facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 19, 2019, 08:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain
Default Why is Soumya and Liton in the World Cup Squad?

Soumya is playing really bad in dpl still he considered in the World Cup squad.

197 runs in 11 matches highest score:43

players like Raqibul,Naeem Islam,Yasir Ali,Jaharul is not considered but this idiot is.

Yasir Ali made it to the Ireland tri series but he should be in the World Cup squad even if he is new and does not have the experience. He would score consistently not like Soumya or Liton who score 1 good innings and then next 10 matches no good knock.

Soumya 12 wickets

Liton 250 runs in 6 matches but we already know that he got exposed in Nz.

Tamim's opening partner should be Jaharul,Miraz,Imrul,Shadman etc not Liton or Soumya.
They should be kicked out the national team for good.

Old April 19, 2019, 09:41 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Forhad Reza should be in the squad too..he is doing great..he is a great muslim, his biggest qualification what more can you need
Old April 19, 2019, 09:43 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Just look at those unplayable delivery man..Bradman would have been out 5 times for sure

Our domestic cricket surely is the best place to judge players

Old April 19, 2019, 11:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Soumya has one of the best odi records for a BD batsman so not surprising, he hasn’t done well this dpl but his last international outings he did make a couple of scores plus previously he has played some big innings against quality opposition.

So really not surprising for soumya.

Liton clearly has talent but he’s struggled internationally, shadman could’ve got a go but liton has the international experience and this is a World Cup.
Old April 20, 2019, 01:43 AM

I'm not sure if you should go for new talent in a WC. I think selectors have done their job right.
Old April 20, 2019, 02:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Soumya has one of the best odi records for a BD batsman so not surprising, he hasn’t done well this dpl but his last international outings he did make a couple of scores plus previously he has played some big innings against quality opposition.

So really not surprising for soumya.

Liton clearly has talent but he’s struggled internationally, shadman could’ve got a go but liton has the international experience and this is a World Cup.
Correct observation.

At the moment, there should NOT be any question about Soumya's place in the team. He has been one of the best ODI players for Bangladesh. The numbers support it. His issue is mental - sudden brain freeze that gets him out. I hope Mashrafe, coach, and team psychologist talk to him about it.

Soumya is our best no 3 at the moment.

As for Liton, the selectors and captain preferred him over Shadman due to his ability to play occasional big innings and experience. I am hopeful that he will deliver. If not, I can claim victory in hindsight about Imrul and Shadman
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old April 20, 2019, 02:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Anik's partner in crime is also opening threads from left to right about sharkar/das. Didn't know that being a Hindu player would be this much of a crime for these two idiots. Get a life.
Old April 20, 2019, 06:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Why are they in the squad? Ye Allah ki marzi.
Old April 20, 2019, 06:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarbine2
Soumya is playing really bad in dpl still he considered in the World Cup squad.

197 runs in 11 matches highest score:43

players like Raqibul,Naeem Islam,Yasir Ali,Jaharul is not considered but this idiot is.

Yasir Ali made it to the Ireland tri series but he should be in the World Cup squad even if he is new and does not have the experience. He would score consistently not like Soumya or Liton who score 1 good innings and then next 10 matches no good knock.

Soumya 12 wickets

Liton 250 runs in 6 matches but we already know that he got exposed in Nz.

Tamim's opening partner should be Jaharul,Miraz,Imrul,Shadman etc not Liton or Soumya.
They should be kicked out the national team for good.
Are you and SH Anik brothers? Did you guys attend the same madrassa or something? holy moly.
Old April 20, 2019, 11:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Just look at those unplayable delivery man..Bradman would have been out 5 times for sure

Our domestic cricket surely is the best place to judge players

Why was everyone going after highest wicket taker of the league?! Some team counter-attacking plan gone horribly bad?!
Old April 20, 2019, 02:29 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Why was everyone going after highest wicket taker of the league?! Some team counter-attacking plan gone horribly bad?!
They don’t respect his pace. The guys just don’t have enough strength and conditioning to clear the outfield repeteadly and your boy reza is just a recipient of that good will.

But the tournament we are talking about has Ross Taylor, Chris Gayle, Kohli

They will clear those full tosses back to the top deck of the stadium.

And if Chris Gayle is not ina nice mood, he might even send reza on a one way flight back to Dhaka on all those balls.
Old April 21, 2019, 01:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11

Soumya scored a century today in a crucial match. And, it came in 75 ish balls.
Old April 21, 2019, 03:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuadomar
Soumya scored a century today in a crucial match. And, it came in 75 ish balls.
even more impressive is mithun with 64 off 34 balls.
Old April 21, 2019, 03:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

mohammed naim is our future i reckon.
Old April 24, 2019, 10:02 AM
Cricket Sage

This is from theDailyStar (quote from Tamim)

Quote:

“When you have a regular opening partner, we both get to know about our games well. Sometimes it happens that my timing is not right or I am striking the balls but only to the fielders. Then he needs to take the extra chances.

“But if somebody is not settled, it is very unfair to go and tell him ‘go on, take some chances’. Because they also need to go through a process. However, I am certain that Liton and Soumya have gotten enough chances. I am sure this is the right time to show the world how good they are,” said Tamim to reporters in Mirpur on Wednesday.

I understand the other part of Tamim's comment that its time for Liton and SS to step up in the WC. But I didn't get what he exactly meant by the above highlighted section? Is he saying that when Tamim struggle, his partner need to take extra chances to save his as$? It doesn't make sense. Didnt he played enough games already to clean his own RR mess (if he struggle at the beginning)? Doesn't his own advice applies to him also? Now a days he takes his time to build his innings taking less chances at the beginning; Some times he fails and other times he is successful. Shouldn't he advice the same (i.e. taking less chance at the beginning and concentrate on building the innings) to his young partners?

I am confused here.
Old April 24, 2019, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
This is from theDailyStar (quote from Tamim)

I understand the other part of Tamim's comment that its time for Liton and SS to step up in the WC. But I didn't get what he exactly meant by the above highlighted section? Is he saying that when Tamim struggle, his partner need to take extra chances to save his as$? It doesn't make sense. Didnt he played enough games already to clean his own RR mess (if he struggle at the beginning)? Doesn't his own advice applies to him also? Now a days he takes his time to build his innings taking less chances at the beginning; Some times he fails and other times he is successful. Shouldn't he advice the same (i.e. taking less chance at the beginning and concentrate on building the innings) to his young partners?

I am confused here.
I'm pretty sure he means that if one partner is struggling they make take a little longer to get set. So the other partner needs to take responsibility to push the score a little bit, especially if the other partner is in good form.

That's pretty reasonable and fairly standard.
Old April 24, 2019, 11:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
I'm pretty sure he means that if one partner is struggling they make take a little longer to get set. So the other partner needs to take responsibility to push the score a little bit, especially if the other partner is in good form.

Yes true, but It would be appropriate expectation if his partner is some one senior like Imrul for example.

Liton and SS are neither senior, nor they have established themselves yet and in top of it they are not necessarily in 'good form' right now. Their inclusion has being questioned by some. Therefore isn't it unrealistic expectation by Tamim from Litton/SS ?

Both are criticized recently for being playing too aggressively at the beginning and getting out cheaply. Shouldn't the true expectation from these two to play safely at the beginning and build partnership and then take chances?

I think senior player like tamim, is sending confusing signal to these young players about their role in the team. They are both aggressive player by nature, if they get some run and confidence ans can stay longer, eventually run (at quicker run rate) will come from their bat.
Old April 25, 2019, 08:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king

I read that same.

Fazal, he is just asking those to make some good scores in a consistent basis in the WC so that everyone recognizes them as not only talented but with substances. Not like 20-30 looking good and then out. He is not asking to make risky shots or to take more risks. May be take more strike when he is struggling at best. He would do the same if the role is reversed.

At any rate the flat pitches in England will assist the batsmen, so I am not worried at all. The bowling is what worries me. If we can't defend a 320, we are in trouble. If the cutters are not working, can he deliver a Yorker? Does he remember how to bowl a Yorker? Same with all the medium pacers we have. May be Sarkar needs to learn how to bowl Yorker since the rest of them forgot.
Old April 25, 2019, 02:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Tamim's right. Its time for liton and soumya to step up in the wc, just like tamim did in 2015 -- err, hmm... do as I say, not as I do.
Old May 17, 2019, 04:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Someone please close this thread.

Thank you,
Aklemalp
Old May 17, 2019, 10:24 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Someone please close this thread.

Thank you,
Aklemalp
Mere closing the thread is not enough.
Warrants some apology as well,specially for the last sentence.