facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 27, 2008, 11:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar
Default shahadat's skill?

i need some one to explain what is he good for? i have watched so many games but yet to be impressed by him. it looks like he doesn't have speed, skill and bowls a lot of short deliveries......... please correct me if i am wrong

Old November 27, 2008, 11:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

and selectors say he is a very attacking bowling........... just because he looks or charged down the wicket and look at batsman does that make him an attacking bowler?
Old November 27, 2008, 11:22 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

It's the grunt. That's what makes him an attacking bowler in the minds of our distinguished selectors. And oh, he did take five wickets once. Selectors forget regular bad performances but they never forget the EID er chand performances. one 5 wicket haul or one 50 or 100 gets imprinted on their mind and soul for 2/3 years.
Old November 27, 2008, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
It's the grunt. That's what makes him an attacking bowler in the minds of our distinguished selectors. And oh, he did take five wickets once. Selectors forget regular bad performances but they never forget the EID er chand performances. one 5 wicket haul or one 50 or 100 gets imprinted on their mind and soul for 2/3 years.
True said.
Old November 27, 2008, 11:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

It's just because Mash & Rasel are often injured.
But Shahadat is always physically fit.
I hope he gets replaced by Robin soon & Rasel gets fit.
Old November 27, 2008, 11:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

he's taken 5 wickets twice. and coming into this series had a SR which no other bangladeshi bowler even dreams about.

he's had a bad patch for sure, but he's bowled some good deliveries judging from CI commentary. when he took 12 wickets at 17 apiece and mash had none, no one questioned mash's skill. including robin who's been the most impressive pacer this series, the other pacers have just 5 wickets between them this series. both mash and rajib have underperformed. but they have both produced good balls. and it takes just a good ball to get a wicket. so i would blame luck.

better luck next time.

the bigger question is why is ashraful hogging a batting spot, and as some have alleged, why did he use a defensive strategy after SA were 134-5???

don't blame the bowlers, if in fact its true, ash didn't back them up with runs or with brains.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 27, 2008, 01:44 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

i dont want shahadat in the team.......really dont want him
Old November 27, 2008, 02:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

well maybe he has done some against some low level country but i have never seen him do anything that will at least tell me that ohhh he just being unlucky by not picking up wickets but that guy bowls short bowls one after another and strike rate lol r u kidding me.......... he is not ready for internatinoal cricket for sure
Old November 27, 2008, 02:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Because he reminds someone like:

Old November 27, 2008, 03:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpride04
well maybe he has done some against some low level country but i have never seen him do anything that will at least tell me that ohhh he just being unlucky by not picking up wickets but that guy bowls short bowls one after another and strike rate lol r u kidding me.......... he is not ready for internatinoal cricket for sure
he has an impressive test record by bd standards
nd its is not against lower level teams he took lot of wickets in the last sa series nd also has some good bowling record agains srilanka
Old November 27, 2008, 03:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpride04
umm do you not remember what he did against SA in BD? Oh wait, the match was probably past your bed time (:
Old November 27, 2008, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
he's taken 5 wickets twice. and coming into this series had a SR which no other bangladeshi bowler even dreams about.

he's had a bad patch for sure, but he's bowled some good deliveries judging from CI commentary. when he took 12 wickets at 17 apiece and mash had none, no one questioned mash's skill. including robin who's been the most impressive pacer this series, the other pacers have just 5 wickets between them this series. both mash and rajib have underperformed. but they have both produced good balls. and it takes just a good ball to get a wicket. so i would blame luck.

better luck next time.

the bigger question is why is ashraful hogging a batting spot, and as some have alleged, why did he use a defensive strategy after SA were 134-5???

don't blame the bowlers, if in fact its true, ash didn't back them up with runs or with brains.
Thank you.

that pesky short term memory issues we keep having.....
Old November 27, 2008, 03:52 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

better luck next time.

but at least Mashrafe usually does well in ODI on regular interval. Whereas Shadaat seems to be useless in both format of the game.
Old November 27, 2008, 05:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

I think Rajib was once considered as the best fast bowling prospect in BD and I still believe in it. He has the right body frame and height (wide shoulders and 6'3). He has stamina in abundance and he is a real team player. He will run down and bowl delivery after delivery if the team needs him to. What he lacks is proper guidance which is the lack of a pace academy in Bangladesh. However working with Champaka will obviously reap benefits. He needs to work and slightly remodel his action to make better use of his height and also to improve his line and length. He has natural pace and can easily bowl at speeds in excess of 140+ but he is trying to improve his length by cutting down on pace. I can understand that we are all frustrated because of our results but I am sure given two more years under Champaka, he can turn out to be a real threat along with Rubel, Robin, Shubashish, Sajidul and lets not forget Mashrafe.
Old November 27, 2008, 05:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: 6+4=10 Dulkar

now a days shahadat's skill is his long runup, so that he can show some style.
kuno kamer na.......
Old November 27, 2008, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

In other news, I saw that

1) Shakib Al Hasan now has the best bowling average for Bangladesh.
2) Abdur Razzak's is nearly 81, and he is bettered by:

Mohammad Ashraful (67 ish)
Tapash Baisya
Naeem Islam
Syed Rasel
Mehrab Jnr
AFTAB! WTF?
Mahbabul, but he's new. He has the potential to get 100 wickets.
Old November 27, 2008, 05:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

everything is there except one thing: PACE, in test cricket at least one guy who can clock 135+KMPH consistently is a dangerous threat,(the red ball is heavier than the white ball)

the bounce was lacking too

he has lost is pace, if he regains it, i think he will get more wickets
Old November 27, 2008, 05:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangla-red

Tapash Baisya
Naeem Islam
Syed Rasel
Mehrab Jnr
AFTAB! WTF?
i am afraid Shahadat looks terrible without that 6/27 as well..and Shakib has only started taking wickets consistently recently remember his average started in the 100s so i think Razzak can only do beter(with both bat and ball)
Old November 27, 2008, 05:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion
I think Rajib was once considered as the best fast bowling prospect in BD and I still believe in it. He has the right body frame and height (wide shoulders and 6'3). He has stamina in abundance and he is a real team player. He will run down and bowl delivery after delivery if the team needs him to. What he lacks is proper guidance which is the lack of a pace academy in Bangladesh. However working with Champaka will obviously reap benefits. He needs to work and slightly remodel his action to make better use of his height and also to improve his line and length. He has natural pace and can easily bowl at speeds in excess of 140+ but he is trying to improve his length by cutting down on pace. I can understand that we are all frustrated because of our results but I am sure given two more years under Champaka, he can turn out to be a real threat along with Rubel, Robin, Shubashish, Sajidul and lets not forget Mashrafe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangla-red

Tapash Baisya
Naeem Islam
Syed Rasel
Mehrab Jnr
AFTAB! WTF?
wow then why not giving ash two more years.... i mean come on he has the potention and the most talented player in bd team right, my point is till he is ready keep him out of the team, him and ash needs to go, we dont need soo talented player, who shines once in a blue moon
Old November 27, 2008, 07:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Shahadat got a hattrick and 5-wicket haul.
Old November 27, 2008, 08:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

isnt he considered the best test pace bowler.even his peformance in the practice match was the best.
Old November 27, 2008, 08:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Oh he does have the skill, its the brain that he needs so disparately.
Old November 27, 2008, 09:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i reckon maybe give him a rest, he shouldn't be in the ODI team regardless but i reckon some time off from internationl cricket might benefit him. but the thing is there isn't anyone who's been tried who says pick me pick me pick me over any of the current test pacers, our next best options are rasel and sajidul and neither have been that impressive in the few tests they've played (though sajidul especially sounds to be a very good prospect for BD). pacers like subashis and rubel should be given more time to develop before playing test cricket though i think in a year or so if they play enough cricket they might be developed enough to play some international cricket.

shahadat is still one of the best BD has to offer, not sure he's doing any worse than anyone else who'd be taking his place though, but there are definitely things he needs to work on and he hasn't seemed to be able to fix them whilst playing international cricket so maybe some time off international cricket could help him become a better bowler.
Old November 27, 2008, 09:16 PM
Cricket Legend

I watched the game and I saw him bowling pretty good this morning. He bowled in good spots. But in the last session he really didn't bowl w/ his heart. Very lackluster effort. I think he is mentally little bit down as he cudn't open the bowling. That's my opinion tho. Hope he does better tomorrow and get some wks.
Old November 27, 2008, 09:19 PM
Cricket Sage

with robin into the scene now the competition gets tougher...he needs to regain sum of that pace back and also use his head when bowling...