facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 20, 2007, 09:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Dang! According to this, im not Bangladeshi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
no i never did that,i think most of the kids in bd are naughty but not as naughty as the saudi kids man are they naughty or what but i am not a kid who scares away air hostresses in flight.
You live in Saudi Arabia? Where? I spent half my life in Riyadh....NOT a good experience.

Old August 21, 2007, 05:09 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiq,Tamim, Mashrafee

u know u're bangladeshi..when ure mom yells at u for staying on the computer too long
Old August 21, 2007, 05:13 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Rahim TamimSakib

yeah u can i was riding aircanada plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
u can't really do that..when u ride..biman..cuz..they messed up the buttons on purposee..n speaking of airplaness..anyone knw anything abt this new sylheti airline...sumone told me..a bunch of rich sylheti's frm England..r opening up a airline called..Air Sylhet..
Old August 21, 2007, 05:31 PM

You know you're bangali when you cant settle a score without violence, or hampering other people's work. be it pushing buttons on an airplane or protesting against assault.
Old August 22, 2007, 01:02 AM
BC Editorial Team

- you know you are a Bangladeshi if you are aged 20-40, male and "ছিল্লা কাইট্টা লবণ লাগাইয়া দে" is part of your lexicon.
- you know you are a Bangladeshi If you are 40+ you probably still refer to "একাত্তুরের গন্ডগোল্"
- you know you are a Bangladeshi if you frequently engage numerous table thumping discussions on BAL/BNP/Jamaat and loudly proclaim your patriotism even while the Zee TV awards are playing on your TV in the background
- you know you are Bangladeshi when you go to a দাওয়াত and get upset if there is not at least two meat dishes. (Follow on - if the Dawat happens to be at a non-Bengali south asian's house, no doubt some stereotyping about কিপ্টা so-and-sos will be muttered)
Old August 22, 2007, 01:04 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

so true
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
- you know you are a Bangladeshi if you are aged 20-40, male and "ছিল্লা কাইট্টা লবণ লাগাইয়া দে" is part of your lexicon.
- you know you are a Bangladeshi If you are 40+ you probably still refer to "একাত্তুরের গন্ডগোল্"
- you know you are a Bangladeshi if you frequently engage numerous table thumping discussions on BAL/BNP/Jamaat and loudly proclaim your patriotism even while the Zee TV awards are playing on your TV in the background
- you know you are Bangladeshi when you go to a দাওয়াত and get upset if there is not at least two meat dishes. (Follow on - if the Dawat happens to be at a non-Bengali south asian's house, no doubt some stereotyping about কিপ্টা so-and-sos will be muttered)
Old August 22, 2007, 01:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

- When you're not at all bothered by corruption, class violence or general injustice at home, but go all gung ho about injustice in other countries.

- When you feel the urge to make yourself feel better by putting other Bangladeshis down.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; August 22, 2007 at 02:03 AM..
Old August 22, 2007, 01:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

a lot of these facts apply to all bongs, west or east...
Old August 22, 2007, 02:19 AM
Cricket Savant

On a positive note ...

- When you hear certain songs being sung by someone meant to sing them, and feel something resonate deep inside your soul and brings you right down to your knees. Overwhelmed by unexpected tears of pride, joy and blissful awareness of the roots you never knew were behind the strange longing you could never quite figure out, you suddenly feel who you are and the fact that you don't want to be anything else. Hear an angel sing songs like this, an angel who is made of the same stuff as we are: -

"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; August 27, 2007 at 11:16 PM..
Old August 22, 2007, 02:49 AM
Cricket Savant

From this ...

Last edited by Sohel; August 22, 2007 at 04:24 AM..
Old August 22, 2007, 03:47 AM
Cricket Savant

- When you expect self loathing, wannabe White, genuinely kyat elements of the Bangladeshi nouveau riche to understatnd what Sukumar Roy meant by the term tyansh goru, or who the man is for that matter ... I'm talking about this, and whatever it's trying to represent: -

Last edited by Sohel; August 22, 2007 at 04:22 AM..
Old August 22, 2007, 03:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: PRINCE OF KOLKATA!!!

haha lol- its scary how a lot of them make sense to me as well despite being only West Bengali, especially the atttudes of my parents lol
Old August 22, 2007, 05:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
-you are ecstatic when BD advances to super 8 in cricket WC 07 (after beating Indiaa)
- your only explanation for knowing another Bangladeshi is "...because they're Bangladeshi"
-you've played ludu even it's the most pointless, boring board game in history
- almost every weekend is booked with "dawats" (we're social people)
- You speak Banglish if you have lived any more than two years anywhere outside of Bangladesh
-You talk for an hour at the front door when leaving someone's house
- you consider any other Bangladeshi as family

Feel free to add!
hahahahahahaha these are all sooo true!!!!

Last edited by Ahmed_B; August 22, 2007 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: mod.content: long quote shortened
Old August 22, 2007, 06:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
Dang! According to this, im not Bangladeshi...

You live in Saudi Arabia? Where? I spent half my life in Riyadh....NOT a good experience.
i live in dammam
Old August 22, 2007, 01:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
On a positive note ...

- When you hear certain songs being sung by someone meant to sing them, and feel something resonate deep inside your soul that brings you right down to your knees. Overwhelmed by unexpected tears of pride, joy and blissful awareness of the roots you never knew were behind the strange longing you could never quite figure out, you suddenly FEEL who you are and the fact that you don't want to be anything else. Hear an angel sing, an angel who is made of the same stuff as we are, songs like this: -

this is deff one of my fav..i also like the songg..amar ek noyonto dekenare arek noyonree..she's really gudd..i was never into these types of songs..untill i listened to herrr..as much as pplz say the only reason she won close up 1 was becuz..everyone felt bad for her...cause she's lil..n all..it's not tru..she got it..cause she deserved itt..
Old August 27, 2007, 01:19 AM
BC Editorial Team

what a voice. Would love to hear this kid sing "rail line bohe somantoral"
Old August 27, 2007, 11:21 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB & TAMIM

* you know you're desi when you think nobody look better than you even if you're ugly.
* you know you're from bangladesh if you belive nobody is better humanbeen than you.
Old August 27, 2007, 11:33 PM
Cricket Savant

-You know you're Bangladeshi when the act of paying attention to details is often secondary to taking creative liberties with rudimentary grammar and spelling.

(Have been a human being ever since I've known the word ... but then again, I look at things my way while my cousin looks at them his own way)