facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 10, 2011, 12:58 PM
BD Correspondent, ESPNCricinfo

Default 1st Test vs Pakistan, Day 2: Dec 10, 2011

There was very little interest in the game on the 2nd day because the Tigers were fielding for a lost cause. This Test match is over in every way but there was much to learn from Mohammad Hafeez and Younis Khan.

If one wants to throw away my theory, you should do it right away but I believe Hafeez's stature in international cricket wasn't too high till about this year. But how he's transformed himself is something the Tigers must have learned today.

Ever since the NZ series last year, the batsmen haven't batted confidently yet, they had a swagger. I think that should stay but it has to backed up by confidence.

Highlight of the day: Rubel

J.O. of the day: Can't put anyone done on such a day.

What's next? Pakistan to let it go after a 300-run lead.

Old December 10, 2011, 01:38 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Question for Mo Islam.

Mo, it's been said (in some quarters) that Bangladesh's time is running out to save their Test status. When opposition teams start feeling sorry for you and there's an overwhelming feeling that any match is already decided before it starts, it means matches are almost a forgone conclusion.

Do you feel there is less than a year to save Bangladesh cricket from an embarrassing demotion back to associate level? You probably now better than most what's being said.
Old December 11, 2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Question for Mo Islam.

Mo, it's been said (in some quarters) that Bangladesh's time is running out to save their Test status. When opposition teams start feeling sorry for you and there's an overwhelming feeling that any match is already decided before it starts, it means matches are almost a forgone conclusion.

Do you feel there is less than a year to save Bangladesh cricket from an embarrassing demotion back to associate level? You probably now better than most what's being said.
Mate it's Isam... but I'll let that one go!

The feeling that the Test status is under threat has been a notion that has been going around since 2002 (two years after they became a Test-playing nation). They won't be demoted (yes, you heard it from me) but their form is a concern. The players have to own up to the mistakes privately (I doubt if they do that) and come clean.

By the way mate, hope you're doing well and having a whale of a time at work.

Take care
Old December 11, 2011, 03:23 PM

Default 1st Test vs Pakistan, Day 3: Dec 10, 2011

Younis Khan's double century was as professional as they come but I was also impressed by Asad Shafiq. Plus, have you noticed that upcoming players from other countries have a happy knack of creaming the Bangladesh attack?

The Tigers finished off with six wickets in hand. I think everyone saw what transpired so it won't be wise to comment on it again.

Let's see how it finishes and then I'll say what I have to say.

Highlight of the day: Nazimuddin

J.O. of the day: Nasir Hossain

What's next? Innings defeat perhaps...
Old December 12, 2011, 02:41 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isam
Mate it's Isam... but I'll let that one go!

The feeling that the Test status is under threat has been a notion that has been going around since 2002 (two years after they became a Test-playing nation). They won't be demoted (yes, you heard it from me) but their form is a concern. The players have to own up to the mistakes privately (I doubt if they do that) and come clean.

By the way mate, hope you're doing well and having a whale of a time at work.

Take care
No..sorry, I didn't even realise I had misspelled..oops typing too fast.

2002 was entirely different not least as Bangladesh had just started. That was a decade ago and the issue for the ICC is that funding and support (which has to be agreed by the member nations, notably India) is what keep Bangladesh Cricket solvent in many ways. If you continually invest in something without signs of substantial improvement there would be some fairly serious questions.

I tend to agree that it is 'highly unlikely' anything would transpire. However, with Ireland's progress and the fact they are considering Test status, means extra funding will need to be diverted there. I would not be comfortable that "all is ok" completely.

Having a busy time coaching in the UK and writing my third book, Ultimate Pace Secrets, due out in April 2012.
Old December 12, 2011, 11:14 PM

Default 1st Test vs Pakistan, Day 4: Dec 10, 2011

It ended in a whimper on Monday and though I'm writing on what should have been the fifth morning, it feels odd to think that the year actually started with a lot of hope.

I am pretty sure things will turn around but there is an aweful lot to do and I see many lazy people around (just like me, while playing cricket!)

Nazimuddin has proved somehow that NCL works or at least, players doing well in the NCL could translate that into international cricket even once (as Elias Sunny did two months ago).

Highlight of the day: The (other) local boy

J.O. of the day: Bangladesh cricket team

What's next? Another Dhaka Test with all its trappings.
Old December 12, 2011, 11:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Isam bhai very nicely put....sadly this series has been a disaster for us. Hope things will turn around soon for good....
Old December 13, 2011, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i almost forgot that nazimuddin is chatgaiyya
Old December 13, 2011, 09:57 AM
Cricket Sage

My verdict: Death Penalty
Old December 13, 2011, 06:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

How come there is no BCB observer available when playing at home?
I dont see lack of intereset for touring foreign countries.
Old December 19, 2011, 11:08 AM

Default 2nd Test vs Pakistan, Day 3: Dec 19, 2011

Apologies (read excuses) are in order. Day 1 was marred by the ICC VP story so I was too spent to write. On Day 2 I had an office meeting that sucked the life out of me. You know how those can be.

Two things have stood out in this game. Bangladesh have looked decent with the bat and absolutely crap in fielding.

Shahriar Nafees probably has saved his career with the 97, an excellent knock that had him use all the experience he has mustered so far.

Shakib's innings was obviously superb. He went through all sorts of emotions to get to 144, a knock that hopefully taught him how to avoid a bad shot.

The rest were seen watching the DVD of both these innings. Ha!

The bowling has been quite poor in parts. The spinners have been non-existent, though Shakib and Riyad did make a few spit here and there. Sunny hasn't played this game (joke) but Nazmul has bowled well, really well, without much luck. The same however cannot be said about Shahadat and Robiul (though he's unlucky not to get a wicket).

Highlight of the day(s): Shakib, Nafees

J.O. of the day: Whoever didn't score on this wicket.

What's next? Pakistan must regain momentum first, then the rest.
Old December 19, 2011, 11:27 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Thanks Isam bhai..i was wondering where ur verdicts were
Old December 19, 2011, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Apologies (read excuses) are in order. Day 1 was marred by the ICC VP story so I was too spent to write. On Day 2 I had an office meeting that sucked the life out of me. You know how those can be.

Two things have stood out in this game. Bangladesh have looked decent with the bat and absolutely crap in fielding.

Shahriar Nafees probably has saved his career with the 97, an excellent knock that had him use all the experience he has mustered so far.

Shakib's innings was obviously superb. He went through all sorts of emotions to get to 144, a knock that hopefully taught him how to avoid a bad shot.

The rest were seen watching the DVD of both these innings. Ha!

The bowling has been quite poor in parts. The spinners have been non-existent, though Shakib and Riyad did make a few spit here and there. Sunny hasn't played this game (joke) but Nazmul has bowled well, really well, without much luck. The same however cannot be said about Shahadat and Robiul (though he's unlucky not to get a wicket).

Highlight of the day(s): Shakib, Nafees

J.O. of the day: Whoever didn't score on this wicket.

What's next? Pakistan must regain momentum first, then the rest.

Thank you Isam.

But the king of the J.Os is Mushy for running Shakib out, for pathetic keeping and poor captaincy (why on earth did he continue with Shahadat ??!!!)
Old December 20, 2011, 05:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

what about the umpires?
Old December 20, 2011, 01:16 PM

Default 2nd Test vs Pakistan, Day 4: Dec 20, 2011

The start of the day was better than the end, as often happens on the later days of a Test match Bangladesh are involved in, especially this year.

Shahadat Hossain gave off the runs with a new sort of action, someone said he tried to reverse the ball but I didn't buy it.

Later it was the three dropped catches that was the focus of attention in the press box. It was terrible and showed that the focus was off with a day of batting staring at them.

The batting began well. I predicted that Tamim would score a big one as he looked really good at the start. But two bad decisions followed, Tamim and Nafees, and things are now really bad for Bangladesh.

But the day belonged to Shakib Al Hasan. Excellent stuff once again. A record he deserved.

Highlight of the day: Shakib's 6/82

J.O. of the day: Shahadat

What's next? Another defeat.
Old December 20, 2011, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
what about the umpires?
Isam, piggy backing from Lamisa, why isn't there a single article on DS, or did I miss it?, about how unfortunate Bangladesh has been in this test match and throughout its test journey. I know you cannot write anything on Cricinfo, unless it happens to India, Aus, Eng and SA, but you can on DS. If you yourself cannot because your articles are published in CI, then why not have some on else work that?

This bad umpiring injustice is getting out of hand and complicating our failure exponentially. Our players are not so good to begin with but when they show a little sign of improvement they are hampered with decisions going against them. These kids just don't get the break they need to find their feet in test. I am not asking for favors from the umps, just give these guys the damn fair chance they deserve.
Old December 20, 2011, 02:37 PM
Cricket Legend

I am with betaar. I am very disappointed to see there has not been a single article on bad umpiring decision saga that has been going on in this series. And this is nothing new, it is an ongoing process ever since we got the Test Status. I dont know why our jounrnalist are so reluctant about writing about this and stand up? God knows how many Test and ODI's we lost due to biased umpiring. It takes just one and yes just one bad decison to lose a match. This match alone is a geat example.
Old December 20, 2011, 02:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
But two bad decisions followed, Tamim and Nafees, and things are now really bad for Bangladesh.What's next? Another defeat.
Why not for once just stand up and say "wrong decisions" instead?
What are you guys are so scared of? If these sort of things happened against END,
these umpires would be banned for life!
Old December 22, 2011, 10:48 AM

Default 2nd Test vs Pakistan, Day 5: Dec 21, 2011

Late once again but the last day did promise much for Bangladesh. Nasir and Mushfiqur played well but the skipper threw it away.

Bowling wise, Shahadat tried things but was poor in execution.

Highlight of the day: Nasir Hossain.

J.O. of the day: Elias Sunny's batting.

What's next? Premier League and BPL.