facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 6, 2011, 07:55 AM
Cricket Legend

It hard to believe we are going to win against ENG nd SA after WI drama....I am sure we will only win against Ned....thats it!!!!

Old March 6, 2011, 07:56 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafayeen
England has 5 points. If they win against Ireland, they 7 points. if we win 2, we get only 6! HAH!
YOU ARE W R O N G ( sorry hysterical.)
england against ireland? Its a history now.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 6, 2011, 08:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we win ALL the remaining matches. This is cricket after all. On our day do we have the ability to beat all of them? YES!

Otherwise, life goes on and there is a Aussie tour to look forward to.
Old March 6, 2011, 08:03 AM
First Class Cricketer

It is also possible if IND lose 3 games out of 4
very much possible against WI and SA ; Surprise result from NED or IRE
Old March 6, 2011, 08:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we win ALL the remaining matches. This is cricket after all. On our day do we have the ability to beat all of them? YES!

agreed
Old March 6, 2011, 08:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Guys let us beat England first....
Old March 6, 2011, 08:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Tamim

ENG will never lose against WI, which will mean we are simply gonna be out even if we beat them! Yes, not the only hope for us is to win 3 out of 3......I hope, Shakib and Taklu Da already realized it. If they still keep saying 2 wins out of 3 matches will do it for us, than let's not expect anything from them.
Old March 6, 2011, 08:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafayeen
^But then West Indies has 6 points and a better run rate than us and they go through.
We can still improve our RR. Alternately, Now we may even try to win against SA.

Winning all 3 is the safest way, if we beat Eng/SA we are making a lot of problem in the table. Tie breaking will break a lots of hearts.

Bottom line is, even Ire is ahead of us at the moment. Even they are going to have 6 points.
Old March 6, 2011, 08:38 AM
First Class Cricketer

we have no chance at all except winning all 3 games.
Old March 6, 2011, 08:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

and looks like the Irish gona beat India today...
Old March 6, 2011, 08:42 AM
Banned

Ireland looking good against India.
Old March 6, 2011, 08:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan

It's a huge liability to get stuck to that phrase, like we are in. In other words, that means we aren't able to beat anyone. God knows when the day will be ours. And you can't build up an expectation basing on "Our Days"

And it will be a pleasant surprise to see us winning all the remaining 3, just by chance if those are our days.

Expectations lowered.
Old March 6, 2011, 08:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
@Hamster41 I think when Shakib said that last game wasn't a must win..he was counting on SA to beat Eng lol. I wonder how he is feeling now.
twitter
Old March 6, 2011, 09:09 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
I have already posted this in another thread.

Bangladesh will play in QF*

* conditions apply
1. Bangladesh must beat both Eng & Neth.
2. WI must beat Eng and wins more than 3 matches (BD , Neth, Ire, Eng)
3. Ire wins not more than 2 matches (Eng, Neth)

Then, IND, SA, WI & BD will go through.

HAPPY !!
too much confusion man!..why cant we win the 3 remaining matches and go through..or go home...oh..wait..we r already here
Old March 6, 2011, 09:17 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

We will win the three remaining matches and qualify for QF. That's it!
I don't have the heart (strength of) to ponder at any other possibility and get my hopes high. We either do it or bow out.
Old March 6, 2011, 09:27 AM
Club Cricketer

Before the WC began Bangladesh was never in a likely position to get through to the QF. The expectation of an optimistic fan was for them to win 1/2 other matches apart from the associates to sneak a 4th spot from any under-par performance of the 4 other teams in the group. But group B apparently has turned out to be a pit of death with all the teams- including the associates giving a fight of their lives. The intensity of these matches can best be observed from an English perspective:

They couldn't defend over 300 runs against the Irish batting while they denied victory to the south-african batting with only 171 on the board. They won against the dutch with only 8 balls to spare and tied a game where almost 700 runs were scored.

From a bangladeshi perspective it is easier to have hoped for a loss from the english today(as they went from being at the most vulnerable spot to being no.1 in group B) or to put your mind at ease by expecting nothing else from our boys. However, anyone following cricket would see a loss from the english an unfortunate circumstance given the drama they have provided us and a poor showing of the rest of the BD matches will be equally unsatisfying; because this isn't the team from WC07.

I may be alone on this one as I prefer the outcome of the WI game over a fighting loss. Apart from stripping our pride it hasn't dealt as serious a blow on our run-rate as the India game(since there were next to no runs scored in this game). Shakib and Siddons may try to hide their feelings and intent by ludicrous statements like "this isn't a serious game"(v. Pakistan) but we all know that 11 boys set out with the hopes of a nation in a once in a lifetime opportunity and faltered under pressure to announce the 4th of March an unofficial day of mourning for our beloved country. The shock wave of disappointment could be felt by bengalis all around the world. 'In this grave hour' I would like to turn to Sun Tsu who says:

"Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory."

Make no mistakes group B is still as open as ever and no team is safe from exclusion. Two losses will even see the leading team out. To conduct permutations of it all will be chaotic and yield at least 14 different scenarios. It is clear however that there is no creeping past unsuspecting teams. If Bangladesh proceeds it must be gained on merit. We cannot rely on other teams fighting our fights. The condition still remains the same and we must do what we set out to achieve in the first place by defeating the associates and winning 1/2 other matches. We HAVE to win against England or SA or Both. Even then we may not make it. So I rephrase: we MUST 'perform to potential' since run-rate are very likely to come into play. All is not lost.
Old March 6, 2011, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Some people are saying we will win 3 games out of 3, etc. Don't you guys realise this is the main reason of our dissapointment? We look too far ahead of ourselves, We expect and dream too much about the future, and when that expectation is not met, we get sad and dissapointed. So just concentrate on the next match now, take it match by match and forget everything else, we can plan once we Win our next match, all this analysis is worthless if we lose the next match
Old March 6, 2011, 09:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Bangladesh will lose remaining of their matches. I hope Ireland goes through as they certainly have the "hunger for victory."
Old March 6, 2011, 09:55 AM
Banned

^^ Ireland definitely deserves a spot in the Quaterfinals.
Old March 6, 2011, 10:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

we have a point to prove here.next match will be the one where we either prove that the loss against WI was a freak performance or that we are not good enogh to be in the top 8 even in our home conditions.
Old March 6, 2011, 10:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

I am hoping Bangladesh is going to score atleast 150-200 in the remaining games and save their dignity whatever they have left. there is a very good chance that against SA/Eng they might repeat 50+ runs. Before the world cup we were thinking winning 3 matches wont be hard. Some of us thinking winning 4/5 matches. Team and specially Shakib should stop talking about QT. They should only concentrate on the next match.
Old March 7, 2011, 01:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawaGuy
Before the WC began Bangladesh was never in a likely position to get through to the QF. The expectation of an optimistic fan was for them to win 1/2 other matches apart from the associates to sneak a 4th spot from any under-par performance of the 4 other teams in the group. But group B apparently has turned out to be a pit of death with all the teams- including the associates giving a fight of their lives. The intensity of these matches can best be observed from an English perspective:

They couldn't defend over 300 runs against the Irish batting while they denied victory to the south-african batting with only 171 on the board. They won against the dutch with only 8 balls to spare and tied a game where almost 700 runs were scored.

From a bangladeshi perspective it is easier to have hoped for a loss from the english today(as they went from being at the most vulnerable spot to being no.1 in group B) or to put your mind at ease by expecting nothing else from our boys. However, anyone following cricket would see a loss from the english an unfortunate circumstance given the drama they have provided us and a poor showing of the rest of the BD matches will be equally unsatisfying; because this isn't the team from WC07.

I may be alone on this one as I prefer the outcome of the WI game over a fighting loss. Apart from stripping our pride it hasn't dealt as serious a blow on our run-rate as the India game(since there were next to no runs scored in this game). Shakib and Siddons may try to hide their feelings and intent by ludicrous statements like "this isn't a serious game"(v. Pakistan) but we all know that 11 boys set out with the hopes of a nation in a once in a lifetime opportunity and faltered under pressure to announce the 4th of March an unofficial day of mourning for our beloved country. The shock wave of disappointment could be felt by bengalis all around the world. 'In this grave hour' I would like to turn to Sun Tsu who says:

"Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory."

Make no mistakes group B is still as open as ever and no team is safe from exclusion. Two losses will even see the leading team out. To conduct permutations of it all will be chaotic and yield at least 14 different scenarios. It is clear however that there is no creeping past unsuspecting teams. If Bangladesh proceeds it must be gained on merit. We cannot rely on other teams fighting our fights. The condition still remains the same and we must do what we set out to achieve in the first place by defeating the associates and winning 1/2 other matches. We HAVE to win against England or SA or Both. Even then we may not make it. So I rephrase: we MUST 'perform to potential' since run-rate are very likely to come into play. All is not lost.
Well written my man. You must be an optimist like myself!

Lets hope for the best.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old March 7, 2011, 01:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

3 out of 3 is what we need.
3 out of 3 is what we'll win Inshallah.

We've hit the rock bottom and we'll rise from the ashes.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 7, 2011, 02:31 AM
Street Cricketer

The bottom line is Bangladesh has to win 2 games atleast, well hoping more than that will be insane,
i just don't get y is every1 thinking that SA is through,
SA only played 3, lost 1 won 2, and guessing that they'll win aganst ire, still it only gives them 6 points(b4 bd match),
england got 2 games (win agains WI they are through with 7 points,considering losing with bd
(lose with wi , 5 points)
, WI got 3 games left i( loseto ind,lose to eng , win with ire) points 6
(lose to ind, win eng ,win with ire) points 8
So aat the end of the day we shall hope if BD beats Eng,
eng lose to WI, IND will beat WI,

point tables IND 11 or 9 (depending on SA vs IND) game
SA 8 or 10
WI 8
BD 6
Eng 5

If bd doesn't beat england thwn we shall hope tht bd beats SA,
ENG beats WI, IND beats SA, IND bts WI

Point table
IND 11
England 9
SA 6
WI 6
BD 6

it comes down to the run rate, well we don have much luck in that as well,

SO yeah i guess the first option is better for us, but even still losing to ENG might have hope :P
Old March 7, 2011, 06:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Hate to be a bummer, but even if we pull off a win against England, I'd put my money on Bangladesh beating South Africa (pretty damn unlikely) over West Indies beating England. Honestly don't think they have much of a chance.