facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 5, 2012, 12:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Default This Loss is a Blessing in Disguise for the Team

I think this loss in the 3rd ODI has been a blessing for us as a team. We have 4 debutants and a couple comparatively new guys in the team....if we would win it straight 3-0 tonight, they would get a wrong lesson out of it. They wouldn't learn to fight. In their very first series they needed some obstacles on their way...it was all coming too easy.

I'm happy that we are leading 2-1 with 2 more matches to come. Team will have some serious look at their mistakes and come up with strategies to beat this WI in the next match. They will have some exercises within the team that they didn't have till now. They were just trying to go with the motion.

If we can win the series from here, that will prepare these guys for tougher fights against stronger teams...Saqlayen must be working with the bowlers, what went wrong, while WI spinners have done so well, why our frontline spinners couldn't utilize the conditions; SJ should be asking Mushy why he chose Rubel at that time, instead of Mash, if pace was necessary; why the batting failed so miserably....etc etc...

This should help our young boyz and the team to prepare for the SL series. Good that WI put up some resistance. If we can't win the series from here, that will also show us our weakness and we have to work harder and lower our expectations against stronger teams...

This loss gives us the opportunity to get better as a team.

Old December 5, 2012, 12:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

It's not rocket science really. catches win matches! you drop some, you lose some!
Old December 5, 2012, 01:13 PM

Nice and positive analysis BANFAN.

Well, the way we have played yesterday, we didn't deserve to win IMHO.

Tomorrow is a new day and we should play our positive cricket as we did in the first two ODIs.

> Tamim should play his "natural game" instead blocking.
> Bijoy should work on his footwork.
> Naeem should bat at #6, not at #3
> Mushy should come at second down, look for batting until 35th overs or so
> Nasir should come after Momin as he is lacking confidence

The rest will be fine as our bowlers are doing well so far.
Old December 5, 2012, 01:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Nice and positive analysis BANFAN.

Well, the way we have played yesterday, we didn't deserve to win IMHO.

Tomorrow is a new day and we should play our positive cricket as we did in the first two ODIs.

> Tamim should play his "natural game" instead blocking.
> Bijoy should work on his footwork.
> Naeem should bat at #6, not at #3
> Mushy should come at second down, look for batting until 35th overs or so
> Nasir should come after Momin as he is lacking confidence

The rest will be fine as our bowlers are doing well so far.
Well said. I Agree with you.
Old December 5, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Why was TI playing so defensively anyways?
Old December 5, 2012, 02:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Why was TI playing so defensively anyways?
Maybe the pitch didn't seem very enticing to him. Plus, WI was bowling really well at the beginning. I think he paced his innings quite well, until that wicket. The extra bounce really did him in at the end.
Old December 5, 2012, 02:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Angur phol tok :P

but nice post
Old December 5, 2012, 02:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I think this loss in the 3rd ODI has been a blessing for us as a team. We have 4 debutants and a couple comparatively new guys in the team....if we would win it straight 3-0 tonight, they would get a wrong lesson out of it. They wouldn't learn to fight. In their very first series they needed some obstacles on their way...it was all coming too easy.

I'm happy that we are leading 2-1 with 2 more matches to come. Team will have some serious look at their mistakes and come up with strategies to beat this WI in the next match. They will have some exercises within the team that they didn't have till now. They were just trying to go with the motion.

If we can win the series from here, that will prepare these guys for tougher fights against stronger teams...Saqlayen must be working with the bowlers, what went wrong, while WI spinners have done so well, why our frontline spinners couldn't utilize the conditions; SJ should be asking Mushy why he chose Rubel at that time, instead of Mash, if pace was necessary; why the batting failed so miserably....etc etc...

This should help our young boyz and the team to prepare for the SL series. Good that WI put up some resistance. If we can't win the series from here, that will also show us our weakness and we have to work harder and lower our expectations against stronger teams...

well said BANFAN dada don't know about others but today I felt like the new comers were looked bit self-satisfied while batting at least the way they threw their bat at a time both Anamul and Mominul when there was needed some cautiousness, yep they seemed like they took the approach too easy. No doubt these two are our future, specially Mominul's technique look so solid and the way he plays look very riskless, but they have to learn and earn it through tough lesson, otherwise they will never value their potentials.
Old December 5, 2012, 02:40 PM
Cricket Guru

agree with all ...great thread BANFAN but here's my two cents

Anamul and Mominul hajar hoieyleo Bd batsmen and I doubt they will improve significantly and value their wickets in next two matches, if they can rectify ...then mukhe full chondon poruk...let's see if they are the same like other ones

Shohag was unlucky but today he also bowled loose deliveries...probably the dew but didn't they practice bowling in dew before the series...if not why organize the match in D/N just to sell tickets!! Narine came back strong probably Shohag needs to do the same if BD wants another win.
Old December 5, 2012, 02:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Actually in winter there is no point putting a D/N on a weekend. BCB needs to act accordingly.
Old December 5, 2012, 02:53 PM
Banned

Nasir only flourishes when he plays with his buddy Shakib.
Old December 5, 2012, 02:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Actually in winter there is no point putting a D/N on a weekend. BCB needs to act accordingly.
But then in winter you can't start early because of the fog
Old December 5, 2012, 02:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

kisher blessing in disguise.
as if BD are winning too often so we need to get the taste of defeat aswell.
I understand it's about the new players but mind you the 2 MoMs were Anamul & Gazi, and it's not like they got it easily, they had to work hard to get wickets or runs.
I'm not so disappointed as I thought it was a good match but I can't agree that we needed a loss at this point.
With a team like BD these new comers will face many defeats anyway.
Old December 5, 2012, 03:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
kisher blessing in disguise.
as if BD are winning too often so we need to get the taste of defeat aswell.
I understand it's about the new players but mind you the 2 MoMs were Anamul & Gazi, and it's not like they got it easily, they had to work hard to get wickets or runs.
I'm not so disappointed as I thought it was a good match but I can't agree that we needed a loss at this point.
With a team like BD these new comers will face many defeats anyway.

Old December 5, 2012, 04:18 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

A loss is never a blessing. But, if the players work on correcting the mistakes from this match, we'll go up 3-1 on Friday. We are a better team in ODI, at least at home.
Old December 5, 2012, 07:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

i agree with you, at some pints we were very good, but we made some key mistakes at some key moments, like throwing wickets playing the wrong shot while batting.

during bowling we dropped a lot of catches and lots of misfields. Dew was present and grund was slippery but the ball was not really that wet, so spinners were getting turn.

i say they were getting too much turn and BD spinners got excited and thought everyball they will bowl they will get wickets and so they were trying to hard and there was bad balls every now and then.

and also how many time the batsman were beaten and the ball almost took the edge ??? at least 30 times. so unlucky we are.

we just need some fine tuning in techniques and decision making. if the pitch remains same we are fav for series win. WI ow know there Batsmen has to produce EPIC innings to beat BD.

good luck BD
Old December 5, 2012, 09:04 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The loss should be of serious concern because of the impact Narine had in this game.
Narine finally found his doosra in this match which we really haven't seen prior to this game. We have played him comfortably because he wasn't turning it both ways. In the last game, anamul who looks very strong against spin, completely misread the delivery and got lbw. Our middle order needs some serious video analysis to do of Narine's bowling now.
Old December 6, 2012, 12:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

No need to justify the loss.
We lost, thats all.
You lose some , you win some.
Can't expect WI to lie flat and be ready to be rolled over by Bangladesh.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 6, 2012, 01:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

In cricket, not everyday will go according to plan. But I liked how Bangladesh fought yesterday, until the unfortunate Rubel over, the result was 60-40 to West indies and they sure had some nerves. Bangladesh had a below par batting performance, but kept fighting.

I liked that. Previously a 220 would mean the opposition would cruise to victory within 45 overs and never feel any pressure. It was good to see that despite lots of dropped chances, bad phases of cricket, we still managed to fight. If we keep this attitude and have Shakib back, I would like to see Lankans stop us.
Old December 6, 2012, 01:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
It's not rocket science really. catches win matches! you drop some, you lose some!

Tell them Rifat, tell them!

I've been belaboring this point for so long now, and people keep going on about line up. Even if we don't have the optimum line up, catches will make the difference.

3 dropped catches today. 2 by Mash, 1 by Mahmadullah. Hence we lost.
Old December 6, 2012, 01:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

Good analysis BANFAN. All UAE minds think alike.. :P

Anyways, i expect a Gayle-storm friday noon. It is weirdly overdue. Samuels will score a quickfire 30-odd and will get back to hut. Pollard will provide impetus at the end with a cameo (if they bat first).

People who are considering the toss win as 75% of the game won, lets not forget WI spinners will get turn/bounce in the 2nd innings just like we did yesterday. So it wont be easy from any angle. Hence, lets not worry about the toss and play normal game with the intention to wrap up the series.

Changes - Zia for Naeem (partner Mash with the new bowl), Sunny for Rubel (spin WI to defeat).

Simple eh!
Old December 6, 2012, 04:24 PM
Cricket Legend

since Asia Cup..Bangladesh won 2 games and then lost one...now we won 2 games and lost one...so if patterns stay the same..we shud be winning next 2 games and loose the T20 In sha Allah

Last edited by BD Tigers; December 6, 2012 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: typo
Old December 6, 2012, 07:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

i agree with KP and suja bhai here.

i think elias sunny might feature in main XI today. our selectors are doing wonderful job in ODI and if they bring sunny in main XI-- they will show their maturity as a selector.
i think order should be reshuffled as well

tamim
anamul
mominul --- he is always one down in under 19 level
mushfiq
nasir
naeem
mahmudullah
mashrafe
elias sunny/ ziaur rahman
sohag gazi
abdur razzaq
Old December 6, 2012, 07:55 PM
Cricket Savant

acha bhaiss amra ki ekhono denial e achi??
Old December 7, 2012, 12:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Shown us one side of the character of this team in last two ODIs.....can we turn it around tomorrow?? That will show us another side of the character of this team.

If we fail to win this series....and take it lying just like today, it will also show what we actually are....So just winning the series due to opponents throwing it away, would have given us a false impression of the team's improvement.

Can these guys turn it around from here?? They get a third chance to do it. When it matters, a real team will show their character....and snatch a victory or at least will fight till the last ball is bowled.

We don't need a Mullah's match saving 50 without any intent for winning, we want to see characters like Sammy, who will save the innings and then show intent when the repair work is done. That's the true character of a capable team...