the true grit of the Tigers, especially the 9th wicket pair who played so intelligently and courageously.

No cricketer likes to go out there, do badly and lose, disappointing the fans. What happened against the Windies - not the defeat, but folding up for 58 - was purely an "accident" like Kayes said in the post match interview today. That did not give the right to so called fans to,
  • stone their bus
Even tonight I saw so many fans leaving the stadium without staying with the Bangladeshi team when they were up against it. Shame on them ! Those fans - a vary large number - did not have the guts to see it. The same kind of people think they have the right to get violent and insulting against the Tigers and their support staff when they lose !

Come on fans, get real ! Stand by your team at all times ! Nothing gives you the right to stone them ! Even if they are genuinely bad you have no right to do that.

This team is taken seriously by any opposition now and I for one think that the Tigers are now a top notch team. I will not be surprised to see them in the semi finals this time.

Go Tigers !
I am ashamed too for not supproting the Tigers when I should have. From now on I will stick to the end for any game...
The fans who leave the stadium do not read the postings of this forum
Old March 11, 2011, 04:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I left the stadium many times when tigers were bound to be loosing. I believe those who left were not traitor or has done anything to be ashamed about. They did not show their back at the team. They just cant handle the team loosing so badly (which did not happen today).
Don't want to get too carried away with labeling people one way or the other. I was in the stadium when they scored 58 against WI, and the team deserved the boos for such a performance. That was such a spineless and inexplicable performance, no one felt the team deserved much more effort than they were prepared to give themselves.

Today was a different matter. Bangladesh had come to play but had had one of their normal collapses. This is predictable and everyone should have a game plan for how they ought to behave when one occurs. The fans in this case had a responsibility to lift the team, and leaving was the diametric opposite of what was needed. Does a 4 and 6 from Shafiul bring back their voices, or do their voices give him the courage the hit those shots? Losing at any stage today would not have been losing badly - after all nothing can compare to the WI defeat.
Old March 11, 2011, 04:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib and tamim

haha the people who left thought bangladesh lost so they were upset when going home. Then they wanted to check the final score and saw that bangladesh won, lol, they must have been surprised
Old March 11, 2011, 06:35 PM
Cricket Sage

There is faint hearted fans who gave up too early and leave , and then there is dedicated fans who never gave up upto last ball . These are two spectrum of the fan base. There is good and bad in both sides.

We concentrated the "shame" side of faint hearted fans who gave up too early and leave. But I doubt those are the people who threws stones, or attack a player's house. They most likely accept loss too early and move on with their other aspect of life.

Whic category the stone throwers belong? I would say the others (who doesn't leaves early) specturm, who take the game too seriously and refuse tp move on with their life even when game is over.
Old March 11, 2011, 07:50 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
There is faint hearted fans who gave up too early and leave , and then there is dedicated fans who never gave up upto last ball . These are two spectrum of the fan base. There is good and bad in both sides.

We concentrated the "shame" side of faint hearted fans who gave up too early and leave. But I doubt those are the people who threws stones, or attack a player's house. They most likely accept loss too early and move on with their other aspect of life.

Whic category the stone throwers belong? I would say the others (who doesn't leaves early) specturm, who take the game too seriously and refuse tp move on with their life even when game is over.
I think the OP does have a point in that it is possible for fans who left early and those who were posting negative threads here even before the game had finished to be of the same type. That would seem to disprove that those who stuck out till the end would post negative comments. It is possible that there are people of all shades and color, I don't think one can generalize either way.
As a people, one should strive to be of the type which sticks with the team and also not get into this early pessimistic talk even before the last bowl has been bowled. It's hard, but neither is winning in the WC.
Old March 11, 2011, 08:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Welcome back Herath. Feels real good right now.
Quote:
stone the bus of the visitors...
Go Tigers !
I agree with you 110% that the fans should not have done that. We have still a long way to go to become civilized. Having said that, word from the street was fans couldn't tell which bus belonged to the home team. Angrily and not knowing they stoned the both. Those fans had nothing against the WI players.

May be this is a learning process for everyone.

Go Tigers get SA!!
Old March 11, 2011, 09:57 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:

• stone their bus

Go Tigers !
like!!