facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Simulation and Fantasy Cricket

Simulation and Fantasy Cricket Sub forum for all simulation and fantasy related topics

Old August 5, 2012, 01:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

@Dilscoop: When can we expect:

1) List of players to be drafted?

2) Draft schedule?

3) Trade deadline?

I think you should publish all three ASAP and then work on other things. According to my understanding, N_W is being rewarded with a bonus draft pick for signing up a couple of days early, and by the same "logic" latecomers shouldn't have the early knowledge we should of who to draft and try and trade for before the deadline
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old August 5, 2012, 01:27 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Gotta have Warne. The best IPL coach bar none. I hope you followed his career there as a coach. He's not a "bowling coach". His coaching specialty lies in creating innovative and aggressive strategies and building the necessary synergy to execute those by utilizing his resources perfectly. Not spin bowling. Spin bowling features less significantly in my swing-centric bowling attack and I don't need a spin bowling coach as such.
lol bro it won't figure out all that! It won't recognize him as "Shane Warne" - the great all that you just said. But if I put him in as batting coach instead of Hayden (as all the other category is full), that will only hurt you as his stat/skill will be low for batting.

I think Warne is on my pool. You can always draft him. But we are still in talk with the retired players. (As is I only wrote down the currently available INT players, and I'm still not sure how far back I'll go in the retired category yet)
Old August 5, 2012, 01:33 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
@Dilscoop: When can we expect:

1) List of players to be drafted?

2) Draft schedule?

3) Trade deadline?

I think you should publish all three ASAP and then work on other things. According to my understanding, N_W is being rewarded with a bonus draft pick for signing up a couple of days early, and by the same "logic" latecomers shouldn't have the early knowledge we should of who to draft and try and trade for before the deadline
I've gathered about 400 players, I'm still adding more. I also have the schedule ready. I was thinking about posting them as soon as we have the last 2 dude and as soon as current managers finish those steps. But I guess I can post the player list so you guys can get an idea and plan things. That makes sense. Points for you.

I haven't really thought about trading though, as it being the first season. What you have in mind?
Old August 5, 2012, 01:34 AM
MLC World Series I

Glad to have got a nice 2nd sponsor and back staff. Phew
Old August 5, 2012, 01:36 AM
MLC World Series I

Dilscoop, I've updated my back staff and sponsor. It's the last post in the prev page.
Old August 5, 2012, 01:38 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Dilscoop you got my 2nd sponsor wrong
Old August 5, 2012, 01:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I've gathered about 400 players, I'm still adding more. I also have the schedule ready. I was thinking about posting them as soon as we have the last 2 dude and as soon as current managers finish those steps. But I guess I can post the player list so you guys can get an idea and plan things. That makes sense. Points for you.

I haven't really thought about trading though, as it being the first season. What you have in mind?
Once you post a trade deadline, the GMs here can trade players and future draft picks after the draft. Makes the draft strategy far more interesting because you end up drafting players you want to trade in order to get the players you want but couldn't draft.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 5, 2012, 01:52 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

@ N_W fixed. You too pulled a BK on me, posting too many sponsors. lol

@ Maysun, updated.

Quote:
Once you post a trade deadline, the GMs here can trade players and future draft picks after the draft. Makes the draft strategy far more interesting because you end up drafting players you want to trade in order to get the players you want but couldn't draft.
Hm. But we will start draft time at the same time, officially. Right? If rest of the GMs agree with it, I don't mind.

You guys like the trade deadline idea?
Old August 5, 2012, 01:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Exclamation Important!

My dear friend who goes by the name Beamer here, wouldn't want to miss out on any of this. He's busy with his newborn ATM, so is it OK for me to step-in on his behalf and get the Pittsburgh Penguins. He can take over whenever he logs on again. If so, then here's the info you need.

Owner: Mario Lemieux

Sponsor: United States Steel Corporation

HG: PNC Park
Old August 5, 2012, 01:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Hm. But we will start draft time at the same time, officially. Right? If rest of the GMs agree with it, I don't mind.

You guys like the trade deadline idea?
The list of players can be published months before the actually draft begins.
Old August 5, 2012, 02:06 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Ya I was gonna do that. I was also gonna ask you guys to get additional "missing" players to sign up.

Quote:
My dear friend who goes by the name Beamer here, wouldn't want to miss out on any of this. He's busy with his newborn ATM, so is it OK for me to step-in on his behalf and get the Pittsburgh Penguins. He can take over whenever he logs on again. If so, then here's the info you need.

Owner: Mario Lemieux

Sponsor: United States Steel Corporation

HG: PNC Park
You call managers. All 15 of you decide. It's very important matter. As he can easily manipulate the draft. (Sharks+Penguins. Coincidence?)
Old August 5, 2012, 02:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
lol bro it won't figure out all that! It won't recognize him as "Shane Warne" - the great all that you just said. But if I put him in as batting coach instead of Hayden (as all the other category is full), that will only hurt you as his stat/skill will be low for batting.

I think Warne is on my pool. You can always draft him. But we are still in talk with the retired players. (As is I only wrote down the currently available INT players, and I'm still not sure how far back I'll go in the retired category yet)
Coaching ability and playing ability are totally different things and the AI must reflect that in order to be credible. Pull actual coaching record of the ex-player turned coach when it comes to coaching. If Warne is in your pool than I'll reassess. I'm more interested in him as a head coach to be honest.
Old August 5, 2012, 02:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Arrey bhai, this seems for me full time work inputs bhais...

The Saints Press Release:

New Orleans Saints names coaches:

Head Coach: Gordon Greenidge
Bowling Coach - Pace: Jeff Lawson
Bowling Coach - Spin: Anil Kumble
Fielding Coach: Julien Fountain
Trainer: Arnold Shcwarzenager
Physio: Dr. M.H. Rubel
Curator: Pedro Ganzales
Old August 5, 2012, 02:08 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I see 3 non-manager member visiting this thread. Why not sign up? It's gonna be great way to kill this 50 days. Don't miss out!
Old August 5, 2012, 02:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
You call managers. All 15 of you decide. It's very important matter. As he can easily manipulate the draft. (Sharks+Penguins. Coincidence?)
I won't be allowed to trade between SF and PIT, problem solved. No way I'll give my dear friend anything less than a great team. Our personal relationship would be at risk if I do. Think about it.
Old August 5, 2012, 02:15 AM
Cricket Savant

New Orleans Saints - Louisiana Superdome

Pitch Condiitons:
Pitch Speed: 10
Pitch Grip: 8
Pitch Bounce: 9
Pitch Variation: 8
Pitch Deterioration: 5
Old August 5, 2012, 02:15 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom

Fielding Coach: Fountain
Allah..! No mia!

batting coach (GG), bowling coach (Jeff Lawson), fielding coach (Fountain), trainer(?), physio (?) and a curator(?). Follow the instruction or else you'll be fined.
Quote:
New Orleans Saints - Louisiana Superdome

Pitch Condiitons:
Pitch Speed: 10
Pitch Grip: 8
Pitch Bounce: 9
Pitch Variation: 8
Pitch Deterioration: 5
You are in a dome. I don't think the bounce and variation is accurate. WAY too high. Any challenge before I punch in those number?
Old August 5, 2012, 02:21 AM
Administrator

Default Cowboys Kit Revealed

In a star studded ceremony at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, owner of Texas Cowboys, billionaire Michael Dell of Dell revealed the franchises colors and kits of the Texas Cowboys for the upcoming Major League Cricket inaugural season. Flanked by the chairman and CEO of AT&T Randall L Stephenson and partner Sandra Bullock, the uniform was revealed in a Times Square at New York like ball-drop ceremony, where a huge replica of the uniform was lowered from the ceiling amongst balloon drops and the sounds of a thousand vuvuzela’s playing the team war cry.

Rallying the crowd, Dell spoke of Austin’s can do spirit. “Austin represents the spirit of Texas. Don’t mess with us. Don’t mess with the Cowboys”.

Major sponsor AT&T’s chairman and CEO Randall L Stephenson said, “We are damn proud to be part of this franchise. Just like they could not tear AT&T apart and the baby bells all came back home to mama, they will not be able to tear apart the ‘boys. While I was at the ATT Bell labs, I actually got to play cricket with our researchers and engineers who use to play over the weekend in New Jersey. I love the game and I know Austin will love the game and the cowboys”.

Austin native and Oscar winner actress Sandra Bullock, who is a major shareholder of the cowboys, spoke of her excitement to be part of this brand new franchise and vowed to be at each and every home game.

In a surprise announcement, Dell said that they have approached the city for permission to have a purpose built stadium constructed on the banks of Lake Travis. This 75,000 seat stadium will be home from next season. Until then, the Cowboys will be playing at 100,000 seat Texas memorial Stadium which also hosts the Texas Longhorns.
Old August 5, 2012, 02:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Allah..! No mia!

batting coach (GG), bowling coach (Jeff Lawson), fielding coach (Fountain), trainer(?), physio (?) and a curator(?). Follow the instruction or else you'll be fined.
Yes Boss..just updated...it takes time to hire and sign thiese people Boss...I am hiring from all over the world...my Agents are running on low gas 24/7...
Old August 5, 2012, 02:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Great job Z
Old August 5, 2012, 02:26 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

HOTDAMN DOC! I know you were being all chupchap for a reason. I was just waiting for something sick. But that went far beyond my expectations. As they say, FP material.

ZK is officially leading the money chart now. (although that ceremony must've cost a lot!)
Old August 5, 2012, 02:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
You are in a dome. I don't think the bounce and variation is accurate. WAY too high. Any challenge before I punch in those number?
Of course you can build a bouncy pitch inside a dome, but the bounciness would be impacted as the pitch deteriorates inside the controlled dome environment. That same controlled environment however, will create very little variation. I other words, bounce can be high but variation and deterioration lower than outdoor venues unless you're deliberately building an unstable, uncured pitch that simply goes to hell over time.
Old August 5, 2012, 02:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Go Saints....

Meet Gumbo, the Saint Bernard, official Mascot of the New Orleans Saints...

Old August 5, 2012, 02:36 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

FP material.
Old August 5, 2012, 02:43 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:

Fielding Coach: Julien Fountain
Trainer: Arnold Shcwarzenager
Physio: Dr. M.H. Rubel
Curator: Pedro Ganzales
BK again, read the instructions please. You are killing me! 1 Batting, Bowling, Fielding coach. So I'm just assign GG as your batting, Lawson as your bowling, Fountain as your fielding coach. I don't think you can't afford Arnold Shcwarzenager with your Popeye chickens. IDK Who Rubel is. I don't even know how am I suppose to convert Ganzales' stats into the sim! (Good thing curator is not part of the sim. I just added for fun...)

Your deadline is almost over. Get those positions filled out, or else you will run without a trainer = injuries.

lol guess who BK's acting right now?