facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 3, 2005, 11:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default [Old Thread] Who do you like to have a date with: Sania or Shabina?

Two different situations but both youngsters managed to create sensational headlines and gossips among the young Muslims. One is wearing the tennis short while the other one Jiljab. One is breaking the rigid rules of not wearing the Hijab and participating in International Sports while the other making headlines by refusing to wear anything but traditional Muslim gown in her school in UK.

So, here is the question; if you happen to be the lucky guy,

Who do you like to have a date with: Sania or Shabina?

Old March 3, 2005, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

I'll date Sania 10 out of 10 times. And no, it has nothing to do with their dress code.
Old March 3, 2005, 12:29 PM
Cricket Legend

I think i will take the jiljab girl, damn now people are going to be all over me....lighten up people lighten up
Old March 3, 2005, 12:39 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

nauzubilla, nauzubilla............
Old March 3, 2005, 12:40 PM
Cricket Sage

My choice is obvious. No point to spell it out.

Edited on, March 3, 2005, 5:48 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Reason: typo
Old March 3, 2005, 12:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

both !!
Old March 3, 2005, 02:21 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

None of them.

I don't know anything about Sania, except that she's in Tennis, which in not one of the things that I enjoy.

I don't like dress hypocrites either (doesn't matter type. I'd prefer to stay away from "hijab"/bangali/western, all kind of dress hypocrites).

Edited on, March 3, 2005, 7:21 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old March 3, 2005, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

I have read somewhere that Shabina is 16, and dating a 16 yaer old girl is a no-no to me.
Old March 3, 2005, 04:31 PM
Test Cricketer

sania.

free passes to all the grandslams

ps: hope my gf never sees this thread
Old March 3, 2005, 04:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Being dressed in Purple and Black, Shabina has got that Gothic look!
Old March 3, 2005, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
I have read somewhere that Shabina is 16, and dating a 16 yaer old girl is a no-no to me.

well its not like the rest of us are all lining up to actually date 16 year olds either... i read this poll simply as who is better looking or maybe attractive for whatever they represent (the clothing issue included) - and what's interesting is that you can wear that jiljab and still have guys start a poll on how good you may look....so now you know why some women take it to the next step and prefer to cover their faces, too, revealing only the eyes! But if you a re a sucker for eyes like I am, even that is dangerous. I say lock them up and don't let them out, women will be safest at home....
Old March 3, 2005, 06:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Rafiq,

I am more of a sucker for what's "hidden" than what's revealing.

Indeed, i have often found my eyes to be less perverse to what's evident and on it's face value than what's hidden and open to imagination.

I guess it applies to most of us in general, to varying degrees.
Old March 3, 2005, 06:52 PM
Test Cricketer

i got some questions....

first of all which one is which????

second, whats their nationality?? i know they are in UK but are they south asian???

i will go for the tennis due to the fact that the hijab one will probably reject me straight away
Old March 3, 2005, 07:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
C'mon! Stretch your imagination and think that you are 17
I did say, if you happen to be the lucky guy;
didn't I?
Old March 3, 2005, 07:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by tiger_man
i got some questions....

first of all which one is which????

second, whats their nationality?? i know they are in UK but are they south asian???
Top one is Sania from India while the bottom one is Shabina from UK.
Old March 3, 2005, 08:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Cisco Guy and Rafiq,

I stand corrected.

I'll ignore the age equation for the time being and think of the days when i fantasized about Britney spears while she was still hot for her "arrested developments".

Ever since Britney made it big, i have started to fancy my chances against good looking blondes.
Old March 3, 2005, 08:47 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I am sorry, but I am going to spoil the party you guys are having. I can't quite share in the light fun you are having. This has to be one of the most tasteless threads I have ever seen on banglacricket. Very disappointing for me!

To think that a 16 year old girl's struggle in a court of law, for what she believed to be her right under the law of the land (the court ruling vindicating her), is grounds for her being branded as a "dress hypocrite" by some one in this thread, and of course, "brainwashed" (in the other thread on this related subject) is the height of irony for me. I don't know Shabina and will not judge her based on a a few articles that talk about one event in her life, but if she were to be really "brainwashed" and a "hypocrite", she is certainly not the only one.
Old March 3, 2005, 09:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Pompous,

Talk of hypocrisy, here is what i call hypocrisy

"The school's decision to prevent my adherence to my religion cannot unfortunately be viewed as merely a local decision taken in isolation. Rather it was a consequence of an atmosphere that has been created in western societies post 9/11, an atmosphere in which Islam has been made a target for vilification in the name of the 'war on terror'."

The '16 year old' seems way too mature to even leave behind the 60 year olds in how one can twist and prevert something and extract extra mileage out of it.

Sorry, i know 16 year olds and what kind of statements they can make. There is neither innocence nor victimization here. It's simply a case of exploiting the leniencies of liberal and extra-supportive laws of the land. And worst, people have started to take note.
Old March 3, 2005, 10:19 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I think thats too harsh. I was 16 once and I used to have strong views about what was going on around the world...and I believe I was quite articulate for a 16 year old..but while my views may have been misguided...it was mainly because of my naivete...I have not come across too many hypocrite 16 year olds...but lots of naive ones!

Quote:
Pompous,

Talk of hypocrisy, here is what i call hypocrisy

"The school's decision to prevent my adherence to my religion cannot unfortunately be viewed as merely a local decision taken in isolation. Rather it was a consequence of an atmosphere that has been created in western societies post 9/11, an atmosphere in which Islam has been made a target for vilification in the name of the 'war on terror'."

The '16 year old' seems way too mature to even leave behind the 60 year olds in how one can twist and prevert something and extract extra mileage out of it.

Sorry, i know 16 year olds and what kind of statements they can make. There is neither innocence nor victimization here. It's simply a case of exploiting the leniencies of liberal and extra-supportive laws of the land. And worst, people have started to take note.
Old March 3, 2005, 10:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

yeah...
Old March 3, 2005, 11:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

What a thread!
you guys ran out of 'entertainment topics' for opening threads?!
Old March 5, 2005, 06:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

mayb that indian tennis gal
Old March 5, 2005, 08:34 AM
Test Cricketer

None of them.

Shabina is not my type.

Sania is a babe. But i would not date someone only because she's good at sports. A Sania look-a-like with interest in arts would be a nice date. :cool2:
Old March 5, 2005, 05:15 PM
Cricket Legend

I stand with pompous against DJ Shahastra on this. Sure, she might be trying to extract some extra mileage out of it by linking it to the war on terror, but I can't say I am surprised that the statement came from a 16 year old. Just because you may not know a 16 year old with that degree of maturity DJ S doesn't mean that a 16 year old cannot have the requisite maturity to make such a statement.

Plus, isn't she right? Isn't it only after 9/11 that schools in France and Britain are going around doing this sort of thing. There might be a case for discouraging certain forms of religious expression in schools, but to tell a Hijab or Jilbab or whatever wearing Muslim girl that she cannot wear it is tantamount to expelling her from the school. Its like telling the Sikhs to take off their turbans and shave off their beards! I'm sorry DJ, this is not someone exploiting the "liberal and extra-supportive laws of the land,' she is a victim and as Pompous pointed out, the courts have vindicated her!
Old March 5, 2005, 06:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Well Sham, School uniforms were there for a reason, I was always tought, so that all children were dressed the same and could not be bullied or discriminated against they were not wearing the latest fashions. I wonder if she will opt out of the school PE kit.

If a head scarf is of desperate importance then I see no problem with that but if you're suggesting total school uniform abolition.....that's dangerous.

Edited on, March 5, 2005, 11:39 PM GMT, by Zephaniah.