facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old September 19, 2012, 09:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Does anybody know- what is the process, approximate time and the cost to send a dead body from the USA (Connecticut) to Bangladesh?

Hi folks!

Does anybody know- what is the process, approximate time, the cost and possible hassles to send a dead body from the USA (Connecticut) to Bangladesh?

Thanks

Old September 19, 2012, 09:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Old September 19, 2012, 10:07 PM
Cricket Savant

My request to mods would be to migrate to FC. Because of hidden features from unregistered users, many who may have answer may not be able to see it.

@dash Sorry I couldn't be of any help. And I am sorry to hear about the loss of person whom you speak of.
Old September 19, 2012, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
Hi folks!

Does anybody know- what is the process, approximate time, the cost and possible hassles to send a dead body from the USA (Connecticut) to Bangladesh?

Thanks
Call the Embassy. Or the NY Consular office. It is one of their duties.

http://www.mofa.gov.bd/index.php?opt...119&Itemid=123

Quote:
Miscellaneous Service of Consular Wing :

A. Bringing back the dead bodies:

If any Bangladeshi national dies in abroad to bring back the dead body in Bangladesh, or do the burial according to the will of deceased person's relatives/legal guardians Ministry of Expatriate Welfare and Overseas Employment and / or the Bureau of Manpower Export and Training takes necessary measures in coordination with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In that case the relatives or legal guardians of the deceased person need to submit an application to the Ministry of EW&OE/ BMET with a copy to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs along with the following information:

- Bangladeshi citizenship certificate

- Photocopy of the passport (first five pages)/Photocopy of travel permit

- Employment related documents (such as, employment place along with the name, address, contact details and other relevant information).

After receiving the application having the above mentioned information generally the MEW&OE/ BMET send the application to the concerned Bangladesh Embassy/ High Commission immediately. Once the dead body is returned back other necessary functions are conducted by the Bureau of Manpower Export and Training (89/2 Kakrail, Dhaka, Phone: 9339705/01819262173/ 9349925/ 9350848, fax: 8319948). Director (welfare), BMET may be contacted in this regard.

On the other hand, if any close relative/ well-wisher who have been living in the place where the person dies, please contact with nearest Bangladeshi High Commission/ Embassy, the Mission extends complete cooperation in bringing back the dead body.

N.B: For bringing back the dead body BMET plays the major role while MOFA provides all-out cooperation with the help of the Embassy/ High Commission.
While the service is more focused on expat workers, I'm sure they have the knowledge and information to help you.
Old September 19, 2012, 11:07 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Yes, get in touch with the NY Consulate. They'll help send the body back to BD in terms of arranging logistics, writing letters to the necessary authorities, etc. I've seen BD Consulates and Embassies doing this even when a BD passenger dies in transit.

However, you should note that the Consulate or Embassy will not pay for the air transfer of the body - that is the responsibility of the deceased's relatives/friends etc.
Old September 20, 2012, 10:55 PM

Dash, I am very sorry to read of your loss.

For future reference, I wanted to put it out as well that: Often times, university student associations have group insurance policies relating to medical expenses and other needs. I remember my U of T Students association insurance policy also had coffin transportation and funeral coverage up to $2000.

Please get in touch with the Graduate Students Association or the Students Association/ Student Affairs office if you can. It will ease the financial burden at a time of such loss.

Also, please contact the local mosque for assistance regarding help with janaza and preparation of coffin for transport. Many mosques in North America can refer you to appropriate undertakers who will work on their reference.
Old September 21, 2012, 02:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Thanks everyone it's sorted