facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 30, 2009, 10:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Default The best opening bowling combination

For tests

Mashrafe Mortaza and Mahbubul Alam (two words: reverse swing)

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/98100/98190.jpg
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/96100/96102.jpg

For ODIs

Mashrafe and Syed Rasel/Nazmul Hossain

Third Options and Back up: Rubel and an inform Shahadat.

Last edited by Nafi; November 30, 2009 at 11:09 AM..

Old November 30, 2009, 11:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
For tests

Mashrafe Mortaza and Mahbubul Alam (two words: reverse swing)

For ODIs

Mashrafe and Syed Rasel/Nazmul Hossain

Third Options and Back up: Rubel and an inform Shahadat.
I don't know even Wasim Akram can reverse swing on opening spell.
Old November 30, 2009, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokai
I don't know even Wasim Akram can reverse swing on opening spell.
I did not suggest that Robin would reverse swing the opening spell. An opening bowler usually comes on later.
Old November 30, 2009, 11:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

my top pacers would be (in descending order):
1. Mash
2. Nazmul Hossain
3. Syed Rasel
4. Rubel Hossain
5. Mahbubul Alam

I am sorry to say that I do not want to see Sharapova anywhere near the national team until he figures out how to climb out of the hole he is in.
Old November 30, 2009, 05:54 PM
BC Editorial Team

Guys - Nazmul is NOT a test bowler. Sheeesh ... I gotta go dig up my long essay on this again?
Old November 30, 2009, 05:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Mash and Rasel for ODIs. Nazmul third pacer only when the pitch supports pace.

Mash and Shahadat for Tests.
Old November 30, 2009, 06:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Guys - Nazmul is NOT a test bowler. Sheeesh ... I gotta go dig up my long essay on this again?
these are my ODI line-up
we dont haven any test pace bowlers to speak of
Old November 30, 2009, 06:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
we dont haven any test pace bowlers to speak of
Yep, even Mash is not worth much in Test cricket. Rubel and Shuvashis got potentials for longer version matches, but they still got long way to go.
Old November 30, 2009, 06:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Mash doesnt even reverse swing the ball. I think

The only international players, who do it are Robin and Rubel (they have test potential)

Shahadat does produce a litte revers swing (6-27 against SA), but he's more of a back of a length bowler.

Nazmul is not test bowler

Syed Rasel can only be effective on green tops in tests.
Old November 30, 2009, 11:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Nazmul has been the opening bowler for the last couple series, and he has done a decent job. just because rasel is fit to play doesn't mean he should be dropped. how is rasel doing in DPL? i'm really worried about Mash. DPL is almost half over and he's yet to play any game. if he doesn't get any match practice before tri-series i'm not sure how effective he will be against SRL/IND.
Old December 1, 2009, 12:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

well a fit mash is an automatic in all formats, in one-dayers nazmul has really stepped up as of late so i'd have him as the 2nd opening pacer for the moment, rasel, rubel and whoever else should have to win back their places through force and poor performances from nazmul.

the 2nd opener for tests is a more difficult question, for the moment i'd be picking robin but watch out for sajidul, rubel, subashis and the new kid on the block emon as they are possible future test quicks for BD.
Old December 1, 2009, 01:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

For Test: Mash's partner is undecided. Hope Rubel matures as a bowler quickly and gain some control, otherwise there is no one at this moment.

I have not seen (or missed?) Robin getting any substantial reverse swing.

For ODI: Mash and Nazmul at the moment. Then Russel, Rubel can come into consideration.
Old December 1, 2009, 03:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Mash doesnt reverse swing. But he is more accurate than any other BD bowlers. But after latest injury, I feel he shouldn't play tests at all; he needs to be in ODIs only.

Robin, Rubel, Shahadat & Rasel should form the pace battery for test. Play 2/3 of who ever is fit & inform & effective according to pitch from these four.

We are really weak in pace department. Mash is our best, but he is far from being the best bowler of a test team. We need better pacers.
Old December 1, 2009, 02:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
I have not seen (or missed?) Robin getting any substantial reverse swing.

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, very well bowled again. Another well-directed yorker, reverse-swinging into Boucher's leg stump, but the right-hander digs it out with his shovel

http://www.cricinfo.com/rsavbdesh/en...iew=commentary
Old December 1, 2009, 02:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Mahbubul spell of reverse swing

Mahbubul Alam to Prince, 1 run, swinging into the left-hander who tucks him to leg. Boucher demands a single, and that's well run

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, short, wide, slow ... but Boucher can't take advantage and prods it awkwardly off the back foot. He seemed to be beaten by a lack of pace

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, that's better. Fuller, giving the ball a chance to swing, and it does swing ... bending away a little from Boucher who gets an inside edge

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, ooh that's close! That's dead, surely? Swinging into Boucher who's rapped on the pads but he got an inside edge. Luckily...

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, defended on the back foot

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, Boucher crouches into a really good looking stroke - so good, in fact, that I'd ask it out for a drink and dinner. It arrives at mid-off
South Africa 170/5 Mahbubul Alam 11-2-31-1

Mahbubul Alam to Prince, no run, swinging into Prince, the left-hander, who is cautious in defence. Lovely delivery, swinging late

Mahbubul Alam to Prince, 1 run, neatly flicked off his pads; a touch of swing, but the wrong line on his legs

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, driven out to mid-off

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, too straight, nudged to short midwicket

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, oh well bowled. Nice and pacey, on middle-and-off, and Boucher is almost squared up here. Both feet point down the pitch while he defends this awkwardly off the back foot

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, a huge shout and a very good one! Attempted yorker - much quicker, too - which comes out as a full toss which appeared to be taking out leg-stump. Clearly the umpire thought it was sliding down the leg side
South Africa 176/5 Mahbubul Alam 12-2-32-1

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, swinging into Boucher who flicks to short midwicket

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, firmly blocked off the back foot

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, very well bowled again. Another well-directed yorker, reverse-swinging into Boucher's leg stump, but the right-hander digs it out with his shovel

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, FOUR, full-toss, Boucher doesn't miss out, bunting it through mid-on

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, 1 run, again down the leg side, and this time Boucher flicks it behind square. Fine-leg jogs around to field

Mahbubul Alam to Prince, no run, Prince defends
South Africa 183/5 Mahbubul Alam 13-2-37-1

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, prodded back to the bowler, played with his hands well away from the body

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, very well bowled, maintaining a nice line on the off stump, but Boucher is calm and cautious in defending this on the back foot - head right over the ball

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, 1 run, he strays in line, offering Boucher a gift on his legs

Mahbubul Alam to Prince, no run, ooh close! A play-and-a-miss from Prince - a really poor stroke, half-heartedly driving to a short and wide delivery. Absolutely no feet movement, and Prince is rightly furious with himself

Mahbubul Alam to Prince, 1 run, straighter and Prince picks off a single past midwicket

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, firmly driven to mid-off
South Africa 186/5 Mahbubul Alam 14-2-39-1

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, FOUR, just pushed down leg by Alam, Boucher, in perfect balance, just clips the ball down to the fine leg fence.

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, forward defence from Boucher as Alam owls a good line and length.

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, no run, defended again just outside off.

Mahbubul Alam to Boucher, 1 run, flicked away on the on-side

Mahbubul Alam to Prince, no run, defended to the offside.

Mahbubul Alam to Prince, 1 run, thickish outside edge runs past point and they get an easy single.