facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 14, 2012, 02:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

No to your thread.

Breaking news: Gilchrist thinks ODI will perish by 2015.

Old December 14, 2012, 04:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
you'r not the only one. i hate test cricket. who ever came up with format surely had nothing better to do than waste 5 days on one match.
must have had unlimited time because when tests were first played there was no limit on how many days they played for, some test matches of yesteryear went on for 8+ days.
Old December 14, 2012, 06:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Keep loving odi mate it's soon to be extinct
Old December 14, 2012, 07:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Was reading Gayle's statement about test cricket prospect of lower rank teams & WIndies; clearly there is nothing to motivate these sorta teams to play more tests to make any impact over top fours where next two years low rank teams will play with their standards only.
IMO as long as BD having their test status intact, they should keep showing their respect on this very old cricketing format and try their best, although BD cant set any realistic goal on it. But in LOIs where BD is possibly a better performing side, where ranking table is much more flexible with higher chances to crawl up and lots of lucrative tourney's arround, BCB needs to waste time & money on it more.
Old December 14, 2012, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Thank you Roey for saying something that needed to be said. Its a refreshing counter to the countless T20 bashing that goes on without provocation.

I grew up on test cricket and having nothing against the format but feel it becoming more and more irrelevant in today's world and the meaningless of the format in a larger context does make it less desirable. Not to mention its dependency on the limited formats to fund its existance.

Unless there is an effort to level the playing field for all test nations in terms of equal matches and a context (championship), its days are bound to be numbered. I have already abandoned Test cricket when Bangladesh is not involved and I can't imagine that I am part of a minority (maybe this forum due to diehard fans but I'm talking overall cricket fan population).

ICC is better off focusin on the following aspects: A) 1 or 2 year spanning league ODIs (equal home and away games for top 10-12 teams) on an ongoing basis B) ODI world cup every 4 years C) T20 World cup every 2 years with an established qualificaiton process D) Regional (Asia, North, South) championships in between T20 world cups as the qualificaiton process.

Test cricket can be left to the boards' discretion as opposed to an FTP and let them figure out whats needed based on the interest of the fans.
Old December 14, 2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Breaking news: Gilchrist thinks ODI will perish by 2015.
And we just started to get better and better at One Day Cricket ^^^ !!!
Old December 14, 2012, 09:21 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

No test no series against top 8 teams.

No test no money from ICC. Well you will get peanuts for a change.

Does anyone know how much money BCB gets from ICC?
Old December 14, 2012, 09:23 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
And we just started to get better and better at One Day Cricket ^^^ !!!
Not many can name last few world t-20 champ but many can name all World Cup odi champ from the beginning of time.
Old December 14, 2012, 09:53 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

It's all about pro 40..
Old December 14, 2012, 10:09 AM
Test Cricketer

I understand that what some says bout playing test would improve our cricket but how does it work when we're asking for different players for Test, ODIs and T20s?
Old December 14, 2012, 10:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

2005 Ashes series was a masterpiece. As someone said, watch the documentary. Its in YouTube, you might change your mind.
Old December 14, 2012, 10:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Rubbish thread

I bet you are below 15 years old
Old December 14, 2012, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
2005 Ashes series was a masterpiece. As someone said, watch the documentary. Its in YouTube, you might change your mind.
2006-2007 was even better.

I don't hate test cricket but I think its not Bangladesh's cup of tea. So why waste time and money?
Old December 14, 2012, 11:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
2006-2007 was even better.

I don't hate test cricket but I think its not Bangladesh's cup of tea. So why waste time and money?
2006-2007 might be better if you are an Aussie fan but as a neutral that series had no contest.

We can't abandon Test just cause we aren't good at it. We should take this a challenge upon ourselves and invest on it. People still judge teams on tests records and that's why SL, NZ are still ridiculed, e.g. Rodney Hogg saying this SL attack is the worst that came to Aus shores. I don't agree with this Hogg guy but it just shows that to earn respect, you have to prove yourselves in the test arena.
Old December 14, 2012, 11:19 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

If anyone asks for no test for Bangladesh, they should be banned from this forum. Those who don't know the history of Banglacricket.com should do some research, eventually you will find this site used to be called Teststatus.com.
Old December 14, 2012, 11:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Test is the most elite form of cricket,
We as a team are improving, I understand the frustration but we do learn a lot of things from Test.
I get frustrated looking at other teams playing Tests so often compared to us.
Old December 14, 2012, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
If anyone asks for no test for Bangladesh, they should be banned from this forum. Those who don't know the history of Banglacricket.com should do some research, eventually you will find this site used to be called Teststatus.com.
plus one
Old December 14, 2012, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Thank you Roey for saying something that needed to be said. Its a refreshing counter to the countless T20 bashing that goes on without provocation.

I grew up on test cricket and having nothing against the format but feel it becoming more and more irrelevant in today's world and the meaningless of the format in a larger context does make it less desirable. Not to mention its dependency on the limited formats to fund its existance.

Unless there is an effort to level the playing field for all test nations in terms of equal matches and a context (championship), its days are bound to be numbered. I have already abandoned Test cricket when Bangladesh is not involved and I can't imagine that I am part of a minority (maybe this forum due to diehard fans but I'm talking overall cricket fan population).

ICC is better off focusin on the following aspects: A) 1 or 2 year spanning league ODIs (equal home and away games for top 10-12 teams) on an ongoing basis B) ODI world cup every 4 years C) T20 World cup every 2 years with an established qualificaiton process D) Regional (Asia, North, South) championships in between T20 world cups as the qualificaiton process.

Test cricket can be left to the boards' discretion as opposed to an FTP and let them figure out whats needed based on the interest of the fans.

Yes! I'm happy I made this thread as wise people like you exist. I had forgotten all about the point about how test cricket needs ODI's revenues to even exist. And some people here actually have the nerves to say ODI is going to be extinct. Huh! LOL.

Look. For the rest of pro test crowd here, test cricket has no relevance today.

No one will sit with you from 9am to 5pm, to watch 13 white shirted men mix it up in the middle of the field. Check the scores maybe from time to time, even watch in the crucial moments when its exciting, as I do. But one one will get their pop corn and sodas, and anxiously bite their nails , waiting for a freaking test match to start.
No one, except the old school red ball humping cricket puritans of course. ( I know there are new schoolers who love test too, but this group is limited)

And I totally respect that. Nothing wrong. You lot probably know cricket better than I do, hence you can love such a format like test. I'm just saying, the world will move on. The world will get faster. The fast thinkers will rule the roost!

I give test cricket 20 more years before it dies out. It's best if we realize that, and start making Bd an ODI powerhouse.
Old December 14, 2012, 12:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Yes! I'm happy I made this thread as wise people like you exist. I had forgotten all about the point about how test cricket needs ODI's revenues to even exist. And some people here actually have the nerves to say ODI is going to be extinct. Huh! LOL.

Look. For the rest of pro test crowd here, test cricket has no relevance today.

No one will sit with you from 9am to 5pm, to watch 13 white shirted men mix it up in the middle of the field. Check the scores maybe from time to time, even watch in the crucial moments when its exciting, as I do. But one one will get their pop corn and sodas, and anxiously bite their nails , waiting for a freaking test match to start.
No one, except the wise *** red ball humping cricket puritans of course.

And I totally respect that. Nothing wrong. You lot probably know cricket better than I do, hence you can love such a format like test. I'm just saying, the world will move on. The world will get faster. The fast thinkers will rule the roost!

I give test cricket 20 more years before it dies out. It's best if we realize that, and start making Bd an ODI powerhouse.
what's your age? just an honest question, don't take it personally.
Old December 14, 2012, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
what's your age? just an honest question, don't take it personally.
21. Listen fella, age has got nothing to do with it. Cricket's my 5th favorite sport, so I'm not a guru. But thisis a forum and as a Bd fan, I have a right to give y'all a piece of my mind which thinks of many things outside the realms of cricket to come to the conclusions I come to.
Old December 14, 2012, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
21. Listen fella, age has got nothing to do with it. Cricket's my 5th favorite sport, so I'm not a guru. But thisis a forum and as a Bd fan, I have a right to give y'all a piece of my mind which thinks of many things outside the realms of cricket to come to the conclusions I come to.
ok that's what wanted to hear; 5th favorite sport. I wouldn't even think talking about my 5th favorite sport let alone open a thread clouded with stupid ideas.
Old December 14, 2012, 12:49 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Disagree with this view...
Old December 14, 2012, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
...Cricket's my 5th favorite sport...
ah, thats interesting ... made me think if I can even name players from my 5th fav sport.

anyways on topic: I appreciate your opinion Roey (although I am all FOR test cricket and cant disagree enough with your OP), atleast this beats 'pretending' to like Test cricket...
Old December 14, 2012, 01:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
ok that's what wanted to hear; 5th favorite sport. I wouldn't even think talking about my 5th favorite sport let alone open a thread clouded with stupid ideas.
Not stupid ideas unless you perceive the future as stupid.
And age's got nothing to do with. A 15 year old and a 35 year old could both school you just the same if you don't look ahead.
Try to learn something from these posts before walking away and bringing trivial things like age into it. Who knows, you might be enlightened for the better.
Old December 14, 2012, 02:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Oh...ei pola matro ekush bosor boyoshe eto buira der moton penor penor kore?