facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old July 6, 2009, 12:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
mehrab better than junaid? u must be out of your mind.

i would play mehrab though but in place of riyad. riyad is na ghar ka na ghat ka. he is not a good enough batsman nor good enough bowler to play in tests. the spinner spot should go to enamul.

disagree...Riyad did well in FCs in Bangladesh and so did Mehrab...It is Enam that did not do well over a long time in FCs.

Old July 6, 2009, 02:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
mehrab better than junaid? u must be out of your mind.

i would play mehrab though but in place of riyad. riyad is na ghar ka na ghat ka. he is not a good enough batsman nor good enough bowler to play in tests. the spinner spot should go to enamul.
Zunaed averages only a 24 in FC while Mehrab averages 32..and in tests the both average around a 21 so I don't think Zunaed is any better than Mehrab..Mahmudullah not good enough for tests? He averages almost 36 in FC which is one of the best if not the best on this team..also in ODI's he averages more than Zunaed and Mehrab..so I really don't know what your talking about with Mahmudullah
Old July 6, 2009, 04:07 PM
Cricket Guru

WI A shonge aei obosta ke jane real team er loge BD to innings defeat e harbo
Old July 6, 2009, 07:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I have to point out that we have.

In 2008, we lost by an innings and 137 runs to the Kiwis at Wellington in January.
Later that same year, on our away tour to South Africa in November, we lost both Tests ignominiously, the first by an innings and 129 runs and the second by an innings and 48 runs.

The year ended with the Sri Lanka visiting us at home. While we were competitive in the first Test, we were hammered in the second (our only Test so far this year) by 456 runs.

Now the ratio of innings defeats to tests have decreased after the horrendous 2007 season (5 of 6 Tests were innings defeats).
one of those innings defeats to SA was the strangest. after sakib took 3 quick wickets, BD was actually in striking distance, theoretically at least, of taking a first innings lead. from that position we allowed boucher and some other dude to make a 200 run partnership and we lost by an innings. but up to that partnership, we were actually looking to take a lead!!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 6, 2009, 08:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

As far as I remember besides our poor performance in the field luck never favored us specially in umpiring. Test match history has been heavily affected by this. Recent past some matches against New Zealand and India have been heavily drenched by their errors.

Ashoka, Nadir Shah, FB are quite a few as I recall who did a lot of damage in our progress.