facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 12, 2008, 01:38 AM
Cricket Legend

A whitewash might bring us back on earth!

Old March 12, 2008, 05:01 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Collingwood

what are the dates of these fixtures? does any one know?
Old March 12, 2008, 02:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Thats good.

We should play against teams like Pakistan, West Indies more often.

They are now weaker than the other top teams.
Old March 13, 2008, 02:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

we r minnows

it is the performance that count
Old March 14, 2008, 12:44 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Collingwood

Dates?
Old March 14, 2008, 01:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Its umpiring at the early stage of the game. If we get lucky to achieve decent umpiring we can always put up a fight.
Old March 14, 2008, 01:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports_fan_bd
Thanks Aussie for cancelling the PAK tour!!
now let them pull out from the CHAMPIONS' TROPHY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 14, 2008, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

why does bangladesh hv to play when the rest can back out?????? i mean....isn't there like any value for our players.........they might not be too good a team.....but atleast they can play....and i feel the life of every person in this world id important to someone or the other..............so why not our players???????? australia can back out for the series.........so why on earth does bd have to go ahead and play????????? if anything happens to our players..............i'm going to fly over to pakistan..........and kill every member in the pcb...........but if something happens to ash........i might reconsider.......if its ash..i'll fly over to pak, bash up the pcb instead of killikng them.....and especially if something happens to them......i'm not only going to kill the pcb but i'll make sure each of them receive totally brutal treatments

oh what the heck..........like i'll ever be able to do all tht.....but if something does happen to mash..........the pcb are seriously dead!!
Old March 14, 2008, 01:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikfreak
why does bangladesh hv to play when the rest can back out?????? i mean....isn't there like any value for our players.........they might not be too good a team.....but atleast they can play....and i feel the life of every person in this world id important to someone or the other..............so why not our players???????? australia can back out for the series.........so why on earth does bd have to go ahead and play????????? if anything happens to our players..............i'm going to fly over to pakistan..........and kill every member in the pcb...........but if something happens to ash........i might reconsider.......if its ash..i'll fly over to pak, bash up the pcb instead of killikng them.....and especially if something happens to them......i'm not only going to kill the pcb but i'll make sure each of them receive totally brutal treatments

oh what the heck..........like i'll ever be able to do all tht.....but if something does happen to mash..........the pcb are seriously dead!!
you are using way too many dots. its really hard to read

Last edited by Sovik; March 14, 2008 at 04:37 PM..
Old March 14, 2008, 05:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikfreak

It is more of a political issue, but basically the Aus cricket team is more likely to be a target, as they are a 'western' country and so our bd team will not be a target to any terrorist organization as killing Ash or Mash will not achieve anything for them. But the Aus team would make headlines worldwide, even USA.
Old March 14, 2008, 05:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

May be pak wants to increase their ranking by winning 5 ODI against us. Hope oder bara bhate chai dite pare amader team. possible but not feeling so confident, given the condition of our team.
Old March 14, 2008, 06:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
May be pak wants to increase their ranking by winning 5 ODI against us.
I don't think PCB or Pakistani cricketers are immature enough to care so much about ICC ranking. Pakistan would have preferred to play against a stronger side, but had to settle for Bangladesh as no other team is available.

Playing against Bangladesh is better than not playing at all. Regardless how poorly Bangladesh plays, PCB will still make money from tv rights and their players will be paid standard ODI match fees.
Old March 15, 2008, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Does anyone have the official dates...CricInfo te khuje pailam na
Old March 15, 2008, 11:22 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: 6+4=10 Dulkar

PCB will soon announce the date as they are in talk with BCB.
I was watching Boyshaki yesterday they mention the Series and Bangladesh have agreed to play there.

Ten sports has the right for Pakistan cricket. they were originally schedule for Aussi Tour due to its cancellation this coming series will be broadcasted by them

PCB is trying to arrenge the series before IPLbecause major players will be participated there.
Old March 15, 2008, 11:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Bangladesh will leave Dhaka in the first week of April.
Old March 16, 2008, 05:30 PM
Cricket Legend

PCB is planning to give chances to some youngsters:

Pakistan to try out youngsters
Cricinfo
Pakistan will try out youngsters for the five one-dayers against Bangladesh next month at home. But though some new players will be given a chance, chief selector Salahuddin Ahmed said Pakistan would not take Bangladesh lightly.
‘They can be a dangerous team on their day,’ Salahuddin told the News, a Pakistan daily. ‘For us the most important task would be to win the series and win comfortably.’
After Australia decided to postpone their tour of Pakistan, the PCB searched for a team to replace them for a five-match ODI series. The PCB was keen on India to play the matches but the BCCI could not fit another series in to an already jam-packed itinerary.
In their recent ODIs against Zimbabwe, Pakistan tried out opener Nasir Jamshed, bowlers Abdur Rauf, Junaid Zia, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz, Khurram Manzoor and Khalid Latif. They also played wicketkeeper Sarfraz Ahmed for the last two games in place of regular keeper Kamran Akmal.
But Salahuddin said Pakistan would not take any chances in playing Bangladesh. ‘Bangladesh proved they are a good one-day side by reaching the last-eight in the World Cup,’ he said. Bangladesh beat India and South Africa in the tournament while Pakistan, along with India, made an exit in the first round.
The Pakistan selectors will meet members of the junior national selection committee on March 21 for advice on the young talent available in the country and announce the squad by the end of the month.

Source: New Age
Old March 17, 2008, 10:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Yes, this is a chance for them to try out their youngsters against BD and also they are hoping for wins, so they can climb back to NO 6 position in the ODI table, so BD is much easier pickings than Australia.They easily beat Zimbabwe and hoping for the same wins again.

I only hope that BD players is aware of this and give them a good fight and win matches.
I hope BD does not drop Rasel here, and IMO should have Rahim in the squad.
Old March 17, 2008, 09:15 PM
Cricket Guru

"According to the unofficial itinerary, the opening match of the series will be played on April 9 in Lahore which will also host the second one-dayer on April 11.

The rest of the ODIs will be played on April 14 (Faisalabad) and April 17 and 20 (Rawalpindi). Karachi will host the only T20 match on April 22. It will be the first Twenty20 International to be held in Pakistani soil."

http://www.thenews.com.pk/print1.asp?id=101840