facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old December 2, 2012, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
It's easy to say when you're not the holders of one!! .

The t20 cup sits nicely alongside our 50 over and champions trophies thank you very much, we're proud of our collection!! .
In the same way its easy to say "this ODI series is not important" when you are 2-0 down

Old December 2, 2012, 02:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
In the same way its easy to say "this ODI series is not important" when you are 2-0 down
It is when you've just swept a test series 2-0!! .
Old December 2, 2012, 02:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

The t20 cup sits nicely alongside our 50 over and champions trophies thank you very much, we're proud of our collection!! .
LOL exactly. Your collection includes ODI as well, which means nothing according to your earlier post.
Old December 2, 2012, 02:18 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
LOL exactly. Your collection includes ODI as well, which means nothing according to your earlier post.
A world cup obviously means something, do you really think if todays game was a world cup match we would be playing this badly? of course not, it was only two years ago when we took out the tigers for 50 odd runs, and that was a world cup match.
Old December 2, 2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:

Well, T20 is here to stay. And mighty West Indies is the champ. I have congratulated your team before and congrats again.
Old December 2, 2012, 02:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
A world cup obviously means something, do you really think if todays game was a world cup match we would be playing this badly? of course not, it was only two years ago when we took out the tigers for 50 odd runs, and that was a world cup match.
Sure a World Cup is a World Cup...and winning against the cup winners .... even more pleasant.......the bigger you make yourself happier we feel...
Old December 2, 2012, 02:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Well, T20 is here to stay. And mighty West Indies is the champ. I have congratulated your team before and congrats again.
Thank you!!, i'm glad someone respects our achievement!! .
Old December 2, 2012, 02:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Sure a World Cup is a World Cup...and winning against the cup winners .... even more pleasant.......the bigger you make yourself happier we feel...
Unless it's a test match of course..
Old December 2, 2012, 02:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

The ideal Bangladesh ODI team in Asian conditions:

01.Tamim
02.Anamul
03.Mominul
04.Shakib
05.Nasir
06.Rahim
07.Mahmudullah
08.Mortaza
09.Gazi
10.Razzak
11.Rubel

Not only the average age of this squad is 24 but our fielding will just improve naturally considering we have so many young energetic bloods. In away seaming swinging conditions, you may need to add a possible third fast bowler in place of one of our spinners. We have Nazmul, Abul, Shafiul etc to fill that role so Bangladesh are really doing the business now finally!
Old December 2, 2012, 03:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Unless it's a test match of course..
You didn't have any trophy there, so we weren't inspired enough ...
Old December 2, 2012, 06:15 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

That guy puts the other few WI fans in this forum in shame. It's lot easier to just accept the defeats. First we aren't beating the best XI, now ODI series don't even matter. Nice attitude. No wonder they haven't won anything important since the heydays...

Sammy and Co. didn't realize that our ODI team is lot better than the Test team. We're 10x stronger ODI team at home. They didn't know that, their fans still don't get it and now they are paying for it. We only lost 2 ODIs this year. Hope that helps.
Old December 2, 2012, 07:10 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

BBC haven't even acknowledged our wins on their page. What arrogance.
Old December 2, 2012, 11:24 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
I'd take a 2-0 test win and an ODI beating everyday of the week tbh, because tests is what i care most about, winning an odi series against a higher ranked side is nothing, we beat nz easily recently, the happiness lasted a day and we moved on, there are key players missing from the current team, if we lose like this when they return then that will be something to be concerned about, but not yet.
lol maan stop making excuse, We are missing our Sir Don Bradman,Sir Muralidharan, Sir jonty rodes Put together..this BD team is 50% of its original strength..WI is my 2nd team and you are making it really hard to support them again
Old December 3, 2012, 12:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
BBC haven't even acknowledged our wins on their page. What arrogance.
I guess that sums up what i've been saying, outside the home fans no-one really cares, the response from the WI fans has been one of disgust but many also see this as a chance to remove Sammy, tbh i'd happily accept defeat if it means he'd be replaced as captain, because that would only help us improve in the long term.
Old December 3, 2012, 12:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
lol maan stop making excuse, We are missing our Sir Don Bradman,Sir Muralidharan, Sir jonty rodes Put together..this BD team is 50% of its original strength..WI is my 2nd team and you are making it really hard to support them again
Ramdin, Dwayne Bravo and Johnson Charles are missing, thats just a fact, i've said well done for the win, so lets not act like i've been totally negative here.
Old December 3, 2012, 12:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Hi Windies Fan, i think you should be mad at the selectors for their team selections... there are playing all these bit & pieces players when genuine batsman (powell, poor chanderpaul ) and bowlers (fidel edwards, tino best, permaul) are sitting out. It's a shame
Old December 3, 2012, 01:00 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Ramdin, Dwayne Bravo and Johnson Charles are missing, thats just a fact, i've said well done for the win, so lets not act like i've been totally negative here.
Shakib AL Hasan missing thats also fact not fiction
Old December 3, 2012, 03:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

This WindieFun sounds like pre ganguly era indian fans. They used to cheer because Sachin made 100 but team were losing. If they could manage to beat anyone then they were world beater.
Old December 3, 2012, 04:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
Hi Windies Fan, i think you should be mad at the selectors for their team selections... there are playing all these bit & pieces players when genuine batsman (powell, poor chanderpaul ) and bowlers (fidel edwards, tino best, permaul) are sitting out. It's a shame
Hello, yes it is a shame, i think the selectors say "oh we've got a brilliant t20 team so lets just make the majority of it play for the ODI side aswell" and thats whats hurting us, i mean in the side now only three of our test batting line up our playing in this odi series (Gayle, Bravo and Samuels), the rest are alrounders, so if those batters fail we end up being under pressure and thats why we're not scoring runs, i think Bangladesh have got about seven of the side that played in the tests, and it will be eight when Shakib returns.
Old December 3, 2012, 04:51 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Quote:
I didn't moan, someone claimed "we're beating the wi full strength team" but the fact is you aren't, and i just corrected that false notion.
WindieFan can you state who the 'full strength' team would be, I'd like to know, as I can't see many getting in to this team.
Old December 3, 2012, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Dude stop making excuse's your team is just not good enough in ODI to beat our team that's why we are already leading 2-0
Old December 3, 2012, 09:10 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaL-PurusH
This WindieFun sounds like pre ganguly era indian fans. They used to cheer because Sachin made 100 but team were losing. If they could manage to beat anyone then they were world beater.
Oh the irony! Replace the names w/ Bangle names and see I'd it sounds familiar ...
Old December 3, 2012, 09:17 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
Dude stop making excuse's your team is just not good enough in ODI to beat our team that's why we are already leading 2-0
now thats a bold statement bhaa!..dont skip to his level

@windiesfan: Shakib wont play in this series..he is ruled out..and yes..just like you we are also not pleased with our team selection, Fans are never pleased with the selection..deal with it and go on