facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 29, 2005, 06:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default another video clip - Flintoff against Bangladesh

Flintoff's 6 hitting spree against Bangladesh.

Play

Enjoy

Need real player

Edited on, April 30, 2005, 3:19 AM GMT, by radicalsami.
Reason: topic changed... description added

Old April 29, 2005, 06:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

This is also a good bit of media, an audio interview with Warne, I actually agree with him for once

http://www.servecast.com/asx/ECB/Sportsline/warne.asx
Old April 29, 2005, 10:23 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

You really expect us to enjoy a BD bashing by flintoff? I sincerely hope our bowlers can show a thing or two this time around to the big englshman.
Old April 29, 2005, 10:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

good stuff...
Do u have the clip where 17 yr old nafis from bd said the english spinners r ordinary after scoring 100?
Old April 29, 2005, 10:29 PM
Cricket Legend

He whacked Harmison around in that innings as well!
Old April 29, 2005, 10:56 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rob22888
This is also a good bit of media, an audio interview with Warne, I actually agree with him for once

http://www.servecast.com/asx/ECB/Sportsline/warne.asx
I categorically disagree with Warne,,i dont think its " the most anticipating series for a long time" as Warne put it. The Indians tour of Pakistan was far more highly anticipated than this. Its perhaps exciting for England as after such a looooong time they have some hope to win the series (although i think its not gonna happen anyways). Chances r, most likely they will get beaten by Australia anyways. It has been happening for quite some time. By the way rob,,when was the last time England won Ashes? If i m not wrong then its 1986-87 series. Since then they have played 44 test matches between each other in Ashes and guess what? Out of those 9 were drawn and TWENTY EIGHT of them were won by Australia, u go and figure how many were won by England.
Old April 30, 2005, 12:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

thanks rob...keep the clips coming enjoying them thoroughly.

PS: do you by any chance have Ashraful's 100 against India since you referred to that innings in one of your threads? It would be much appreciated.

Edited on, April 30, 2005, 5:15 AM GMT, by pompous.
Old April 30, 2005, 01:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by akabir77
good stuff...
Do u have the clip where 17 yr old nafis from bd said the english spinners r ordinary after scoring 100?
yeah that was a great comment by nafis. i couldnt stop laughing and feeling sorry for them. how foolish. the english event wanted to file a case for that. hahahhaa. well the thing is yeah flintoff was able to fire against bangladesh once. that was when we just started. but situations are different now. that is history. i am sorry to say but i dont think flintoff will be able to do that in reality anymore maybe sometimes in his dreams.
Old April 30, 2005, 02:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

This sad guy rob is has nothing better to do? enjoying history?
Old April 30, 2005, 03:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

freddie may be hittin sixes, but we will show ashley giless and any other english spinner, to spin bowl properly
Old April 30, 2005, 05:14 AM
Club Cricketer

flintoff is a good player no doubt, but hopefully bd bowlers will stop him, they got a good history of bowling good over england. It will be interesting....

Edited on, April 30, 2005, 10:14 AM GMT, by sunnyctg.
Old April 30, 2005, 06:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Huda
freddie may be hittin sixes, but we will show ashley giless and any other english spinner, to spin bowl properly
I think the stick Gilo gets on these boards in unwarranted.

He seems to be a whole new player ever since he came back from the Windies tour last year. Why? No idea. But there has been runs and wickets in good amounts. You must remember how hard it is to groom spinners in England, and with that in mind I think Gilo has performed admirably in his career. The fact is that whenever he has gone to the subcontinet he has been a threat, and elsewhere he has been economical, except for a sticky 12 months he had.

Also, he is in the top 20 bowlers in the world which I think is respectable, in the top 10 not so long ago.

And, heres another video clip involving Giles, again Real Player is needed, its only short but I like it : Play
Old April 30, 2005, 07:46 AM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

rob: hehe this stick was first raised by Nafees Iqbal... when a kid dares to comment on a world class (maybe not so much when the interview was taken, but one of the top then contemporary spinners nevertheless) you would expect us to be a bit proud abt it. Nafees is cocky and his comments on the interview was indeed premature (a lot of us lashed out at nafees after the interview) but he said what he said and when i think back to it i feel a certain amount of pride running through my mind.

Edited on, April 30, 2005, 12:47 PM GMT, by radicalsami.
Old April 30, 2005, 08:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:

He seems to be a whole new player ever since he came back from the Windies tour last year. Why? No idea. But there has been runs and wickets in good amounts. You must remember how hard it is to groom spinners in England, and with that in mind I think Gilo has performed admirably in his career. The fact is that whenever he has gone to the subcontinet he has been a threat, and elsewhere he has been economical, except for a sticky 12 months he had.

Also, he is in the top 20 bowlers in the world which I think is respectable, in the top 10 not so long ago.

And, heres another video clip involving Giles, again Real Player is needed, its only short but I like it : Play
english are crap in nurturing spin bowlers, doesnt matter as much for the the conditions, look at australia, new zealand, or south africans, theyve produced some quality spinners

Edited on, April 30, 2005, 1:12 PM GMT, by Huda.
Old April 30, 2005, 08:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

I like the second hit. Very unorthdox.

Good video.. Enjoyed watching it. I hope he doesnt do that to us in ODI's (if he plays),
Old April 30, 2005, 11:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

english are crap in nurturing spin bowlers, doesnt matter as much for the the conditions, look at australia, new zealand, or south africans, theyve produced some quality spinners

Edited on, April 30, 2005, 1:12 PM GMT, by Huda.
We try out best to nuture spinners, but, I don't think they are given enough of a chance. For eg. if a young England spinner was to bowl two overs for 20 in a county match he would be pulled right out of the attack and not bowl again in the innings. Not the way to nuture spinners I don't think.
Old April 30, 2005, 11:48 AM
Retired BC Admin

Hey Rob, good to have you around.

Can't help it, here cometh Masri, real player is an absolute requirement. Be careful though, it might not be as short
Old April 30, 2005, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

hahahahaha
that was the best. enamul is enough for him. rafiq wont even have to come up.
Old April 30, 2005, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

well thats the thing. why dont u let your spinners play in thetwenty twenty? because you know they are of no quality. too sad. really need some help from us.
radicalsami, i also felt really proud when i heard that a young man like nafis had the guts to say that to an english bowler. if a young man like him can say that that means that there is really something wrong.
Old April 30, 2005, 02:32 PM
Test Cricketer

murali and saqlain were baggin in wickets all over the place so i dont think conditiosn matter as much if u have a naturally talented spinner. thats where i think the english lack when they are compared to other teams.

the english will sturggle to beat the subcontinent sides, so even if they beat the aussies i dont think they will be the best team in the world, look at aussies record in places like sri lanka compared to the pommies
Old April 30, 2005, 02:50 PM
Cricket Legend

ji bhai,
ashole akhonkar cricket a bhalo korte hole kintu shob deparment ai bhalo korte hoi. shudhu batting kingba bolling noi fielding eo bhalo korte hobe. ebong bolling eo shudhu pacer kingba shudhu spinner thakle kintu cholbe na, du dhoroner boler kintu thakte hobe. ebong ai england dole kintu spinner nai shai tulonai. jar jonno harmission hogwarts kingba flint off ar moton boler thaka shotteo tara bhalo korte parche na. jodio hogwards harmissionra kokhonoi shoaib akhtar kingba chaminda vaasder moton oto bhalo na bole kintu ami mone kori. dannabad.
Old April 30, 2005, 02:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
well thats the thing. why dont u let your spinners play in thetwenty twenty? because you know they are of no quality. too sad. really need some help from us.
radicalsami, i also felt really proud when i heard that a young man like nafis had the guts to say that to an english bowler. if a young man like him can say that that means that there is really something wrong.
We do have our spinners play in 20/20, they are the most influential bowlers in the English 20/20 actually, get your facts right.
Old April 30, 2005, 03:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

We try out best to nuture spinners, but, I don't think they are given enough of a chance. For eg. if a young England spinner was to bowl two overs for 20 in a county match he would be pulled right out of the attack and not bowl again in the innings. Not the way to nuture spinners I don't think.

i dont understand what u r saying. u r telling here that your spinners gets pulled off. now u r saying they r the most influential bolers. so which one should i listen to.

Edited on, April 30, 2005, 8:15 PM GMT, by FaltuRidwanBhai.

Edited on, April 30, 2005, 8:16 PM GMT, by FaltuRidwanBhai.
Old April 30, 2005, 03:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

guys...just a friendly reminder...I think rob is making an effort to be nice...let us also be civil and hospitable to him..after all he is visiting our forum...no need to unnecessarily put anyone down...and just "because they do it all the time to us" won't cut it here. We are here to discuss cricket, and learn from one another about general cricketing knowledge and of course support our respective teams as well.

[Moderator]
Old April 30, 2005, 03:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai

i dont understand what u r saying. u r telling here that your spinners gets pulled off. now u r saying they r the most influential bolers. so which one should i listen to.

Edited on, April 30, 2005, 8:15 PM GMT, by FaltuRidwanBhai.

Edited on, April 30, 2005, 8:16 PM GMT, by FaltuRidwanBhai.
hehe, where is Arnab when you need him.