facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 23, 2005, 10:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

>> Ash scores once in a tour and he did it. Be sure he won't score any big in this tour.

I know this is his trend but I thought that excludes practice matches. You will be in trouble if Ash gets his next 100 at Lord's/Riverside. He is hitting the cricket ball well. I think it is between Rajin and Aftab who will be left out for Mushfiq. Rajin performed better than Aftab in the last two series. But as a big fan of Aftab I like to see him in the playing 11 at Lord's. May be I am wrong, but I think Aftab can win a match (I know he did not win anything so far) while Rajin can only save a match!!

Edited on, May 23, 2005, 3:43 PM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.

Old May 23, 2005, 10:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by FaridpurChicago
I mentioned the fact of Rahim with Ash, Rajin and Aftab after the 1st practice match. Once again I'm sticking to my point. Some people replied me it was too early for Rahim at test level. If our those three fail at practice level then it's already too late to keep them for being buddy or brother or anything like that. Ash scores once in a tour and he did it. Be sure he won't score any big in this tour. Getting double figure is a big challenge for Rajin. Aftab is little better among this trio considering his 20+ and some bowling. And no one is even close to Rahim. Get me an example where any of this trio scored 50+ in consecutive two innings. Did you forget what Ash scored the next innings after that 150+ ton ? Let's get up, & think realistic.
Ok guys.. please stop this prediction thing about Ash. U can never patternise any batsman about when will he score. Nobody wants to score less or bad in a match and I am sure.. Ash nevers goes to bat thinking that he dont need to score now as he already completed his task. He is an attacking player and a stroke maker. Because of this natural batting nature.. he is prone to failure every now and then. I am sure.. he had mind like JO, it would have been quite difficult to get him out as he does have some sound judgement and technique. But .. the fact is .. he isnt that defensive minded and because of his over attacking mentality, he is facing more failures than success. I really hope that someday.. Ash will get cool down and concentrate more on taking responsibilities as .. he is the most experienced batsman after Bashar. But.. it is definitely not right to patternise his battings about when he will score.