facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 31, 2017, 04:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
And...lol I like the amount of Dunning-Kroger syndrome some prominent senior arm chair members reeks. If you were the ish.. and had all the answers, clearly you wouldn't spend your sorrya-- on internet forum ripping players' lives apart. Of course I am talking about those know-it-all stuck up "authority figure" minded members only.

90% of the members are cool. Heck if it was like back in the days when the elite ran and ruled, I probably wouldn't be back. Guys like Roy1, Shadow, Yankee, Jadz, tonoy, Tigers Eye, akle, Dinraat... makes me wanna come back.

Cut with the elitism sh--. Treat others like the way you like to be treated, and respect others like the way you like to be respected.

Edit: And also regarding issue of religion, well guess what? Not everybody shares the same view. Not everyone needs to respect all faith and view. Stop being the white sheep and white knight. Goody goody is a disease. In an open forum with different people with different opinions with different views, there will be bound to be different egos. Stop exerting YOUR beliefs on others on what or how should people behave regarding religion. Just cuz it's Islam doesn't mean they get a free pass. Pssh... just go to an unregulated, unmoderated forum like Facebook or Youtube and spout that nonsense. You will get murdered by international community.

I brought up religion because it is clearly a sensitive topic resulting in many bans and infraction and melee.
I can't like this post enough

Should be stickied for all to read and contemplate.

Old December 31, 2017, 04:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
I can't like this post enough

Should be stickied for all to read and contemplate.
I will give you examples of good customer service so that you (as in all) have better understanding where I am coming from.
(Because at the end of the day being a CEO of a company or leadership or managing a forum is all about customer service and making each and every member happy with complete undivided attention to their needs. It's not about "Control" and "Power"; good leadership is all about engagement and being considerate.)

Two times I entered Wisden competition. And each time the way the editors graciously acknowledged my acceptance or submission made me feel like a winner already even though I didn't win. They were courteous and friendly and professional. They made me and I assume everyone who entered feel special. In Buddhism - and I am not bringing religion in here, it's more a way or philosophy- they say that the most important person in the room is the one in front of you. Good leaders bring the best out of you. They make you feel like million dollar person and give complete and undivided attention.

Similarly in many important movers n' shakers type of Facebook pages - such as Lego or Coca Cola- they take the effort and time to personally reply as many comments as possible tediously. Some are complaints, some are thanks..

When Jimmy Choo founder Tamara Mellon was asked: "How do you deal with elitism?" by Google she promptly replied that gone are those and now they listen to public.

This idea that I will sit on my throne and lest I interact with people - the commoners, the mass, the hoi polloi- I will lose all my precious weight, prestige and gravity is outdated, is frankly insulting and speaks more about the insecurity of that person if not a misplaced perception of one's self-importance.

Watch the TV show Kyle XY. If I was God in real life, would I avoid interacting with average Joe Schmoe? No absolutely not. I'd be so much secure I'd engage in everyone's day to day lives and interact with everyone. Kinda like Caliph of Baghdad who played God and tested people.

The point being a self-actualized man has nothing to prove. He has no wants nor needs and engaging or interacting with people and paying attention to their needs and concerns does not tarnish their image least bit...

...instead it makes them even more magnanimous.

Heh... you learn a thing or two when study positive psychology.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old December 31, 2017, 04:50 PM
Cricket Savant

I mean look at kalpurush. Heck he could have you killed with one snap of his finger. Lol :p But look how friendly and omayik he is. He is simply too sagacious, serene and at peace with himself.

One day he messaged me on FB saying how I am his hero. What this gentleman didn't realize how he himself became a hero in my eyes over the years.

Old December 31, 2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
I mean look at kalpurush. Heck he could have you killed with one snap of his finger. Lol :p But look how friendly and omayik he is. He is simply too sagacious, serene and at peace with himself.

One day he messaged me on FB saying how I am his hero. What this gentleman didn't realize how he himself became a hero in my eyes over the years.
Come on Zee...you are my source of Banglacricket passion...
Old December 31, 2017, 06:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Come on Zee...you are my source of Banglacricket passion...
Obayed, you have been challenged to a duel.

Or as I like to call...

...holmgang.

Old December 31, 2017, 11:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

You two get a room 😜
Old January 1, 2018, 12:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
You two get a room 😜
You are on Jim Carrey level huh? Dude, I wonder if you were born enlightened. lol .. You are like Tagore-Bramacharya! You are another of my hero.

Have a pleasant and safe new year. Don't go all quaalude on me now. :p

Old January 1, 2018, 10:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
You are on Jim Carrey level huh? Dude, I wonder if you were born enlightened. lol .. You are like Tagore-Bramacharya! You are another of my hero.

Have a pleasant and safe new year. Don't go all quaalude on me now. :p
Finally I have someone who is scared the hell out of me getting qualuded.
Jokes aside the opposite is more justifiable for the Way this forum evolved for a decade or so. And anybody who thinks this forum is drowning need to take a hard look at the mirror and scream to oneself “I hate every single piece of garbage Z posts”. Not so easy really.
On your quip on being enlightened, I will have to admit how lucky I could be if I could avoid this daily struggle through purgatory channel of senses if was born like that, although I find Rousseau more meaningful than Voltaire nowadays. After all we as human species is distinguished not only by reason, but by this singular passion from other animals, which is a lust of the mind, that by a perseverance of delight in the continued and indefatigable generation of knowledge, extends the short vehemence of any carnal pleasure.

Happy arbitrary change in time designation called 2018 A.D.
Old January 1, 2018, 12:11 PM
Cricket Savant

^^^Yeah I kinda agree. This forum hasn't gone down the drain. This forum is doing fine. It has existed and will continue to do so with or without member (read: aklemalp participation). Lol people just need something to get triggered to....

But I do stand by about the reprehensible customer service. If they had a Facebook page, I'd have downright written: "Run by bunch of power hungry mods". At least it was when I joined.

The judgmental tone some of them possessed/es is absolutely unacceptable and speaks of double standard who seems to uphold "values" and arbiter of "moral judgment" yet they have a sharp judgmental attitude about people rife with ASSUMPTIONS. I mean FFS they have a "Be polite" thread. LOL!

Old January 1, 2018, 12:38 PM
Cricket Savant

And I don't post garbage.

Old January 1, 2018, 08:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

People will flock to you if you provide a good content and atmosphere.

If you keep on whining, then they will look at you in scorn and turn away.
Old January 2, 2018, 03:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Something I just posted:
Quote:
This is not a complaint nor grievance or suggestion. Rather a feedback.

I LOVE how amazingly tolerant the moderators and admins are in general. I know coming from someone who always finds fault.. but that's for checks and balances.

I'd go as far as to say, the mod-ship and the great vibes and the overall quality of members and their posts sets the gold standard and as exemplary as it can get for the rest of the world to follow suit and to model after.

Great job. Keep up the fantastic work. And let's face it... these guys Zunaid, Nasif, rs, RazabQ, Navo, Atimar...they weren't exactly born yesterday. They KNOW what they are doing.

Five stars.

Or maybe ami khosh mejaje asi......
http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...05#post2038305

Old January 2, 2018, 03:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
And I don't post garbage.
it is the perspective of the reader and also, everybody is born enlightened, it is the social conditioning which shapes the matured self.
Old January 2, 2018, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
:everybody is born enlightened, it is the social conditioning which shapes the matured self.
Single heaviest one-liner I have read in a while, thought provoking stuff really
Old January 2, 2018, 09:40 PM
Cricket Savant

We need some hot chicks on BC to get the membership rollin'.

They see me rollin...

Old January 2, 2018, 09:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
it is the perspective of the reader and also, everybody is born enlightened, it is the social conditioning which shapes the matured self.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Single heaviest one-liner I have read in a while, thought provoking stuff really
Absolutely agree. But humor me this. Suppose Baby 1 is born in pristine condition. And we blame his parents Baby 2 and Baby 3 and society ... but they in turn are born pristine ... so where does this lead to?

Baby 0?

Adam and Eve? First temptation and original sin? I mean where did everything go hayfire and f-ed up in the first place?

I refuse to believe evil, racism, hate, war always existed and is part and parcel of our daily life. I don't think our 'shristikorta' made us that way. The only reason why evil exists is because WE want it that way. It kinda gets weird, strange and Twilight Zonish, but sometimes I noticed - NOT on weed- that if you expect drama, dramaqueens, negativity... universe doesn't disappoint you. You precisely get just that in return.

Old January 4, 2018, 04:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Should encourage more Indians and Pak lurkers to register and post regularly. Encounters of different nationalities, lively and often spicy discussions, people with diverse opinions and thoughts are some of the key elements of a popular and vibrant forum. Pakpassion would be a boring place without Indians and Bangladeshis same is true for ICF. I have no issues with the mods here but I think some members can be a bit more tolerant dealing with who they think are trolls. I am not saying you guys are any less welcoming or anything but phrases like "Go back to your own forums" or "you are not welcome here" is what drives the lurkers and potential members away. And of course it would be great if the old members could take some time off their busy schedules and post here a little more often.
Old January 5, 2018, 09:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Absolutely agree. But humor me this. Suppose Baby 1 is born in pristine condition. And we blame his parents Baby 2 and Baby 3 and society ... but they in turn are born pristine ... so where does this lead to?

Baby 0?

Adam and Eve? First temptation and original sin? I mean where did everything go hayfire and f-ed up in the first place?
Only if you are a creationist and inclined to theology then the answer can be found in all biblical references of major religions.
But if you follow Daniel Dennet you can find the actual answers to this hypothesis.
Old January 5, 2018, 03:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Thik koisi ki na kon?

Sobaire jodi bhagaya dei taile post korbo keda?
Old January 5, 2018, 09:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
We need some hot chicks on BC to get the membership rollin'.

They see me rollin...
This I agree. To paraphrase an old song, my doodh bhat brings all the boys to the yard...
Old January 6, 2018, 08:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
This I agree. To paraphrase an old song, my doodh bhat brings all the boys to the yard...
That old song sounds creepy. Any E rated link?
Old January 6, 2018, 08:54 AM
Cricket Savant

I love how enlightening this thread has been and turned out in contrast to its initial purpose.

Thanks especially to One World buddy,
Old January 6, 2018, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I love how enlightening this thread has been and turned out in contrast to its initial purpose.

Thanks especially to One World buddy,
The purpose of this thread was to make this thread a hit
That has been accomplished.

A way for members to share their frustration = user coming back/more traffic.

Since opening this thread, there has been a bit more activity in BC.
Old January 6, 2018, 09:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
The purpose of this thread was to make this thread a hit
That has been accomplished.

A way for members to share their frustration = user coming back/more traffic.

Since opening this thread, there has been a bit more activity in BC.
Drowning in the title is a Negative.
Old January 6, 2018, 09:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Drowning in the title is a Negative.
You have to come up with nice titles to pull people in. Funny and witty.

Like Sabbir is no more , sometimes extremely horrific...

Have to give something to members to talk about..

Doing everything by the books gets boring...people like something different..