facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 11, 2013, 01:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Default The significance of Mushfiq's double century

Congrats Mushfiq.
You have done yourself, the fans and the country proud.

Could not be more happier that it came from none other than the captain himself. This is called leading from the front and will certainly inspire the rest of the team members to follow suit.

But the most important aspect of this double ton will be its lasting legacy and his consolidation of respect and authority within the team dynamics.

When he was handed the leadership role on the merry go round phase, it was his turn to sail the broken ship to a safe shore.He was a good, honest hard working man who is loved by all, part due to his no-jhamela approach and part due to his cute boyish good looks. But there's always this question of respect and authority within the his own team members, one very important factor which could either make or break any team, unity.

Lets face it, he wasnt the most flamboyant Tamim of the Khan family, nor talented Mr Ashraful, Shakib the Superman, neither the Pagla Mash. In other words, he was never the best batsman, bowler, fielder or allrounder of the team. He was this bits and pieces cricketer who would score 30-40 runs, keep decent and chatter a lot. As time passed, he became this pocket dynamite who could, sometimes, punch a few over his weight.

But it takes more than that to earn your peer's respect and keep the heavyweights in check and under control. With this record breaking, history making innings, he has just ensured that. Under his leadership, the team has reached new heights and he has gone where no Bangladeshi have been before.

Now when he tells Tamim to go play a big knock, he wouldnt have to hear "what would you know of big knocks mate ? How many you have ? I atleast have a blistering 150 something. You know who my uncle is ? You wanna see my fingers ? ". Shakib can't tell him "Don't tell me what to do, you know who am I ? Ash can't tell him, "You know what, If I sing, the whole world dances with me, its just that I have a soar throat every other day".

Don't get me wrong folks. I'm not accusing any of these players of any misdoing, I'm just giving examples of how it is tough for him or anyone in his position to tell the heavyweights what to do. Now he can command authority and demand respect from his team members and keep everyone under his wings, just as a true leader would do.

Without being the best or the most fancied, he has achieved feat which will only inspire the "best"s in the team to challenge themselves and follow their leader's footsteps. His unifying ability was already evident with the team's performance over the past year, but now it just seals his position as the true leader of this team.

I believe this innings will not be just a double century but will have a far more positive impact on Bangladesh cricket team for years to come.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]

Old March 11, 2013, 02:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Couldnt have said it any better. He might not be the most popular cricketer among fans but cant think of any fan in BC disliking him.

Captain or not , Mushy is a team man. He plays for the team and you could tell it from his celebrations and expressions on his face when a teammate scores a century or takes a wicket.

Proud to have you Mushy as our captain.
Old March 11, 2013, 02:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

The best thing that has happened to our cricket so far, is "Mushy The Captain" I know many people didn't like it when Shakib was removed. But Mushy by far is much more an uniting personality. He has held the team together so nicely.

As a bonus, he has lifted his performance so much after being captain, that's just incredible....

these two factors have made his captaincy the best decision.
Old March 11, 2013, 02:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Good read Rabz.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 11, 2013, 02:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Nicely written - he has credibility and commands respect and leadership.
He can do so in his quiet manner now.
Old March 11, 2013, 02:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Add to that that Mushy led from the front regarding fitness as well - Tamim and Shakib has been ailing for fitness so much - and here is this guy faced off 321 balls - kept wicket for 135 overs - scores a 200 and comes back to keep.

The rest of Bangladesh stars should take a page out of that fitness story as well.
Old March 11, 2013, 02:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

He is the hardest worker on the team too. Good example of hardwork paying off. What Mushy doesn't haven in talent, he makes up with his work. That's a great example for some of our younger players.
Old March 11, 2013, 03:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Very well written Rabz bhai, enjoyed it.
But another plus point about Mushy that you could have added is his education, he is currently the only BD cricketer who is masters paash.( guess Nafis too)
That adds more value to him aswell.
At the same time I think Mushy was always a person who was respected by all cricketers even before he became captain, Sakib always treated him with a lot of respect as Mushy was senior in BKSP.
Let's not forget to thank BCB, we always criticize them, I think the majority here were unhappy when Sakib was sacked and Mushy replaced him, but that was a very good decision by the board.

PS: Mushy is really good in (making) history
Old March 11, 2013, 03:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

This should have been written as an article. Good read
Old March 11, 2013, 03:07 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Very well written Rabz bhai. I completely agree.
Old March 11, 2013, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Congrats Mushfiq.
You have done yourself, the fans and the country proud.

Could not be more happier that it came from none other than the captain himself. This is called leading from the front and will certainly inspire the rest of the team members to follow suit.

But the most important aspect of this double ton will be its lasting legacy and his consolidation of respect and authority within the team dynamics.

When he was handed the leadership role on the merry go round phase, it was his turn to sail the broken ship to a safe shore.He was a good, honest hard working man who is loved by all, part due to his no-jhamela approach and part due to his cute boyish good looks. But there's always this question of respect and authority within the his own team members, one very important factor which could either make or break any team, unity.

Lets face it, he wasnt the most flamboyant Tamim of the Khan family, nor talented Mr Ashraful, Shakib the Superman, neither the Pagla Mash. In other words, he was never the best batsman, bowler, fielder or allrounder of the team. He was this bits and pieces cricketer who would score 30-40 runs, keep decent and chatter a lot. As time passed, he became this pocket dynamite who could, sometimes, punch a few over his weight.

But it takes more than that to earn your peer's respect and keep the heavyweights in check and under control. With this record breaking, history making innings, he has just ensured that. Under his leadership, the team has reached new heights and he has gone where no Bangladeshi have been before.

Now when he tells Tamim to go play a big knock, he wouldnt have to hear "what would you know of big knocks mate ? How many you have ? I atleast have a blistering 150 something. You know who my uncle is ? You wanna see my fingers ? ". Shakib can't tell him "Don't tell me what to do, you know who am I ? Ash can't tell him, "You know what, If I sing, the whole world dances with me, its just that I have a soar throat every other day".

Don't get me wrong folks. I'm not accusing any of these players of any misdoing, I'm just giving examples of how it is tough for him or anyone in his position to tell the heavyweights what to do. Now he can command authority and demand respect from his team members and keep everyone under his wings, just as a true leader would do.

Without being the best or the most fancied, he has achieved feat which will only inspire the "best"s in the team to challenge themselves and follow their leader's footsteps. His unifying ability was already evident with the team's performance over the past year, but now it just seals his position as the true leader of this team.

I believe this innings will not be just a double century but will have a far more positive impact on Bangladesh cricket team for years to come.
Excellent post Rabz. Probably it is your best post those I have red.
Completely agree with this. . .
"I believe this innings will not be just a double century but will have a far more positive impact on Bangladesh cricket team for years to come"
Old March 11, 2013, 03:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Lot of people here know that Mushy is my favourite player. Yes he is not as tallented as Ash Tamim or mighty Shakib. But Mushy have done it. He have shown how will power can make a man so much successfull.
This is the beginning of Mushy era.
Old March 11, 2013, 03:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Nice read!
On a side note, are you some kind of a professional writer?
Old March 11, 2013, 04:02 PM
Cricket Legend

very nicely written. thanks!
Old March 11, 2013, 04:42 PM
Cricket Guru

wow! Very nicely written Rabz Bhaiya
Old March 11, 2013, 05:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

he might not be the best tactician as a captain but we can't deny the team has been playing very well under him. this double century should set a new standard for the batsmen in BD, he showed what a batsman can do if they apply themselves for a long period of time, they got to see it with their own eye's from one of their own, specifically their captain. this should inspire, energize and motivate them.
Old March 11, 2013, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Very well written Rabz bhai, enjoyed it.
But another plus point about Mushy that you could have added is his education, he is currently the only BD cricketer who is masters paash.( guess Nafis too)
That adds more value to him aswell.
At the same time I think Mushy was always a person who was respected by all cricketers even before he became captain, Sakib always treated him with a lot of respect as Mushy was senior in BKSP.
Let's not forget to thank BCB, we always criticize them, I think the majority here were unhappy when Sakib was sacked and Mushy replaced him, but that was a very good decision by the board.

PS: Mushy is really good in (making) history

yes - forgot about his education. He is a role model with his work ethics on and off the field.
Old March 11, 2013, 07:11 PM
Administrator

RabZ - check your PM for a modified version of your post that we would like to publish.
Old March 11, 2013, 07:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
he might not be the best tactician as a captain but we can't deny the team has been playing very well under him. this double century should set a new standard for the batsmen in BD, he showed what a batsman can do if they apply themselves for a long period of time, they got to see it with their own eye's from one of their own, specifically their captain. this should inspire, energize and motivate them.
He is quite professional about learning, so i am sure he will get better with tactics. He deserves a lot of credit for the way he united the team, under shakib the team cohesion was falling apart (even though he was tactically better). This is a huge milestone for bangladesh. We can now look forward to a more brighter future.
Old March 11, 2013, 07:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
He is quite professional about learning, so i am sure he will get better with tactics. He deserves a lot of credit for the way he united the team, under shakib the team cohesion was falling apart (even though he was tactically better). This is a huge milestone for bangladesh. We can now look forward to a more brighter future.
for sure, mushy has united the team terrifically, and that's been a big part of the better performance.
Old March 11, 2013, 08:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Lol...exactly my thoughts too
Old March 11, 2013, 09:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

after this 200, he will have command like clarke--so happy for mushy
Old March 11, 2013, 09:36 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Good read. It was important that we got over the psychological barrier of scoring 200. Since getting the captaincy he's improved leaps and bounds. I feel he can lead the team to bigger heights.
Old March 11, 2013, 09:42 PM
Cricket Sage

If Rahim need to motivate other players (specially the senior ones), then we have a bigger problem in our team i.e. wrong type of players in the team. At this level nobody need to be motivated to score more runs for themselves.

In terms of Rahim getting more solid ground that will help him providing leadership with more confidence, I agree.

Also Rahim set the standard higher, he doesn't need to say anyone anything. The right type of players will by themselves will try to break that standard. Who are they ? Sakib and Nasir are some of those type of players. There may be few more, we have to wait and see who are the rest....
Old March 11, 2013, 09:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Nice read - totally agree with the message of the post. Nobody deserved this more than Mushy.

Now I just can't wait for the next few home series'. Watch out heavy weights of world cricket. I can totally see us putting up monster totals at home no matter who the opposition is (esp against India/SL/WI/NZ/Zim).