facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 18, 2003, 07:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

Although 7/0 in 3 overs. Very shaky start. Both batsmen were nearly gone to edges. Ehsanul was clearly dropped off the first ball of Drakes. God help us!

Old February 18, 2003, 07:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

7/0 after 3 overs. But both batsmen were nearly gone to edges. Ehsanul was clearly dropped off the first ball of Drakes. God help us!
Old February 18, 2003, 08:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib
Default Rain stopped play

Both openers are back in pavilion as we stumbled on 19/2. But Ashraful looks pretty confident, hitting Drakes for a 4 and 3 in successive balls. Rain has sopped play few minutes ago with Bangladesh at 32/2 after 8.1 overs. West Indies definitely did not want rain as their captain Lara said during half-time. Even if it doesnt get washed out, there 2 strike bowlers will have very few overs left to bowl under Duckworth-Lewis rule. BD will also have a shoter target 'cause Windies made less than 250. We have to keep wickets in hand and I am hoping for a loss by less than 50 runs.
Old February 18, 2003, 08:14 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default 32 for 2, RAIN

D/L method might come into effect.

Apparantly, the last two performances have not inspired our batsmen to learn from their mistakes. Both the openers had THREE clear lives between them before finally perishing. West Indies bowlers are getting good bounce and worrying swing from the wicket but that does not hide the fact that our batsmen were playing reckless shots at both ends.

Ash looked positive, a little cocky but hey, if he can score few more boundaries, he can be as cocky as he wants, Sanwar looks shaky but better then the top two. Both Drakes and Dillon look extremely in love with the wicket. Good wicket to bowl on, if we can see them through and not get too excited against Collymore, we have a good shot at posting a good reply. A loss within 50-60 runs is high in my book after the first two debacles.

IF D/L comes in, the match can go either way depending on how far we have to go from here. Wish cricinfo had a chart reayd for us to get an idea of where we need to go.
Old February 18, 2003, 08:25 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Our bowling and rotation

Too many bad balls by Manju and Talha. I do understand that Powell will hit the balls no matter who bowls at him but no reason helping him with those lose balls.

Talha is young but that does not excuse the no balls and the wides. Manju is even worse considering the years of experience he has had.

As for Kapali, would have brought him in around the 35-40 overs since our slowers bowlers were doing such a good ball and Talha wasn't looking comfortable.

Great job by Ehsan and I think Sanwar/Kapali could have done Rafique's job. Sujon's experience showed in his bowling.

Kapali made a big contribution by removing Hooper before the slog overs. Otherwise, WI was heading for 270+. Good decision by Pilot to take Talha off after the expensive overs.

Overall, if we were lucky and had removed Powell right away, we could have had WI all out for 210.

Again, how come Ehsanul doesn't bowl that often ? His bowling is FAR better then his batting. AS for all the TALENT that Rokon holds, is he planning to display any sign of that anytime soon ? Tired of reading about their AMAROTTO in the papers where they only turn out to be paper tigers on TV.
Old February 18, 2003, 09:41 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Talha has been out of bowling in a match for a long time - the last time that he had the ball in his hands in the practice matches consistently was during the first 3 or may be 4 games in Namibia.

If fielders had shown what they are capable of like today against Canada, then we would not have to get such a big total to chase (yes 181 is a huge total) in the first game.

So, I am not flattered by the bowling and fielding of the slow bowlers today. And that including Mashrafee - the way everybody has been praising about him - he should have taken at least 4 wickets if not 5 vs Canada. So in a way this is good for Bangladesh that Mashrafee was injured because even though he has the pace and bounce - but it is only for first 3 to 5 overs. Then it is all in-swingers for him.

West Indies had dropped 3 catches - 1 of Rokon and 2 of Seejan.

Seejan was not going after every ball that he faced - he definitely has his weakness - BIG weakness against fast bowling, for which he gave away his wicket 3 times - all because of his bad technique.

But what did Rokon do on the other end? He tried to get out of the pressure and really got out of the pressure BY GETTING OUT. The catch that he gave to Carl Hooper was not a technical weakness for him - he just does not have the temperament.

I think if Rokon had played for any other country, then he would have never got the chance to play for more than 20 matches as he did for Bangladesh.
Old February 18, 2003, 12:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default LATEST WEATHER FORECAST??

What's happening with the rain? Anyone knows?
Old February 18, 2003, 03:18 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Manju

the way manju was bowlin againt WI at the end was extremely bad. i was not surprised to see that with his worst shots WI's batsman dillon was able to hit a 6 and a 4. it was truely dissapointment to watch that. thats all i got to say. plus i think he is a no good player at all. Bd should defenitely get rid of him.
Old February 18, 2003, 03:23 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Overall

overall the game with WI i was really impressed with Bd fielding they were getting stopping the ball right and was tjrowing it very well back to the wicket keeper. the only person who made me real mad was kapali he was not fielding so well at all.. because of him we had a good couple of 4 given away. anywayz. but BD team gave an excellent performance til talha gave away 17 runs in one over( i still don't blame him that much cause he is young and not very well experienced. thats why ) but manju had no exception. but overall it was very good game to watch.
Old February 18, 2003, 08:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Default To put things in perspective..

Monju has been our most consistent bowler since the last world cup. The sad thing is, he doesn't have the pace. But he is the only BD pacer who bowls within his limitations and usually does a decent job. All the other idiots try to blast the opposition off the pitch. But yeah, Monju needs to improve his bowling at the death. He needs to learn to bowl those toe crushing yorkers. However, lets not forget, Powell hit 41 off 18 balls against South Africa in the first match of the world cup, so 50 off 31 is not that bad. I surely wouldn't drop him because Powell hit him for a few sixes.
Old February 18, 2003, 09:32 PM
Cricket Legend

kapali did poorly because of those 2 fours? did you see him diving full length at them - he would have done poorly had he just stood there and watched. he is like our johnty rhodes in the covers, did you see him over the rest of the game?

manju needs to bowl yorkers at the end, that is for sure. talha needs to adjust his run up to avoid no balls. pilot needs to walk over to a talha in the middle of the over if there are a lot of wides, etc. the list goes on....

i was really skeptical of sujon but was pleased by his performance with the ball. and if ehsnul can vary his deliveries, can he teach the others to do the same?
Old February 18, 2003, 10:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Its hurts me to say this, but overall, the match went quite well. All I had asked for was that we did not get humiliated. We didn't do that badly, so I am happy to take such a result.

Now all I ask is that we show some improvement for the next match...
Old February 19, 2003, 10:19 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Kaps

Kapali did poorly because of his habit to take his eyes off the ball. Jumpings great, shows the right attitude, just hope that he does not break his bones flying all over the ball.

His bowling was a key, he should have been used around the 35-45 overs. He is a very composed player and stood apart from the rest with those two crucial overs.