facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: With which of these do you agree?
Bangladesh U-19 performed better than Bangladesh main XI 16 51.61%
Nah! Both are gonners. 5 16.13%
No! Bangladesh main XI played far better 1 3.23%
Too embarrased to talk! 9 29.03%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 22, 2008, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla
BDFlag Bangladesh U-19 is performing better than Bangladesh main XI

In the past 12 months, I have come to notice that Bangladesh U-19 team has been playing better than our Bangladesh main XI team. For example the glorious performance in the U-19 world cup and some other tours.

After the really poor performance of Bangladesh against Pakistan, I feel pretty embarassed. I am thinking of the U-19 team more. Can they bring us the glory of consistent wins?
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]

Old April 22, 2008, 05:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

haate khali chulkai..
Old April 22, 2008, 05:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
haate khali chulkai..
Why so??? lol
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 22, 2008, 07:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

the gap in standard is huge between the u19 level and senior international cricket level. u19 players are more raw talent whereas by the time players hit the national team they're supposed to be fairly well developed. it just shows that the problem in development in bangladesh cricket is from the u19 stage to the senior international stage because they're doing fine at u19 level but not so great after that. even if you take age into consideration the national players should still be performing better and more consistently than they are.
Old April 22, 2008, 09:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

absolutely!
Old April 22, 2008, 09:28 PM
Banned

Please note that BD under 19 were all ways strong, its nothing new.....But Success of the youth team stops there and that chapter is closed. Please don't assume that BD has Bright future based on the under 19 success as its not that Simple...Problem is that unlike other countries, BCB like to take short cuts and by not developing these raw talent, they are making winners in to losers. BD is the worst team in the history and they simply should be taken out of the regular international arena...
Old April 22, 2008, 11:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Pointless thread IMO.
Old April 23, 2008, 01:21 AM
Cricket Legend

I will reiterate Gowzas point. Its no point making a comparison between our record in Under 19 and international cricket. Under 19 is very much a level playing field, and an area we do well in regularly. Although we had a disappointing Under 19 World Cup, just prior to that we beat South Africa and Pakistan both away from home. Even in Sri Lanka most under 19 graduates will have to perform consistently for years before they are considered for selection. And in this period, they go through a lot of grooming through top coaches and mentors.
We have the rash tendency of sending our Under 19 grads on a couple of A team tours then rushing them into the National Side. Its a flaw in our policy and something that needs to be corrected.
And on the topic of our Under 19 team, i feel we need to get hold of another top quality coach in the mold of McIness.
Old April 23, 2008, 02:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
I will reiterate Gowzas point. Its no point making a comparison between our record in Under 19 and international cricket. Under 19 is very much a level playing field, and an area we do well in regularly. Although we had a disappointing Under 19 World Cup, just prior to that we beat South Africa and Pakistan both away from home. Even in Sri Lanka most under 19 graduates will have to perform consistently for years before they are considered for selection. And in this period, they go through a lot of grooming through top coaches and mentors.
We have the rash tendency of sending our Under 19 grads on a couple of A team tours then rushing them into the National Side. Its a flaw in our policy and something that needs to be corrected.
And on the topic of our Under 19 team, i feel we need to get hold of another top quality coach in the mold of McIness.
You are correct! Absolutely
Old April 23, 2008, 02:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I want the current U-19 team to represent BD

in ten years time
Old April 23, 2008, 03:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

U 19- A paa kapena , main team-a khel- lei paa kaapay !!
Old April 23, 2008, 03:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Can't answer, coz the question is wrong. And certainly none of the answers apply to the question I have.

The question is this: Is the U-19 team putting their full effort into the game?

The answer is: Yes

There is a gulf of difference between the question asked in this thread, vs. the question I'm asking.

I just hope that these golden boys are not being seen by the team management anytime soon. I want these golden boys to be full-grown golden men before they appear in the team.
Old April 23, 2008, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Can't answer, coz the question is wrong. And certainly none of the answers apply to the question I have.

The question is this: Is the U-19 team putting their full effort into the game?

The answer is: Yes

There is a gulf of difference between the question asked in this thread, vs. the question I'm asking.

I just hope that these golden boys are not being seen by the team management anytime soon. I want these golden boys to be full-grown golden men before they appear in the team.

Please,
Ulta poth ta na follow kore shoja pothtae jaan. It will be good for you.
Old April 23, 2008, 07:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Aftab Ahmed, Shahriar Nafees, Enamul Haque Jnr, Shahadat Hossain, Shakib Al Hasan all played in the same U 19 side. They were even more succesful than the current side. Now look at these players at test level.
http://www.bdcricketfans.com - The home of Bangladeshi Cricket Fans. Go here and sign up for more BD cricket chat. http://www.cricketminnows.tk - Sign up here for talk about the cricket minnow countries of Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Kenya and the associate teams.
Old April 24, 2008, 01:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Well they didnt get the platform to develop their skills. I am sure if they were groomed and played domestic cricket in India or Pakistan or even Sri Lanka they would have been much more accomplished players.
On the topic of the Under 19 team, any idea who will coach us? I would like to see a quality coach assigned. Now i dont doubt the ability of Nazmul Abedin Fahim, but i feel we need a much more accomplished coach. McIness and De Winter were both terrific coaches, and we should have gotten a proper replacement. The result in the last World Cup could have been different.
Old April 24, 2008, 10:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

it is the pressure form the fans, the attitude of the players (they all think that just to play for BD national team is the ultimate ectasy)
ifrsutructure , professinalism and proper fitness is the key..
Old April 24, 2008, 10:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Why so??? lol
To click on "New Thread" button for useless thread.
Old April 24, 2008, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

you can't really say under 19 team is better.. because when the current bunch were in the under 19 level.. they were pretty good.. but look at them now.. what do you see?? i pretty much see the same future for the current under 19 squad.. i just hope i'm wrong..
Old April 25, 2008, 06:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikfreak
you can't really say under 19 team is better.. because when the current bunch were in the under 19 level.. they were pretty good.. but look at them now.. what do you see?? i pretty much see the same future for the current under 19 squad.. i just hope i'm wrong..
I hope you are very very wrong. I want the Bangladesh cricket team to improve a lot. I want them to be atleast the number 6 or 7 team in the world.
Old April 25, 2008, 06:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Our U-19 performance team structure will deliver. It is a matter of time. Perhaps Aftab and company are not meeting expectations but next 10 years will be a huge difference in capabilities from th einaugarual U-19 team we had in the world cup.
Old April 25, 2008, 07:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i agree completely wholeheartedly with Gowza because we shouldn't make our players jump from 2nd grade mathematics to senior college calculus just because we got a 100 in our last math test, we need to teach them Pre-calculus, which in my opinion, is English county cricket... all our national bound players should travel to england this summer and train and play against english county teams... that's the only best way i think we can improve...

english county cricket, in my opinion a good instructor on how to play cricket.

only money is a concern...