facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 5, 2009, 05:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Default Fickle minded us BC members!! - “yet another IPL thread”

Last year around this time when the first IPL auction was held, very few of us were interested. In fact if I remember correctly most of the threads were regarding how IPL was going to do more harm than good. But this year the story is very different….a lot of us are waiting for tomorrow’s auction very impatiently. So what changed your mind and why?

I guess for me it’s the inclusion of BD players that made this auction a little more interesting than the last one. Overall, I am not too interested in watching the game or even follow the league but to me whether or not our players get picked is working as the ultimate anecdote.

What about you? Is yours the same reason as mine or last year’s IPL just grew on you?

Old February 5, 2009, 05:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I always interested in IPL and the fact that our players are going to make significant participation this year makes it so much more exciting.
Old February 5, 2009, 05:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

The IPL is more interesting this year due to our boys having a good chance to get in. Also, after watching last year's IPL (which almost everyone did) it gave us a sense to enjoy the shortest version of the sport. I dont know about everyone else here on BC, but the IPL last year was very entertaining to watch.
Old February 5, 2009, 05:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Just like some people are still thinking that T20 will destroy cricket, 5 years down the road, they will turn into great fans. Resistance to change is pretty natural. IPL was a new concept some people had to resist.... All natural

The inclusion of BD players have contributed a lot for this interest. But if the outcome is 50k like last time, we will see a lot of IPL Sux type threads as well.

By the way, isn't that the IPL / ICL related topics supposed to be posted in 'Leagues & Tournaments' section?

Old February 5, 2009, 05:46 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

For whatever reason some other people get mesmerized for those tournaments, I think its ludicrous for people outside India to jump up in the name of Delhi, Chennai or Bangalore. Its all Indian managements' dhanda to secure wherewithal capitalizing the madness of their countrymen for cricket.
Old February 5, 2009, 06:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

You see the reason I don't follow IPL is because I don't find any sense of connection with any team. To be honest, I followed Dhaka Warriors more then I followed all teams combined in the last IPL. Which makes me question the Indian crowd, how do they find the self of belonging to a team. Would a cricket fan from Calcutta enjoy seeing the Knight Riders foreign player belting an Indian national team bowler like Ishant Sharma? How do you decide who to support? Is your state's franchise team before your country?
Old February 5, 2009, 06:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

As I said in my previous post, Indian management is trying to build up a milieu like English Premier League (or parallel European leagues), where people generally use to go for their favorite team, disregarding players' origin. People from the same city can go in for different teams like Chelsea/Arsenal or City/ManU. Football is way too different form of game and the players/management/clubs/countries/enthusiasts .. involved in EPL are all rich nevertheless. Their legacy is as old as nearly 100 years. But in case of cricket its not so easy to develop a team spirit among some cricketers assorted from different countries with different vernaculars whereas in case of Soccer these barriers doesnt affect too much on field. The only collateral for BCCI is their publics passion for cricket. They seem to go to the stadium to see anything in the name of cricket (it gives them an added flavor when it is a do or die type fomat called 20-20)

Last edited by sandpiper; February 5, 2009 at 06:38 PM..
Old February 5, 2009, 06:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

who cares about IPL if our players aren't there? Who cared about ICL when our players (although they betrayed) weren't there?
I know Many of us even though we call them Dhaka traitor...we still watch the games when they play and its exciting for us. its the same for IPL, just with bigger names in it.
Old February 5, 2009, 06:51 PM
Cricket Legend

grew on me
Old February 5, 2009, 07:05 PM
Cricket Sage

i think there is a big difference between a regular T20 and IPL...in my opinion T20 made the game much more entertainting to a degree (specially for batsman) ..and it will probably play a big role in globalizing the game...but IPL is just a money making machine which i have no problem with..look at all the other sports..if we compare to what football, baseball, basketball, american football players make...cricket players make nothing..so i have no problem giving them an opportunity to make some money
Old February 5, 2009, 08:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Never liked twenty20 cricket, nor the BCCI. Hence, this IPL crap has become one of my worst enemies in recent times.

Die twenty20. Die.
Old February 5, 2009, 09:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
i think there is a big difference between a regular T20 and IPL...in my opinion T20 made the game much more entertainting to a degree (specially for batsman) ..and it will probably play a big role in globalizing the game...but IPL is just a money making machine which i have no problem with..look at all the other sports..if we compare to what football, baseball, basketball, american football players make...cricket players make nothing..so i have no problem giving them an opportunity to make some money
Ditto
Old February 5, 2009, 09:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

amar kache icl ipl kono bhedabedh nai...i just watch it for entertainment...it's like watching hrithik roshan movies also with shahrukh khan movies....so guys entertain hishebe icl/ipl dekhen...ei league nishiddho, oi league nishhido, eishob badh dia khela deikha apner time enjoy koren...