facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 30, 2018, 08:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Default Rubel appreciation thread

I think this guy does not get enough appreciations as he deserves.
He has been a brilliant ODI bowler for us for many years.
Nowadays he looks even more polished.
We are lucky to have him.
Thank you Rubel.

Old September 30, 2018, 09:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Should only be an ODI player
Old September 30, 2018, 06:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

He is outstanding.

Kayes and Rubel get a lot of hate for some reason. Yes, they have their off days, but at a time when we are trying to build a team, they should always be under consideration.
Old September 30, 2018, 06:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Yeah rubel has kind of gone under the radar and not got a lot of credit and I know his ODI average isn’t amazing but if you consider the time period he has played and the different stages BD have been in from when he first came into the team to now then he’s actually been a significant positive part of the ODI bowling unit.
Old September 30, 2018, 07:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

His bowling at the final against top class Indian batting was tremendous,sharp bouncer,knucle ball,tbere was no answer.
Old September 30, 2018, 10:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Rubel gets flak because his brain goes on vacation during the death overs and, because of this, has cost us couple of tourny finals and series deciders.
Old October 1, 2018, 04:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Rubel was excellent in the SA series in 2015. His performance dipped when he came back following an injury after that series. He was excellent in this Asia cup specially in the final. I hope he keeps working hard because he would be very useful in the next world cup.
Old October 1, 2018, 07:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Completely agree on him being an only ODI player. Abu Hider can bat a bit too and is better at the death. Rubel on the other hand can't seem to cope with pressure and whenever batsmen smash him around, he just gives into pressure. Mustafizur, Abu Hider and Abu Jayed for T20 and Mustafizur and Abu Jayed for tests.
Old October 1, 2018, 08:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

It's funny how after the Afghanistan game everyone wanted Nazmul Apu(I am personally a big fan of him) instead of Rubel. with most of the Bangladeshi bowlers being on the slower side and even Fizz is not as fast as he used to be, Rubel's pace and control adds a crucial dimension, variety to Bangladesh bowling attack without which Bangladesh would not go as far as they did in the Asia cup.

I always criticized raw pace but I loved how Rubel has matured over the years to control his bowling and at the same time managed to not reduce his pace... that's the key.

His death bowling is an issue of nerves...
Old October 1, 2018, 09:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
It's funny how after the Afghanistan game everyone wanted Nazmul Apu(I am personally a big fan of him) instead of Rubel. with most of the Bangladeshi bowlers being on the slower side and even Fizz is not as fast as he used to be, Rubel's pace and control adds a crucial dimension, variety to Bangladesh bowling attack without which Bangladesh would not go as far as they did in the Asia cup.

I always criticized raw pace but I loved how Rubel has matured over the years to control his bowling and at the same time managed to not reduce his pace... that's the key.

His death bowling is an issue of nerves...
Rubel used to have pace but now he doesn't. Saw both him and Mustafizur putting in deliveries at 133-138. Abu Hider himself can bowl at such pace. Rubel is no more a 140+ bowler.
Old October 1, 2018, 09:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Appreciation would go up many folds if only he could bowl yorkers at will. His value would be very demanding on these ab-jab leagues which pays big bucks.
Old October 1, 2018, 09:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by zura
Rubel used to have pace but now he doesn't. Saw both him and Mustafizur putting in deliveries at 133-138. Abu Hider himself can bowl at such pace. Rubel is no more a 140+ bowler.
He still does bowl at 140+ but might not able to do it in Asia cup due to extreme heat.
Old October 1, 2018, 11:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

He's a good bowler in ODIs if used well. He's mainly in the team due to that pace. He's actually not a bad fielder either. I wish he could improve on his bat a bit. If he can average more than 10 runs an innings, that would be great.
Old October 1, 2018, 11:04 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Rubel was terrific in the Asia Cup final. He is one of the main reasons why we stayed in the game for so long and he took the big wicket of Rohit. He turned into an integral part of our bowling for a while and I hope he can continue his good form in the ODIs and translate that into other formats.
Old October 1, 2018, 11:05 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaL-PurusH
He still does bowl at 140+ but might not able to do it in Asia cup due to extreme heat.
He can bowl at 140+ but nowadays his average tends to stay in the 135-138kph range.
Old October 1, 2018, 11:45 AM
Test Cricketer

At some point, in the match against India Rubel's fastest delivery was shown as 144 kph and average was 138kph.
Old October 1, 2018, 03:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaL-PurusH
So can Mustafizur (did so in Nidahas trophy) but Rubel isn't as frequent as he used to be in bowling such deliveries.
Old October 1, 2018, 04:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

I mean rubel is past what is considered the physical peak age for a fast bowler (23-26/27) but of course plenty still bowl over the 140 barrier at his age. Could’ve been the heat, could be that he focused less on pace, could be that he’s lost a bit of that edge. As long as he can bowl well enough I’m not fussed, plenty of pacers evolve as they get older and lose a bit of pace.
Old October 2, 2018, 01:32 AM
Test Cricketer

I don't think it has anything to do with heat. Rubel deliberately bowled plenty of slower balls as well as knuckle balls. He has been doing it for a while now. He can still bowl at more than 140 if he wants to.
Old October 3, 2018, 05:28 AM
Cricket Savant

I am pleasantly surprised Rubel is not 'prappyoboyoshko cholochitro shromshilpey'...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 3, 2018, 06:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
I mean rubel is past what is considered the physical peak age for a fast bowler (23-26/27) but of course plenty still bowl over the 140 barrier at his age. Could’ve been the heat, could be that he focused less on pace, could be that he’s lost a bit of that edge. As long as he can bowl well enough I’m not fussed, plenty of pacers evolve as they get older and lose a bit of pace.
He reduced his run-up after the knee injury.