facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 19, 2012, 04:58 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Pont bhai, if you were still our coach, do you think the bowling department would be performing better?

No disrespect to SJ.
I hope so, yes. Shafiul has fallen away badly and none of the people I spoke about or worked with during my tenure (Rabbi, Robin, Dollar, Shahadat, etc etc) have come through or even improved. So I think it IS a disappointing time for BD bowlers since April 2011.

I don't see any new faces either who really deserve a chance in the side yet (and I mean deserve as opposed to someone selected because the alternatives are too poor).

This may not be the fault of SJ because his role might be very specific to the national squad and not development.

However, getting the very best out of what you DO have is the main focus. I'm beginning to think BD has missed a trick with that at least. I cannot comment how NZ went as a fast bowling unit under SJ as I don't know enough about them (except the Banglawash in 2010).

I guess ultimately, people's results are their results and others than me, can probably reveal the win/loss and bowling successes.

Old November 19, 2012, 05:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Shafiul Islam is okay for ODIs but he doesn't try to improve his physique which will make a real difference to the way he bowls but I have really been impressed with Nazmul Hossain who by the way should be playing those test matches. For the test match coming up soon, I will stick with Rubel so he can build on considering he had a surgery and Abul Hasan for Shahadat just to see how well he does in that format after all, Bangladesh really have nothing to lose at this moment. A 3 way pace attack in ODIs consisting of Mashrafe, Rubel and Nazmul will do wonders for us for sure.
Old November 19, 2012, 05:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Anamul Haque should play and even if he did struggle so be, he'll just use that experience which will give him confidence and come back strong before he makes his full-time debut. I've seen him play a few times earlier this year and he seems to struggle to deal with extreme pace but fantastic against spin bowlers but its a gamble worth taking. Mind you he was the top scorer at the recently concluded Under-19 World Cup by a long margin and has been in top form in NCL last season as well as this season.
Old November 19, 2012, 06:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

How is the pitch conditions for this match? Will it be spinner friendly or pace friendly or another dead rubber?
Old November 19, 2012, 07:00 PM
Cricket Legend

whats the point talk about the people who not even playing 15
Old November 19, 2012, 08:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
No. That's why I had him there.

I like his temperament and would like to see him told to "just bat" as long as he can. he has the shots, but needs to learn how to play an innings, in the way that Matt Prior can (also talented batter who IMO should bat higher for England).
Well coach. You know cricket better than I do. I agree though. Nasir does have the ability and determination to bat at #3. He's our 3rd best batsman in my opinion and since Tamim is needed at the opener's slot and Shakib has too much responsibility to bat at #3, Nasir isn't a bad option there.
Old November 19, 2012, 10:28 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

If Tamim is injured it would leave a big hole at the top of the order. I hope he recovers in time.
Reading prothom alo it seems Nazza is in the plans of the coach. What ever happens i will be happy if i don't have to see Shahadat and Junaid playing this game
Old November 19, 2012, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Anamul in the squad

source - prothom alo
Old November 20, 2012, 12:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Good luck K Shozi bhaia. :p

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 20, 2012, 12:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
No. That's why I had him there.

I like his temperament and would like to see him told to "just bat" as long as he can. he has the shots, but needs to learn how to play an innings, in the way that Matt Prior can (also talented batter who IMO should bat higher for England).
I agree with you 100% coach. Let Tamim and Nafees open the innings, Nasir at # 3, then Naeem, Shakib and others to follow. I also like to mahmudullah before mushy in the batting order. Another thing, putting nasir # 3 team can maintain a left-right combo of batsman for a long time.
Old November 20, 2012, 12:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I hope so, yes. Shafiul has fallen away badly and none of the people I spoke about or worked with during my tenure (Rabbi, Robin, Dollar, Shahadat, etc etc) have come through or even improved. So I think it IS a disappointing time for BD bowlers since April 2011.

I don't see any new faces either who really deserve a chance in the side yet (and I mean deserve as opposed to someone selected because the alternatives are too poor).

This may not be the fault of SJ because his role might be very specific to the national squad and not development.

However, getting the very best out of what you DO have is the main focus. I'm beginning to think BD has missed a trick with that at least. I cannot comment how NZ went as a fast bowling unit under SJ as I don't know enough about them (except the Banglawash in 2010).

I guess ultimately, people's results are their results and others than me, can probably reveal the win/loss and bowling successes.
Coach, can you plz tell me why the bd team never give the chance to pacer nazmul to play in a row , although he have less pace but his control is very good as per my observation.
Old November 20, 2012, 12:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

come on Nazimuddin, set the world cricket on fire Nazzafy the stadium with your strokeplay! Who is with me?
Old November 20, 2012, 01:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Agreed. This is why our players struggle in Tests. They might be good in 1 skill but in another skill they are weak. They aren't well rounded enough which is why you might see them doing well 2-3 days but not a full 5 days.
If if only they have two quality all above:
1. patience
2. shot selection.

i liked to hear it from naeem after 1st innings of the 1st test that he have decided not to play too many shot, only those shot that he have selected. That is a good example. good thinking. Even if anyone can remember, sachin tendulker also follow this rule during one of his tour to eng or aus, that he will not play all the shots, only selective shots to those ball which is appropriate for that shot. Let the other balls go or defend. Very simple thing but bd batters didn't learn. They only think if I can hit 4's & 6's then I am a big batsman, crowd will cheer in my name. I will be a big star. very very wrong thinking in the arena of test cricket. Till date, batting in test cricket needs the two basic things :
1. patience
2. shot selection.
Old November 20, 2012, 01:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
come on Nazimuddin, set the world cricket on fire Nazzafy the stadium with your strokeplay! Who is with me?
at least I am not with you. I don't like to see strokeplay to set the world of cricket on fire, I like to see "ghumparani batting" in test cricket from all of bd batters.
Old November 20, 2012, 01:17 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
[/I]

I am.....this is the only way we can fight back to the big teams....not happening with murgi dour....need some positive fire works..instead of dead belives...
Old November 20, 2012, 01:19 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurf
If if only they have two quality all above:
Even if anyone can remember, sachin tendulker also follow this rule during one of his tour to eng or aus, that he will not play all the shots, only selective shots to those ball which is appropriate for that shot. Let the other balls go or defend.
If my memory serves me right, it was a tour to Australia where the Aussies had a game-plan to bowl consistently wide of off stump to Tendulkar and frustrate him to go for a loose drive. He got out cheaply a couple of times before he decided that he will not play on the off side at all and only try to score off deliveries aimed at the stumps. If i am not mistaken he got a century in that game.
Old November 20, 2012, 01:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
If my memory serves me right, it was a tour to Australia where the Aussies had a game-plan to bowl consistently wide of off stump to Tendulkar and frustrate him to go for a loose drive. He got out cheaply a couple of times before he decided that he will not play on the off side at all and only try to score off deliveries aimed at the stumps. If i am not mistaken he got a century in that game.
yes, that's correct. that's how great players do in tough situation.
Old November 20, 2012, 01:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricbook
[/I]

I am.....this is the only way we can fight back to the big teams....not happening with murgi dour....need some positive fire works..instead of dead belives...
"big teams" what you mean by that ? Is india a big team then england ? still then why england captain batted for a long long time to save the match in the recent test match ? its test match bro and its obviously "murgi dour" , of course you will allow to play shot, but when time has come. after you make a century go for fireworks if situation demands, i won't mind. "positive fireworks" doesn't go with test match untill u batted long enough to save it first. Cauz its only the test match in cricket which have the result "draw", remember that.
Old November 20, 2012, 02:58 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Please tell me the BC clock is not wrong. Now I'm excited that the game starts tomorrow but I don't wanna get disappointed. BC clock has done that to me way too many times.
Old November 20, 2012, 03:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Anamul being our brightest prospect has recently hit good form and i really think he should be in the team for either SN/Junaid. Try Nazim out as well. If Nazim fails this match then i would shift Anamul to opener and put Mominul at #3. I think we need to see if Nazim can do well for us before we drop him permanently with the likes of Junaid/SN.

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Nazimuddin
3. Anamul Haque
4. Naeem Islam
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Mahmudullah
9. Sohag Gazi
10. Nazmul Hossain
11. Rubel Hossain
Old November 20, 2012, 03:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

All the Best Bangladesh.
Old November 20, 2012, 04:15 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurf
"big teams" what you mean by that ? Is india a big team then england ? still then why england captain batted for a long long time to save the match in the recent test match ? its test match bro and its obviously "murgi dour" , of course you will allow to play shot, but when time has come. after you make a century go for fireworks if situation demands, i won't mind. "positive fireworks" doesn't go with test match untill u batted long enough to save it first. Cauz its only the test match in cricket which have the result "draw", remember that.
Yo dude.....listen to me......don't compare with us eng or ind...[ed]...if we know how to play test ...then we didn't had to play 73 test....where we won only 3......go check the history....or u can say.....past dream of u r life...then u can see ....we lost multan test...bcas we r dumb....asia cup lost ....becase we played test.....we lost to austrilia in test match ...becas we got nervous in right time........and if you say talk about last match.....why we lose? It was simple target...just play positive cricket...but we couldn't....so, after all these drama and history....we never learn......we never think we can do when the times knock our doors....so forget about the draw....play like a real cricket...play like a real player....and belive u r self that what u r capable of doing it.....untill than I like to see some fire works in next test.......when test we play like a t20...when odi...we play test...when t20...we play like a odi....so we r ulta buji always....like u understood me.....i like shorts...if u have a problem...b[ed]

Last edited by Zunaid; November 20, 2012 at 07:22 AM.. Reason: Do post in a way that is respectful of others. Personal attacks, flaming, profanity, trolling, lewdness, harassment of any fo
Old November 20, 2012, 04:24 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

we... need.... to.... patent... the... use... of "...."

Will be travelling tomorrow so cricinfo and BC will be my window into the match.
Good luck to Tigers
Old November 20, 2012, 04:25 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Yo dude.... don't …post like … dat… damn … that's … hella annoying … who does… dat…? Takes longer … to type …
Old November 20, 2012, 04:27 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Jadu…kor …beat me to …it.