facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 28, 2014, 10:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan2k8
And some people including myself wanted him as the coach one point
And i still want him as a head coatch. Putu putu word won't work wih our boyz. They need to be spanked regularly. That is the only way to teach some of our fat headed dumbs.

Old March 28, 2014, 11:25 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

I like Mushfiq as a player, I really do. And I know he is sincere with all his efforts. I personally think rather than facile changes some structural changes need to be made. I do not want to be India or SA or Aus. But in ICC tourneys in Sub Conti why can't we punch above our weight much like NZ or Zimbabwe of the late 90's.

By structural changes I mean change in the manner of approaching games. Change in the way individual and team goals are set. We definitely need a better coach (After the kind of bowling changes Mushy made against WI did Jurgen have a chat with him? Was it pre-planned? Was there a plan B and C? Do all our players exactly know what their roles are in the team across formats?)

Why do we see all our top 4 trying to bat the same way. All other top teams have their top 4 and they have a certain role in the team look at Kohli and look at Raina, look at the difference with which they approach the innings it is clear that they have set roles in their team, look at Amla or ABDV. Do we have set expectations? Do we set a goal/series (basic things like asking a bowler to make sure his eco rate is around 6 and the other bowler to just think of wickets and not runs, ala Ashwin and Mishra)

Chopping and changing never works, the greatest teams had the most consistency. You have to have a core and that core stays same for at least a decade, that is how teams are formed anywhere.

Fellow fans should we not be a little more thinking in our arguments that we make rather than wanting to drop and replace x,y,z after every game.

#rantover
Old March 28, 2014, 11:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
".................... I don't think he will come to BD for any interview let alone speak in Bangla. Bhab maira english e uttor dibe.

out of topic discussion but we lost anyway.
Before the last World Cup Shourov did come to BD (probably countdown world cup or something like this). It was in front of the Shangshad Bhaban. Mushrafee was with him. In fact Ganguly was speaking in Bengali, while the host lady and Mushrafee was speaking in English.
Old March 29, 2014, 01:11 AM
Cricket Legend

People, did you not watch Sourav's nterview (in Bangla) on NTV with Borshon Kabir before the BD-WI game (it aired on NTV news- Sports on Monday night)? He was actually giving tips to our bolods during the interview. I don't know why we are complaining that he would never interview in Bangladesh and speak in Bangla at the same time. That's lame.
Old March 29, 2014, 02:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vua
http://www.icc-cricket.com/world-t20...fiqur-rahim-pc

Post match interview with Mushy.
I recommend everyone to watch it as lot of deshi reporters grilled him in Bangla
Nevertheless he spoke well. I agree with his justification on batting order.
Old March 29, 2014, 09:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

That's no way what you called grilling. They were just questioning him about the very things we are here losing our mind discussing. Thats not grilling, thats polite/constructive criticism in desperate times.