facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 18, 2013, 02:34 PM
Banned

Responce is extremely good, but fact is our League is Extremely Failing!

Is insulting to see players like Paul Stirling, Nabi run our league.

Old January 18, 2013, 02:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Both P Stirling and Nabi are good cricketers. Just because they are from associate countries does not mean they should be crap.

Look at Eoin Morgan for example. He was playing for Ireland, England saw good potential in Eoin, so they took him away from Irish.

I doubt Stirling making it to current England side but he is much better than some other county players who are English.
Old January 18, 2013, 02:46 PM
Banned

I don't doubt the quality of Nabi or Stirling. I just think to myself is that all BPL got to offer. its just sad, our franchise owners and the BCB, such a shame. ~~~ UNORGANISED AT EVERYTHING~~~ at the moment NZ T20 Cricket has better internationals playing than BPL!
Old January 18, 2013, 02:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
I don't doubt the quality of Nabi or Stirling. I just think to myself is that all BPL got to offer. its just sad, our franchise owners and the BCB, such a shame. ~~~ UNORGANISED AT EVERYTHING~~~
If they were not blackmailed by the Pakistani's you would have said otherwise.
Old January 18, 2013, 02:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

Stirling is very good young player actually underrated. He scored a 100 against Pakistan back in 2011. What we should've done is that instead of going after Pakistani players, should've instead gone for players from other countries especially associates.
Old January 18, 2013, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
If they were not blackmailed by the Pakistani's you would have said otherwise.
why are we mad about Pakistani's, can't a league be successful without pakistani's? look at Big Bash, NZ T20, IPL, they are living without pakistani's. I am mad at BCB and the franchise's, they are allowed to buy out of auction list yet they don't and if they do they buy average players. Recently Matt Prior showed Interest and yet no Franchise willing to take a step. players like Kabir Ali, Phil Mustard, Lokurachchi, DI Stevens, Liddle, do we see them in any other leagues? NO. The league has become a great shame. I would have been happy if the league only was played by our local boys. Everything in BPL so far looked really cheap. We have one of the worst organiser's running our cricket, fact!
Old January 18, 2013, 04:47 PM

Nazmul > Lota > PCB
Old January 18, 2013, 05:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Cricketers are not good organizer ! You guys were rooting for Cricketers to be in the Board . We need Saber bhai and Tutul to run the BCB .
Old January 18, 2013, 05:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

That claim by the PCB was clearly nothing but balogna. If the PCB hadn't been made aware of the NOC issue, why did Zaka keep oscillating between "we'll see about the BPL NOCs", "if they tour, we'll give the NOCs", and "no, we're not going to give NOCs". Zaka is a pure liar, who in his feeble attempt to save his bucktooth face, has been exposed as a manifest liar.

Of course the real blame lies with Lotus Kamal (and to a lesser extent Ijaz Butt) for creating this whole mess. Nazmul's handling of the situation may have been a reasonably thought out retaliation against the PCB for blackmailing us to begin with. In the final analysis, the bigger black eye belongs to the PCB. They aren't any closer to hosting int'l cricket, have been exposed as trying to extort BCB into touring, and will face at least some player discontent due to shutting off the BPL income. The BPL's success or failure depends almost completely on how the organizers run the show and if payments are made on time and semi-final farces are avoided this time around. Very little will be lost without the PAK players. On the other hand, without any international player participation, PSL will be nothing more than a glorified Faysal Bank competition.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 18, 2013, 06:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
I don't doubt the quality of Nabi or Stirling. I just think to myself is that all BPL got to offer. its just sad, our franchise owners and the BCB, such a shame. ~~~ UNORGANISED AT EVERYTHING~~~ at the moment NZ T20 Cricket has better internationals playing than BPL!
The tournament just started. Give it some time. There are good players coming, Dilshan, Narine, Luke Wright, Bravo, Nannes, Tait will come eventually. And as the tournament goes on you will see more BD players starting to contribute, same thing happened last season. If it wasn't for Caribbean T20/BBL we would have gotten some more players. Plus BCB was so hung up on getting Pak players because they don't want to lose the pak market they didn't bother to contact a lot of players. SA T20 league doesn't start for another month, we could have had some of those guys play in BPL.
Old January 18, 2013, 07:02 PM
Cricket Sage

PCB has replied without mentioning the NOC issue.

Also stated that Zim and SA are responsible for bringing international cricket back to PAK and not BD, when SA toured AFTER we did. LOL.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 18, 2013, 07:11 PM
Cricket Sage

^ let them babble all they want. BCB shouldn't bother wasting their time with this anymore. Focus on making sure nothing goes wrong with BPL.
Old January 18, 2013, 09:31 PM
Club Cricketer

good response to the PCB's blackmailing. Kudos to BCB.
I also gave up posting comments to cricinfo. They publish my comment when I supported our pakistan tour. When I criticise PCB for blackmailing us they did not publish comment. The article writer is responsible for moderation. From that also I thought Mr. Isam is a pakistani. You all helped me to know that he is a bangladeshi.
Old January 18, 2013, 09:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
PCB has replied without mentioning the NOC issue.

Also stated that Zim and SA are responsible for bringing international cricket back to PAK and not BD, when SA toured AFTER we did. LOL.
any link please?
Old January 19, 2013, 12:12 AM

PCB claim they should be requested for players BEFORE auction! Is it norm procedure to engage foreign players to other domestic leauge?
Old January 19, 2013, 12:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
any link please?
I think it was in the official PCB response. But PP posters are claiming all sorts of tours that took place after our tour. Only ZIM toured before us.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 19, 2013, 06:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
PCB claim they should be requested for players BEFORE auction! Is it norm procedure to engage foreign players to other domestic leauge?
I think that's the norm. Don't you remember BCCI asking BCB for sending names of our players for IPL? I'm not happy with BCB's reply that, PCB should have raised objection responding to media reports.... BCB definitely had to obtain names through PCB.
Old January 19, 2013, 06:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Well thought out, measured and professional. I kinda like the current chairman. Kamal was such a weasel.
Old January 19, 2013, 06:41 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I think that's the norm. Don't you remember BCCI asking BCB for sending names of our players for IPL? I'm not happy with BCB's reply that, PCB should have raised objection responding to media reports.... BCB definitely had to obtain names through PCB.
it works both ways
Old January 20, 2013, 11:54 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Found this comment quite interesting... Didnt know that... if true MK is a little less guilty altho still guilty...

Posted by TigerRoars on (January 18 2013, 16:39 PM GMT)
I read an article here by Umar Farooq and Mohammad Isam ("Bangladesh could tour Pakistan in 2012") that BCB supported the nomination of Ehsan Mani in 2003 with the understanding that PCB will support the BCB candidate the next time around. Shouldn't PCB abided by their gentleman's agreement and treated the tour of Bangladesh as a separate issue? There were broken promises from both sides, but it looks like PCB apparently started it.
So, they do publish some worthy comments.
Old January 20, 2013, 05:34 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Cricketers are not good organizer ! You guys were rooting for Cricketers to be in the Board . We need Saber bhai and Tutul to run the BCB .
Not Tutul!!!
Old January 20, 2013, 08:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
I have given up posting on CI. Tried many, many times, but the comments never get published. I don't know who's moderating the message board, but there appears to be some serious bias in the filtering. Posts bashing BD get through; anything remotely retaliatory gets ignored. What's the point?

I have the same experience.
Old January 21, 2013, 05:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejkuni
I have the same experience.
hehehe Same as well even well informed ones especially on those Pakistan-Bangladesh articles and for some reason on one of them, the closed it after the first day the article was published.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...ry/601281.html
Old January 21, 2013, 05:49 AM
Banned

Anyway, since this saga is finally about to end and looks like we won't be playing Pakistan for a while, we should build relations with other boards especially associates. In fact, Pakistan believe it not this year have arranged 4 ODI matches against both Scotland and Ireland so we should do that as well so we are getting plenty of games and are busy during that time otherwise fans of other teams will just label us afraid of those teams or something.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ireland/...ry/601615.html

I don't understand why BCB are cancelling and postponing a lot of our series like the 2 match test series against New Zealand in late 2010, 2 test matches against Australia in 2011, 5 ODI matches against Sri Lanka last year etc etc and not arranging our team more games. 2012 was a year where we played less Cricket.

I want to see this year 5 matches in ODIs against Ireland, Scotland and the Netherlands so we can finally show who is the better team. Also late in the year, we should invite these associate teams to Bangladesh for T20 matches in preparation for World T20 which will be held in Bangladesh.
Old January 21, 2013, 06:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

India-Pakistan niye ebhabe bolata ektu beshi hoye jachche na BCB President-er jonne?