facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Select your Bangladesh Captain:
Mashrafe Bin Mortaza (27) 27 30.34%
Abdur Razzak (28) 0 0%
Shakib Al Hasan (24) 57 64.04%
Tamim Iqbal (22) 2 2.25%
None/Others 3 3.37%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 3, 2011, 09:23 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Default Shakib Al Hasan Vs Mashrafi Bin Mortaza “Captains Battle”

People who have watched Shakib play will most probably say that he is the best Captain of Bangladesh. I do not look at what people are saying, I look at the facts. If you look at the captains of the top 8 Test and ODI playing countries, they have a average age near 27. Examples of captains and age: Ms Dhoni (29) India, Kumar Sangakkara (33) Sri Lanka, Graeme Smith (30) South Africa, Shahid Afridi (31) Pakistan, Darren Sammy (27) West Indies, Micheal Clarke (30) Australia. I would think that making someone like Shakib Al Hasan (24) captain is very illogical. This might ruin the career of such a talented all rounder, captain is a different level job. Some captains are successful where others are destroyed. The captain position has destroyed a lot of players in Bangladesh such as Mohammed Ashraful and Habibul Bashar. The fact that I believe the best captain for Bangladesh is Mashrafi Bin Mortaza (27) is that he has experience, he is our leading seam bowler, excellent in battling power-play. This guy has been unfortunate due to injury to lead Bangladesh to a better and bigger success. At this moment we can not compare Mashrafi and Shakib as captains because Shakib played more games as captain then Mashrafi.

Who do you think should be the captain and why?

Will Shakib perform better as being a all-rounder but not a captain?

What quality should a captain have and why?

Old April 3, 2011, 09:26 AM
Banned

your views please
Old April 3, 2011, 09:27 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Captain should be Shahriar Nafees.

He is intelligent, not a media hound, he is a team player, not selfish, a good, solid batsman, understands tactics, is not naive, has no favourites... plus he is someone trustworthy who gives 100% for BANGLADESH and not himself.

This is what makes him simply the very best candidate.
Old April 3, 2011, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103

He is intelligent, not a media hound, he is a team player, not selfish, a good, solid batsman, understands tactics, is not naive, has no favourites... plus he is someone trustworthy who gives 100% for BANGLADESH and not himself.

You are speaking like one of our favorites - ex-U-19 and HP coach Richard McInnes. He also had glowing reviews about SN, especially his cricketing intelligence. I hae also heard from mutual friends that SN is also extremely guile-less.
Old April 3, 2011, 09:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Just follow India.....they have so many best performers who are not the captain. And they have no captaincy problems at least not coming in the media now.

We sould not have any problem with captaincy.

Just keep it simple and perform.
Old April 3, 2011, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

The guy ditched the team to join the ICL league. He betrayed us big time for his own selfish reasons. How is he unselfish? Definitely a media hound after that ridiculous show. Finally, "good, solid" batsmen don't edge 50% of swinging balls. Certainly can't seen him being captain with his attitude.
Old April 3, 2011, 09:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:

trustworthy and ICL???
Old April 3, 2011, 09:49 AM
Banned

There is no battle at the moment. Shakib is doing fairly well.
Old April 3, 2011, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i would always take mash over shakib if he's fully fit
Old April 3, 2011, 10:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Some people are living in the stone age and they never grow up! SN should not be the captain because he is not trustworthy because he played in the ICL!!!! I wonder what would happen if these people were in charge of the BCB. They would have procecuted Alok, Bashar, Rafique, Nafees, Dhiman and the likes simply by hanging and by burning them in fire.

Any of Mash and Shakib is fine with me. Both have the quality, if the coach does not create problems in their decision making. As long as Mash is around with full fitness, he can be a better choice and Shakib can focus on his performance. Tamim is not a captaincy material. He overestimates even his own performance let alone judging the team. SN has to be regular in the team first. He has not done anything extra-ordinary yet after his return to be a regular member in the team.
Old April 3, 2011, 10:53 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: fizz, Shakib,SS,Tamim

I will only ask u to think before u write anything. Ask Mas to prove his place in the side then we will think about making him captain or not. He is definitely not the old Mas we know and to me he is the third choice pace bowller we have at the moment. Shafiul and Rubiel should be our first choice. A captain should lead from the front and Shakib showed us this time and time again. You guys say he is young! What is the average age in our squad and who is the most aged player we have and how old is he? I am sure if u look for all this answers u will see for yourself. Stop making stupid comments and think bigger picture. Shakib is our next generation captain and we should plan for next world cup around him right now. Don't suggest that we become another Pakistan team again!! So stop all this nonscence talk please.

Last edited by freeman; April 3, 2011 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: Miss spell
Old April 3, 2011, 10:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
i would always take mash over shakib if he's fully fit
Lollers
Old April 3, 2011, 11:41 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Some people are living in the stone age and they never grow up! SN should not be the captain because he is not trustworthy because he played in the ICL!!!! I wonder what would happen if these people were in charge of the BCB. They would have procecuted Alok, Bashar, Rafique, Nafees, Dhiman and the likes simply by hanging and by burning them in fire.

Any of Mash and Shakib is fine with me. Both have the quality, if the coach does not create problems in their decision making. As long as Mash is around with full fitness, he can be a better choice and Shakib can focus on his performance. Tamim is not a captaincy material. He overestimates even his own performance let alone judging the team. SN has to be regular in the team first. He has not done anything extra-ordinary yet after his return to be a regular member in the team.

Prosecute ICL Players? Yea I definitely see ur dictatorship ideology. U related to Gaddafi, Stalin or Hitler anyway?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 3, 2011, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
But then who in the team isn't all of the above?
Old April 3, 2011, 11:47 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

There should be a settlement here. If Mash is fit, he should lead the ODI side and Shakib can lead test squad. The reason is simple,
Mashrafe is a crucial and experienced player for ODI and should lead the squad to relieve Shakib of this overwhelming pressure. On the other hand, there is really no match for Shakib in tests and I don't see Mash playing test anytime soon anyways. This should make both of them happy and end this dispute between them. Incase of Mash getting injured, Shakib should have no problem acting as a temporary captain because he is already leading the test side.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 3, 2011, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

if only Mashrafe was fit.. i'd choose him over shakib any day.. any moment...
Old April 3, 2011, 12:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Shakib al Hasan

Because,
  • Consistent performance - Only Bangladeshi cricketer who has been consistent enough since debut. Beyond him I would like Ashraful as captain but moronic inconsistent performance doesn't allow neither Ashraful nor Mashrafe.
  • Respectable & Arrogant - He has already shown his arrogance but also succeeded to achieve respectability. Unless others he shows guts for the game not for himself(hint- Tamim's economy class air ticket incident/Mash's WC).
  • Because he has a positive mindset & goal- He always wanted to lead Bangladesh team for long time that's why he denied captaincy before for a series only. He believes he can. He has the capability of serving Bangladesh cricket for 10-12 more years.
about Shahriar Nafees, He has to perform consistently. He is still out of form in international level what he used to be. Same goes for Tamim after the end of world cup

lol @ Abdur Razzak lala
Old April 3, 2011, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Wonder what people see in Mash to pick him over Shakib 'anyday'.
Old April 3, 2011, 12:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Wonder what people see in Mash to pick him over Shakib 'anyday'.
They have seen the Greatest cricketer of Bangladesh, He was and still is the hero of Bangladesh. Shakib just came into the frame recently from 2007, but Mashrafi was already a legend back then. injury has stoped him from showing you guys who is the best shakib or mashrafi, this is why u say shakib is best. you guys have grown up by seeing shakib, i have grown up seeing mashrafi.
Old April 3, 2011, 12:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
prosecute icl players? Yea i definitely see ur dictatorship ideology. U related to gaddafi, stalin or hitler anyway?

posted via bc mobile edition
Old April 3, 2011, 12:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib 420
you guys have grown up by seeing shakib, i have grown up seeing mashrafi.
But then also I have grown up almost along with Sachin, watching Waqar, Ambrose, Lara, Aqib, McGrath, Warne and so on.

There are few reasons why Mash's captaincy is a necessity. It is not only performance.
Old April 3, 2011, 12:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
:d ..
Few fans are really pathetic, like the one who directly accused Mash for demolishing team chemistry right before world cup and opened a thread on that. Almost six years in BC and still cannot get stop bemused by certain knee-jerks.

"Bangalee koreche vagwan re --- "
Old April 3, 2011, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
They have seen the Greatest cricketer of Bangladesh, He was and still is the hero of Bangladesh. Shakib just came into the frame recently from 2007, but Mashrafi was already a legend back then. injury has stoped him from showing you guys who is the best shakib or mashrafi, this is why u say shakib is best. you guys have grown up by seeing shakib, i have grown up seeing mashrafi.
Oh really? Not that any of these really has got to do anything with captaincy in first place. But still.

Aamer could've been next Akram or Bond could've been better than steyn for all we know. But those are just mere speculations aren't they? And Shakib has done enough to place him higher than Mashrafe. It's not his fault he wasn't born back then is it? Shakib has won you the first test series, and 2 odi series against 2 test playing nations. He's by far the best test bowler, and has topped the ODI allrounder rankings for ages which no other BD player could dream about. He's also the best ODI batsman by far.
Old April 3, 2011, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Oh really? Not that any of these really has got to do anything with captaincy in first place. But still.

Aamer could've been next Akram or Bond could've been better than steyn for all we know. But those are just mere speculations aren't they? And Shakib has done enough to place him higher than Mashrafe. It's not his fault he wasn't born back then is it? Shakib has won you the first test series, and 2 odi series against 2 test playing nations. He's by far the best test bowler, and has topped the ODI allrounder rankings for ages which no other BD player could dream about. He's also the best ODI batsman by far.
when mashrafe was in from did u know he was ranked above Zaheer Khan of India, The strike bowler!!! Zaheer is for india, Mashrafe for Bangladesh!!! Mashrafi played 118 ODI taking 146 wickets, Shakib played 108 ODI and has taken 137 wickets. so its interesting that they both might be playing togerther again. let the contest begin
Shakib is the best all rounder i agree, and he should focus on that and mashrafe being captain will ease any pressure he has.
Old April 3, 2011, 12:56 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Mashrafee is great...the best fast-bowler we have produced so far. But legend?? We make legend out of our players too easily. We have really set the bar too low.