facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 20, 2008, 01:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Black Guy Asks Nation For Change

CHICAGO—According to witnesses, a loud black man approached a crowd of some 4,000 strangers in downtown Chicago Tuesday and made repeated demands for change.

"The time for change is now," said the black guy, yelling at everyone within earshot for 20 straight minutes, practically begging America for change. "The need for change is stronger and more urgent than ever before. And only you—the people standing here today, and indeed all the people of this great nation—only you can deliver this change."

Enlarge Image

The black guy is oddly comfortable demanding change from people he's never even met.

It is estimated that, to date, the black man has asked every single person in the United States for change.

"I've already seen this guy four times today," Chicago-area ad salesman Blake Gordon said. "Every time, it's the same exact spiel. 'I need change.' 'I want change.' Why's he so eager for all this change? What's he going to do with it, anyway?"

After his initial requests for change, the black man rambled nonstop on a variety of unrelated topics, calling for affordable health care, demanding that the government immediately begin withdrawing troops from Iraq, and proposing a $75 billion economic stimulus plan to create new jobs.

"What a wacko," Schaumburg, IL resident Patrick Morledge said. "And, of course, after telling us all about how he had the ability to magically fix everything, he went right back to asking for change. Typical."

"If he's really looking for change, he's got the wrong guy," Morledge added.
Reports indicate that the black man has been riding from city to city across the country, asking for change wherever he goes. Citizens in Austin, TX said they spotted the same guy standing on the street Friday, shouting far-fetched ideas about global warming. Cleveland residents also reported seeing him in a local park, wildly gesticulating and quoting from the Bible. And last week, patrons at the Starlight Diner in Cheyenne, WY claimed that the black man accosted them while they were eating, repeatedly requesting change.

"I saw him walk in and I knew he was headed straight for our table," said mother of three Gladys Davies. "He just stood there smiling at us for a while, and asked how our food tasted. Then he went and did the same thing at the next table over. The nerve of some people."

Those who encountered the black man Tuesday said he engaged in erratic behavior, including pointing at random people in the crowd and desperately saying he needs their help, going up to complete strangers and hugging them, and angrily claiming that he is not looking for just a little bit of change, but rather a great deal of change, and that he wants it "right now."

"I'll be honest, when that black guy said he would 'stop at nothing' to get change, it kind of scared me," local mechanic Phil Nighbert said. "Just leave me alone."
Though many were taken aback by the black man's brazen demands, some, such as Jackson, MS's Holly Moser, sympathized with him. She gave the black man credit for boldly standing up and asking every last person around him for change.

"I told him I'd give him some if I saw him later, even though I probably won't," Moser said. "Very nice man, though."

Most, however, ignored his requests.

"I'm a hardworking American who pays his taxes, and the last thing I need is some guy on the street demanding change from me," said William Overkamp, a Springfield, IL gun-shop owner.

He added, "What he really needs is a job."

Old March 20, 2008, 06:56 AM

[Originally Posted: 5:56PM BDT] Source: The Onion?

[Update 6:00 pm] Aha- so it is from the Onion
Old March 20, 2008, 04:21 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

How much did he collect so far?
Old March 20, 2008, 04:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Bissash koren I thought, by reading the heading, this was Omaba asking for a change in America. This is election season.
Old March 20, 2008, 06:33 PM
Banned

Annoying theses damn buggers ! A nuisance, I say !

Hope President McCain does something about this problem by next year.
Old March 21, 2008, 03:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Very soon we'll see the two big "O" take on each other head on. Obama vs Osama.
Old March 27, 2008, 09:26 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Any thoughts on Obama's spiritual guide? Mrs. Obama was out lecturing folks to get together and appreciate each others difference (laudable), when in reality, she has been a member of a majority African American Church for the last 20 years. A church that has a history of being racially divisive. Ek bhondo rajnitir desh theke r ek bhondo rajnitir desh e eshe porlam. Amader moto, ei desheo presidency family business er moto. Prothome Baap, tar por Pola (gazakhor, failtu, dui char ta company'r odhopotoner jonne responsible), Majhe Jamai (manush ektu roshik, kintu desh ta tao ektu shukher chilo, nijeo shukhi chilo), ekhon bou aashon e boshar jonno utola hoye aachen. Uni ei goto porshu smriti charon korte giye til ke taal kore ekhon moha jhamelai pore gechen. Ei shob bhoj bhaji dekhiye ki shondor deshtakey odhopoton er dike niye jaachche r lok joner kono khobor nei. Er cheye to amader doridro, oshikkhito, ordho shikkhito jonogono bhalo. Ontototo shobai jene shunei oi shob oshoth neta netrider khomotai aane.
Old March 27, 2008, 10:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Any thoughts on Obama's spiritual guide? Mrs. Obama was out lecturing folks to get together and appreciate each others difference (laudable), when in reality, she has been a member of a majority African American Church for the last 20 years. A church that has a history of being racially divisive. Ek bhondo rajnitir desh theke r ek bhondo rajnitir desh e eshe porlam. Amader moto, ei desheo presidency family business er moto. Prothome Baap, tar por Pola (gazakhor, failtu, dui char ta company'r odhopotoner jonne responsible), Majhe Jamai (manush ektu roshik, kintu desh ta tao ektu shukher chilo, nijeo shukhi chilo), ekhon bou aashon e boshar jonno utola hoye aachen. Uni ei goto porshu smriti charon korte giye til ke taal kore ekhon moha jhamelai pore gechen. Ei shob bhoj bhaji dekhiye ki shondor deshtakey odhopoton er dike niye jaachche r lok joner kono khobor nei. Er cheye to amader doridro, oshikkhito, ordho shikkhito jonogono bhalo. Ontototo shobai jene shunei oi shob oshoth neta netrider khomotai aane.
Shomoy thakte Canaday immigration niye eshe poren.

HIalry clinton reminds me of Khaleda Zia whenever I see her giving a speech. She is so desperate to be the President that she has tried all and sundry that a third world politician would do. Also when she is giving her speeches she keeps nodding her head just like the wrestlers of the wwe when they try to get their fans to start cheering for them.
Obama is very eloquent and seems like a very sincere individual. He looks and behaves in a presidential manner unlike HIlary who has tried to make herself look good by smearing Obama,pura third world country er politician. HIlary would be the the GEorge Bush of the Democratic party if elected to power. I like Obama and Mccain. Both have run their campaigns sincerely not by trying to smear their opposition campaings to the extent of lying about them.

Too bad I dont have cable in my new place yet. Missing out on all the news about the US election and the Democratic primaries.
Old March 28, 2008, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
Too bad I dont have cable in my new place yet. Missing out on all the news about the US election and the Democratic primaries.
Just watch it on cnn.com
Old March 28, 2008, 01:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Just watch it on cnn.com
there is always live video coverage during election nights and important speeches and debates. There is a live audio link in front page which works for 24 hrs