facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 21, 2005, 01:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Default is there any hope?

Dav Watmore said that although there will be ups and downs along the way, his aim was for the general "performance graph" of the bangladesh team to go up. Ever since the west indies tour in June 2004, i've seen minimal improvement in our test performance. Tests against NZ, India, and England have only given the team morsels of hope. The thing is, our batting has never really clicked. Put another way, no batsmen has ever really clicked. Sure, ash got 158 and iqbal get 100. But thats it? In 16 test innings for our team, only two batsmen have managed to score centuries! What does this tell u about the ability of our batsmen to stay at the crease?

I think its better to be blunt than subtle here. The perfomance graph is NOT going up with regard to test cricket. Our batsmen are not improving (our bowlers are). We cannot possibly hope to take a match into the 4th day with this kind of batting. Whatever dav is trying is not working at all. I reckon our one day victories have clouded our perception about our abilities in the test match arena.

What the heck. We're here to stay. Might as well support the boys and hope there's enough one-day success to make up for our test performances....which will inevitably be dismal to the say the least.

Old September 21, 2005, 02:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

I think, BD plays better in tests than in ODIs.
Old September 21, 2005, 02:41 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Edited on, September 21, 2005, 7:42 AM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Reason: post deleted
Old September 21, 2005, 03:14 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

Man..looks like a wicket festival here..I cannot even take a bathroom break!

Hope? yeah yeah.. I hope this is the last time BD plays test match
Old September 21, 2005, 05:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

IMHO BD should do the honourable thing and remove herself from test arena for a couple of years. There is no shame in that decision. BD needs the time out to evaluate the domestic cricket structure, send players to play lots of first class cricket and find a good captain/coach etc. There can be no benefit from this constant humiliation.
Old September 21, 2005, 05:26 AM
Cricket Guru

i told earlier, I will tell again. I knew that they won't last even 50 overs. They don't have temperment to play test cricket because they are not test standards. These players don't work hard enough or have common sense playing test cricket.
Old September 21, 2005, 05:38 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Baundule
WEN WAS THE LAST TIME U HAD A MENTAL CHECKUP?
Old September 21, 2005, 07:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

aah they're not ready for test cricket, the game is all bout patients and BD team dont have any pateients.

When the question comes again bout our test status?

how do you defend it with thier recent test cricket result. you cant.
Old September 21, 2005, 07:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

it will build up by time and experience and infrastructure. unfortunately, we are still at infancy compared to others. you can debate that this was too early. well! it's a start, a journey. its better to risky few times. but they have to learn very quickly to save the people from humiliation worldwide.
Old September 21, 2005, 07:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

i think that there is still hope. we will have a very strong side that can really fight with any team. with the following players:

1) nafees iqbal
2) javed omar
3) shariar nafees
4) habibul bashar
5) ashraful
6) aftab ahmed
7) khaled mashud
8) manjarul islam rana
9) rafique
10) sayed rasel
11)mashrafee

12th player : shahadat hossain/ enamul haque
( acccording to the condition)
Old September 21, 2005, 08:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by SS
i told earlier, I will tell again. I knew that they won't last even 50 overs. They don't have temperment to play test cricket because they are not test standards. These players don't work hard enough or have common sense playing test cricket.
agreed. bd batsmen are not hard working enough. and that is the reason for their lack of capability.
Old September 21, 2005, 08:18 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by naheyan
Quote:
Originally posted by Baundule
WEN WAS THE LAST TIME U HAD A MENTAL CHECKUP?
If you think about number of individual successes, then he's not wrong.
Old September 21, 2005, 08:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by nannu
we will have a very strong side that can really fight with any team.
For a session at most but not for a day! As some have mentioned our player don't work hard, I have no results to rebut that. I pray and hope they work hard. That is the only way of getting better.
Old September 21, 2005, 09:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Why not? BD team team will always be full of hope and very few acomplishment as long as we give too much weight on talent and little weight on performance when selecting our national team.
Old September 21, 2005, 09:55 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Its not the players fault. They all showed talents to play tests and made it here. But BCB failed to give them chance to practice longer version before going in to tests. There needs to be around 3 first class tournament that all national players play each year. Once that is acheived, you will see these same players playing real test cricket.
Old September 21, 2005, 12:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

You are right Mahmood. The problem is not with the players' skills, rather how well it is practiced when they are playing first class domestic cricket. At the moment even if there was a good domestic structure, unfortunately due to BD's international commitments, the national players may not get enough time to learn from domestic cricket and apply in test matches. The fact that most of the BD players are youngsters also means that BCB must keep training an additional pool of players who play FC macthes at home and overseas throughout the year. Maybe then in a few years time we will hae a good mix of talented/experienced players in the national team.
Old September 21, 2005, 01:11 PM
First Class Cricketer

I know many will jump on me for saying this , but last night I was trying to see Bangladesh from non-Bangladeshi’s eyes and when I see Tiger’s batting from Non-Bangladeshi’s perspectives, then they truly don’t deserve the test Status. I kid you not, if it was any other team batting like our boys last 5 years , you and I would be screaming to take their statues away.
Old September 21, 2005, 02:59 PM
Test Cricketer

WARNING!

Do not look for silver linings in this series! It will only blind you from the truth, that our team are completely incompetent in the test arena! I'm sick and tired of focusing on silver linings. From now on, either our team does good, or bad, simple as that. Morsels are worth nothing. Nafees 51 means nothing to me. All I see is him and many other batsmen getting 20-odd, settling themselves, and then playing stupidly to get out. All I see is batsmen failing to get centuries. And not only that, but big big centuries. I don't see the glass half full, I see it COMPLETELY empty.