facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 26, 2010, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Final XI

This is what Cricinfo is predicting:

Bangladesh 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Imrul Kayes, 3 Junaid Siddique, 4 Jahurul Islam, 5 Mohammad Ashraful, 6 Shakib Al Hasan (capt), 7 Mahmudullah, 8 Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), 9 Rubiul Islam, 10 Rubel Hossain, 11 Shahadat Hossain .

What do people see in Imrul, I wonder ? 11 test matches, an average of 13 and can't play the short ball. Other than that, he is OK.

Who will I take in his place ? Shafiul - because he will score more runs !!!

Old May 26, 2010, 10:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

He is a disaster waiting to happen. I don't have him in my team. Also, I have Shafi in my team. I said it just a while ago in the other thread, but will say it again here.

1 Tamim 2 Zunaid 3 Ash 4 Jahurul 5 Riyad 6 Rahim 7 Sakib 8 Naeem 9 Shafi 10 Rubel 11 Robiul.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:05 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Thats the only prediction XI by crapinfo......they always gets it wrong....
Old May 26, 2010, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
He is a disaster waiting to happen. I don't have him in my team. Also, I have Shafi in my team. I said it just a while ago in the other thread, but will say it again here.

1 Tamim 2 Zunaid 3 Ash 4 Jahurul 5 Riyad 6 Rahim 7 Sakib 8 Naeem 9 Shafi 10 Rubel 11 Robiul.

That would be my exact team. Shahadat "75 mph" Grunter Hossain also has to go. At least, Rasel never sprayed the ball !
Old May 26, 2010, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Maybe Siddons has seen something in Imrul that I have not seen. His perseverence with Junaid, after all, was justified. It could be that 100 he scored in the ODI in NZ. JS probably reckons any Bangladeshi who has scored an international century is worth persevering with. Let us hope I am wrong ! Also, Ash doesn't hit straight into Cover's stomach after scoring three magnificent boundaries. Some hope, though !!
Old May 26, 2010, 10:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Yea..but Imtiaz bhai, don't be surprised if you wake up next morning and see the following three in the team, despite what you and I are thinking.

Imrul, Rajib and Raj. Think tank will come up with something weird. I bet you that.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Thats the only prediction XI by crapinfo......they always gets it wrong....
and specially in the first match of a series.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:14 AM
Cricket Savant

anyway BD may declare their team in around 3-4 hours from now.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiazk
Maybe Siddons has seen something in Imrul that I have not seen. His perseverence with Junaid, after all, was justified. It could be that 100 he scored in the ODI in NZ. JS probably reckons any Bangladeshi who has scored an international century is worth persevering with. Let us hope I am wrong ! Also, Ash doesn't hit straight into Cover's stomach after scoring three magnificent boundaries. Some hope, though !!
I haven't seen anything in him. Nothing. Your fears are mine as well regarding Ash. His recent dismissals are all similar in nature. Caught at short cover, or edged to second slip. They will bowl in a channel to test him and more often lately, he has succumbed. I am praying that some of his miscues will fall in empty land. Lately, I haven't seen him pull or hook. He used to be great at it. Maybe, the repeated failures has made him more circumspect. But, presumably with a strong off side field deployed for him, he should pull more if the opportunity presented itself.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

so it will be Ash's comeback test. Imrul is ok compared with Ash.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:24 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, SN, Tamim

Imruler bodole Razzaqke dile aro bhalo batting korto, baikka holeu bowling korto
Old May 26, 2010, 10:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I haven't seen anything in him. Nothing. Your fears are mine as well regarding Ash. His recent dismissals are all similar in nature. Caught at short cover, or edged to second slip. They will bowl in a channel to test him and more often lately, he has succumbed. I am praying that some of his miscues will fall in empty land. Lately, I haven't seen him pull or hook. He used to be great at it. Maybe, the repeated failures has made him more circumspect. But, presumably with a strong off side field deployed for him, he should pull more if the opportunity presented itself.
plus ashraful is reverting back to his old Own style of batting, no more following the back lift theory of siddons
Old May 26, 2010, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

The only thing wrong about Ashraful's batting is that he gets carried away. If he hits two boundaries, you can bet he will go for the third straightaway regardless of the ball. To some extent Tamim is similar except Tamim chooses his shots slightly better.

Ashraful is an excellent puller. However, when bowlers deliberately bowl short and wide of the off stump - he cannot contain himself - and is more than likely to drag the ball on the leg side and a skier inevitably results. Worse, he would possibly try that horrendous upper-cut to thirdman which is fine in T20 but not in tests. He needs to learn to leave such balls alone. The game is five days long...

But we can live in hope and until 11am tomorrow we are equal. We have a holiday here on Monday. I have booked holidays for tomorrow and Friday.

Weather is set for light rain showers tomorrow - 18degC. Friday is good and sunny though only 19degC. Saturday is light rain again. Who knows, if we bat sensibly and Jahurul showed some application - we might just sneak away with a draw ? Am I asking for too much ?

Last edited by Imtiazk; May 26, 2010 at 11:42 AM..
Old May 26, 2010, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:

And Shafi can bat. He has demonstrated it handily. He can hit them clean and high also. His test average is 18+, compared to Imrul's. Also, Ash needs to be pushed down the order, so our real test batsmen such as Mushy & Riyad can play a bit....
Old May 26, 2010, 11:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Full agreement. Its all the mental aspect with Ashraful. You could just tell when he is about to fall, like the scenario you just mentioned- two glorious shots, and the inevitable urge to dominate irrespective of the next delivery. As with any batsmen in tests, he must resist the urge to chase stuff outside off. If you leave enough, bowlers get frustrated and they will try to work you by bowling on stumps, mixed with short deliveries. One weakness Ash has is he never drives the ball down the ground past the bowler ( midon-off region ), which is a much safer route than constantly driving past cover. He should look to drive down more when balls are on stumps, or if it strays to middle , he should look to whip it past midwkt. If its shorter on stumps, he should look to pull. I have general sense watching him bat lately that his range has dissappeared a bit. He is very much into cover drives and cuts, and too much into those awful one day scoop shots. He should expand his range again, with proper cricket shots, but it all begins with curbing his enthusiasm from chasing deliveries outside off. Sooner or later, bowlers will allow him to hit all around the park. Bit of patience is what he needs. Also, our whole team stinks at rotating strikes. Ones and twos are still legal.
Old May 26, 2010, 11:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Billah bhai

I am very much against protecting Ash. He is senior and should face the music. I will not send Jahurul or Riyad before him under any circumstances. Jahurul, more importantly. If I had my way, I would send him at no.5, but Riyadh is settling in there, so I would leave him untouched.
Old May 26, 2010, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Well pointed out, Beamer. Ash has played 53 test matches - exactly one more than Bradman. The Don scored a few more runs though !

Ash has only 10 [ ten ] 50+ innings. That shows his inconsistency. Almost certainly our most talented batsman [ Tamim included ] but his sheer stupidity has brought about these awful figures.
Old May 26, 2010, 12:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Have a great time Imtiaz bhai. A bit jealous though! We are also getting a long weekend in U.S. I have four days off. I probably won't be glued to the screen the whole time, but will check in and watch whenever I can. Wifey has all sorts of outings planned, and I don't have the courage to say NO! What has happened to me..
Old May 26, 2010, 12:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiazk
Well pointed out, Beamer. Ash has played 53 test matches - exactly one more than Bradman. The Don scored a few more runs though !

Ash has only 10 [ ten ] 50+ innings. That shows his inconsistency. Almost certainly our most talented batsman [ Tamim included ] but his sheer stupidity has brought about these awful figures.
Now now Imtiaz bhai..kar nam mukhe nilen in the same breath with Ash !

I think Ash should follow Ponting to a T. I think his 'natural abilities' are more in line with Ponting's game. I know people are fond of saying that Ash is our Tendulkar. Far from it. Tendulkar makes a living driving down the ground with his perfect balance and timing. Ash is not even close to Tendu's strong points. However, it is Ponting that I think Ash should emulate. Not a bad example if you ask me.
Old May 26, 2010, 12:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I'd like to see:
1 Tamim 2 Jahirul 3 Zunaed 4 Ashraful 5 Riyad 6 Shakib 7 Mushfiq+ 8 Naeem 9 Shahadat 10 Shafiul 11 Rubel
Old May 26, 2010, 12:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Have a great time Imtiaz bhai. A bit jealous though! We are also getting a long weekend in U.S. I have four days off. I probably won't be glued to the screen the whole time, but will check in and watch whenever I can. Wifey has all sorts of outings planned, and I don't have the courage to say NO! What has happened to me..
congrats on the wedding!

here's the plan to enjoy 4 days of Test cricket: transform the wife's outings into "innings"...and then just follow Dave Chappelle's simple recipe: just get off [no pun intended, haha], and get on the playstation [in your case, cricinfo/live stream].

let me know if this works, you're the guinea pig!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 26, 2010, 01:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Ok bro..I will let you know...
Old May 26, 2010, 01:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Beamer, I believe congratulations are in order ! If you don't mind I wouldn't get into the banter.

Your reference to Tendulkar is apt. I saw him score an unbeaten hundred in Dhaka - not this time but in 2007 . I cannot remember a single shot ! What I took away from that innings was his complete single-mindedness; here was a chance to pile on some easy unbeaten runs. Fatten up the average. He was not going to miss up on that opportunity and he certainly did not. He scored 120 odd runs playing almost 6 hours !

Ashraful, on the other hand, scored a "brilliant" 67 off 41 balls. Bangladesh lost within 3 days !

By the way, Tendulkar can also bat brilliantly went he wants to. He can also accumulate when he wants to.
Old May 26, 2010, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Billah bhai

I am very much against protecting Ash. He is senior and should face the music. I will not send Jahurul or Riyad before him under any circumstances. Jahurul, more importantly. If I had my way, I would send him at no.5, but Riyadh is settling in there, so I would leave him untouched.
I was talking from the angle of Ash = dudh bhat. Because these days all Ash runs are filed under the category of "fau" (bonus).

It's sad to see time and again Riyad & Mushy not getting enough time to complete a much-deserved century. The innings finishes before they are. Ash is somehow still in the team, taking up the much valuable # 3 spot, while we send in batsmen that are far more sound at the fag end of the disaster. Not fair.

Jahurul - I don't want to make a judgment on him until I see him in a few real Test matches.
Old May 26, 2010, 01:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Well..that is the ultimate sign of a true legend, someone who is able to switch his game up and stick to it depending on the situation. Above all, it is the respect for opposition bowlers and each ball sent down , never mind that they are from BD, is what separates him from many. I sometimes get a feeling watching Ash that he actually lacks the respect needed for any bowler. Some of his attempts are reminiscent of 'dekhaya dimu "..lol..

Lets hope he shines in this series. He is still the most gifted batsman we have ever produced. Tamim is next in line..