facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 2, 2007, 04:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
... I don't see how they can manage anything other than last place in the NCL, despite possible heroics from my boy Zunead "Big Z" Siddique.
Exclude the national players. Very soon their tour call up will come. They are certainly not the weakest link then and would be able to compete with anyone. I recon Big Z will not be selected hense will rule NCL.

I am happy with hometown Khulna by the way. Only missing Rana. Hablu mia'rey jodi kono bhabey size kora jeto i would be flying high like my avatar. "To air is human."

Old October 2, 2007, 04:59 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

ঢাকা আইলো
Old October 2, 2007, 08:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Exclude the national players. Very soon their tour call up will come. They are certainly not the weakest link then and would be able to compete with anyone. I recon Big Z will not be selected hense will rule NCL.

I am happy with hometown Khulna by the way. Only missing Rana. Hablu mia'rey jodi kono bhabey size kora jeto i would be flying high like my avatar. "To air is human."
Hmm good point. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what kind of depth each one of those teams have. Not at all optimistic about Rajshahi's chances though. Big Z NOT making to the National Team? Now that's another story altogether.

No expectations from HaBa. I fear he has nothing more to give.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; October 2, 2007 at 10:08 PM..
Old October 2, 2007, 10:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Khulna vow better show
The Daily Star

One might be surprised to see a team finish a tournament without a win when they have a number of national players including Habibul Bashar and Mashrafe Bin Mortuza.

The result of Khulna however showed the real picture of the National Cricket League, the first-class competition of the country. The star-studded Khulna side managed five draws in the four-day meet and lost all their five limited-over encounters to finish last in the six-team competition.

The players leisurely attitude towards the competition made it almost a 'picnic' affair but Khulna and former Bangladesh captain Bashar believes that it is a different story this time due to two major changes when the National League kicks-off across the country from October 19.

"After a very enthusiastic start, this competition gradually lost its charm because of little money and unavailability of the star players, who were always away in national duties. But now the good news is that the authority has offered a handsome match fee and hopefully, national players will also able to play a maximum number of matches," explained Bashar reflecting on the board's offer of Tk 15,000 and Tk 10,000 for the four-day and one-day matches respectively. FULL READ
Old October 2, 2007, 10:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Why gramen phone pacer hunts bowlwers are not playing in the leagues. What about Rubel Hossain, Salahuddin ???
Old October 2, 2007, 10:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arafath79
Why gramen phone pacer hunts bowlwers are not playing in the leagues. What about Rubel Hossain, Salahuddin ???
Mosharraf Hossain IS Rubel bro, and your namesake Salauddin is playing for Barisal, if he's the same cat ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 2, 2007, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Mosharraf Hossain IS Rubel bro, and your namesake Salauddin is playing for Barisal, if he's the same cat ...
Are you sure bro ? There is a leg spinner name Mosarraf Hossain Rubel. I think GP discovery is Rubel Hossain.I can't see any Salahuddin in Barisal !!
Old October 2, 2007, 10:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Are you sure bro ? There is a leg spinner name Mosarraf Hossain Rubel. I think GP discovery is Rubel Hossain.I can't see any Salahuddin in Barisal !!
read it over bro. thers a Arafat salauddin..
Old October 2, 2007, 11:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
I can't see any Salahuddin in Barisal !!
Here:

BARISAL: Shahriar Nafees (captain), Hannan Sarkar, Imran Ahmed, Raquibul Hasan, Nasiruddin Faruque, Shaheen Hossain (wicketkeeper), Abul Bashar, Arafat Salauddin, Ali Arman Rajan, Talha Jubair, Sajjadul Islam, Debobroto Paul, Lablur Rahman, Tarikul Islam, Humayun Kabir, Ahsanullah Hasan, Raisul Islam, Proshenjit Bose, Monowar Hossain, Ariful Haque.
Old October 2, 2007, 11:35 PM
Banned

Ok. I got it now. Thanks to Murad, Sohel and Kabir bhai.May be he is the one bowler who was discovered by GP pacer hunt program.
Old October 3, 2007, 11:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
May be he is the one bowler who was discovered by GP pacer hunt program.
Arafat Salahuddin is just a medium pacer. Rubel Hossain that was found in the last GP pacer hunt is not playing in the league this year. Being from Sathkhira, he could not find a place in Khulna team alongside Mashrafe, Rasel, Dolar, Zia, Monju, Robiul (a find from previous pacer hunt) etc. IMO, selectors should have assigned him to Chittagong or Barisal.
Old October 3, 2007, 12:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Rubel Hossain's absence is absolutely farcical.

How can the most promising pace bowler we've produced since Shahadat be left out of the country's first class competition?

It's things like this that make me pull my hair out.
Old October 3, 2007, 02:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Four teams get practice games

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) arranged practice matches for Dhaka, Rajshahi, Khulna and Barisal ahead of the National Cricket League, which starts from October 19.

But Chittagong and Sylhet missed the opportunity to prepare by playing matches before the first-class competition.

"We have very short time in our hand before the Eid break and as both teams are locally-based, it would be tough for them to travel within this time limit. Another problem is that the Chittagong venue is not ready. One of our objective is to look at the pitches we prepared for the first few rounds," said Ahmed Sajjadul Alam Bobby, chairman of the media committee and vice-chairman of the tournament committee.

Barisal will play the first match against Bangladesh Under-19 on October 5 at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur while Dhaka will meet the same opponents on October 8 at the same venue.

Rajshahi will play two warm-up games against BCB National Cricket Academy on October 6 at the Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogra and October 7 at the Rajshahi Divisional Stadium.

Khulna is also fortunate enough to play two practice games on October 9 and 10 respectively against the Academy side at the Bir Shrestha Shahid Motiur Rahman Stadium in Khulna.
Old October 3, 2007, 02:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Barisal will play the first match against Bangladesh Under-19 on October 5 at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur while Dhaka will meet the same opponents on October 8 at the same venue.
There you go - chances for the Rubel and Co. to put up some outstanding performances and force the selectors to reconsider them (players) for NCL.
Old October 3, 2007, 04:01 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
read it over bro. thers a Arafat salauddin..
Arafat Salahuddin is a premier batting all-rounder.

He is one player to watch in the NCL, he was one of the leading run scorer last season and at the same time leading wicket takers.

He is a bright prospect and is only 23. I hope he will continue to improve and earn his call to fill the much needed quality all-rounder slot of national team.
Old October 3, 2007, 07:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Rana, we miss u.
Old October 3, 2007, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Arafat Salahuddin is just a medium pacer. Rubel Hossain that was found in the last GP pacer hunt is not playing in the league this year. Being from Sathkhira, he could not find a place in Khulna team alongside Mashrafe, Rasel, Dolar, Zia, Monju, Robiul (a find from previous pacer hunt) etc. IMO, selectors should have assigned him to Chittagong or Barisal.
May be some of you guys missed that GP pacer hunts new discovery is Salahuddin not Arafat Salahuddin. Some people from BCB are comparing Salahuddin with Mashrafe and they think they have found another Mashrafe. He is faster than Rubel Hossain.

Source: http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/in...s&editionID=56
Old October 3, 2007, 09:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

well it sounds very interesting and promising for bangladesh cricket if they have made a find like that, and if he really is that good the natural question should be why isn't he playing in the top comps if he's ready for it?
Old October 4, 2007, 01:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Rahim boost for Sylhet
The Daily Star

Sylhet look to set aside their mediocre-tag in the National Cricket League, starting their preparation under a local coach as the Bangladesh Cricket Board are yet to confirm who will take coaching responsibilities of the divisional side.

Captain Rajin Saleh's side have won two four-day matches to finish fifth and in the one-day competition, they came third. Such performance, although not bad, never becomes a threat to the top finishers.

Alok Kapali, an enigma in Bangladesh cricket, was key in Sylhet's limited success as the right-hander was the second highest scorer in NCL with 744 runs, including three hundreds. He chipped in with 24 wickets and his one-day performance was also noteworthy (295 runs in five games).

There were also some notable individual efforts that came from left-arm spinner Nabil Samad, who claimed 34 wickets in nine games to finish third highest wicket-taker while opener Imtiaz Hossain finished fourth in the batting list, scoring 654 runs.

And of course the Golam brothers Mabud, Mowla and Rahman -- also played important roles throughout the season. FULL READ
Old October 4, 2007, 05:25 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan!!!!!!!!

I support Dhaka, becuz i live here, but more than that, I support Khulna becuz there is SAKIB, razzak, rasel,mash etc........
WAY 2 GO, KHULNA!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE U!!!!!!!!!
Old October 4, 2007, 05:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
May be some of you guys missed that GP pacer hunts new discovery is Salahuddin not Arafat Salahuddin. Some people from BCB are comparing Salahuddin with Mashrafe and they think they have found another Mashrafe. He is faster than Rubel Hossain.

Source: http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/in...s&editionID=56
Thanks for the dig bro ...
Old October 4, 2007, 05:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Rahim boost for Sylhet
The Daily Star

Sylhet look to set aside their mediocre-tag in the National Cricket League, starting their preparation under a local coach as the Bangladesh Cricket Board are yet to confirm who will take coaching responsibilities of the divisional side.

Captain Rajin Saleh's side have won two four-day matches to finish fifth and in the one-day competition, they came third. Such performance, although not bad, never becomes a threat to the top finishers.

Alok Kapali, an enigma in Bangladesh cricket, was key in Sylhet's limited success as the right-hander was the second highest scorer in NCL with 744 runs, including three hundreds. He chipped in with 24 wickets and his one-day performance was also noteworthy (295 runs in five games).

There were also some notable individual efforts that came from left-arm spinner Nabil Samad, who claimed 34 wickets in nine games to finish third highest wicket-taker while opener Imtiaz Hossain finished fourth in the batting list, scoring 654 runs.

And of course the Golam brothers Mabud, Mowla and Rahman -- also played important roles throughout the season. FULL READ
Great dig Noc. Thanks bro ...

I expect Alok to do exceptionally well again. After having watched both Imtiaz Hossain and Golam Rahman (who impressed me more BTW) last season, I expect an even better season from both. It would be interesting to see how Tapash does also.

That said, I'll still stand by my original predictions ...

Last edited by Sohel; October 4, 2007 at 05:57 AM..
Old October 4, 2007, 05:41 AM
Cricket Legend

I hope Alok has another good season with the bat. Time and time again we keep bringing younger batsmen from the Under 19 Team, and dump the older ones who are underperforming. Its almost as if our batsmen have a short life cycle. We need guys like Kapali back in our team to provide some much needed experience and depth. Another good season with the willow will definitely do good to his confidence. I am also hoping to see the same from Tushar Imran and some of the other relatively experienced batsmen.
Old October 4, 2007, 06:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
I hope Alok has another good season with the bat. Time and time again we keep bringing younger batsmen from the Under 19 Team, and dump the older ones who are underperforming. Its almost as if our batsmen have a short life cycle. We need guys like Kapali back in our team to provide some much needed experience and depth. Another good season with the willow will definitely do good to his confidence. I am also hoping to see the same from Tushar Imran and some of the other relatively experienced batsmen.
He will, but his problem remains one of mental transition to the highest level of international cricket. Luckily he's still young and the T20 WC experience laden with Morne Morkel and Brett Lee's outstanding bowling does not mean the end of his career or those of the top order batsmen who collapsed all around him.

Tushar on the other hand, is technically flawed with atrocious footwork IMHO, and doesn't belong at the highest level. I expect him to do OK in the NCL, but certainly not as good as national players who are simply too good for the league.

I pick Ashraful to be the MVP this season by a mile. Despite all of his issues, he's simply the best.
Old October 4, 2007, 06:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

I'm rooting for Sylhet...